Paul Ryan promises hate group that he'll fight equality

There are 20 comments on the Oct 9, 2012, www.wisconsingazette.com story titled Paul Ryan promises hate group that he'll fight equality. In it, www.wisconsingazette.com reports that:

In a recent interview with Focus on the Family president Jim Daly, Paul Ryan reassured the anti-gay hate group that a Romney-Ryan administration will fiercely oppose gay rights.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.wisconsingazette.com.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#3813 Nov 15, 2012
OH NO You Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
Sanctity of marriage is a religious concept, but can and does apply to civil marriages if they honor their marriage.
"Traditionally, marriage vows read (paraphrased, as couples are usually free to cite their own vows) "Let this man and this woman be united before God and let no man put asunder"; i.e. they put the sanctity of their union in the hands of a higher power, and let no earthly being destroy that union. Therefore, marriage is not something to be entered into lightly. Further, once you are married, you should treat it as sacred, and spend time making it work.
Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_US_lega... ;
Thus, "civil partnerships" could have sanctity if they honored their vows and using the term "civil partnership" does not offend other Christians.
Why are Christians such selfish sacks of crap?

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#3814 Nov 15, 2012
OH NO You Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine, go about it your way and have less & less people support you! You have a right to be stubborn and it looks like you are using it. Your way does not help a gay marriage agenda and like I said it offends people that might otherwise support it if it was a "civil partnership".
Actually, gay people are getting more and more support. How many stated voted in gay MARRIAGE last election? Were I in their position, I wouldn't settle for "civil partnerships".
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#3815 Nov 15, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You were probably born and raised in the south, for you have that mindset and instilled idiocy.
Wrong again. I'm loving it!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#3816 Nov 15, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
An obvious metastasis.
But with the right help, she can improve.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#3817 Nov 15, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
An obvious metastasis.
hahahahahaha

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#3818 Nov 15, 2012
Polls show that just over half of the population supports SSM, and it increases every year. This past election included 4 SSM initiatives and they all passed in our favor. Sorry, but marriage is going to be the standard, not some trumped-up alternative.
OH NO You Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine, go about it your way and have less & less people support you! You have a right to be stubborn and it looks like you are using it. Your way does not help a gay marriage agenda and like I said it offends people that might otherwise support it if it was a "civil partnership".

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#3819 Nov 15, 2012
MSM does not mean just gay men. One of the primary vectors for HIV transmission is prison sex, mostly rape, performed by straight men. Another is sharing needles, often with straight junkies who will "go gay" for money.

Since HIV has nothing to do with marriage--do you have a point?
Cool Hand Luke wrote:
It doesn't say Christians get a free pass! True Christians don't need a free pass! Neither do Homosexuals!
Now lets talk about who it is that has lead the attacks on Christians, Homosexuals/queers. As if Christianity was their problem
CDC: Homosexual men account for 61% of new HIV infections but only 2% of population
Thu Aug 18, 2011 19:22 EST
Comments (33)
WASHINGTON, D.C., August 18, 2011 - The U.S. Centers for Disease Control has estimated that practicing homosexual men account for 61% of the new HIV infections in the United States while they only amount to about 2% of the country’s population.
Earlier this month, the CDC released estimates for HIV infections from 2006-2009 showing that new infections remained stable at around 50,000 for each of the four years.
Homosexual men (men who have sex with men) accounted for 29,300 of the estimated 48,100 new infections in 2009, and homosexual men aged 13 to 29 accounted for 27% of the new cases.
The only group in which new HIV infections is increasing, they say, is young homosexual men – driven by an alarming increase in infections from African Americans. They estimated that the new infections among young black homosexual men increased 48 percent in the period of 2006-2009 (from 4,400 HIV infections in 2006 to 6,500 infections in 2009).
The study also revealed that almost 20% of homosexual men have HIV, while nearly half of those who do are unaware of it.
www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/docs/FastFacts-M...
California Homosexual Organization Admits HIV/AIDS is “Gay Disease”
>
LOS ANGELES, California, The Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center has abandoned a long-held homosexual activist contention by declaring on billboards posted throughout Southern California that HIV/AIDS is a “gay disease.”
According to a report by the Los Angeles Times, the Center is trying to address rapidly increasing HIV infection rates among the homosexual population by rallying the gay community to increasing vigilance against exposure to the disease. Activists for the homosexual lifestyle have, until this current development, strongly, and sometimes vehemently refused to admit that the disease is predominantly generated among homosexual men.
The ad campaign, which is also running in magazines, is in part a response to the findings of public health officials, who have noted that three out of four cases of HIV infections are found in men who engage in homosexual activity, the United Press International reported.
US health officials reported an alarming eight percent increase in HIV infection rates in one year alone among homosexual and bisexual men. The Center for Disease Control also warned that a survey of 15-29 year old men who engaged in homosexual activity “reported that the proportion of unrecognized HIV infection was as high as 77 %.”
A report by the Public Health Agency, revealed a sharp increase in HIV/AIDS infections, with 61 percent of infections found in men engaging in homosexual activity.
<quoted text>

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#3820 Nov 15, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. I'm loving it!
Then to use snyper's word:
Metastasis.
OH NO You Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#3821 Nov 15, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I always called it the unions want more of your money.
Should our employees have better pensions than their employers?
Why are union negotiations usually done in closed door sessions? The public should be allowed to participate, they pay for it.
That is because the state unions do not want the general public how ridiculous their demands are. Out here in California, their demands are so bad that it draining the state to pay pensions on jacked up last years pay level. Translation,they make sure their pension is blown way out of proportion in their last years so they can bleed the system dry. All the democrats know that because it is the unions that pay to get them in. If you want to know who blows the most money on elections, then check out the unions. Like this year they spent $77 million on their anti-prop. 32 agenda.
OH NO You Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#3822 Nov 15, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Take that up with your City Council ... and the real power behind the throne, the City Manager.
Yeah, in some cities in LA they get way over paid like Maywood.
OH NO You Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#3823 Nov 15, 2012
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Pray tell, in what way is marriage treated differently from one state to the next?
In the same states that treat civil partnerships different, then they will treat gay marriage. Why do you hate so much when gay marriage would be the same as civil partnership? Why are you so insistent on denigrating other people that are not like you?
OH NO You Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#3824 Nov 15, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no "sanctity to civil marriage", the government should stay out of the "sanctity" business. And the fact you believe gay marriage would harm the "sanctity to civil marriage" shows you are a homophobe.
<quoted text>
Rose's Law:
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"
BTW, do you folks just insert Obama's name in at random? The abortion issue was settled back in 1973 with Rove v Wade. Obama was about 10 then. And tell us exactly how Obama is taking control away from parents.
So you like no sanctity in marriage and dead people? I rather treat all people with honor and which appears you do not. Do you hate so much because you were not protected as a child? I mean you keep posting "Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?" like it is your mantra what you believe for yourself? Why do you believe that you are a moron? Hum?
OH NO You Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#3825 Nov 16, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really!? You actually think there would be no problem with putting "Whites only" by a drinking fountain?
Do you ever read? Here's what was posted.

"OH NO You Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I guessed you fooled all these happy Englishmen as they have the same rights and it is not discriminatory to them. BTW, your example is completely wrong as the fountains were not the same as often the fountains were lesser quality than the Whites only fountains. If they were exactly the same except for a name difference, then there would be no problem. Nice try, but no cigar for your efforts. Please try and use good examples."

http://thedartmouth.com/2004/05/19/news/despi...

Despite efforts, self-segregation persists at College

Woon: Race-based ‘congregating’ has positive and negative effects on students’ lives at Dartmouth

In the five decades since the Supreme Court's Brown v. Board of Education decision made racial segregation in public schools illegal, Dartmouth has followed other private colleges and universities in striving to increase its minority populations and downplay its image as an elitist, white institution.

To the frustration of many, however, self-segregation, in many ways a more difficult issue than legal segregation, has persisted on campuses across the nation.Like most U.S. universities, Dartmouth struggles with issues of racial, religious and social-class integration. Self-segregation, the tendency for groups to congregate and stick to each other, excluding others, is a sensitive but prevalent issue at the College.

Self-segregation is a difficult term to define precisely. "In a multi-racial,'mosaic' community such as Dartmouth, people tend to congregate with others whom they perceive they have something in common with," said Tommy Lee Woon, associate dean at the Office of Pluralism and Leadership.

This phenomenon of self-segregation takes place for two reasons, according to Woon. One reason is 'positive'-- shared identity, support and safety. The other is 'negative'-- people who feel self-conscious about being different gravitate towards those they think they have something in common with them.

This winter, The Dartmouth Free Press' Karsten Barde '04 provoked a campus discussion when he wrote a controversial article on minority students staying away from the Dartmouth Outing Club's Polar Bear Swim and other stereotypically "white" activities.

"White students rarely note a lack of non-white faces in their activities on campus, but many students of color feel these divisions every minute of every day," he wrote.

The Dartmouth interviewed a wide range of students about their experiences with self-segregation on campus.

Students agreed that while faith-based and class-based self-segregation exists at Dartmouth, racial self-segregation is the most visible, and most students said it was an issue that they thought about "occasionally" to "frequently."

So you see that the students are preferring to be separate, but equal. So my example stands as non-discriminatory whereas you appear to have tons of discrimination and hate.
OH NO You Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#3826 Nov 16, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are Christians such selfish sacks of crap?
I would be asking the same of you as many of the liberal posts seem to be me-oriented and extremely hateful.
OH NO You Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#3827 Nov 16, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, gay people are getting more and more support. How many stated voted in gay MARRIAGE last election? Were I in their position, I wouldn't settle for "civil partnerships".
From Hollywood and LA, but not from most of the rest of the country. Only bastions of liberalism support gay marriage like the gay activists want it.

Only 3 democrat or blue states vote for it and it was defeated in another state.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08/elec...

"Though same-gender marriage has already been legal in six states and the District of Columbia through legislation or court rulings, voters have repeatedly rejected same-sex marriage at the ballot box.

Voting on Tuesday (Nov. 6) brings the total number of states that allow gay marriage to nine, in addition to the three states that recognize marriages between two men or two women performed outside state lines."

Looks like it is losing big time at about 18% even with the new states added in to prop it up. So I think they would be more conciliatory to the rest of the public and their desires to allow for civil partnerships as part of the vernacular.
OH NO You Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#3828 Nov 16, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Polls show that just over half of the population supports SSM, and it increases every year. This past election included 4 SSM initiatives and they all passed in our favor. Sorry, but marriage is going to be the standard, not some trumped-up alternative.
<quoted text>
Sweetheart, Huffpo said it was 3, not 4.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#3829 Nov 16, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Polls show that just over half of the population supports SSM, and it increases every year.
<quoted text>
Those polls were taken in gay bars. They didn't ask if people think two guys or two women having sex together was normal. They asked about equal rights. I maintain that you have equal rights. The same rules apply to everyone. Stop trying to brainwash other people's kids and I wouldn't care what you did.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#3830 Nov 16, 2012
OH NO You Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be asking the same of you as many of the liberal posts seem to be me-oriented and extremely hateful.
On any opinion forum, people usually post about things that affect themselves, and those the care about.

How is that 'Liberal"?

And you REALLY don't see the hateful anti-gay posts?

Selective amnesia, I suspect.

Location hidden

#3831 Nov 16, 2012
OH NO You Did not wrote:
<quoted text> So you like no sanctity in marriage and dead people? I rather treat all people with honor and which appears you do not. Do you hate so much because you were not protected as a child? I mean you keep posting "Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?" like it is your mantra what you believe for yourself? Why do you believe that you are a moron? Hum?
You seem to be missing the point.

One of the biggest red herrings used by people who fear and dislike gay folks is that we are someone harmful to children. That even the knowledge that gay folks exist will damage children in some strange and mysterious way.

And of course, it's not true.

You can't tell us you haven't seen that again and again on these forums? And that, living in CA, you didn't see it over and over on TV during the Prop 8 struggle?

Location hidden

#3832 Nov 16, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Those polls were taken in gay bars........
Lol. Denial is not just a river in Egypt ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massachusetts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton: Elizabeth Warren is holding my... 1 hr Responsibility 120
News Breathalyzer reliability in question, Massachus... 10 hr Praxis33 8
News Even in 1969, Hillary Clinton had bold ideas - ... Sun Go Blue Forever 1
why do people lie about having life insurance? Apr 25 dianax2012 1
News Gay marriage pioneer, free from skeptics, prepa... Apr 24 Hasaun Lee 1
News ARRAY(0x109e5c38) Apr 19 berserkshires dar... 1
News Romney Absorbs Boos, Tells NAACP That Democrats... (Jul '12) Apr 17 RayOne 2,348
More from around the web