Mass. boy, trying to avoid bedtime, calls 911

Feb 21, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Denver Post

Police in Massachusetts say a 10-year-old boy called 911 because he didn't want to go to bed.

Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Feb 22, 2013
Parden pard

Catasauqua, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Bet the kid is stupid in school too....
Dr Fill

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

If that were my kid, his bedtime would have been moved up an hour.

Wanna make it two hours?

“Pompous pontificator”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

I have the perfect cure for this kid. You move his bed to the garage. Then you give him a choice: he can sleep in his bed near all those critters and things that 'go bump in the night, or he can sleep on his bedroom floor.

After the a WEEK, ask him if he'd like his bad back in his room and will promise to be in bed at the correct time.

“Proud White Woman for life!”

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Parden pard wrote:
Bet the kid is stupid in school too....
Probably calls 911 on the teachers. "My math teacher's trying to kill me with this long division and the English teacher's trying to rape me with this reading assignment."

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Dr Fill wrote:
If that were my kid, his bedtime would have been moved up an hour.
Wanna make it two hours?
If my parents would have tried that on me, someone would have called the police and the medical examiner. I knew what was under the mattress and in mom's purse in holsters. I believed that excessive bedtimes were abusive. It is a waste of a childhood and parents who use bedtimes as punishment should be charged as felons, stay in prison until the child is grown, and sign a child abuse registry, along with the diddlers. Okay, I haven't resolved all that I need to, and yes, some sort of discipline is necessary.
brenda lingle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Make him clean the jail, courthouse, wash police cars for couple weeks, after school, & of course supervised at all times.

“Mid Summer Days”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably calls 911 on the teachers. "My math teacher's trying to kill me with this long division and the English teacher's trying to rape me with this reading assignment."
LOL

And....

my arts teacher is trying to
put a few additions where they shouldn't be!
abadapple

Surrey, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

maybe he has nightmares maybe not i have a ab average student hes 12 i dont need to tell him to sleep i let him be responsive about his own actions let him stay up then i will gurantee you he will sleep right after that you have to give a bit to get a lot speaking from exp

“New & Improved..”

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Well, back in 69 there was another Massachusetts boy who thought he was going to bed but Didn't call 911 cause he didn't wanna go to jail..!

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

They need to send a cop to his house to scare the crap out of him.

When I was a kid on our school bus on our way home, we were in the back of the bus, and a State Trooper was driving behind the bus. One of the 'tough kids'(we were probably 11 or 12) thought he'd be cool, and gave the cop the finger out of the back window. Well on went the police lights and siren, and the cop literally forced the bust to stop, the cop came on the bus in full force (really big guy, too), knew exactly who he was looking for, barreled down the aisle, and in a booming voice, yelled "You - come with me, you're under arrest", put him in cuffs, and scurried him off the bus.

long story short, the next day this 'tough guy' was humbled, and very quiet. His whole attitude changed for the better, and I'll bet he's never till this day given the finger to another cop.
Imagine That

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Only in liberal la la land. At least he didn't call 911 at Mickey D's when they shorted him a chicken McNugget in his Crappy Meal.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

JM_Brazil wrote:
When I was a kid on our school bus on our way home, we were in the back of the bus, and a State Trooper was driving behind the bus. One of the 'tough kids'(we were probably 11 or 12) thought he'd be cool, and gave the cop the finger out of the back window. Well on went the police lights and siren, and the cop literally forced the bust to stop, the cop came on the bus in full force (really big guy, too), knew exactly who he was looking for, barreled down the aisle, and in a booming voice, yelled "You - come with me, you're under arrest", put him in cuffs, and scurried him off the bus.
long story short, the next day this 'tough guy' was humbled, and very quiet. His whole attitude changed for the better, and I'll bet he's never till this day given the finger to another cop.
so ur saying you learned ur lesson?
lol
j/k
this story made me laugh, typical smartazz kid shows his true colors when push comes to shove. hopefully he did learn from this.
:)

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

JM_Brazil wrote:
Nowadays, the kid would be rich from the settlement and the officer would be lucky to get a job with a security firm. Times have changed, perhaps too far. Nowadays, flipping off an officer is seen as free speech and the ACLU will back you up for it.

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Imagine That wrote:
Only in liberal la la land. At least he didn't call 911 at Mickey D's when they shorted him a chicken McNugget in his Crappy Meal.
Or call 911 because the new law says not to give him a toy in his Happy Meal.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
If my parents would have tried that on me, someone would have called the police and the medical examiner. I knew what was under the mattress and in mom's purse in holsters. I believed that excessive bedtimes were abusive. It is a waste of a childhood and parents who use bedtimes as punishment should be charged as felons, stay in prison until the child is grown, and sign a child abuse registry, along with the diddlers. Okay, I haven't resolved all that I need to, and yes, some sort of discipline is necessary.
On the parent or the child?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

brenda lingle wrote:
Make him clean the jail, courthouse, wash police cars for couple weeks, after school, & of course supervised at all times.
Yes, Mother Theresa, just as you say.
debbie

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

my mother had a cure for everything. it was a 5 foot long switch

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

debbie wrote:
my mother had a cure for everything. it was a 5 foot long switch
Did it match her broom?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••