Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 201730 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#94400 Jun 28, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Well, yes, but I don't think one can count 'em as "Christians"...
I'm not sure you can count the majority of the people subscribing to Christianity as Christian.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#94401 Jun 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, they waged a great and bloody war to push your cult on other people...
That is your own idea of the story.

Location hidden

#94402 Jun 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your excuse for ignorance? That only substantiates the fact that the majority of people are below average intelligence, Charlie.
English originated on the island of England. That was then. Now a huge number of English speaking Christians are only able to find England on a world map with Google a lot of luck. Hell, half of those wouldn't even be able to find it on a map of the British Isles.
What again is your point ?

Location hidden

#94403 Jun 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
...and BTW, the majority of people on Earth are non-Christian.
Mind your 9th commandment, Bonzo.
And yet the atheist are still on the low side( minority).

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#94404 Jun 28, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, atheism is become the state religion in America. Just sit in any high school biology classroom and try to engage in an honest debate about evolution. My daughter was openly ridiculed and yelled at for questioning that man evolved from apes. This is not "science"... It is indoctrination. Public education has become a farce.
Maybe the argument she presented was as stupid, factless and nonsensical as yours. If so, opposition was justified. Heck, if she was raising a religious argument in a science class, then opposition was justified.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#94405 Jun 28, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And yet the atheist are still on the low side( minority).
the smart (and correct) ones usually are...

you sheeple masses are just that...ignorant masses led by the nose.

crusade fodder.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#94406 Jun 28, 2013
Aussiebob wrote:
<quoted text>
The 160,000 yr old skills found in Ethiopia that pre date neanderthal man
Dude theres so many gaps that no body can conclusively say they have all the answers i bet you think you do but hey
No, those 160,000 year old skulls do not predate Neanderthal Man. Neanderthals date back at least as far back as Homo sapiens and possible before.

Of course there are gaps in the fossil record. So what? Gaps are to be expected. We have plenty of our ancestors and they all fit in the evolutionary paradigm. Creationists cannot deal with the fossil record. They have no explanation for it at all.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#94407 Jun 28, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is that how could John, a fisherman, exiled on an island 20 centuries ago come up with the concept of the centralised debit card system that can cover everyone on earth based on numbers?
The eyes, language convention and brain all functioning perfectly through millions of optic nerves to see this text, rods and cones to discern colour and depth perception are pretty good proof of God and the miracle of life. You folks look at life and think what an amazing number of accidents and mindless chances made all this. We look at life and say "what an amazing God we serve and I am so thankful I can live here through His goodness!" To search out His creation is a gift. It has been polluted after sin. We live in a mix of past judgement and original creation.
He didn't. You are reinterpreting the Bible in light of today's facts. That is not the way prophecy is supposed to work.

“pshhhhh”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#94408 Jun 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>No, those 160,000 year old skulls do not predate Neanderthal Man. Neanderthals date back at least as far back as Homo sapiens and possible before.

Of course there are gaps in the fossil record. So what? Gaps are to be expected. We have plenty of our ancestors and they all fit in the evolutionary paradigm. Creationists cannot deal with the fossil record. They have no explanation for it at all.
Why get so butt-hurt if they all fit why are theyre gaps it cant all fit if there are gaps fool

St. Croix valley

#94409 Jun 28, 2013
Aussiebob wrote:
<quoted text>
Why get so butt-hurt if they all fit why are theyre gaps it cant all fit if there are gaps fool
what gaps are you talking about?

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

#94410 Jun 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what gaps are you talking about?
Periods of time that are unaccounted for

St. Croix valley

#94411 Jun 28, 2013
Aussiebob wrote:
<quoted text>
Periods of time that are unaccounted for
no. all time is accounted for.

perhaps you should talk about something you understand...
parroting soundbytes you don't understand that you have glommed from some site you googled just shows what a fool you are...

probably best for you to let your cult think for you like the rest of you crusade fodder people...you seem unable to fend for yourself in the real world...

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

#94412 Jun 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no. all time is accounted for.

perhaps you should talk about something you understand...
parroting soundbytes you don't understand that you have glommed from some site you googled just shows what a fool you are...

probably best for you to let your cult think for you like the rest of you crusade fodder people...you seem unable to fend for yourself in the real world...
Haha all time is accounted for what a joke

St. Croix valley

#94413 Jun 28, 2013
Aussiebob wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha all time is accounted for what a joke
if you could have shown some period of time that is not accounted for, you would have...

epic fail....

run away little troll.

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

#94414 Jun 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>No, those 160,000 year old skulls do not predate Neanderthal Man. Neanderthals date back at least as far back as Homo sapiens and possible before.

The complexity of living systems could never evolve by chance—they had to be designed and created. A system that is irreducibly complex has precise components working together to perform the basic function of the system.(A mousetrap is a simple example.) If any part of that system were missing, the system would cease to function. Gradual additions could not account for the origin of such a system. It would have to come together fully formed and integrated. Many living systems exhibit this (vision, blood-clotting, etc.). When you look at a watch, you assume there was a watchmaker. A watch is too complex to "happen" by chance. Yet such living systems are almost infinitely more complex than a watch. They could not be random—they simply had to be designed and created.

The high information content of DNA could only have come from intelligence. Information science teaches that in all known cases, complex information requires an intelligent message sender. This is at the core of the Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence (SETI). DNA is by far the most compact information storage/retrieval system known. A pinhead of DNA has a billion times more information capacity than a 4-gigabit hard drive. Ironically, evolutionists scan the heavens using massive radio telescopes hoping for relatively simple signal patterns that might have originated in outer space, all the while ignoring the incredibly complex evidence of superior intelligence built into every human's DNA. While we're waiting to hear signs of intelligence behind interstellar communication, we're ignoring those built into us.

No mutation that increases genetic information has ever been discovered. Mutations which increase genetic information would be the raw material necessary for evolution. To get from "amoeba" to "man" would require a massive net increase in information. There are many examples of supposed evolution given by proponents. Variation within a species (finch beak, for example), bacteria which acquire antibiotic resistance, people born with an extra chromosome, etc. However, none of the examples demonstrate the development of new information. Instead, they demonstrate either preprogrammed variation, multiple copies of existing information, or even loss of information (natural selection and adaptation involve loss of information). The total lack of any such evidence refutes evolutionary theory.

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

#94415 Jun 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if you could have shown some period of time that is not accounted for, you would have...

epic fail....

run away little troll.
Why would i need to ?
Its common knowledge unless you lived through all thos periods of time since the dawn of man you cant know anything for sure

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#94416 Jun 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. If Darwin could be shown to be wrong with evidence we would gladly accept that. Sadly for your side all evidence supports his theory to date. It shows that we have no fear in Darwin being wrong since we constantly ask for evidence. If you want to say that we are fundamental about anything it would be evidence, not individuals.
He as been and too many times for you to even say that. The science channel covers his errors all the time. He has a low average,

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#94417 Jun 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you *DO* have a sense of humor. Those that support the advancement of science are stuck in the past but fundamental creationist are not. That was pretty damn funny!
Wait!
We're you serious???
No question I am correct. I have corresponded with atheist here that believe there is no such thing as paranormal. That statement means we know everything. The plain simple truth is we will never know enough to prove that there is no creator, and I have heard higher educated atheist that you have in your top debates, admit this. However one could prove to oneself there is a God, I am sorry for you if you can't, or refuse to accept it.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#94418 Jun 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what gaps are you talking about?
He has gaps in his understanding.

“pshhhhh”

Location hidden

#94419 Jun 28, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>He has gaps in his understanding.
I think theres a gap in your head where a brain is suppose to be

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vice president, dignitaries to honor slain Loui... 13 min He Named Me Black... 5
News Former KKK grand wizard David Duke launches bid... Jul 24 tim bennett 1
News Baton Rouge horror: When the breaking news is m... Jul 18 Le Jimbo 2
hey black folks (Nov '15) Jul 17 hunter 3
News Obama: Police shootings show US has a 'serious ... Jul 8 Guardian Angels 1
Jimmy Swaggart Ministries Faces New Scandal (Aug '11) Jul 6 ConnieB 525
News Jeff Sadow: Public should not let Edwards fool it Jun '16 julikemp 1
More from around the web