Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
80,821 - 80,840 of 113,029 Comments Last updated 29 min ago
Eristotle

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
There is little faith in the systematic categorization of physical evidence. Haven't you ever been to the Museum of natural history?
Smithsonian or even attempted to learn "higher learning"?
People make such statements in light of the insurmountable evidence at hand , tend to be labeled in deficit of understanding.
Do you want to be labeled as such?
I do believe I made the same point when I commented that people shouldn't bet the farm on unproven (maybe unprovable) theories...maybe you missed it.

If there is "little faith in the systematic categorization" what good are labels?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Infinite Force wrote:
Only un-knowable to INFERIOR complexes who reject absolute truth!
This is merely your monumentally massive ego talking. You are not God. Hence you do not know what absolute truth is and I reject all your claims outright for being baseless opinions with zero evidence.
Infinite Force wrote:
The law of non-contradiction states you either accept ALL absolute truth or reject all absolute truth. THERE IS NO IN BETWEEN AND YOUR CAN ALWAYS CHANGE YOUR MIND BY CHOICE!
I have not rejected it, you simply have no knowledge of it.
Infinite Force wrote:
A person who rejects them are nothing but pieces of Sh!ts who only want things there way because absolute truth teaches EQUALITY!
If that WERE the case you wouldn't be bragging about how much of a "superior being" you are.

But you can't help being a monumentally massive hypocrite.
Infinite Force wrote:
Your sh!tty opinions donít mean nothing to me!
Good. Yours mean nothing to me though.(shrug)
Infinite Force wrote:
I know what I AM and thatís all that matters!
Yes, you are a non-superior human being making a flawed argument. Just accept that you are a flawed human just like everyone else, you are not superior, you are not God, and thus you have no idea what absolute truth is.

If you did you would have told me how many GI Joes I have by now.
Infinite Force wrote:
ABSOLUTE TRUTH IS THE LAW OF NON-CONTRADICTON!
If you say so.
Infinite Force wrote:
I CALL GOD ABSOLUTE TRUTH BECAUSE THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH!
Or the absolute truth COULD be that God doesn't exist. You have no idea.

If you're using "God" as a metaphor for your truthiness then it's pointless. If you're claiming that there's an invisible magical wizard responsible for poofing the universe into existence, you have no scientific evidence.
Infinite Force wrote:
I donít need to mention GOD name in the constitution! All I need to mention is ďthe law of non-contradictionĒ!
Absolute truth is not a religion and it ensures every one ABSOOLUTE FREEDOM!
No it doesn't. There's no such thing as absolute freedom. It's best just to stick with the relatively adequate Constitution which guarantees your current freedoms. Unless of course you hate America, in which case you can leave that country or face a VERY long and arduous battle to change the Constitution to your liking.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Dude wrote:
No they aren't. They disagree with each other.
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter they're right.
No they aren't. They disagree with each other.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy are you confused!!
Switching on or off genes is mutation
Mutating would fall under growing gills something our kind doesn't have at all.
Pointed ears or brown eyes is not a mutation. Time to go back to school.
Mutation 101, the fantastic four. X-Men
I'm not confused. I see you've constructed a straw-man of reality to knock down instead of addressing the real thing.

Good luck with that.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

KJV wrote:
Funny!
A group a people band together and profess something therefore it's true.
What a riot.
That didn't work in the old days and it doesn't work today my little monkey friend.
Actually when it comes to labels, I'm afraid that IS the case. Because they're arbitrary.

If we all decide that vehicles with four wheels are "apples" and green fruit that grown on trees are "cars" then what those people say IS true because that's what they decided. It's an arbitrary label.

Just as humans being apes is an arbitrary label, agreed upon centuries before you were born. Before Darwin was even. Humans are apes, period. Because that's what scientists have labelled those particular animals.
KJV wrote:
By the way it's time to catch up:
The earth is not the center of the universe either.
Oh I know that. It was YOU boys who threatened to hang Galileo for opposing religious dogma which stated otherwise, remember?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

KJV wrote:
Color of skin is not a mutation dude it's nothing more then a mere gene or two switching on or off.
Or extra DNA where there used to be none.
KJV wrote:
Mutations 101: see Aqua man.
Fundie caricatures are irrelevant to reality.
KJV wrote:
I do have SCIENTIFIC evidence.
GREAT! You're the first fundie ever to have this. In this case you should have no problem in explaining how Goddidit with magic passes the scientific method. Take it away, KJV:

KJV wrote:
Dude you left your brains in the bathroom this morning.
You see by definition matter can't
Exist outside the universe.

(skipped previous cut & paste for space and redundancy)
By definition humans are apes. But you reject definitions for theological reasons, so what the heck are you now bringing up definitions up for anyway?(shrug)

Now, it is possible that our universe MAY be part of a larger much greater multi-verse. In which case there are lots of other universes potentially with matter in them. Unless you want your definition of universe to include the multi-verse as being **inside** that greater universe, in which case matter cannot exist outside the universe because there IS no outside. Because ALL EXISTENCE is INSIDE. This would also include your god, if any such being or beings exist. So if there is no outside it makes little sense to ask if matter can exist outside in the first place.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
In remembering Margaret Thatcher today, she was a great world leader and a wonderful woman, in my view. May God bless her family.
She was a douche who was directly responsible for soaring unemployment rates because she didn't give a f ck about the working class. May the worms of the Earth find her more appetizing than the UK did.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
She was quite a lady! RIP ...
Psalm 14:1 KJV
King James Version
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt , they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
'God's Warrior Angel'
According to your own book there is no-one more evil than your god.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
She was a douche who was directly responsible for soaring unemployment rates because she didn't give a f ck about the working class. May the worms of the Earth find her more appetizing than the UK did.
Wow man! She must have been hard on people who were willing to totally discard traditional values or something, huh?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Our lord and saviour is the final judge of history and I believe he will smile upon those leaders who did not distort or corrupt their Christian nations from their original course. True leaders should never give into any persons who want to promote something regarded as abnormal or unacceptable from what was first rightly intended.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
Our lord and saviour is the final judge of history and I believe he will smile upon those leaders who did not distort or corrupt their Christian nations from their original course. True leaders should never give into any persons who want to promote something regarded as abnormal or unacceptable from what was first rightly intended.
so true leaders should have followed your god's lead and kept slavery?

you see...you keep forgetting that, first, your bible is a myth. and second, it is a piss-poor moral guide...
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so true leaders should have followed your god's lead and kept slavery?
you see...you keep forgetting that, first, your bible is a myth. and second, it is a piss-poor moral guide...
The English people done away with slavery many years before our geat president Lincoln did. Many Christians see slavery as wrong.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The English people done away with slavery many years before our geat president Lincoln did. Many Christians see slavery as wrong.
so those great leaders did not follow your cult's god...good thing.

so yur p[revious statement about good leaders following your god's teachings was entirely false. good to know.(i already knew it...)

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The English people done away with slavery many years before our geat president Lincoln did. Many Christians see slavery as wrong.
Is thirty years "many"?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
Not so many years:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_Abolitio...
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Is thirty years "many"?
In those days, YES...
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so those great leaders did not follow your cult's god...good thing.
so yur p[revious statement about good leaders following your god's teachings was entirely false. good to know.(i already knew it...)
Jesus Christ came to set all men free.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>As expected you have no idea what the word means.
Likewise.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, yes they did. You are not aware of this because you are ignorant of history.
Then you are a liar.

Since: Mar 09

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking about character! The solopsism, vanity, extreme self centeredness of scientists. One dare ever question their magnificence. Get a scientist to say "I'm wrong" about anything? FAT CHANCE!
Darwin was so impressed with himself that he would have been hard pressed to even to even think there was another human being of his self estimated magnitude on the face of the planet!
Yeah...becuase they study, focus and dedicate their lives for PROGRESS and advancement, not for some twit who knows ZILCH to make some smug SUnday school assertion...please, tell what part of any religion has been tossed out or retaught by MODERNIZING whatever catechismic crap your spouting off about...all relgion does is act like they never say things which have become silly to even utter, like say WHO controls the sun, or WHO controls the planets...the pure inability to self-correct, even be open to it, is relgious dogma's failure...epic failure...science is happy to REVISE and CORRECT, becuase we know it is FOR PROGRESS, not static dogmatic crap...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••