Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 197631 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#82416 Mar 23, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> May be to you.
Dreams, prophecies, revelations, etc, do work for many people.
Join the winning side, loser.
yes, dreams 'work'. they help clear our subconcious mind. nothing magic about them. no spirits which do not exist...

no prophesies have ever been shown to come true. they are hokum.

you must be three years old if yoyu believe that crap...let me guess you runa torot card and palm reading shop and dupe innocent people of their money with your lies?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#82417 Mar 23, 2013
I have said this and i am going to say it again, human's knowledge are limited.
No matter our level of intellect, intelligence and education, it will one day die with us.
Food for thought!

St. Croix valley

#82418 Mar 23, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
I have said this and i am going to say it again, human's knowledge are limited.
No matter our level of intellect, intelligence and education, it will one day die with us.
Food for thought!
yes, because there is not soul or spirit that carries on after our death.

Location hidden

#82419 Mar 23, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, dreams 'work'. they help clear our subconcious mind. nothing magic about them. no spirits which do not exist...
no prophesies have ever been shown to come true. they are hokum.
you must be three years old if yoyu believe that crap...let me guess you runa torot card and palm reading shop and dupe innocent people of their money with your lies?
A simple answer, you are an atheist. Dreams is a message from God or Satan to us.
It is one of the mediums spirits communicate with the physical or humans.

St. Croix valley

#82420 Mar 23, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> A simple answer, you are an atheist. Dreams is a message from God or Satan to us.
It is one of the mediums spirits communicate with the physical or humans.
No, no they are not. they are just the subconcious mind working.

there are no spirits.

Location hidden

#82421 Mar 23, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, because there is not soul or spirit that carries on after our death.
Foul!
The spirit or soul, must return to the creator while the flesh will return to the soil it came from.
After death is judgement.

Location hidden

#82422 Mar 23, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, no they are not. they are just the subconcious mind working.
there are no spirits.
Your opinion.

St. Croix valley

#82423 Mar 23, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Your opinion.
No the rational conclusion from all the evidence on the subject.

not one shred of evidence ever of any spirit or soul in all the history of humanity...

tons of research on the brain activity during sleep and dreams...

your wishes are just that....

Location hidden

#82424 Mar 23, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No the rational conclusion from all the evidence on the subject.
not one shred of evidence ever of any spirit or soul in all the history of humanity...
tons of research on the brain activity during sleep and dreams...
your wishes are just that....
No. Your idea of dreams, revelations, visions, prophecies, etc, is zero.
They do work in other people's lives, may be not yours.

St. Croix valley

#82425 Mar 23, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No. Your idea of dreams, revelations, visions, prophecies, etc, is zero.
They do work in other people's lives, may be not yours.
No, Chippy, they do not... if you have evidence of such, you would have already shown it.

you are lying...again...
HOG_Hand of God

Kingston, Jamaica

#82426 Mar 23, 2013
I WOULD LIKE YOU ALL TO PAY ATTENTION TO THIS POST.

You might not understand its import now, but it shall be one of the most crucial points in future debates, even ones beyond our humble forum right here.

Please evaluate the response posted by one "Subduction Zone" and use it for future reference:
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I do not believe your nonsense in the first place it is ridiculous to expect me to look for your evidence. Talk about being hypocritical...
Notice that even though the context and the situation that was being responded to is not immediately clear, THE EXPRESSION IMPLIES:

1. that the subject identifies *BELIEF* that/in a thing, as a prerequisite for seeking knowledge in the form of evidence of/for that thing;

St. Croix valley

#82427 Mar 23, 2013
HOG_Hand of God wrote:
You might not understand its import now, but it shall be one of the most crucial points in future debates, even ones beyond our humble forum right here.
Please evaluate the response posted by one "Subduction Zone" and use it for future reference:
<quoted text>
Notice that even though the context and the situation that was being responded to is not immediately clear, THE EXPRESSION IMPLIES:
1. that the subject identifies *BELIEF* that/in a thing, as a prerequisite for seeking knowledge in the form of evidence of/for that thing;
Actually it implies that without any real evidence, the issue is not worthy of even a hypothesis...just like all this mumbo jumbo about gods and souls and spirits...

St. Croix valley

#82428 Mar 23, 2013
HOG_Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it a tad presumptuous of you to use the moniker hand of God?(and possibly blasphemous?)

do you think you speak for a god of some kind?(perhaps blasphemous isn't as correct os delerious...)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#82429 Mar 23, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
OHHhh.....I see.....Aliens!
Am I right?? LOL
I think I saw that on the History channel.

°.O

Location hidden

#82430 Mar 23, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, Chippy, they do not... if you have evidence of such, you would have already shown it.
you are lying...again...
Wrong!
Don't use your beliefs to judge reality. Dreams, prophecies, revelations, etc, do work.
Gillette

Packwood, IA

#82431 Mar 23, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty good logic, only that the continents submerged under the weight of the water and resurfaced after the num of days recorded by Noah. Stand upon the edges of the broken crustal basalts @ the Great Unconformity and fear miss. I have.
Nutjob nonsense.

Where is FossilBob when we need him? LOL

FossilBob is a professional geologist and teacher of geology at U of Indiana who recently retired. He has been spending much less time here on Topix, but his mission here on Topix was to expose and teach and embarrass YEC Christians who make silly claims like this.

Perhaps we can find him and direct him here.

Your inane "Biblical" nonsense won't play in conversation with a REAL geologist!

Location hidden

#82432 Mar 23, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, Chippy, they do not... if you have evidence of such, you would have already shown it.
you are lying...again...
You have no evidence either.
More of your assertions?
anonymous

Barberton, OH

#82433 Mar 23, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong!
Don't use your beliefs to judge reality. Dreams, prophecies, revelations, etc, do work.
Dang, but that's complete gibberish!

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#82434 Mar 23, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You can give it any names, FSM, Aliens, etc.
But you or any one else can never rule out the possible existence of immortals.
These immortals would imply that there is an alternate reality or universe. That our world and universe is not purely natural.

What evidence do you have for your belief?

What made you even think of this possibility of immortals?
anonymous

Barberton, OH

#82435 Mar 23, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Hogwash!
I have been asking this question, how did the universe came into form, since we all know that, it was never a man made or mortal thing?
Ruling out the possibility of immortals or immortality is totally wrong or un-called for.
How did the universe come into form? That's completely unanswerable. The scope of the question is completely unanswerable. The details of the question are completely unanswerable. My assumption is that the more you DO know, the more you just DON'T know.

What every atheist out there is asking is: "Who the heck are you to assume that you know anything about ANYthing regarding creation?" All you have is whacko-doodle voices in your head....And those voices exhibit a toxic prejudice that reveals far more about you than god.

You're in WAY above your head, and pure force of will doesn't mean doo-doo in this scenario.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 164 days to election, 51 days to Cleveland, 58 ... 4 hr Three Psyche 14
Jimmy Swaggart Ministries Faces New Scandal (Aug '11) May 23 Anonymous 517
News Number of Louisiana towns have pit bull bans wh... (Dec '14) May 22 Demosthenes Washi... 23
News Republicans pander to anti-Muslim bigotry (Sep '15) May 21 Three Days 44
hey black folks (Nov '15) May 20 HairFlippin-Smirker 2
News Analysis: La. budget problems show up in abortiona May 8 cpeter1313 1
The Moron,john bell edwards May 8 n5tbu 1
More from around the web