In Puerto Rico, Romney repeats Sotomayor criticism

Mar 16, 2012 Full story: Deseret News 262

Republican presidential candidate, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, center, hugs his wife Ann as he arrives to the airport in San Juan, Puerto Rico, Friday March 16, 2012.

Full Story

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#225 Mar 22, 2012
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't see the etch a sketch comment as that big a deal. It's true that once the general election starts candidates start shifting their positions some.
As an example, Romney is considered quite hard on illegal immigration but my hunch is he'll moderate his view if he is the nominee. There are many Hispanics in the Republican Party and they are pushing for a degree of legalization. I am sure Romney will say he's willing to listen.
None of the Romney gaffes have been that bad.
None of Romney's gaffes have been that bad? Surely you jest. Ok, they're not going to sink him, but you can bet your sweet bippy, they're not going to be forgotten. I have a link from Barbara Bush stating this was the worst GOP election she ever remembered..... We'll see if Santorum stops his clown act and finally steps aside (as his 15 minutes wind down, thank God) and let's get this party started! I am HYPED!

:)

Location hidden

#226 Mar 22, 2012
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democrats fought Bush tooth and nail on just about everything. They didn't lay down because Bush won.
As for economics, I can see it's not your strong point...by miles.
Piff, I never said economics was a strong point with me. No need for to rub it in. I am willing to admit when I don't know something about a subject. It's boring to creative people, such as my self. Speaking of creative, did you ever look into that book and author I was telling you about?

Location hidden

#227 Mar 22, 2012
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are stuck in the 60's. I thought so.
They were one of the better pop groups from the era.
No, not really,more 70s (Disco era) but I love the music from the 60s and always loved the 5th Dimensions. Especially there song, "Will You Marry Me Bill." Had a bf named Billy and thought he was the one, lol. I came busting out in 1969. The best year of my entire life. They've even written songs about that year. A lot of things happened. Good things and good times.

Location hidden

#228 Mar 22, 2012
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
Sarah was one of the most under rated song stylist ever. She was always over shadowed by Dinah Washington, yet I thought Vaughan had more technique and ability.
Sinatra and Vaughan grew up not far from each other. Must have been something in the water.
I think I heard about the zoomin' early on.
Oh now you don't remember about the "zoomin?" You should, you won that bet, lol. I am not too familiar with Vaugh or Dinah. My step-father listened to their music and he also was crazy about Jazz. Believe it or not, growing up, I like classical music. I played the organ and piano and sang with the defunct, Philadelphia Girl's Choir. They were trying to start one up and compliment the Boy's Choir. Went to all the rehearsals and was planning to tour with them through Europe when my mother decided to move to NJ. Anyway, the Choir didn't catch on.

My father adores anything by Nina Simone and because of his interest, I started listening to her Music. Her voice was amazing and her delivery impeccable. There is one song, I think it's by Dinah Washington called "Guess Who I Saw Today" that I liked a lot.

Location hidden

#229 Mar 22, 2012
Well, I am heading out. Work tomorrow. Nice chatting and not fighting for once, lol.

Enjoy the rest of your evening and sleep well..

see the Light

El Paso, TX

#230 Mar 22, 2012
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, the sun seemed to always be shinning back then and things were hopeful. However most were young with more years before them than behind, lol. I still like it for it's hopefulness, but that's just me.
That's who votes For Obomie, the young and stupid.

Location hidden

#231 Mar 23, 2012
see the Light wrote:
<quoted text>That's who votes For Obomie, the young and stupid.
Maybe. It would seem that the old, ignorant, racist and biased vote Republican, right?

Why don't you drink a glass of prune juice. You'll feel 100% better.

Location hidden

#232 Mar 23, 2012
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama lied, some what? Now's he taking credit for the Keystone pipeline today... I'll say one thing for ole Barack, he has one HUGE set of balls. Soon Barack will be saying Al Gore didn't invent the internet, he did.
That was like some Democrats I knew when the Katrina blow up occurred. Bush, Bush, Bush... that's all I heard. Then when it came out how the Democrats screwed things up, they started saying, Well, there's enough blame to go around.

Hahaha
Please explain how the Democrats screwed up in a Republican administration? The man Bush selected to head FEMA, had no experience and was an idiot. He was more interested in how his hair and appearance looked for a photo op than he was about the catastrophe that awaited him. Barbara Bush's insenstive comment about "people being better off" after Katrina, living in FEMA Trailers was priceless.

How do you fit Democrats into this fiasco? If you're referring to the mayor, he made mistakes but who could have prepared for that? Furthermore, you can laugh if you want but I think they tested HAARP there.

Location hidden

#233 Mar 23, 2012
Haters are funny! LOL. Ouch, that hurt, NOT!!!!

Location hidden

#234 Mar 23, 2012
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney should use this song in regards to Obama:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ZKvhxapM5zoXX
America will not do well with 4 more years of a race pandering, welfare pimping distortion machine.
We need a real President, not some guy pretending to be one.
Hmm, looks like those on the left are correct in their assumptions of those on the right:

http://now.msn.com/now/0322-romney-vs-birther...

Now tell me which party, in a tight race, with just one viable candidate, would start canablizing them? You conservatives need to get your party together and get rid of the right-wing loons, so-called Christians and crackpot Tea Party, Birthers. They're stark raving mad and making Republicans look like idiots. This is what you get when you appeal to the "simple-minded"

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

#235 Mar 23, 2012
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>None of Romney's gaffes have been that bad? Surely you jest. Ok, they're not going to sink him, but you can bet your sweet bippy, they're not going to be forgotten. I have a link from Barbara Bush stating this was the worst GOP election she ever remembered..... We'll see if Santorum stops his clown act and finally steps aside (as his 15 minutes wind down, thank God) and let's get this party started! I am HYPED!
There is no gaffe as great as Obama telling us we have it too good.
He said this during the 2008 primary speech stop in Ohio. I had seen it live and still consider it one of the most remarkable things I have ever heard from a presidential candidate.
Why on earth the RNC doesn't use that tape is beyond me.
Hannity did use the audio portion in opening his show at that time.

Allentown, PA

#236 Mar 23, 2012
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Please explain how the Democrats screwed up in a Republican administration? The man Bush selected to head FEMA, had no experience and was an idiot. He was more interested in how his hair and appearance looked for a photo op than he was about the catastrophe that awaited him. Barbara Bush's insenstive comment about "people being better off" after Katrina, living in FEMA Trailers was priceless.
How do you fit Democrats into this fiasco? If you're referring to the mayor, he made mistakes but who could have prepared for that? Furthermore, you can laugh if you want but I think they tested HAARP there.
I am not going to explain Katrina all over again. The most important people immediately after a disaster is the Mayor and Governor as they know the local ground best. Neither had a handle on the situation from the get go and they had a few days warning. They knew what was coming. Hell, they had years to prepare.

Allentown, PA

#237 Mar 23, 2012
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm, looks like those on the left are correct in their assumptions of those on the right:
http://now.msn.com/now/0322-romney-vs-birther...
Now tell me which party, in a tight race, with just one viable candidate, would start canablizing them? You conservatives need to get your party together and get rid of the right-wing loons, so-called Christians and crackpot Tea Party, Birthers. They're stark raving mad and making Republicans look like idiots. This is what you get when you appeal to the "simple-minded"
Too funny.
The Tea Party people are fine, you should be more worried about the black bigots in the Democrat Party that tried to smear them. I keep telling you, those people have a very serious problem dealing with diversity.

Location hidden

#238 Mar 23, 2012
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny.
The Tea Party people are fine, you should be more worried about the black bigots in the Democrat Party that tried to smear them. I keep telling you, those people have a very serious problem dealing with diversity.
Boy, oh, boy do I have my work cut out dealing with you. I'll have you know that the "whites" are the ones making fun of the Tea Party and the right-wing Christians. We Blacks know the deal and sit back and quietly chuckle at the goings on. We're used to the flip-flopping, changing the rules mid-stream in the game and the hypocrisy. Your party is really showing their behinds for the world to see.
I may be wrong, but besides being a Mormon, Mitty has some of that Mexican blood running through his veins (as such, he's not what one might consider a wasp?) I am not going to touch the he's white with you game, cause I know how you roll. Maybe it's just too much putting a brown man in the white house vs a black man? Where is all this stuff coming from that he was born in Mexico and therefore might not be an American citizen? Although, I ain't complaining, lol. They took my baby, Obama, through the ringer on that one, so what's good for the goose is good for the gander. I don't know how you got Black Bigots out of this. Aren't the birthers and Tea Party Memembers mostly Republican and White? What do Black Democrats have to do with it?(now you know this Black Democrat (me) is not a bigot) so stop frontin. I know it's embarrassing. Also, did you read what the leader of the right-wing fringe group had to say today about the football player Manning? He said it would serve the team that treated Ter Bow shabbily if Manning were injured. smh...Are these people losing their natural minds or just plain crazy, stupid or both?
You know I thoroughly enjoy messing with you, LOL!

Location hidden

#239 Mar 23, 2012
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Hate to rain on your Mitt parade but he has some splanin to do, lol. Some of the comments he's made, plus an etch-a-sketch gaffe, aren't going over well. Neither is Jeb Bush's weak endorsement, nor Mama Bush's comments about the natiest GOP race in recent memory.
http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nightly-news/46814...
Stay tuned, lol.
Guess what, my love, would you believe that Rick Santorum endorsed Obama yesterday? lol. Seems he thinks Obama would be better as president than Romney. It keeps getting worse and worse and you can't make this stuff up and you can't blame the Democrats.
lol
Your thoughts, honeybun....

Allentown, PA

#240 Mar 23, 2012
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Boy, oh, boy do I have my work cut out dealing with you. I'll have you know that the "whites" are the ones making fun of the Tea Party and the right-wing Christians. We Blacks know the deal and sit back and quietly chuckle at the goings on. We're used to the flip-flopping, changing the rules mid-stream in the game and the hypocrisy. Your party is really showing their behinds for the world to see.
I may be wrong, but besides being a Mormon, Mitty has some of that Mexican blood running through his veins (as such, he's not what one might consider a wasp?) I am not going to touch the he's white with you game, cause I know how you roll. Maybe it's just too much putting a brown man in the white house vs a black man? Where is all this stuff coming from that he was born in Mexico and therefore might not be an American citizen? Although, I ain't complaining, lol. They took my baby, Obama, through the ringer on that one, so what's good for the goose is good for the gander. I don't know how you got Black Bigots out of this. Aren't the birthers and Tea Party Memembers mostly Republican and White? What do Black Democrats have to do with it?(now you know this Black Democrat (me) is not a bigot) so stop frontin. I know it's embarrassing. Also, did you read what the leader of the right-wing fringe group had to say today about the football player Manning? He said it would serve the team that treated Ter Bow shabbily if Manning were injured. smh...Are these people losing their natural minds or just plain crazy, stupid or both?
You know I thoroughly enjoy messing with you, LOL!
I have no problem with Romney outside of the fact he goes too easy on Obama. Considering Romney has gathered millions of votes by white Republicans, maybe race just isn't an issue.
Blacks tried to cash in on the Tea Party as racists as a way of hiding their anti-white bigotry. I have been around and heard too many blacks talk, I am well aware they can be bigots. Sorry cup cake, I have been around.
One of the most outstanding examples was a radio commerical sponsored by the Missouri NAACP saying if George Bush got elected black churches would burn. I can go on...
This also ignores the Tea Party supported several minority candidates.
Here's a good example of safe bigotry from your favorite channel:
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV...

Location hidden

#241 Mar 23, 2012
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so fast, sweetpea. This is not an issue brought to the forefront by blacks. This is an issue brought about by the Tea Party against one of their own. Blacks have no dog in this fight other than the fact that I am Black and brought this subject up to you for discussion. So let's cut to the chase on the Blacks have anything to do with this current "internal" Republican problem. For someone who claims to have been around Blacks, you see to really learned little from the exposure. Perhaps it was comparing your personal experiences against theirs and coming to some of the conclusions you've reached. What I mean by this is your decisions or beliefs are from a white perspective and of course, the two will never be reconciled in this lifetime.

Now, this isn't an issue I've dealt with on this forum simply because some of the whites are so racist, most of the time blacks are on the defensive as are Democrats or Liberals. We're so bombarded with ignorance that true discussions have been difficult, if not impossible. Of course there are what you would all call Black Racists or separatist and they feel they're justified, based on this county's history and oppression of Blacks not to trust nor like whites. I am not in agreement as I take each individual as they present themselves to me and treat them as I'd like to be treated until they show me otherwise and that includes any race, including Blacks. I was raised that way eventhough my mother and father were born in the segregrated south and have horror stories to tell. My mother remembers kind whites also who helped so her views were softer than my fathers who doesn't dislike whites but doesn't trust them and doesn't associate with them. He keeps to himself and his kind and has never ventured from that. He's 85 years old and my aunt is 95 so they're not likely to change their views. Whites are an alien race to them and that's how they were raised. Some of their offspring are militant Blacks as in the Nation of Islam or other Black groups but they don't hate whites, they simply don't trust them and keep to themselves.
My family is not like that, I have limited contact with those relatives and only interact with my father and Aunt. My family is mixed and I will not allow racisim to seep into my family's lives so if others, no matter what race or color, cannot accept any member of my racially diverse family there is no place for them in my life. I hope I've made myself clear to you on this subject once and for all. I don't talk it, I live it.

Location hidden

#242 Mar 23, 2012
@LTE - Continued:

However, just because my family is mixed hasn't made me forget that I am black and they have black in them, so anything that affects blacks, especially negative, affects my family and I will never lose interest nor stop defending or looking for ways to improve the lives for them and others. It may be a puzzle to you, but it's clear as day to me.

I don't think George Bush was or is a racist. I think just like my father and aunt, he never really thought about it as Blacks didn't fit into his world before becoming president.

Republicans have done nothing to endear themselves to the average Black person and seem to go out of their way to be demeaning and insulting, so why it surprises you that your party is viewed as racist is a puzzle to me. Is it tunnel vision? They appeal to the most racist segement in this country with typical sterotypes about Blacks that are extremely offensive and then wonder why Blacks think the way they do about the party and fear what they're up to and fight back. Who's to blame for that?

Once the Republican party started recruiting southern racists, evangelist, the so-called Christian Right, and other extremist and radical groups, what did you all expect? A party that was once, conservative and filled with intellectuals is now party to the lunatic fringes of American society because that's who your party's rehtoric is geared towards. You've got KKK members, Skin Heads, Neo-Nazis, Fascists, isolationists, Libertarians, etc. and you wonder why Blacks see your party as the enemy?

I'm not sure sure that religious bigotry(sp) and racial don't play a part in the birthers and Tea Party's request for Romney's birth certificate and yes, I see it as the party finally canablizing it's own and coming apart at the seams. Hatred and hateful, spiteful people will act this way. Look at Santorum. No party loyalty. Instead of graciously extending his support, neither him nor Newt has the decency to step aside and relinquish the race to Romney

Location hidden

#243 Mar 23, 2012
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny.
Nice dodge, lol. You and this diversity kick. I am none too sure you're not pulling my leg with this. Tea Party people are crackpots. As soon as they started toting guns into meetings, and old people looking half-dead starting carrying picket signs saying "leave my health care alone" we all knew they were crazy as hell.

I sincerely hope you're not attending those meetings! lol. I thought of more along the lines of William Buckley, George Will. They're intellectuals, not buffoons.

Location hidden

#244 Mar 23, 2012
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not going to explain Katrina all over again. The most important people immediately after a disaster is the Mayor and Governor as they know the local ground best. Neither had a handle on the situation from the get go and they had a few days warning. They knew what was coming. Hell, they had years to prepare.
Yes, they did and you neglect to mention that they were calling for federal help and aid for days before Katrina and their pleas went unaswered. What does Federal Emergency Management mean exactly to you? Why would you put an inexperienced man at the helm of such an important agency? Political favors should not be handed out to the incompetent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massachusetts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In 2006 Video, Romney Calls Health Care Mandate... (Jun '12) Jan 27 swedenforever 44
Guy Who Wanted Change for $100 Accidentally Win... Jan 26 Abrahammock Regions 1
Man who bought lottery tickets to break $100 bi... Jan 24 87223192 saleh al... 1
Trackers MC Boston? (Apr '13) Jan 24 Bigmeat 23
Man who bought lottery tickets to break $100 bi... Jan 22 TALLYHO 8541 2
Mitt Romney Shifts His Position on Climate Chan... Jan 21 Le Duped 2
REPORT: Romney Says Global Warming Is Real And ... Jan 20 SpaceBlues 1
More from around the web