Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223366 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#79672 Mar 8, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>If the average was 35 years there would still be lots of people involved.
Um, do you know anything about math, biology, or genetics? Anything at all? Well, anything beyond 12th grade?

If you factor in the optimal lifespan for every era and start with 8 people, we'd be extinct by about 100 years after such a bottleneck. Human genetic diversity was ever that great, if we were reduced to 8 people, even with today's technology, we'd go extinct, especially if all 8 people were directly related.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#79673 Mar 8, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we've presented plenty of evidence.
Not once is it addressed.
Which again is why I want them to understand the concept of scientific evidence.

No takers on lessons yet.

Heck, I will even do it via private messages.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#79674 Mar 8, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
target?...sorry dude...I don't think in those terms...I only think in terms of truth.
Yeah, of course. Except for the fact you're a hypocrite.(shrug)

Remember, "Truth" is subjective. Which is why all religions lay claim to it.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#79675 Mar 8, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it is an EPIC failure on your part. Since all you can do is gloat about how you know something about God that we don't but are unable to show it. So we just laugh and point out you're fullocrap.(shrug)
the truth is dude...me being a failure to you and your kind, is the highest compliment you can pay me... thank you.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#79676 Mar 8, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Where and when??
G O O G L E. it

Langoliers

Location hidden

#79677 Mar 8, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Many years after birth, sure. Then they died during the flood. Unless, as I said, the Ark was a Galaxy class starship. So far you have not actually confirmed or denied that. Nor postulated a solution for the few problems with the global flood scenario that I pointed out.
Can't confirm it, the ship appears to be in hiding.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#79678 Mar 8, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Highly unlikely.
Why, is there a problem?
No, no problem, thanks for your reply.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#79679 Mar 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Not the subject of discussion, but nice dodge anyway.

So does ice float in your world?
Floats in what. Ice floats in most water but will sink in a lake when the ice goes "out" happens every spring. So ice does sink also.

Everett, WA

#79680 Mar 8, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Floats in what. Ice floats in most water but will sink in a lake when the ice goes "out" happens every spring. So ice does sink also.
LOL. No. Clearly you are a southerner, or live nowhere near a lake.

Best laugh of the day Langy.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#79681 Mar 8, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we've presented plenty of evidence.
Not once is it addressed.
ah, if only that steady state theory had held up...you might have something present as real evidence.

that be a shame for sure. lol

Everett, WA

#79682 Mar 8, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
ah, if only that steady state theory had held up...you might have something present as real evidence.
WTF?

Clearly you don't know what you are talking about.

Why do you think that cosmology is part of the evolution debate?

Langoliers

Location hidden

#79683 Mar 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. No. Clearly you are a southerner, or live nowhere near a lake.

Wrong and Wrong.

I live in Minnesota and on a lake.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#79684 Mar 8, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
No, ice always floats on water. This is because of the water displacement, which is pretty much the same reason any ship in tact will also float. However due to the weight of the ice, most of it will be underwater, but there will always be some above water. Ice displaces water because of it's molecular structure, when the water is frozen the molecules will arrange into a very uniform pattern, because of the valence of the atoms, which is also why water expands when frozen. The empty space between the atoms is too small for water to pass though, so it displaces the water.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#79685 Mar 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. No. Clearly you are a southerner, or live nowhere near a lake.

You can ask woodtick about that. LOL

Everett, WA

#79686 Mar 8, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You can ask woodtick about that. LOL
We are both from Minnesota and know that ice floats.

So, does ice float in your world? It does in mine.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#79687 Mar 8, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't confirm it, the ship appears to be in hiding.
And I thought they gave up that cloaking device to Starfleet R&D.
FREE SERVANT
#79688 Mar 8, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, do you know anything about math, biology, or genetics? Anything at all? Well, anything beyond 12th grade?
If you factor in the optimal lifespan for every era and start with 8 people, we'd be extinct by about 100 years after such a bottleneck. Human genetic diversity was ever that great, if we were reduced to 8 people, even with today's technology, we'd go extinct, especially if all 8 people were directly related.
They were not like us, they were superhumans to begin with.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#79689 Mar 8, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It has held up.

It has held up in science tests.

It has held up in court.

It has even held up here.

Since you uh, still haven't been able to address it yet.(shrug)

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#79690 Mar 8, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That last question are met for you and others. You all have no evidence to disprove the Almighty. The universe is a testimony to that!
Charles, I have admitted that we have no *direct* evidence that God is not real.

What we do have however is powerful and true circumstantial evidence that the whole thing is merely myth, and it is very strong evidence. It is evidence that you apparently refuse to look at or acknowledge.

We can, with scientific evidence that can be looked at and repeated, show you science that disproves the very foundational stories of your holy book.

I ask why you keep coming to this forum because I don't understand what the attraction is to you. You know you are going to get slammed by the atheist and freethinker crowd that congregates here. Almost daily you are called names. You never present any data to back up your position.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#79691 Mar 8, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF?
Clearly you don't know what you are talking about.
Why do you think that cosmology is part of the evolution debate?
Ah, my mistake. I assumed she was referring to biology and missed the part where she mentioned steady-state. In that case I'm not sure what point she's trying to make either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
#1 Bisexual Dating Site in US (Sep '13) 11 hr bbw dating 33
State Troopers May 15 BigCountry318 1
Jimmy Swaggart Ministries Faces New Scandal (Aug '11) May 9 Jann41 623
News Louisiana man convicted of attempted manslaught... May 5 FreeTurtle 1
News Louisiana International Film Festival kicks off... Apr '18 Enter Usernameasd... 1
News Lawyers: Prosecutors withheld evidence of teen'... Apr '18 Vincent 5
News Longtime St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's employee ... Apr '18 Calvin41 1