Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
74,521 - 74,540 of 115,154 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#79067 Mar 6, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>And what? You asked a question. I answered it. What do you want?
What do I want? From you personally? lol Nothing.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#79068 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. I don't believe that God and science are mutually exclusive. Nor do I see the point in debating my opinions. Until you can use the scientific method to disprove the existence of God, then I will carry on thinking thusly.
And I see that we Justsayin and I cross posted and it looks like he confirmed my previous post.

I have no interest in disproving the existence of god. I can show that your personal beliefs are wrong.

Do you understand the difference between the two?

Location hidden

#79069 Mar 6, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>You're going 'round the bend. Please show me where I said one damn thing about disproving a god. I think you're listening to the voices in your head a bit too much.
So I have voices in my head now? lol That's a new one. Not intending to go round any bend. How can you say something doesn't exist when you can't use the scientific method to prove that it doesn't? All you can do is state your opinion on the matter.

Location hidden

#79070 Mar 6, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly.
Totally agree

Location hidden

#79071 Mar 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you.
You're welcome?

Location hidden

#79072 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>but we can use it to show that the creation myth is wrong. it just doesn't match up with the real world facts...
I won't debate that. I really see no point in it.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#79073 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but you didn't quote what I said afterward. You just took a snippet and ran with it.
Likely because that was freakin AFTERWARDS!
01Justsayin wrote:
What am I running away from exactly?
Your
own
words

Get it yet?

Seffner, FL

#79074 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So your standpoint is that I am not wrong?
About which?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#79075 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't debate that. I really see no point in it.
yes, i'm sure you don't. it would be an objective look at the facts in the issue. and those facts would show that the religious cults are pushing a lie. the whole concept of the god you believe in is based on those lies.

yes, i can certainly see why you wouldn't want to look at that objectively, as you stated people should do...

Seffner, FL

#79076 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So I have voices in my head now? lol That's a new one. Not intending to go round any bend. How can you say something doesn't exist when you can't use the scientific method to prove that it doesn't? All you can do is state your opinion on the matter.
OK, you're a freaking loony. I haven't said one damn thing about proving or disproving any god. Why do you keep harping on this?

Location hidden

#79077 Mar 6, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>Likely because that was freakin AFTERWARDS!

01Justsayin wrote, "What am I running away from exactly? "

Your
own
words

Get it yet?
*shakes head* This is a complete waste of time. Kindly show me the words I am supposedly running away from so we can address this once and for all.

Location hidden

#79078 Mar 6, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>About which?
*sighs* In believing in a God whose existence cannot be disproven using the scientific method.

Location hidden

#79079 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, i'm sure you don't. it would be an objective look at the facts in the issue. and those facts would show that the religious cults are pushing a lie. the whole concept of the god you believe in is based on those lies.

yes, i can certainly see why you wouldn't want to look at that objectively, as you stated people should do...
Lol Crafty little bugger aren't you? I have no problem looking at them objectively. I've spent my whole life seeking the truth. Whether God exists or not can neither be proven or disproven using the Bible since people believed in him (or something) before the Bible was ever written. The fact still remains you cannot disprove the existence of God using the scientific method.

Location hidden

#79080 Mar 6, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>OK, you're a freaking loony. I haven't said one damn thing about proving or disproving any god. Why do you keep harping on this?
Because that is what the entire atheist/theist conundrum is based upon. The fact that the scientific method can neither prove or disprove the existence of God. By all means, formulate your own opinion. But having your own opinion doesn't automatically make mine wrong.

Seffner, FL

#79081 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
*shakes head* This is a complete waste of time. Kindly show me the words I am supposedly running away from so we can address this once and for all.
I've already posted them. Your comments on not wanting facts or evidence. Can you remember that far back? Sheesh!

Seffner, FL

#79082 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
*sighs* In believing in a God whose existence cannot be disproven using the scientific method.
No, you are not wrong in believing in a higher power. I simply don't share it. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.

Feel better now?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#79083 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol Crafty little bugger aren't you? I have no problem looking at them objectively. I've spent my whole life seeking the truth. Whether God exists or not can neither be proven or disproven using the Bible since people believed in him (or something) before the Bible was ever written. The fact still remains you cannot disprove the existence of God using the scientific method.
not crafty at all. i use logic.

we can disprove the existence of the god in the christian bible by showing that the myth is based on lies.

Your posting style is familiar, who did you post under before jan. 13?

Seffner, FL

#79084 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that is what the entire atheist/theist conundrum is based upon.
Not everyone falls into those two categories.
01Justsayin wrote:
The fact that the scientific method can neither prove or disprove the existence of God.
So what? You seem to think that was science is out to do. It is not.
01Justsayin wrote:
By all means, formulate your own opinion. But having your own opinion doesn't automatically make mine wrong.
Again, you're putting words in my mouth. Is that what you have to do to convince yourself you're right?

Location hidden

#79085 Mar 6, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>I've already posted them. Your comments on not wanting facts or evidence. Can you remember that far back? Sheesh!
Lol It's so funny how easily you get agitated. Seriously. They make meds for that. Can you use the scientific method to disprove the existence of God? If not, then I don't see any reason to believe differently.

Location hidden

#79086 Mar 6, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>No, you are not wrong in believing in a higher power. I simply don't share it. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.

Feel better now?
Yay! Now we're beginning to sound like enlightened people.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Louisiana Senate race: Yes, Landrieu's vulnerab... Aug 22 Har 4
Jimmy Swaggart Ministries Faces New Scandal (Aug '11) Aug 19 Debbie 332
Report: Central La. needs improved access to me... Aug 10 humanSpirit 1
Crape myrtle bark scale hits the Alexandria area Aug 10 guest 2
Alexandria sting results in 17 arrests on solic... Aug 4 DUH 20
What the 2015 Louisiana governor candidates are... Aug 2 abe 1
Wedding: Carlos Bastida & Ashley Romero Aug 1 Lisaseymour 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••