Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#85634 Apr 10, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Well bless your heart! I choose to live in the real world thank you.
I choose(while in THIS LIFE) to prepare for eternal life in the LIFE TO COME after this life passes away.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#85635 Apr 10, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Free Servant, I stopped trying to have an intelligent conversation with these atheists, I followed Solomon's advice where he says do not argue with a fool in his folly lest you make him wise in his own eyes. They will see one day God is real and when they do it will be eternally too late.
Thank you and I believe they have a chance, as long as they are living. God is not willing that any should perish and go to that place that is prepared for the Devil and his angels. I feel sadness for them. God Bless.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#85636 Apr 10, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I choose(while in THIS LIFE) to prepare for eternal life in the LIFE TO COME after this life passes away.
Me too.

I always have spaghetti and meatballs on Friday and never forget the sacramental beer and Parmesan cheese.

rAmen.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85637 Apr 10, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Science claim the universe has an age?
A date that the universe started?
By universe I do mean universe as per the definition of the word.
You don't need scientific definitions because scientific definitions are irrelevant to fundies anyway.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85638 Apr 10, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok
I know you don't "know" Christ.
It's okay, you don't know Christ either. After all, the guy is dead. And may not even have existed at all in the first place.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85639 Apr 10, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all just a big ruse to throw atheist off that's all.
Right, so what you're saying is that ALL religions in the world are actually all just great big massive dishonest liars for Jesus? Well done!
Elohim

Branford, CT

#85640 Apr 10, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I choose(while in THIS LIFE) to prepare for eternal life in the LIFE TO COME after this life passes away.
Well good for you! It's a great thing to have goals. Mine is to live as comfortably as I can , helping those who I can.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85641 Apr 10, 2013
KJV wrote:
Apple and car could not care what they were being called, labeled. Humans are not apples in case you didn't realize that.
No, but they are:

Homo sapiens sapiens

Humano

Humain

Menslike

Mensch

&#1095;&#1077;&#10 83;&#1086;&#1074;& #1077;&#1082;

&#20154;&#30340; (Rén de)

... for example. Note they are all different. Some radically so. Yet they all mean the same thing. This is because they are arbitrary labels.
KJV wrote:
Human who are Christians know they were created as a human whole no mutations required.
No they don't.
KJV wrote:
You and your buddies calling Christians apes because you believe they are is no difference then Charles Darwin calling blacks the inferior race, which he truly believed.
Except you're misrepresenting Darwin for one:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

And you're misrepresenting me for another.

And you're misrepresenting evolution.

After all, according to the modern evolutionary synthesis, NO race or species is more or less evolved than another.

Creationism on the other hand claims Adam and Eve were created "perfect", and probably white. Anything different to that is inferior. That's ASTOUNDINGLY racist.
KJV wrote:
Christians are not apes and we don't in general care for your name calling belief that makes you think you are free to call anyone an ape and that's ok to do so.
I don't care that you don't care. You don't care about reality.(shrug)

It is also okay for me to do so for at least two reasons:

1 - Freedom of speech.

2 - It is scientifically correct.
KJV wrote:
Now on the count of three try exhaling and farting at the same time that just might help you pull your head out of your azz......
One, Two, Three!
Damn I was hoping that would work.
My head's not in my azz. You're looking at your own mirror.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85642 Apr 10, 2013
Darn, looks like Russian or Chinese characters don't work. Strange considering they do while typing.

They were chelovek and Rén de respectively.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#85643 Apr 10, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>According to the greatest book of truth ever written.
Grapes Of Wrath?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85644 Apr 10, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Now, it is possible that our universe MAY be part of a larger much greater multi-verse. In which case there are lots of other universes potentially with matter in them. Unless you want your definition of universe to include the multi-verse as being **inside** that greater universe, in which case matter cannot exist outside the universe because there IS no outside. Because ALL EXISTENCE is INSIDE. This would also include your god, if any such being or beings exist. So if there is no outside it makes little sense to ask if matter can exist outside in the first place."
There maybe multiverse however they would still be inside of the UNIverse.
Because the universe includes all (not some) yes ALL matter and energy.
Do try and keep up. By the way how's the air in there?
In which case I addressed your concerns while you avoided mine.

The air's fine, I'm nowhere near your head.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85645 Apr 10, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
In away yes you are correct. God cannot stand the ugliness of sin. Everyone has sinned.
There is only one way to be with God and that is to lose your sins. This can only be done only oneway. And it's FREE!
How about them apples?
Please don't tell me you're channelling John A Davison...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85646 Apr 10, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Seems like atheist don't like any definition of words that can hurt their cause.
Irony meter go boom.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85647 Apr 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Don't say something you don't even know about.
It makes you always look like a liar and loser.
Sound advice. Unfortunately you can't stop yourself.(shrug)
Charles Idemi wrote:
The Christians never fought the Romans, it was a divine intervention.
Sorry, but there had been no record of divine intervention for centuries before the Christians controlled Rome. And even they were hearsay written at minimum decades later. However that isn't the point, since there was another Roman coup to counter the sudden Christian "empire", which was then countered by a counter-coup by Christians turning Rome Christian once again, until Rome eventually collapsed under Christian rule.

Must have been Divine Intervention.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85648 Apr 10, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>I like apples. I don't care much for god and religion, but I like apples.
NO! You're not supposed to eat the apples! Ignore the talking lizard! Feast ye not of the tree of knowledge and remaineth an ignorant slave for all time!!!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85649 Apr 10, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Wishful stroke of the brush. I know these guys, they went into it thinking we are going to have to dig deep to find any issues with the isotope series - not as far as accuracy, but basic long age.
After 7 years work - wham!..the VOR was all off.
That's why Austin is getting past peer review presenting the paper.
After that I will take their word for it, logic is logic and facts are facts.
As far as my lack of knowledge goes, my Geo profs would disagree with you. Take any Geo in school Mike? Pound any rocks? Send any samples in for eval? Look at any core samples? Work underground? How about on 5 continents? Answer the questions for us then pass judgment on me.
Bub, assuming you're not lying about being a miner all you know is how to dig a hole using modern equipment. Oh, and don't forget that all your lying for Jesus is completely undercut by your "scientific premise" of GODDIDIT WITH MAGIC! Oh, and your constant lying for Jesus.

You uh, DID remember this didn't you?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85650 Apr 10, 2013
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Santa clause IS based on a real person.
No driver of a sleigh with reindeer though, just one of the best most honest, loving and kind people the world has ever seen. Nicholas of Myrna.
A cool thing he did;
From wikipedia -
"In his most famous exploit,[26] a poor man had three daughters but could not afford a proper dowry for them. This meant that they would remain unmarried and probably, in absence of any other possible employment, would have to become prostitutes. Hearing of the poor man's plight, Nicholas decided to help him, but being too modest to help the man in public (or to save the man the humiliation of accepting charity), he went to his house under the cover of night and threw three purses (one for each daughter) filled with gold coins through the window opening into the man's house.[citation needed]
One version has him throwing one purse for three consecutive nights. Another has him throw the purses over a period of three years, each time the night before one of the daughters comes of age. Invariably, the third time the father lies in wait, trying to discover the identity of their benefactor. In one version the father confronts the saint, only to have Saint Nicholas say it is not him he should thank, but God alone. In another version, Nicholas learns of the poor man's plan and drops the third bag down the chimney instead; a variant holds that the daughter had washed her stockings that evening and hung them over the embers to dry, and that the bag of gold fell into the stocking"
Pretty cool guy. The myth is grounded in a real person.
As for nessie, just a fabrication to bring in money!
Are you SURE about that...?

http://www.examiner.com/article/lake-okanagan...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85651 Apr 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God is a God of time and freewill.
Really? I thought your god was a god of infinity and eternal slavery?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85652 Apr 10, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh? Is it trade resume time? You figure you've got me beat because I've only spent time on 4 continents? Pretty weak crap, pal.
If you want to maintain that the RATE study was an honest endeavor, have at it. I know better. And so should you.
And he does. He just keeps lying anyway.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#85654 Apr 10, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Vanity
Yes, that is ultimately the fundie problem.
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The Creator is the God of the Bible and he did send his beloved only begotten Son to suffer and die for you and me. To think we are something as compared to God, is high conceit.
Yes, that is ultimately the fundie problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Number of Louisiana towns have pit bull bans wh... Dec 22 countrylad 18
Gay marriage ruling appealed to La. Supreme Court Dec 19 KiMare 42
Jimmy Swaggart Ministries Faces New Scandal (Aug '11) Dec 18 peter 365
new orleans roads Dec 15 jimmifsu85 2
Jerry Lee Lewis sustained by brief glory Dec 13 squeezers 2
Louisiana voters decide fate of Mary Landrieu, ... Dec 12 serfs up 40
Republicans closing in on ninth Senate pickup i... Dec 7 tha Professor 100
More from around the web