Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#85717 Apr 11, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, Matthew 13: 49&50 Luke 13: 27&28.
that's just the slaves your god told you to keep that are weeping.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85718 Apr 11, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"avoided mine. " really bad dude.
There maybe multiverse however they would still be inside of the UNIverse.
Because the universe includes all (not some) yes ALL matter and energy.
Do try and keep up. By the way how's the air in there?
You're not saying anything new. I already addressed this.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#85719 Apr 11, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen to your Amen sister! I've decided to post scripture here, daily, as well! Isn't that great?
And what do you think that will accomplish? Do you think you're going to convert anyone by spamming this thread? Get a grip.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85720 Apr 11, 2013
Tyler in Elsewhere wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you are astoundingly progressive for a creationist. However, it is indeed the creationist argument that Adam and Eve were "genetically perfect."
As I've heard it, the running hypothesis/delusion is that because of their perfect genes (presumably from being directly created by God, I suppose), they and their children were able to inbreed without any adverse effects. After the Fall, the genome started degrading, and has been 'devolving' into random noise ever since.
Which is pretty gross no matter how the fundies rationalize it. But hey, whatever floats the fundie's boat.(shrug)

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#85721 Apr 11, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the Romans fought the Romans. Some believed in Jesus, some believed in Zeus. The new Christian Roman emperor was Christian because Christianity was rising in popularity. He managed to get into power via the usual political dealings and that was it. But then he was deposed and replaced by another emperor who brought back the old theology. Then he was deposed himself by yet another Christian emperor.
And if you think all this was done by swapping apple pies, teddy bears and cuddles then you are seriously deluded.
By the way, what "atheist" were you referring to?
Dreaming and lying again. How did the persecuted Christians managed to swap powers?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#85722 Apr 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Christianity was and is founded by Jesus, he called his twelve disciples and apostles, that propagated the gospel of Christ.

Those who believe Jesus was resurrected say Jesus founded it,
which would be true if the resurrection was.
Sorry Charlie, nobody ever came back from dead, and if they did...
you would run away as fast as you could.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#85723 Apr 11, 2013
superwilly wrote:
Goodness has this degenerated into a cowpie slingfest!
Not, alas, for the first time.

Nor, I suspect, the last.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#85724 Apr 11, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
Atheists are well-behaved and we seem to play well with others overall.
Atheists are not in the news, like the Christian right, for getting caught doing things they tell others not to do. You know…those nasty little sexual things.
Atheists almost always co-exist peacefully with religious believing family and friends.
Atheists pay taxes just like the religious believers do.
Atheists are waaay under represented in jails and prisons…we’re actually pretty moral people.
Atheists don’t start wars on behalf of atheism…unlike religion.
They do join the military however, and contrary to clichéd belief, they are found in foxholes.
Atheists believe strongly in America and the whole American Constitution, but particularly the First Amendment that separates church and state.
Atheists are secularists who support a government free from influence by any religion. We are not anti-religious, we are Non-Religious.
Atheists don’t take up a lot of space. The non-religious/atheist/agnostic members of American society only add up to a little less than 18% of the whole population…but we are growing.
Atheists make good neighbors. Chances are, if you live next door, or work with an atheist, you will never know it.
Atheists in general, are much more supportive of women’s rights and for their right to control their own bodies and lives without church or state interference.
Unlike the religious right people, atheists don’t like to get into other peoples business and dictate how they should live….what they should do or not do. You know…like who you should marry.
Atheists are not known for going door-to-door to convert people to our way of thinking. We are however, known to help our friends and neighbors with no thought of there being a heavenly reward in it for us.
Unlike many of the present Republican presidential candidates and the religious right in general Atheists do not advocate or align themselves with groups who want to take over our government and reshape America into a religiously ruled theocracy…you know, kinda’ like the Middle Eastern Islamic states.
Atheists, unlike the Republican Right, the Tea-Party, and the religious right, do not go around with guns in meetings and say the President will never take their guns away, or wishing the president would fail and generally disrespecting the President and the office. Or call him ni_ger behind his back.
Atheists mostly do know a lot about religion, as many were raised in a religious family, and they tend to research and know their positions really well. In recent national polling about religious knowledge, atheists knew more than any religious sub-group.
Hmmm…could it be…could the atheists actually be better citizens and better people to know than theists??? I know I never disrespect, with malice, someone for believing the ‘wrong thing’…I just like to get into friendly arguments/debates with them.
And remember…Atheism cures religious terrorism
Nicely put, sir! Permission to steal bits, with attribution?

Although I usually am armed...
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85725 Apr 11, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you're wrong. But that's nothing new for you.
LMFAO! Sorry fundie. I have no use for your cult.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85726 Apr 11, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you don't.
That's nice. I know I do.
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#85727 Apr 11, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you and I believe they have a chance, as long as they are living. God is not willing that any should perish and go to that place that is prepared for the Devil and his angels. I feel sadness for them. God Bless.
They do have a chance, God does not want anyone to perish( 1 Tim 2:4 and 2 Pet 3:9) but each one of us have a choice. But we must repent unless we likewise perish Luke 13:3.Seems like 2 Thess 1:7-9 would be a wake up call for anyone.
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#85728 Apr 11, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>People live very good lives without being members of your cult. Why is it such a hard concept for you fundies to grasp?
Christ is the savior of the body,(his church)one cannot be saved without being part of HIS church. Col 1:18, Eph 1:18-21, Eph 5:23. One living a good life is not enough for them to have eternal salvation.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85729 Apr 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>They do have a chance, God does not want anyone to perish( 1 Tim 2:4 and 2 Pet 3:9) but each one of us have a choice. But we must repent unless we likewise perish Luke 13:3.Seems like 2 Thess 1:7-9 would be a wake up call for anyone.
That's nice. I have no need to join your death cult.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85730 Apr 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Christ is the savior of the body,(his church)one cannot be saved without being part of HIS church. Col 1:18, Eph 1:18-21, Eph 5:23. One living a good life is not enough for them to have eternal salvation.
That's nice. I have no need to join your death cult.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85731 Apr 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Dreaming and lying again.
I'm not lying, I leave that to you. Merely disagreeing with your baseless claims is not lying.
Charles Idemi wrote:
How did the persecuted Christians managed to swap powers?
Christianity had gradually grew in popularity over the centuries. It was inevitable that someone with political power would be Christian. One of those was managed to become emperor.

Then it swapped back.

Then it swapped back again.

Meaning either your first divine intervention wasn't good enough the first time so God needed to intervene again, or he only intervened once but it took a number of years before it finally took hold.

Then as we know, Rome eventually collapsed.

This is how weak you're making your god look.

I for one don't have a problem.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85732 Apr 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>They do have a chance, God does not want anyone to perish( 1 Tim 2:4 and 2 Pet 3:9) but each one of us have a choice. But we must repent unless we likewise perish Luke 13:3.Seems like 2 Thess 1:7-9 would be a wake up call for anyone.
If God exists then we don't have a choice.

You failed to address this the first time. That was weeks ago on another thread. Something tells me you won't now.

Referencing scripture might make you feel better, but preaching stuff you can't back up to people who aren't interested in anything unless you can back it up only makes you look ignorant.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#85733 Apr 11, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You failed to address this the first time. That was weeks ago on another thread. Something tells me you won't now.
Referencing scripture might make you feel better, but preaching stuff you can't back up to people who aren't interested in anything unless you can back it up only makes you look ignorant.
it's the cult mentality: when faced with fact and reason, retreat to the cult mantra...
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#85734 Apr 11, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>That's nice. I have no need to join your death cult.
Inspired scripture begs to differ with your assertion.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#85735 Apr 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Yes and Amen.
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#85736 Apr 11, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Joshua 24:15 "...this day choose whom you may serve..."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's got your vote in the Louisiana Senate rac... 16 hr CaCowboy4u 9
Jimmy Swaggart Ministries Faces New Scandal (Aug '11) Nov 22 Karen 357
democrats party of lies Nov 16 Wyatt 6
Acadia Parish Election Results Nov 8 Big Moe 1
Hillary Clinton reaches back to Katrina to tout... Nov 7 dragoon70056 4
HELP U.S. send MARY LANDRIEU back to her 2.5-MI... Nov 7 dragoon70056 8
Global drought causing major worries (Sep '12) Nov 6 MOMIN ANSARI 6

Louisiana People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE