Romney Absorbs Boos, Tells NAACP That...

Romney Absorbs Boos, Tells NAACP That Democrats Have Failed Blacks

There are 2348 comments on the National Public Radio story from Jul 11, 2012, titled Romney Absorbs Boos, Tells NAACP That Democrats Have Failed Blacks. In it, National Public Radio reports that:

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney didn't expect a warm embrace when he took the stage Wednesday at the NAACP annual convention in Houston.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Public Radio.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#2298 Aug 27, 2012
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>If Bush got 8 years, because the stock market did well at times (according to you)...then you have to agree that Obama and the stock market climbing at a 60% faster pace in US history means he will certainly get 8 years!
Mostly, if you think Mitt is gonna win, I have some "magic mormon undies" to sell ya!
Has Mitt answered yet if he believes in the Mormon Magic underwear?
No?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#2299 Aug 27, 2012
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
Nope...I don't get it! I do not understand how it is "denigrating" when the Mormons themselves USE THEM!!! It is a REAL THING! The fact that you call it "denigrating" is IN FACT denigrating.
AGAIN...how did I make fun of them? I simply asked if Romney "BELIEVED" in it?! The Mormons believe it gives them spiritual and physical protection. You seem to be confusing asking a simple logical question, with making fun. Pay attention better.
Mormons don't use the term, "Magic underwear" and S.B. does; that's denigrating. I hope S.B. doesn't learn because the more they print anti-Mormon bigotry, the easier it is to see who they are.

Snow Bunny_ wrote:
Are you saying that wasn't most repubs stance?
lol Don't lie....[]
I never heard a Republican in leadership call Obama a Muslim, have you? If so, please cite.

Snow Bunny_ wrote:
Who said "he did it first"? I was pointing out hypocrisy....that does not mean "he did it first" They did it PERIOD!
...I have not done anything "second" or made fun of anyone. It's a logical question to ask the man that is going to RTUN THIS COUNTRY, if he believes the underwear he wears gives him spiritual and physical protection...eh? He is only going to have the most powerful position in the US! Kinda important...eh?
I'm not interested in theology; boxers of briefs isn't a question that I want answered. S.B. calls us hypocrites for these fantasy accusations that Obama is a Muslim, and doesn't recognize any hypocrisy complaining about that one paragraph and describing obscure Mormon theology the next.

I'd prefer to talk about Romney's generous heart; his charitable giving and time he gives to help others is an outgrowth of his religion too. I'm interested if religion makes people better and in Romney's case, it looks like it has.

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Since: Sep 09

Sunbury, OH

#2300 Aug 27, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Mormons don't use the term, "Magic underwear" and S.B. does; that's denigrating.
.....Oh, so you don't like the term that describes exactly what it is?
why?
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text> the more they print anti-Mormon bigotry, the easier it is to see who they are.
Saying "magic underwear" is anti Mormon?
How so exactly?
Can you be specific?
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I never heard a Republican in leadership call Obama a Muslim, have you? If so, please cite.
Key words here: "in leadership"!
lol, because you KNOW you've heard repubs say it that are NOT in leadership...and that was my point:)

BUT...The Republican National Committee (RNC) is a U.S. political committee that provides national leadership for the Republican Party of the United States.
"A member of the Republican National Committee, Kim Lehman, has publicly accused the President of being a Muslim and her Party has remained mum, failing to correct her or condemn her behavior."
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not interested in theology; boxers of briefs isn't a question that I want answered. S.B. calls us hypocrites for these fantasy accusations that Obama is a Muslim, and doesn't recognize any hypocrisy complaining about that one paragraph and describing obscure Mormon theology the next.
I don't care what you're not interested in.
Yes, you are a HYPOCRITE!
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd prefer to talk about Romney's generous heart; his charitable giving and time he gives to help others is an outgrowth of his religion too. I'm interested if religion makes people better and in Romney's case, it looks like it has.
YES!
Lets talk about ROMNEY!
As governor, Romney increased taxes and fees by as much as $750 million per year.

During his first year in office, Governor Romney proposed higher fees for hospitals, nursing homes, motor vehicles, buying a house, the blind, disabled people, and getting married, and that first year Massachusetts increased fees more than any other state in the nation.

Governor Romney raised a gas tax in Massachusetts by 400%.

Romney left behind a $1 billion budget deficit for the next governor and saddled Massachusetts taxpayers with more debt per person than any other state.

Long-term debt increased by 16% in just four years, leaving Massachusetts with the highest debt per person in the nation.
Over $2.6 billion in debt was added while Romney was governor:
2003:$694 million
2004:$653 million
2005:$1.028 billion
2006:$257 million

Governor Romney promised to set strict limits on debt, but he broke that promise. And every year he was in office the state’s debt liability increased.

YES. lets discuss this!
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#2301 Aug 27, 2012
The Communist Party USA played a significant role in defending the rights of African-Americans during its heyday in the 1930s and 1940s. Earlier however, at the direction of the Comintern in 1928, the party advocated for many years a separate 'Negro Republic', to be founded in the heavily black populated areas of the Southern part of the United States. Based on Stalin's nationalities policy in the Soviet Union, blacks throughout the US were to be declared citizens of this new Republic, then shipped off to it.[citation needed] Throughout its history many of the Party's leaders and political thinkers have been African Americans. James Ford, Charlene Mitchell, Angela Davis, and Jarvis Tyner, the current executive vice chair of the Party, all ran as presidential or vice presidential candidates on the Party ticket. Others like Benjamin J. Davis, William L. Patterson, Harry Haywood, James Jackson, Henry Winston, Claude Lightfoot, Alphaeus Hunton, Doxey Wilkerson, Claudia Jones, and John Pittman contributed in important ways to the Party's approaches to major issues from human and civil rights, peace, women's equality, the national question, working class unity, Marxist thought, cultural struggle and more. Their contributions have had a lasting impact on not only the Party but the general public as well. Noted African American thinkers, artists, and writers such as Claude McKay, Richard Wright, Ann Petry, W. E. B. Du Bois, Shirley Graham Du Bois, Lloyd Brown, Charles White, Elizabeth Catlett, Paul Robeson, Frank Marshall Davis, Gwendolyn Brooks, and many more were one-time members or supporters of the Party, and the Communists also had a close alliance with Harlem Congressman Adam Clayton Powell, Jr.[75] The party's work to appeal to African-Americans continues to this day. It was instrumental in the founding of the Black Radical Congress in 1998.

Wikipedia (Obamas,Mentor,gets a nice Mention??)
not true

Boston, MA

#2302 Aug 27, 2012
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
Temple Garment: Magic Underwear
First, the garment provides the member "a constant reminder" of the covenants they made in the temple.
Second, the garment "when properly worn...provides protection against temptation and evil".
General authority Carlos E. Asay adds that the garment "strengthens the wearer to resist temptation, fend off evil influences, and stand firmly for the right.
*Researchers who interviewed a sample of Latter-day Saints who wear the temple garment reported that virtually all wearers expressed a belief that wearing the garment provided "spiritual protection" and encouraged them to keep their covenants.
Some of those interviewed "asserted that the garment also provided physical protection, while others seemed less certain of any physical aspect to protection."
In Mormon folklore, tales are told of Latter-day Saints who credit their temple garments with helping them survive car wrecks, fires, and natural disasters.
Obama is a muslim or at the very least WAS for years. Shall we talk about all those beliefs now? What, all Muslims don't believe in Jihad? Kill the infidels? 7 virgins in heaven for killing the infidels? Stop your nonsense, you sound like an idiot. And if that picture is really you, you look like trailer trash.

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Sunbury, OH

#2304 Aug 28, 2012
not true wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is a muslim or at the very least WAS for years.
proof please??
No?
MOSTLY, what is wrong with being Muslim?
I thought the US was based on EQUALITY, and there are many Muslim Americans.
not true wrote:
<quoted text>
Shall we talk about all those beliefs now?
YES, lets do!
not true wrote:
<quoted text>
What, all Muslims don't believe in Jihad?
This proves you HAVE NO CLUE!!!!!
NO...Muslims do NOT believe in Jihad!!!
Jihad is another form worshipping completely!
MOST MUSLIMS are 100% AGAINST JIhad!
Jihad to Muslims, is like Jim Jones and "Jonestown" or Waco "David Koresh" to Christians.
EVERY religion have their crazies, and we can't base our beliefs on the ENTIRE RELIGION on a few crazies.
not true wrote:
<quoted text>
Kill the infidels?
I studied religion and theology in college. I see you did NOT!
You have to understand the context of the Quran when it says "kill the infidels".
They were in the midst of war and being attacked on their OWN LAND...and the passage directly and ONLY says kill if attacked FIRST!
if you were attacked first on your own land, wouldn't you fight back and kill those attacking you?

I challenge you to find ONE passage in the Quran that state to kill "infidels" outside of WAR and being attacked first!!
Don't get me wrong, I think most religions are a few clowns short of a circus, including the Muslims religion and Christianity!
BUT, I can not stand for LIES.
Here is the actual passage you're referring to...read carefully:

"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors. And slay them wherever you catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter... But if they cease, God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful... If they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression" (2:190-193).
not true wrote:
<quoted text>
7 virgins in heaven for killing the infidels?
LIE!
Quran does not say anything about 7 virgins!!!
That is a LIE told by terrorist recruiters to mislead them to do suicide bombings, and then perpetrated again by the media!!!
AGAIN...all religions have their CRAZIES!
Jim Jones, abortion clinic bombers, Timothy McVeigh, David Koresh...etc...
Quran makes it certain that people will enter Heaven with their wives and children:
"And (as for) those who believe and their offspring follow them in faith, We will unite with them their offspring..."(52:21). Verse 40.8 also says the same thing, " Our Lord! and make them enter the gardens of perpetuity which Thou hast promised to them and those who do good of their fathers and their wives and their offspring, surely Thou are the Mighty, the Wise."

MOSTLY, do you really need me to post the HORRIFIC verses from the Christian bible?
Deuteronomy 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have served other gods, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.
not true wrote:
<quoted text>Stop your nonsense, you sound like an idiot.
All can see you are the idiot.

It always amazes me how many times this God orders the killing of innocent people even after the Ten Commandments said “Thou shall not kill”. For example, God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21). God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3). He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses”(Joshua 6).
...I could go on!

I can fins passages in the christian bible supporting abortion, child mlestation, and murder...wanna s see?
not true

Boston, MA

#2305 Aug 28, 2012
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>
proof please??
No?
<quoted text>YES, lets do!
<quoted text>This proves you HAVE NO CLUE!!!!!
Jihad to Muslims, is like Jim Jones and "Jonestown" or Waco "David Koresh" to Christians.
EVERY religion have their crazies, and we can't base our beliefs on the ENTIRE RELIGION on a few crazies.
<quoted text>I studied religion and theology in college. I see you did NOT!
You have to understand the context of the Quran when it says "kill the infidels".
They were in the midst of war and being attacked on their OWN LAND...and the passage directly and ONLY says kill if attacked FIRST!
if you were attacked first on your own land, wouldn't you fight back and kill those attacking you?
I challenge you to find ONE passage in the Quran that state to kill "infidels" outside of WAR and being attacked first!!
Don't get me wrong, I think most religions are a few clowns short of a circus, including the Muslims religion and Christianity!
"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors. And slay them wherever you catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter... But if they cease, God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful... If they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression" (2:190-193).
<quoted text>
LIE!
That is a LIE told by terrorist recruiters to mislead them to do suicide bombings, and then perpetrated again by the media!!!
Quran makes it certain that people will enter Heaven with their wives and children:
"And (as for) those who believe and their offspring follow them in faith, We will unite with them their offspring..."(52:21). Verse 40.8 also says the same thing, " Our Lord! and make them enter the gardens of perpetuity which Thou hast promised to them and those who do good of their fathers and their wives and their offspring, surely Thou are the Mighty, the Wise."
MOSTLY, do you really need me to post the HORRIFIC verses from the Christian bible?
Deuteronomy 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have served other gods, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.
<quoted text>All can see you are the idiot.
It always amazes me how many times this God orders the killing of innocent people even after the Ten Commandments said “Thou shall not kill”. For example, God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21). God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3). He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses”(Joshua 6).
...I could go on!
I can fins passages in the christian bible supporting abortion, child mlestation, and murder...wanna s see?
You truly are a dumb blond. I was not disparaging the muslim religion. I was pointing out what SOME of them believe and use the Quran to justify it. See how few words that took me to clarify? Boy you were awfully quick to defend Muslims though but couldn't wait to bash Christians. Typical.
not true

Boston, MA

#2306 Aug 28, 2012
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>
proof please??
No?
<quoted text>YES, lets do!
<quoted text>This proves you HAVE NO CLUE!!!!!
<quoted text>I studied religion and theology in college. I see you did NOT!
<quoted text>
LIE!
<quoted text>All can see you are the idiot.
...I could go on!
Boy you truly are a dumb blond. I was not disparaging Muslims. Simply pointing out that SOME of them believe those things and twist the Quran to justify their actions. See how few words it took me to clarify that? You sure were quick though to defend the Muslims but have no problem bashing Christians and Mormons. Typical.
not true

Boston, MA

#2307 Aug 28, 2012
Not sure why my first post was delayed but it was worth repeating if it comes up twice!
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#2308 Aug 28, 2012
Thank,Oblamer,

For taking care of your Homeys,
To be expected now you in Uh???

Gas Buddy reports,Chicago,Has the Highest
Gas Prices,in the Nation..Average 4.70 Gal
L.A.Has 4.20 Gal.Gas has risen 70Cts In the
last few weeks..

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Sunbury, OH

#2309 Aug 28, 2012
not true wrote:
<quoted text>
You truly are a dumb blond.
Then it must REALLY hurt to have this blonde outsmart you, and smack the living fu@k out of you with truth and facts:)
not true wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not disparaging the muslim religion.
You were reiterating FALSE lies, and anti propaganda towards an entire religion that is based on LIES!
Does that ring a bell to you?
That's exactly what Hitler and Germany did to the Jews.
...and you posted it here, as though you believed it!
Thats' why it is dangerous, and why I feel obligated to set you straight regarding the truth.
not true wrote:
<quoted text>
I was pointing out what SOME of them believe and use the Quran to justify it.
Yes, radicals....Christianity have radicals, Jews have radicals, Muslims have radicals...no ONE religion can escape it!
Heck, even the Amish have radicals!
MOSTLY, the radicals usually follow the book of "Jihad"...which is their OWN writing and interpretation of the Quran! They do not follow the actual Quran.
not true wrote:
<quoted text>
See how few words that took me to clarify?
..because you know you can refute or dispute what I wrote.
It's called presenting FACTS, and being able to back them up with PROOF!
It's more than just "words"..it's proof!
not true wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy you were awfully quick to defend Muslims though but couldn't wait to bash Christians. Typical.
Not really....I am not as much for Muslims, as I am the TRUTH!
...and when I see people spreading hate filled lies, it angers me, and I feel obligated to provide the TRUTH!
What if someone less educated read what you wrote, believed you, and then attacked a Muslim out of fear? IT HAS HAPPENED!
That blood would be on you, and YOUR LIE!
Heck...you got all the "good" judge symbols on that very post!! Yet nothing of what you wrote was factual!!
See my point and the irony?

NOTHING!

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Sunbury, OH

#2310 Aug 28, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
Thank,Oblamer,
For taking care of your Homeys,
To be expected now you in Uh???
Gas Buddy reports,Chicago,Has the Highest
Gas Prices,in the Nation..Average 4.70 Gal
L.A.Has 4.20 Gal.Gas has risen 70Cts In the
last few weeks..
People who blame Obama for the price of gas, is the FIRST SIGN that they do NOT understand politics!
...and are out of their league in a political debate!

FIRST, not Obama, nor Bush, nor Clinton, nor Reagan nor ANY PRESIDENT EVER have anything to do with the price of gas, or controlling the price of gas!!!
That is the PRIVATE GAS COMPANIES doing, and even if the president BEGGED to lower the price, he has ZERO CONTROL!

Secondly, what the president DOES have control over is OIL PRODUCTION!
...and in case ya didn't know, OIL PRODUCTION is at an 8 year HIGH!!!!

SO...who are you mad at and why?
not true

Boston, MA

#2311 Aug 28, 2012
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>Then it must REALLY hurt to have this blonde outsmart you, and smack the living fu@k out of you with truth and facts:)
<quoted text>You were reiterating FALSE lies, and anti propaganda towards an entire religion that is based on LIES!
Does that ring a bell to you?
That's exactly what Hitler and Germany did to the Jews.
...and you posted it here, as though you believed it!
Thats' why it is dangerous, and why I feel obligated to set you straight regarding the truth.
<quoted text>Yes, radicals....Christianity have radicals, Jews have radicals, Muslims have radicals...no ONE religion can escape it!
Heck, even the Amish have radicals!
MOSTLY, the radicals usually follow the book of "Jihad"...which is their OWN writing and interpretation of the Quran! They do not follow the actual Quran.
<quoted text>..because you know you can refute or dispute what I wrote.
It's called presenting FACTS, and being able to back them up with PROOF!
It's more than just "words"..it's proof!
<quoted text>
Not really....I am not as much for Muslims, as I am the TRUTH!
...and when I see people spreading hate filled lies, it angers me, and I feel obligated to provide the TRUTH!
What if someone less educated read what you wrote, believed you, and then attacked a Muslim out of fear? IT HAS HAPPENED!
That blood would be on you, and YOUR LIE!
Heck...you got all the "good" judge symbols on that very post!! Yet nothing of what you wrote was factual!!
See my point and the irony?
NOTHING!
Listen snowy. You only wish you could outsmart me. What a silly comment. Why is it then that you choose to bash only Christians and Mormons? What point is talking about "magic underwear"? If you lived in Nevada, would you vote for Harry Reid? Of course you would. You wouldn't be bringing up his "magic underwear" though would ya. If you can't talk about Romney's policies, I guess you have to turn to making fun of his religion. All your ranting posts do is point out what a hypocrite you are.
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#2312 Aug 28, 2012
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>
People who blame Obama for the price of gas, is the FIRST SIGN that they do NOT understand politics!
...and are out of their league in a political debate!
FIRST, not Obama, nor Bush, nor Clinton, nor Reagan nor ANY PRESIDENT EVER have anything to do with the price of gas, or controlling the price of gas!!!
That is the PRIVATE GAS COMPANIES doing, and even if the president BEGGED to lower the price, he has ZERO CONTROL!
Secondly, what the president DOES have control over is OIL PRODUCTION!
...and in case ya didn't know, OIL PRODUCTION is at an 8 year HIGH!!!!
SO...who are you mad at and why?
So nice for White Members of the House,To
have the CBC,attacking its own??? Makes
for such Harmony etc??? Keeping race out
of the Race??? What utter Bull Sh*t!!

Members of the Congressional Black Caucus are accusing former Rep. Artur Davis of “transparent opportunism” ahead of his speech to the Republican National Convention, scheduled for this evening.

Coming four years after the African-American and former Democrat served as a co-chairman of President Barack Obama’s campaign, Davis’ conversion to the GOP has clearly stung his former colleagues, who sounded off in an open letter released to the media this morning. In 2008, Davis seconded Obama’s nomination at the Democratic National Convention in Denver.

The letter, signed by 14 CBC members, accuses Davis of distorting Obama’s record and flip-flopping on “core principles you once held dear.”

“Flip Flopping My Way”

Since: Feb 12

To The Top!

#2313 Aug 28, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^Anti-Mormon bigotry is based on stupidity and hatred. We're not that kind of nation, after all, we elected Obama in 2008. Of course, back then Obama told us the male/female aspect of nature is part of its spiritual nature, he ran on marriage as one man and one woman in 2008. Obama is the flip flopper on the marriage issue while Romney has always held marriage as one man and one woman.
Absolutely, my friend. We are 100% Christians. Just because we believe that Satan and Jesus are brothers, doesn't mean a thing.

Believing that Jesus and Satan are brothers: helping me FLIP FLOP MY WAY TO THE TOP IN 2012!!!

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Sunbury, OH

#2314 Aug 28, 2012
not true wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen snowy. You only wish you could outsmart me. What a silly comment. Why is it then that you choose to bash only Christians and Mormons? What point is talking about "magic underwear"? If you lived in Nevada, would you vote for Harry Reid? Of course you would. You wouldn't be bringing up his "magic underwear" though would ya. If you can't talk about Romney's policies, I guess you have to turn to making fun of his religion. All your ranting posts do is point out what a hypocrite you are.
1. ANYONE who can read, and is not intellectually dishonest can SEE that I outsmarted you.....and I KNOW you see it too:)
That's why you can not refute or dispute anything I said!
I have the TRUTH, and facts on my side.

2. How did I bash Christians and Mormons? Can you be SPECIFIC?
I will show what their OWN BOOKS say...and if that is a "bash"...then that is on THEM< not me:)
I didn't write the King James Bible, or ANY of the Christian bibles.

3. I honestly did not KNOW Mormons didn't like the "temple garments" being called "magic underwear". I copied and pasted the definition which said "Temple Garments: Magic Underwear" directly off a Mormon website!
Those were not even my words...it was COPIED from their website:)
But if they do not like it, I have no problem with calling them "garments" or whatever...it really means NOTHING to me.

4. I don't know if I would vote for Reid, because I don't live in Nevada, and I don't know enough about him.
How would you know who I would vote for?
You need to bring your undeserved ego down a few notches!
YES, I would 100% want to know if he believes in that!
ABSOLUTELY!

5. I have talked about Romney's policies...many times!!
You repubs keep dodging it!
Why is that?

6. AGAIN, I did NOT make fun of his religion, and anyone whom can READ will see you come off ignorant with that statement.
...and desperate!

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Sunbury, OH

#2315 Aug 28, 2012
not true wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't talk about Romney's policies, I guess you have to turn to making fun of his religion.
ARE YOU BLIND, or just a hypocrite?

I have tried MULTIPLE TIMES to talk about Romney's policies!

YET, you guys keep DODGING IT, and continue to focus only on me saying the mere words "Magic underwear"....then you have the balls to act as though I am the one avoiding Romney policies??
WOW!!

*In case ya missed it, here is just ONE of my attempts that was ignored:

Post #2300
Snow Bunny wrote:
YES!
Lets talk about ROMNEY!
As governor, Romney increased taxes and fees by as much as $750 million per year.

During his first year in office, Governor Romney proposed higher fees for hospitals, nursing homes, motor vehicles, buying a house, the blind, disabled people, and getting married, and that first year Massachusetts increased fees more than any other state in the nation.

Governor Romney raised a gas tax in Massachusetts by 400%.

Romney left behind a $1 billion budget deficit for the next governor and saddled Massachusetts taxpayers with more debt per person than any other state.

Long-term debt increased by 16% in just four years, leaving Massachusetts with the highest debt per person in the nation.
Over $2.6 billion in debt was added while Romney was governor:
2003:$694 million
2004:$653 million
2005:$1.028 billion
2006:$257 million

Governor Romney promised to set strict limits on debt, but he broke that promise. And every year he was in office the state’s debt liability increased.

YES. lets discuss this!"

Did ya dodge that, or just miss it?

By all means...refute or dispute it??"

Anyone?

Saint Louis, MO

#2316 Aug 28, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
The Communist Party USA played a significant role in defending the rights of African-Americans during its heyday in the 1930s and 1940s. Earlier however, at the direction of the Comintern in 1928, the party advocated for many years a separate 'Negro Republic', to be founded in the heavily black populated areas of the Southern part of the United States. Based on Stalin's nationalities policy in the Soviet Union, blacks throughout the US were to be declared citizens of this new Republic, then shipped off to it.[citation needed] Throughout its history many of the Party's leaders and political thinkers have been African Americans. James Ford, Charlene Mitchell, Angela Davis, and Jarvis Tyner, the current executive vice chair of the Party, all ran as presidential or vice presidential candidates on the Party ticket. Others like Benjamin J. Davis, William L. Patterson, Harry Haywood, James Jackson, Henry Winston, Claude Lightfoot, Alphaeus Hunton, Doxey Wilkerson, Claudia Jones, and John Pittman contributed in important ways to the Party's approaches to major issues from human and civil rights, peace, women's equality, the national question, working class unity, Marxist thought, cultural struggle and more. Their contributions have had a lasting impact on not only the Party but the general public as well. Noted African American thinkers, artists, and writers such as Claude McKay, Richard Wright, Ann Petry, W. E. B. Du Bois, Shirley Graham Du Bois, Lloyd Brown, Charles White, Elizabeth Catlett, Paul Robeson, Frank Marshall Davis, Gwendolyn Brooks, and many more were one-time members or supporters of the Party, and the Communists also had a close alliance with Harlem Congressman Adam Clayton Powell, Jr.[75] The party's work to appeal to African-Americans continues to this day. It was instrumental in the founding of the Black Radical Congress in 1998.
Wikipedia (Obamas,Mentor,gets a nice Mention??)
http://fudaa.blogspot.com/2007/03/maxism-leni...
not true

Boston, MA

#2317 Aug 28, 2012
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>
1. ANYONE who can read, and is not intellectually dishonest can SEE that I outsmarted you.....and I KNOW you see it too:)
That's why you can not refute or dispute anything I said!
I have the TRUTH, and facts on my side.
2. How did I bash Christians and Mormons? Can you be SPECIFIC?
I will show what their OWN BOOKS say...and if that is a "bash"...then that is on THEM< not me:)
I didn't write the King James Bible, or ANY of the Christian bibles.
3. I honestly did not KNOW Mormons didn't like the "temple garments" being called "magic underwear". I copied and pasted the definition which said "Temple Garments: Magic Underwear" directly off a Mormon website!
Those were not even my words...it was COPIED from their website:)
But if they do not like it, I have no problem with calling them "garments" or whatever...it really means NOTHING to me.
4. I don't know if I would vote for Reid, because I don't live in Nevada, and I don't know enough about him.
How would you know who I would vote for?
You need to bring your undeserved ego down a few notches!
YES, I would 100% want to know if he believes in that!
ABSOLUTELY!
5. I have talked about Romney's policies...many times!!
You repubs keep dodging it!
Why is that?
6. AGAIN, I did NOT make fun of his religion, and anyone whom can READ will see you come off ignorant with that statement.
...and desperate!
Oh hon you are too much! You really do make me LOL. You have way way too much time on your hands. Just shut up about the Mormon religion. It's irrelevant to the election. You better lay off the bleach..it's seeping into your brain.

Saint Louis, MO

#2318 Aug 28, 2012
not true wrote:
<quoted text>
You truly are a dumb blond. I was not disparaging the muslim religion. I was pointing out what SOME of them believe and use the Quran to justify it. See how few words that took me to clarify? Boy you were awfully quick to defend Muslims though but couldn't wait to bash Christians. Typical.
Any time you talk about "72 virgins" you are telling an outright lie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massachusetts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thinking about relocating 18 hr cil 2
News New North Berkshire School Union Has Three Fina... Fri Uck u albi 9
News Trump knocks Romney strategist (Oct '15) May 21 A la Bama 4
News Top trooper's No. 2 quits as scrubbed arrest re... (Nov '17) May 19 Sebastion 2
News Romney: Jeffress wrong man to give Jerusalem em... May 18 WelbyMD 47
News Time for term limits (Jun '09) May 17 Norbert of Norview 51
News Robert Jeffress is 'religious bigot,' wrong for... May 15 whiney beech 15