Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,996)

Showing posts 79,901 - 79,920 of106,376
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
anonymous

Barberton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That is not my business. We are in democracy.
You sure don't sound like you want to be democratic. You hit people over the head with your religious dogma every chance you get. You can't get over your obsession with declaring English a concept owned by England and you seem to have some twisted philosophy about England being a superior race "entitled" to rule over others by virtue of God's will.

As I have heard, that kind of slop is what created the modern American democracy to begin with.

Just simply give SOME kind of evidence worth considering, or go home already. I'm not here to help you test your faith. If you want to go after those liberals, do it on a political forum.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

josie23 wrote:
THE INFAMOUS RACIST EVOLUTION BIOLOGIST, ILYA IVANOV
Learn how the racist history of Darwinism is marked by deception and genetic failure. HIV is an STD of apes, chimps and monkeys.
And we are apes.
josie23 wrote:
Evolutionists assumed that blacks were closer genetically to apes
In the early days of the 20th century, some did. Turns out that this is wrong. According to the modern evolutionary synthesis all human races share the same divergence from humanity's last common ancestor as each other.
josie23 wrote:
and attempted to secretly create conception between humans and primates.
Actually you will find that the Commies tried that during WWII. They rejected Darwinian evolution in favour of Lamarck, which was one of numerous factors that eventually led to the USSR's downfall. Whereas the rest of the Western world accepted evolution and benefitted from increased crop production as a result.
josie23 wrote:
Ilya Ivanovich Ivanov, a Russian atheist biologist during the days of Stalin, tried to prove the evolution of man from apes by conducting bizarre fiendish experiments on African women and men in an attempt to create human-ape hybrids.
And they failed BECAUSE they rejected evolution, otherwise they would have known that the other great apes have been separated from humans for too long. In fact there's no evidence they had any success in their experiments whatoever.
josie23 wrote:
As a result, this atheist psuedo-science called Darwinism
Unfortunately you're arguing against a caricature. Evolution, like all sciences, is not atheistic. It makes no theological claims. Also the ACTUAL theory of evolution, now known as the modern evolutionary synthesis does in fact work. You would have found this out if you had just gone back and read a few pages, or in fact looked it up yourself and got your information from any reputable scientific sources instead of anti-reality religious apologetics sites.
josie23 wrote:
may have led to the global epidemic of HIV and AIDS throughout Africa and around the world.
Unfortunately (for you) the source of the AIDS epidemic has NOT been traced back to Soviet Russia. This is merely another piece of fantasy concocted by fundies to justify their pseudo-scientific religious beliefs.

So while you're here, if you ain't down with evolution perhaps you could provide us with your "scientific alternative" which does a better job of explaining the evidence? Thanks in advance.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> A question. Why are you hard headed?
BONG!!!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, ordered information (language) comes from an intelligent (ability to choose) originator. DNA is ordered information as well.
Then can you provide objectively verifiable testable scientific evidence of this 'creator' of yours along with the mechanisms it used?
Infinite Force wrote:
Each and every biological species has a fixed blue print.
Except it doesn't.

Otherwise we would all be clones.
Infinite Force wrote:
How do you study and learn about the laws of nature that GOD created without using your bible. Remember, GOD created nature for man to observe and learn first. So how do you observe nature and tell me what is right and wrong.
Can you please provide objectively verifiable scientific evidence that this "God" of yours even exists? So far no-one on the entire planet has been able to do that yet.

I mean it's not as if he sticks his arm down every now and then so we can perform a blood test, is it?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

CBOW wrote:
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Thank you Jesus for your sacrifice.
How does one sacrifice a God?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Again,
de pis en pis.
Stop pising all over the thread!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

michellepain wrote:
For instance, early in the voyage at Bahia in Brazil he defended and praised slavery, which I abominated, and told me that he had just visited a great slave-owner, who had called up many of his slaves and asked them whether they were happy, and whether they wished to be free, and all answered “No.” I then asked him, perhaps with a sneer, whether he thought that the answers of slaves in the presence of their master was worth anything. This made him excessively angry, and he said that as I doubted his word, we could not live any longer together."
Yeah, it was Darwin who opposed slavery by using this quote, just as I pointed out on PAGE ONE of THIS THREAD. Of course his alleged racial views, whether they be good or bad, have absolutely positively no bearing at all whatsoever on the scientific veracity of evolution, or indeed any other scientific theory.

Welcome to page 4010. Now go back and read the whole thing so you can catch up.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Page. 1

To all scientists, research scientists and national science foundation:

TOPIC DISCUSSED: A discovered flawed logic concept has been found in the scientific method and must be corrected by replacing a flawed logical concept scientist and scientific researches uses. The modified new scientific method I am proposing will validate flawlessly the integrity of the information proposed by scientist and scientific researchers to ensure scientific hypothesis, theories and scientific laws can be tested, modified and added to with new discoveries found in the scientific community. If accepted the scientific method will be officially founded on a scientific law that is validated as an absolute truth I will prove with-out doubt.

Please don’t let your emotions, prejudice, pre-conceived ideas or bias ways of thinking reject this new scientific method with no logical flaw as the current one has. This is important because this proves scientific conclusions cannot be based on interpreting physical evidence alone and must include applying the scientific method to the information proposed by all scientist and scientific researchers when explaining the physical evidence as well. This is what the previous scientific method lacks and is flawed in.
Hence, if physical evidence have a scientific method to abide by so must the information interpreted to explain the discovered information, because humans are influenced by emotions, prejudice, pre-conceived ideas or bias ways which can make there scientific conclusions flawed.

EVIDENCE PRESENTED: A greeting to all, my name is Curtis Threats and I am an Independent scientific researcher who is very concerned about the well-being of our civilization as human beings. I am an under-grad in college and I put my studies to a halt because I had difficulties excepting the information that was put out by my biology science instructor in biology 2. In Biology 1 I did well because a lot of the information that was put out by my instructor was non-contradictory with nature. I didn’t realize that I naturally applied a specific type of logic to my understanding that I soon came to discover it was not flawed but instead I discovered the scientific method has a philosophical logical flaw that influenced the scientific method that a philosopher proposed by the name of Karl Popper.

I am very naturally analytical when it comes to investigating information that tries and dis-proves a scientific conclusion I come up with to solving a problem. I discovered my scientific method of reasoning followed another philosophical view in logic that was the complete opposite of Karl Popper logical view and this is why I couldn’t accept and comprehend all the information my instructor was teaching in biology II. I cannot hold contradictory thoughts in my head because I naturally use a logic that I discovered in nature.

I have learned and can validate my method of reasoning scientifically as valid because it is constant with the mechanisms that are found in nature that governs information called the “law of non-contradictory”. Nature does not contradict its self and so must not the information you propose when explaining how nature works with your discovered empirical physical data.

Finally, I discovered why I had such a hard time accepting Bio II and halted my studies. It’s important to know that I am not religious and my scientific method is not biased or prejudice because the logical mechanism I discovered is not a man-made idea but a mechanism found in nature and explained by a philosopher with an opposing view of Karl Harper.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry mr. tick
"the bible that is full of proven lies?"
No lies.
"the one who's first message to humans is that knowledge is bad? "
Only the knowledge that the fruit of that tree would reveal.
"that bible? "
Yes the Bible of Moses.
"surely you jest, shirly."
I'm Mary
M&M
Of course it lies. The Earth ain't flat. Lizards don't talk. Neither do donkeys. And there was no global flood. Oh, and speaking of the talking lizard remember that it was the only one who didn't lie in that story.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

HOG_Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is exactly why you should have kept it to yourself.
Not everything you think is worth saying, you know.
Agreed. You should take your own advice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Page. 2 (Last Page)

This law found in how nature works is an absolute truth because nature is constant and never changes. Please here me out because this is very important for the scientific method because instead of scientist and research scientist using Karl Pepper philosophical view on logic it must be changed to Aristotle philosophical view on logic called the “the law of non-contradiction”.

Now the foundation to the scientific method is flawless when interpreting the information from any branch of science because the scientific method is universal, because now I can apply the scientific method to “INFORMATION”. This gives birth to a new science called the law of non-contradiction of information which is in fact a scientific law applied to information.

Information is observable and testable just like physical evidence found in nature so it must not be excluded as empirical evidence. With this new scientific method scientific evidence and concepts can always be tested as long as the information doesn’t violate the scientific law called the “law of non-contradiction” which is an un-deniable absolute truth discovered in nature, because reality its self is an absolute truth and this is un-deniable as well because you can’t disprove nature exist, thus making nature un-falsifiable.

Nature clearly demonstrates without doubt you can’t use to opposite definitions (information) to explain or promote the same idea because nature does not contradict itself, man does.

P.S. I will be sending this out to all scientist and scientific researchers in college universe as well.

Thank you and I hope integrity is up-held to the fullest for the sake of life as a whole and this is the oath I up-hold as an independent scientific researcher,

Curtis Threats
Independent Scientific Researcher in Environmental Science and Technology
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Bring your own Bible?
No thanks I'll bring Gods Word.
That's what the Muslims say.

Thing is that their claims aren't any more valid than yours.

In the meantime we're not interested in your apologetics. Only what you can demonstrate.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't apes ask questions?
They do.

In fact I remember one asking where his kitteh was.

It passed away.

:-(
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Let us know how that goes, Curtis. I'm sure you will be more successful than Shoob!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

IF = dingbat^2
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it lies. The Earth ain't flat. Lizards don't talk. Neither do donkeys. And there was no global flood. Oh, and speaking of the talking lizard remember that it was the only one who didn't lie in that story.
Did you know some animals like manmade music and can keep time with the beats?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Why aren't I opposite to a shark? Or to a dog? Or platypus? We cannot reproduce due to genetic divergence.
Divergence to an opposite species is a violation of the law of non-contradiction. ALL biological species are opposites and they ALWAYS been. Absolutes don’t change/diverge to opposite species.
This is a philosophical issue that science has to deal with because the current one is flawed and the other is not.

You have your scientific method using Karl Popper view on logic. VS. My scientific method uses Aristotle view on logic called the law of non-contradiction.

This argument has nothing to do with who interpretation of physical data is wrong, it’s about which method of logic is correct BECAUSE ONE IS WRONG. Basically, all the evidence you present is dis-qualified because of a flawed logic method you use to interpret data.

Thanks for the questions thou because I’m getting more precise on explaining the problem science has now. So a lot of credit goes to you also for my gain in understanding.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So the professionals are wrong and you are right? Don’t talk utter bollocks all your life, take a day off.
“are never the same”–“unique”? See below
<quoted text>
There are over 4000 words of French that the English have taken and spell identically with exactly the same meaning. Here are some you know
absent, action, danger, fruit, nation, parking, police, sabotage, train.
There I bet you never realised you were intelligent enough to know some French
Also there are over 10,000 words in French that are spelled similar with the same meaning as English. Your idiotic shout to show you “one trace” is blown out of the water with about 12% of the most commonly used English words being taken directly from and spelled the same or similar to the French
To embarrass you a little but more, a similar situation applies for German, at least 300 words are identical, and a couple of thousand similar.
Addition, aluminium (European spelling), definition, detail, idiot, radius (see latin below), religion, testament and of course one of your favourite words “god” is of 6th century German origin.
Similar for Latin
Acerbic, caper, color, deus, femina, finis, homo, opus, pollen, radius, sinister, terminus, various.
All Latin words and I am sure there are some that you can instantly recognise although a few are spelled slightly differently.
And similar for Greek but the alphabet makes it a bit more difficult for you to comprehend, here’s a few using Latin script
amphoreus, neuron, pathos
Take a speaker of medieval English to Holland or Denmark and find speaker of the medieval dialect for that country, the conversation would be for the most part seamless. This has been done several times I have seen 3 TV programmes based in this fact.
It really is time you got of this English is English hobby horse of yours, every time you are disproved you go around back to the beginning hoping for a different answer.
Foul!
Leave professionals out of this.
Answer the question. Show me where in Mainland Europe, English are spoken as first or official language? Waiting!
Elohim

Branford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Foul!
Leave professionals out of this.
Answer the question. Show me where in Mainland Europe, English are spoken as first or official language? Waiting!
Why are you so obsessed with this crap? No one cares.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So the professionals are wrong and you are right? Don’t talk utter bollocks all your life, take a day off.
“are never the same”–“unique”? See below
<quoted text>
There are over 4000 words of French that the English have taken and spell identically with exactly the same meaning. Here are some you know
absent, action, danger, fruit, nation, parking, police, sabotage, train.
There I bet you never realised you were intelligent enough to know some French
Also there are over 10,000 words in French that are spelled similar with the same meaning as English. Your idiotic shout to show you “one trace” is blown out of the water with about 12% of the most commonly used English words being taken directly from and spelled the same or similar to the French
To embarrass you a little but more, a similar situation applies for German, at least 300 words are identical, and a couple of thousand similar.
Addition, aluminium (European spelling), definition, detail, idiot, radius (see latin below), religion, testament and of course one of your favourite words “god” is of 6th century German origin.
Similar for Latin
Acerbic, caper, color, deus, femina, finis, homo, opus, pollen, radius, sinister, terminus, various.
All Latin words and I am sure there are some that you can instantly recognise although a few are spelled slightly differently.
And similar for Greek but the alphabet makes it a bit more difficult for you to comprehend, here’s a few using Latin script
amphoreus, neuron, pathos
Take a speaker of medieval English to Holland or Denmark and find speaker of the medieval dialect for that country, the conversation would be for the most part seamless. This has been done several times I have seen 3 TV programmes based in this fact.
It really is time you got of this English is English hobby horse of yours, every time you are disproved you go around back to the beginning hoping for a different answer.
Again, this is stupid. Does that makes English to be French, Latin, German, Greek and what have you?
English despite its many influences is unique to England.
And again, all languages has one or more influences.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 79,901 - 79,920 of106,376
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Louisiana Forum right now

Search the Louisiana Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Louisiana May Force Women To Read A Pamphlet Ab... 18 min Cordwainer Trout 13
Keeping French speaking alive in Acadiana Wed French 24
Jimmy Swaggart Ministries Faces New Scandal (Aug '11) Apr 20 PrivatePilot 274
#1 Bisexual Dating Site in US (Sep '13) Apr 16 Bisexual-Dating-Site 4
La. congressman rebuffs calls for his resignation Apr 14 Retired SOF 23
Fast times in Washington, La. Apr 11 Stay away 4
Bill requires mental health info before abortion Apr 9 cpeter1313 1
•••
•••