Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223290 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#79131 Mar 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You are equivalent to the consciousness of a rock.
yet i seem to destroy each and every songle one of your hippy-dippy, new-age mystical bullshit theories with a mere flick of the logical wrist...

hmmmm...

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#79132 Mar 6, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have an obsession with magic, I leave that to creationists.
hehe You can't use the scientific method to disprove said "magic" so I'll continue to enjoy it.

“what we think we become”

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#79133 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>What is that reason?(this should be fun...)
birth, rebirth, awakening, seeking

above and beyond

#79134 Mar 6, 2013
I have to run, towards the West now...

St. Croix valley

#79135 Mar 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
that's why the Earth spins to the East? really? birth of what?

above and beyond

#79136 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet i seem to destroy each and every songle one of your hippy-dippy, new-age mystical bullshit theories with a mere flick of the logical wrist...
hmmmm...
you're a joke that no one takes seriously

Location hidden

#79137 Mar 6, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>If you had been paying attention to my posts you would no that I have neither the desire, or need to.

01Justsayin wrote, "Until you can do that, you have no right whatsoever to tell me that my beliefs are wrong. Having a differing opinion doth not make you right. "

In the case of theology, I agree. On matters of science, I disagree. And I would be right. The reason being that we can use science to back ourselves up.

So all in all it depends on what your beliefs are and how far they go. Strictly scientifically speaking I cannot tell you that your belief in a God is wrong. I CAN tell you that a belief in Adam and Eve (if you happened to have such) is wrong. Unless of course Adam and Eve turn out to be not the progenitors of the human race but merely part of an already present population.
You're a cool cat.

St. Croix valley

#79138 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
hehe You can't use the scientific method to disprove said "magic" so I'll continue to enjoy it.
What magic? there is no magic as yet ever shown to have happened.

are you refering to future magic that may or may not ever happen?

St. Croix valley

#79139 Mar 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
What about Venus and uranus?

Location hidden

#79140 Mar 6, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>In order for me to test that you need to come up with a testable hypothesis for (a) God. Can you?

01Justsayin wrote, "Until then, I don't need a science lesson or a lesson on the English language. Thank you all the same. "

You're welcome. If you post here you will get it anyway. Such is the nature of this thread.
A science lesson? Nah. I'm good. Does such a testable hypothesis even exist for God? Which is purely my point. That the scientific method can neither prove or disprove the existence of God. With that being said, I see no point in debating science as it relates to God himself. Thou art a masterful quoter, though. Worthy of an award.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#79141 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Buddha was a real human. his divinity or achieving enlightenment is what is mythical.
Ah, his divinity mythical, perhaps. But not all Buddhists worship Buddha as divine. He is just a teacher. Enlightenment on the other hand is merely a state of mind.

Location hidden

#79142 Mar 6, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>No worries, I'm rarely offended on here.
Yay you!

St. Croix valley

#79143 Mar 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
you're a joke that no one takes seriously
Still on the name calling...like i said, it's been a long time.

You really should run to the west now...
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#79144 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You are entitled to your belief just like the rest of us. However having your own doesn't make that of others incorrect. Especially when you can't use the scientific method to disprove it.
I haven't mentioned any beliefs on my part. And I keep telling you that I don't have to disprove non-scientific concepts.
01Justsayin wrote:
The u.s. public school system is a joke. That's another conversation altogether.
Perhaps. However the specifics that's relevant to this thread is the constant attack on public school education by fundamentalist creationists wishing to illegally insert religious apologetics. That is something us mean old evo's have an issue with.

Location hidden

#79145 Mar 6, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, the old atheist/theist "conundrum". Personally I find it irrelevant.

That seems to frustrate some of the fundies around here though.
Believing in God does not make me a fundie. Never once have I thumped my Bible. I hardly find that statement irrelevant when it is at the core of the differing opinions. It's the opinions on the matter that I see no point in arguing over.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#79146 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>many very intelligent and well educated people have some from the US public school system. they cannot fix stupid, though...
Actually we can, or at least minimize it, with education.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#79147 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a cool cat.
The Dude abides.

;-)

Location hidden

#79148 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Absolute, non-sequiter.

why would an 'enlightened' person believe something there is no evidence at all for? seems rather unenlighted, by definition, really.

don't worry, i don't expect a serious answer from you. you seem to have hit your limit of discussion. you should just put it on a taped loop...

or you could surprise me...
Aren't you a funny one? The only thing I keep repeating is that the scientific method cannot be used to prove or disprove the existence of God. That's just fact. The differing opinions on said fact do not make it any more or less factual. We each see the world through our own eyes. However facts are absolute. My only problem, then, is when people misrepresent their own opinion for absolute truth. Thereby condemning any and everyone whose opinions are contrary to their own. That's not enlightenment at all. That's something altogether different.

St. Croix valley

#79149 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Believing in God does not make me a fundie. Never once have I thumped my Bible. I hardly find that statement irrelevant when it is at the core of the differing opinions. It's the opinions on the matter that I see no point in arguing over.
your Bible? i thought you weren't a part of any organized religion..

hmmm...

sounds just like all the others i mentioned previously who claim to be independent, but really aren't.

any other of your claims that are going to turn out to be false also?

Location hidden

#79150 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>many very intelligent and well educated people have some from the US public school system. they cannot fix stupid, though...
Lol Now you are an expert on the u.s. public school system? Apologies. I wasn't aware. While it is true that many well educated people have been a part of the system, that doesn't make the system itself any more or less corrupt. The fact that they made it at all reflects more upon the individual rather than the system itself. If you believe that the system is not flawed, then you obviously haven't seen, read, heard the news lately. Living under a rock are we, troglodyte?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to survive in Louisiana Jan 1 White Trash 4
hey black folks (Nov '15) Jan 1 White Trash 6
Jimmy Swaggart Ministries Faces New Scandal (Aug '11) Dec 31 Mason Barker 619
#1 Bisexual Dating Site in US (Sep '13) Dec 27 himoto 26
News GOP Kennedy made life tough for a Trump judicia... Dec 21 Ask The Questions 1
the good 'ole state of louisiana. pretends to b... Dec 20 thenfsuuntilyoure... 1
News Illegal Alien and Three Other Men Arrested for ... Nov '17 genese 1
More from around the web