Gov Patrick Calls for Income Tax Hike, Sales Tax Cut
Governor Deval Patrick called for a 1-percent increase to the state's income tax to 6.25 percent and a cut in the state sales tax from 6.25 percent to 4.5 percent in his State of the Commonwealth address Wednesday night in order to finance the transportation and education investment plans he rolled out earlier this week.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Go Local.
#1 Jan 17, 2013
Let's be clear here:
"Governor Deval Patrick called for a 1-percent increase to the state's income tax to 6.25 percent."
That's a 19.05% increase, not a 1% increase.
#2 Jan 19, 2013
1, Increase state income tax 19% fronm 5.25% to 6.25%.
2. Index the gasoline tax to inflation. It's currently $0.21/gal.
3. Increase public transportation fares, including tolls, by 5% every two years.
4. Increase RMV fees by 10% every 5 years.
5. Eliminate 45 personal tax exemptions, including the deduction for Social Security and railroad retirement contributions and the tuition tax deduction.
6. Reduce the sales tax from 6.25% to 4.5%.
Add your comments below
|Real Father Son Incest||Aug 29||Dad n Son Gay||2|
|Turkish Airlines to launch Boston-Istanbul flig... (Jul '13)||Aug 28||namesiz||27|
|Rep. McGovern, on a tour in Northbridge, touts ...||Aug 27||Empty Suits||1|
|In 2006 Video, Romney Calls Health Care Mandate... (Jun '12)||Aug 25||swedenforever||58|
|Men Are Scum||Aug 21||Julie-Ann Scott||1|
|on cam naked||Aug 21||kimmy335||1|
|Join Carly for New England||Aug 20||carlyfornewengland||1|
Find what you want!
Search Massachusetts Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC