Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223360 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Mary Magdalena

United States

#84671 Apr 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>funny...you worship the same god (mythical) as the muslims... you are just a different sect of the one big happy cult!

you folks can stone gay people together in the inter-faith picnic!

what fun for the family that will be...maybe buy a couple slaves for the kids...all in your mythic al god's name, of course...

what a romp thorugh the cult of Abraham that will be!
You know what's not funny?
You and your complete lack of knowledge on the subjects being debated.

"you folks can stone gay people together in the inter-faith picnic!"

"Let he who is with out sin cast the first stone. "

This would apply to only atheist because atheist claim there is no such thing as sin. Therefore atheist are the only ones that can do the stoning.

With some people the lights are on but nobody's home, with you, I'm not even seeing the lights.

You have a nice day now mr. tick

M&M
Mary Magdalena

United States

#84672 Apr 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, cultie..there was no Noachian flood. proven fact. undebateable, not up for discussion proven to not have happened over and over agian...done.

no global flood anywhere near the time humans lived on the Earth. never happened.

you cult lied to you...again...
"no global flood anywhere near the time humans lived on the Earth. "

But you're an ape. I don't listen to apes they have all kinds of strange believes.
Apes no nothing of Humans.

M&M
Mary Magdalena

United States

#84673 Apr 4, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>You write:
"There more in the Bible."

Problem is it's all just allegorical...not a true event.

The flood has been disproven for over a hundred years.

And Moses didn't even write it.
"You write:
"There more in the Bible.""

You right it was a bad goof.
It should have read.....

"There is more in the Bible"

Thank you for your great in site on my error. The rest of what I posted I believe is error free.

M&M
Mary Magdalena

United States

#84674 Apr 4, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Who cares? Bet you a million bucks the Earth ain't flat.

Mary Magdalena wrote, " "And there was no global flood"
Oh you missed that part in the Bible?
Here I'll help you........"

No need, I caught that bit. It's still BS.(shrug)
So you've not been to North Dakota.
Don't blame you.

M&M

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#84675 Apr 4, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
"you folks can stone gay people together in the inter-faith picnic!"
"Let he who is with out sin cast the first stone. "
This would apply to only atheist because atheist claim there is no such thing as sin. Therefore atheist are the only ones that can do the stoning.
With some people the lights are on but nobody's home, with you, I'm not even seeing the lights.
You have a nice day now mr. tick
M&M
Huh? your bible clearly tells you, in the words of your mythical god, that gays should be stoned to death.

yes, your cult book has many, many contradictions in it. more proof of the mythical nature of the god your cult lied to you about.

it is truly sad how ignorant you are about your own cult. you must have been indoctrinated at a very young age...

you don't even seem to have any electricity hooked up to your cult house, let alone lights.
Mary Magdalena

United States

#84676 Apr 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ego much?
Not at all he is just stating facts.

St. Croix valley

#84677 Apr 4, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
But you're an ape. I don't listen to apes they have all kinds of strange believes.
M&M
oh dear, i am not an ape.

you really shouldn't talk about things you have absolutely no clue about. you look like a total ass when you do. like now.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#84678 Apr 4, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
"You write:
"There more in the Bible.""
You right it was a bad goof.
It should have read.....
"There is more in the Bible"
Thank you for your great in site on my error. The rest of what I posted I believe is error free.
M&M
LOL!! Wow! He made no mention of the grammatical errors contained in the post he replied to. The fact that you claim he did is quite telling. BTW... the word is "insight"
Mary Magdalena

United States

#84679 Apr 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Huh? your bible clearly tells you, in the words of your mythical god, that gays should be stoned to death.

yes, your cult book has many, many contradictions in it. more proof of the mythical nature of the god your cult lied to you about.

it is truly sad how ignorant you are about your own cult. you must have been indoctrinated at a very young age...

you don't even seem to have any electricity hooked up to your cult house, let alone lights.
More proof the mr. tick does not know what he does know and doesn't know.

"Huh? your bible clearly tells you, in the words of your mythical god, that gays should be stoned to death. "

My Bible mr. tick tell me "let he who is with out sin cast the first stone."

No Christian is with out sin so we cannot stone anyone. Atheist however claim sin doesn't exist therefore atheist can do the stoning, Not Christians.

It's all printed in black and white and in every language there is on the face ( oh my a flat earth comment!) of the earth.

M&M

St. Croix valley

#84680 Apr 4, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all he is just stating facts.
no, there are no facts in reality to back up that statement.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#84681 Apr 4, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
M&M
You are aware, are you not, that human/Neandertal hybrids actually bloody exist?
Here: http://news.discovery.com/human/evolution/nea...

Look the effing thing up!!!
Gillette

Packwood, IA

#84683 Apr 4, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
"Huh? your bible clearly tells you, in the words of your mythical god, that gays should be stoned to death. "
No Christian is with out sin so we cannot stone anyone. Atheist however claim sin doesn't exist therefore atheist can do the stoning, Not Christians.
It's all printed in black and white and in every language there is on the face ( oh my a flat earth comment!) of the earth.
M&M
Except it's not ATHEISTS who are literally burying women up to their necks in the sand and throwing rocks at them until their skulls fracture, is it? Is your close kin, the God-believing MUslims, isn't it? And it's their belief in their God's "laws" that MAKES them perpetrate this violence, isn't it?

Thank goodness we have strong enough civil law codes in the west and you Christians can't get away with this any longer, right?

By the way, this story isn't even IN the original NT manuscripts. Wonder where it came from? LOL

http://thegoodbookblog.com/2012/sep/28/does-t...

Does the Passage Belong in the Bible? The Woman Caught in Adultery (John 7:53-8:11)

By Edward W. Klink III Sep. 28, 2012
Biblical Exposition, Church Life, New Testament

John 7:53-8:11, often described as “The Passage of the Woman Caught in Adultery”(passage de adultera), is famous for several reasons. The pleasant reason is that it is one of the most dramatic displays of the grace of God in the Bible. But there is also a more difficult reason that needs to be addressed: this passage was likely not in the original version of the Gospel of John, but was added later at an undeterminable time and for an unknown reason. How should the church treat this passage?

The text-critical evidence is overwhelming: this passage was almost certainly not in the original version of the Gospel of John. This is hardly an answer, however, but an entirely new question. For nearly every contemporary Bible, even if the text is given double-brackets or italicized or given a smaller font, contains this passage, thereby declaring to today’s reader that it is part of the Gospel of John.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#84684 Apr 4, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
Then you don't deny GOD (absolute truth) existence and I will explain in depth in next quote.
God and absolute truth are not necessarily synonyms. So far there is zero evidence of the former.
Infinite Force wrote:
If you accept and build your understanding on absolute truths ONLY you would know who GOD is Mr. Agnostic who made a pseudo-scientific claim that GOD cannot be proved or disproved!
No, claiming it exists is a pseudo-scientific claim precisely BECAUSE it cannot be proved or disproved. Just like the FSM or Cosmic Sheep. You can demonstrate me wrong by providing objectively verifiable scientifically testable evidence that this "God" entity of yours even exists.

So far no-one on planet Earth is capable.
Infinite Force wrote:
Every-thing in GOD creation (nature) is absolute truths including GOD, and you can only know GOD exists by accepting, seeking, and speaking and up-holding absolute truths, NO EXCEPTIONS! Hence, to understand what an absolute truth is, this is what you must ONLY learn and accept. You reject accepting and knowing absolutes truths your thinking will reject the absolute truth (GOD), and you will NEVER know what GOD is and the choice is yours to make.
Absolute truth is knowable only to God. Which may not even exist. Both these points disqualify all your baseless "truth" claims.
Infinite Force wrote:
My premise is FLAWLESS because my understanding is founded on an absolute truth that FALSIFIES all non-absolute truths and this is what led me to the truth in understanding and knowing what absolute truth is and this is what GOD is.
I know GOD (absolute truth) ways by only accepting absolute truths in nature (nature is the creation that don’t contradict itself) and all its mysteries you don’t understand and this is why I can speak it.
In other words, to know GOD (ABOLUTE TRUTH) you must accept absolute truths only and this is how I speak in absolute truths.
Reject GOD you reject ABOLUTE TRUTH AS WELL!
I don't reject absolute truth. I reject that YOU have the slightest clue the particulars of what exactly absolute truth is.

In short, you claim to know *everything*.

But so far, you have not demonstrated you know *anything*.

How do you intend to resolve this particular problem, O Lord?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#84685 Apr 4, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And also yours.
Waiting!
You are such a dishonest wuss, Chucky.

St. Croix valley

#84686 Apr 4, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
M&M
yet in your same cult book it clearly says you can put gays to death. not every version mentions stoning verbatim...

how can your god tell you two different things?

sad that you have to lie about your own cult...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#84687 Apr 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>oh dear, i am not an ape.
you really shouldn't talk about things you have absolutely no clue about. you look like a total ass when you do. like now.
erm, you actually are.

The Great Ape family includes Gorillas, Chimps ( including bonobos), Orang-utans,(NOTE THE BLOODY SPELLING!!!!) and humans.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#84688 Apr 4, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
Your flawed scientific method can’t apply the scientific method to moral values, but mine can using a scientific method that is founded on a scientific law that is an absolute truth called “the law of non-contradiction”.
Morals are subjective which is why they cannot be determined via the scientific method. So far I've accepted your "law" of non-contradiction in principle for the moment, but as of this time it has been your undoing. This is because you have made claims which violate your own law. So far you've not addressed those flaws.
Infinite Force wrote:
This means that any law made by man to govern” human behavior”(morality) must follow this scientific law.
But they don't. In the US alone there are laws allowing the death penalty and others disallowing it. This is a contradiction. There are laws on equal rights and others preventing equal rights. This is a contradiction. And since morals are subjective anyway there is no way science can inform us whether certain actions or rules are moral.
Infinite Force wrote:
This also means if it applies to one human on planet earth it must apply to all man and woman on planet earth equally.
Newsflash - no set of laws on the entire planet meet your criteria. I guarantee you if you find just two countries, doesn't matter if they're right next to each other or on opposite sides of the world, even if their laws are most similar to each other they will NOT match 100%.
Infinite Force wrote:
This empirical biological evidence is called the “ability to choose” and this is what constitutes to right and wrong according to the law of non-contradiction.
The problem with free will is that everyone is free to disagree. Hence there is no objective method for determining the validity of subjective criteria such as laws or morals.
Infinite Force wrote:
Violate the law of non-contradiction with your behavior this is called wrong behavior! Follow the law of non-contradiction your behavior is right.
I've already demonstrated that you have violated your own rule.
Infinite Force wrote:
In other words, everyone ability to choose should be protected. This is the scientific moral law.
Then I can choose to chuck you off a cliff? If you disallow this then you are no longer protecting my right to choose.

Welcome to the stupidity that is your argument.
Infinite Force wrote:
Your science is dis-qualified and cannot formulate this scientific moral law because your science doesn’t speak on absolute truths!
Scientific moral law is an absolute truth!
Absolute truth cannot ever be determined. Since you are not God I do not necessarily reject absolute truth but I DO reject your claim to it.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#84689 Apr 4, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems you do not know the difference between a Law in science and a Law in society.
You can break a law in society, for example by stealing.
But you cannot violate a scientific law or it would not be a scientific law. You have no choice in the matter. Therefore if people are breaking your law, by definition its not a scientific law. That would be a contradiction.
Actually I already informed him that Mercury breaks the scientific law of gravity. So far he has denied this but can't explain why. He just goes babbling on about "absolute truth" as if it means a damm.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#84690 Apr 4, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another fundie who hasn't heard of the concept of irony.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#84691 Apr 4, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
M&M
All humans are apes. Including you. And it was a creationist who pointed it out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pointe Coupee man knows history (Feb '09) Feb 6 tanyabaloney 26
How to survive in Louisiana Jan '18 White Trash 4
hey black folks (Nov '15) Jan '18 White Trash 6
Jimmy Swaggart Ministries Faces New Scandal (Aug '11) Dec '17 Mason Barker 619
#1 Bisexual Dating Site in US (Sep '13) Dec '17 himoto 26
News GOP Kennedy made life tough for a Trump judicia... Dec '17 Ask The Questions 1
the good 'ole state of louisiana. pretends to b... Dec '17 thenfsuuntilyoure... 1
More from around the web