Gov Patrick Calls for Income Tax Hike, Sales Tax Cut
Governor Deval Patrick called for a 1-percent increase to the state's income tax to 6.25 percent and a cut in the state sales tax from 6.25 percent to 4.5 percent in his State of the Commonwealth address Wednesday night in order to finance the transportation and education investment plans he rolled out earlier this week.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Go Local.
#1 Jan 17, 2013
Let's be clear here:
"Governor Deval Patrick called for a 1-percent increase to the state's income tax to 6.25 percent."
That's a 19.05% increase, not a 1% increase.
#2 Jan 19, 2013
1, Increase state income tax 19% fronm 5.25% to 6.25%.
2. Index the gasoline tax to inflation. It's currently $0.21/gal.
3. Increase public transportation fares, including tolls, by 5% every two years.
4. Increase RMV fees by 10% every 5 years.
5. Eliminate 45 personal tax exemptions, including the deduction for Social Security and railroad retirement contributions and the tuition tax deduction.
6. Reduce the sales tax from 6.25% to 4.5%.
Add your comments below
|Trackers MC Boston? (Apr '13)||10 hr||LUSCIOUS||36|
|Who's got your vote in the Massachusetts Attorn... (Oct '14)||17 hr||Not a criminal||4|
|Real Father Son Incest (Aug '15)||Wed||nickz_2016||20|
|Berkshire Democrats Farley-Bouvier, Mark headin...||Jul 24||cops are degenerates||1|
|Mitt Romney vacations with family during GOP co...||Jul 24||Patrick Aei||2|
|Mitt Romney's stance on gay rights and healthca... (Aug '12)||Jul 19||Topeka Boycott||6|
|Trump says GOP convention speaker list 'totally...||Jul 3||WasteWater||13|
Find what you want!
Search Massachusetts Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC