In Puerto Rico, Romney repeats Sotoma...

In Puerto Rico, Romney repeats Sotomayor criticism

There are 262 comments on the Deseret News story from Mar 16, 2012, titled In Puerto Rico, Romney repeats Sotomayor criticism. In it, Deseret News reports that:

Republican presidential candidate, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, center, hugs his wife Ann as he arrives to the airport in San Juan, Puerto Rico, Friday March 16, 2012.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Deseret News.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#1 Mar 16, 2012
Wow, it seems Santorum and Romney are playing cut-throat one-downsmanship!!

Dumb and Dumber!!! LOL

Who wants to bet RON PAUL gets all the GOP Puerto Rico delegates!!!! LOL

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#2 Mar 16, 2012
Lord have mercy but is this white man (trash) clueless? Just go to the island and insult a hipanics, I love it!

This low-class and low-brow white man (who thinks he's whiter than the average WASP) LOL is trying to "out white" them and out privildge them. He doesn't have the good sense to know that he's been tolerated and engaged but will never, ever, be accepted by the WASP population, that is until he has to run against a Black man, lol. Of course, then these racists and illiterates will choose him over the diaper wearing Mormon, lol. Republican white racists, you've got to love this dilemna, lol. What to choose, seems God has forsaken the heartless demons.

I wonder why? LOL!

If Puerto Ricans want to find out how Italians feel about Puerto Ricans just go to any urban area where the two races are yoked together, lol. Of course, Italian men being men, will not pass up a chica, but they definitely think Puerto Ricans are beneath them (eventhough they share culteral characteristics, lol) They'll enjoy the women, while hating the men.

Anyone remember Westside Story? LOL.

Go, Ricky, pimp for the Pope, you racist, sob.

Location hidden

#3 Mar 16, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
Wow, it seems Santorum and Romney are playing cut-throat one-downsmanship!!
Dumb and Dumber!!! LOL
Who wants to bet RON PAUL gets all the GOP Puerto Rico delegates!!!! LOL
The Republican party is in tatters. We've had dumb arse Bush, and dumber Palin, Newt, Santorum (a true prick) and Romney (decent, but a money grubber of a strange and apostate religion) I mean, it's a Democrat's dream! LOL

Too freaking much! If I wasn't reading this dumb sob going to an island that typically votes REPUBLICAN with insults to an Hispanic, I wouldn't believe it! I mean, it's the same thing when they were pushing Cain, by having him and them, insult BLACKS! How the hell do you get people to vote for you by insulting them, would someone please tell me? These freaking people cannot be that clueless, can they? LMBAO!
TPMP

New York, NY

#4 Mar 16, 2012
bappie wrote:
Lord have mercy but is this white man (trash) clueless? Just go to the island and insult a hipanics, I love it!
This low-class and low-brow white man (who thinks he's whiter than the average WASP) LOL is trying to "out white" them and out privildge them. He doesn't have the good sense to know that he's been tolerated and engaged but will never, ever, be accepted by the WASP population, that is until he has to run against a Black man, lol. Of course, then these racists and illiterates will choose him over the diaper wearing Mormon, lol. Republican white racists, you've got to love this dilemna, lol. What to choose, seems God has forsaken the heartless demons.
I wonder why? LOL!
If Puerto Ricans want to find out how Italians feel about Puerto Ricans just go to any urban area where the two races are yoked together, lol. Of course, Italian men being men, will not pass up a chica, but they definitely think Puerto Ricans are beneath them (eventhough they share culteral characteristics, lol) They'll enjoy the women, while hating the men.
Anyone remember Westside Story? LOL.
Go, Ricky, pimp for the Pope, you racist, sob.
Bappie,

You're a simpleton. Stay over in the AA forum.

Not everything is always about race.
TPMP

New York, NY

#5 Mar 16, 2012
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>The Republican party is in tatters. We've had dumb arse Bush, and dumber Palin, Newt, Santorum (a true prick) and Romney (decent, but a money grubber of a strange and apostate religion) I mean, it's a Democrat's dream! LOL
Too freaking much! If I wasn't reading this dumb sob going to an island that typically votes REPUBLICAN with insults to an Hispanic, I wouldn't believe it! I mean, it's the same thing when they were pushing Cain, by having him and them, insult BLACKS! How the hell do you get people to vote for you by insulting them, would someone please tell me? These freaking people cannot be that clueless, can they? LMBAO!
When you say "These people"...Are you referring to Republicans or Puerto Ricans?

Location hidden

#6 Mar 16, 2012
Amazing! They go to their island and insult one of their most important person to accomplish something and expect the islanders to give them their support. I am the white man, and I like you all, but your supreme court justice is not to my liking because she doesn't agree with my policies? So, like your Island ancestors, trust me, the White Gods, lol. That is until they found out that the White Spaniards proved they weren't God's when Taiano Indians dropped one of their lazy asses and the white God did not rise after three days. That's when the Taino Indians went on a rampage and killed every white spaniard they could find.

Puerto Ricans would do well to remember the first devils that came to their island misrepresenting themselves, but at least these two are telling you upfront that your "hija" is not one of them!

Have some respect and don't be Uncle Toms, Puerto Ricans, I know you all have more pride than that! Send those two racist gringos packing!
TPMP

New York, NY

#7 Mar 16, 2012
Well, i had a chance to read the link.

Not kool, Romney.

Location hidden

#8 Mar 16, 2012
TPMP wrote:
<quoted text> When you say "These people"...Are you referring to Republicans or Puerto Ricans?
If you have to ask, it's obvious you already know the answer and I won't dignify it.
Sheik Yerbouti

Chalfont, PA

#9 Mar 16, 2012
The rickster has to be the only politician dumb enough to think he can go to Puerto Rico, insult their language and culture and then expect anyone to vote for him! What a tool!

Location hidden

#10 Mar 16, 2012
TPMP wrote:
<quoted text> Bappie,
You're a simpleton. Stay over in the AA forum.
Not everything is always about race.
No? I think not! Anyway, the current Census has "changed" Puerto Ricans to White, Hispanic and Black, Hispanics and furthermore, you racist sob, my husband is Puerto Rican and my children are half, so I have more right to be on this thread than your white, racist, arse, so go F yourself and go find the Angelo Forum for you nosey, sobs.
TRUTH IS RELATIVE

Dover, DE

#11 Mar 16, 2012
TPMP wrote:
Well, i had a chance to read the link.
Not kool, Romney.
Wow, they both stepped on the toes of Puerto Ricans everywhere. Could it be that Romney's dislike of Sotomayor deep within is that she is a Latina from "obscure" Puerto Rico? What is his beef with her? It is obvious, as it has been throughout its history with the U.S., that PR is the nation's step child to be ignored except when campaigning for President. Both of these guys probably knew "zilch" about the island before they arrived. "Puerto Rico?" "Where is that?"
jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#12 Mar 16, 2012
But, what did Romney said (about Sonia) that that everyone's "up in arms" and tearing their clothes off.

The local radio stations (pro PPD) are burning their waves against Romney....
TRUTH IS RELATIVE

Dover, DE

#13 Mar 16, 2012
jorge wrote:
But, what did Romney said (about Sonia) that that everyone's "up in arms" and tearing their clothes off.
The local radio stations (pro PPD) are burning their waves against Romney....
Earlier in the afternoon, Romney refused to back off his criticism of Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor.

Minutes after arriving in San Juan, Romney faced questions about his charge that Sotomayor is an activist judge. Sotomayor, who is of Puerto Rican heritage, is widely supported by local Democrats and Republicans.

But Romney isn't budging from his opposition to her 2009 nomination to the nation's highest court.

He said he disagrees with her judicial philosophy and would have voted against her nomination had he been serving in the Senate at the time. Romney added that he'd be happy to support a Puerto Rican justice, but only one who shares his philosophy.
jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#14 Mar 16, 2012
TRUTH IS RELATIVE wrote:
<quoted text>
Earlier in the afternoon, Romney refused to back off his criticism of Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor.
Minutes after arriving in San Juan, Romney faced questions about his charge that Sotomayor is an activist judge. Sotomayor, who is of Puerto Rican heritage, is widely supported by local Democrats and Republicans.
But Romney isn't budging from his opposition to her 2009 nomination to the nation's highest court.
He said he disagrees with her judicial philosophy and would have voted against her nomination had he been serving in the Senate at the time. Romney added that he'd be happy to support a Puerto Rican justice, but only one who shares his philosophy.
Ahhhh!

It goes back to when everyone against her nomination was calling her "an activist"...

Gracias....

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

#15 Mar 16, 2012
bappie wrote:
Amazing! They go to their island and insult one of their most important person to accomplish something and expect the islanders to give them their support. I am the white man, and I like you all, but your supreme court justice is not to my liking because she doesn't agree with my policies? So, like your Island ancestors, trust me, the White Gods, lol. That is until they found out that the White Spaniards proved they weren't God's when Taiano Indians dropped one of their lazy asses and the white God did not rise after three days. That's when the Taino Indians went on a rampage and killed every white spaniard they could find.
Puerto Ricans would do well to remember the first devils that came to their island misrepresenting themselves, but at least these two are telling you upfront that your "hija" is not one of them!
Have some respect and don't be Uncle Toms, Puerto Ricans, I know you all have more pride than that! Send those two racist gringos packing!
Puerto Ricans treated Sotomayor like they did a soccer game with about as much thought, well they would have taken the soccer game far more seriously.
I see an interesting side of you. Somebody is looking pretty racist.

Allentown, PA

#16 Mar 16, 2012
TRUTH IS RELATIVE wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, they both stepped on the toes of Puerto Ricans everywhere. Could it be that Romney's dislike of Sotomayor deep within is that she is a Latina from "obscure" Puerto Rico? What is his beef with her? It is obvious, as it has been throughout its history with the U.S., that PR is the nation's step child to be ignored except when campaigning for President. Both of these guys probably knew "zilch" about the island before they arrived. "Puerto Rico?" "Where is that?"
Outside of a few beaches, what does Puerto Rico have to offer the United States?
jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#17 Mar 16, 2012
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
Puerto Ricans treated Sotomayor like they did a soccer game with about as much thought, well they would have taken the soccer game far more seriously.
I see an interesting side of you. Somebody is looking pretty racist.
Well, when Sonia happens to "be in the neighborhood"...we all go wild (in fact, wilder than when Ms. López, who happens to have a penthouse in San Juan and has made investments in the island, is moving her "cucu" on Condado's streets.
jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#18 Mar 16, 2012
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
Outside of a few beaches, what does Puerto Rico have to offer the United States?
Ask you own Congress legislators....find the pen, paper and time.

Allentown, PA

#19 Mar 16, 2012
jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, when Sonia happens to "be in the neighborhood"...we all go wild (in fact, wilder than when Ms. López, who happens to have a penthouse in San Juan and has made investments in the island, is moving her "cucu" on Condado's streets.
When it comes to Supreme Court justices, something more than being popular counts.
As I said, Hispanics never looked beyond her name.
Using the standards they applied, German- Americans should have been thrilled if Adolph Hitler were nominated, that he being German (Austrian actually) was enough.

Allentown, PA

#20 Mar 16, 2012
jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask you own Congress legislators....find the pen, paper and time.
In other words, Puerto Rico has a few nice beaches.
It's a poor island that would have been a second Cuba if the United States didn't keep it a float.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massachusetts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Elizabeth Warren: Racism stymies economic fairn... Jan 30 spud 622
Election Who are you voting for in the Massachusetts Gov... (Oct '14) Jan 29 Eyes 3
News Governor pushes hard for Republican Tran in race Jan 26 Buzzy McSheehey 10
News Mitt Romney was 'treated successfully' for pros... Jan 20 Raydot 3
Congressman Donald Norcross Hone Wild Jan '18 dirty jersey 1
News Giant orange dinosaur in Massachusetts saved fr... (Sep '16) Jan '18 Ateesiks 8
News Schools sharing grants to educate students from... Jan '18 Dave 3
More from around the web