Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
72,781 - 72,800 of 114,433 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be agnostic:
ag·nos·tic\ag-ˈnäs-tik,əg -\
noun
1 : a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god
2 : a person who is unwilling to commit to an opinion about something <political agnostics>
"I know that I know nothing"

-Socrates

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Gnosticism refers to knowledge while Theism refers to belief. Atheism is a lack of belief in a god, not an assertion of non-existence.
Another well known atheist Stephen Hawking: "There is no God...There is no heaven"

I would say that this would definitely qualify as an assertion of non-existence.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
Another well known atheist Stephen Hawking: "There is no God...There is no heaven"
I would say that this would definitely qualify as an assertion of non-existence.
I agree that some who are atheists assert the non-existence of gods. Do you have a point?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet.
Big word, there.
Big word for science.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Science can not correct your statements. It strives.;p
There are a lot of theories, but suppose we figure it out, uh science figures it out, then you will still owe us the answers to the theological questions about the dinosaurs!
Science can not answer the given question. Period.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that some who are atheists assert the non-existence of gods. Do you have a point?
Just addressing your statement that atheism "is lack of belief in a god, not an assertion of non-existence."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not an answer, you just made more assertions and presented no evidence to support them. You are a liar then.
Irony!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Chip, Chip, Chip...for the umpteenth time, that is not irony. Do no use words you do not understand....
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Religous people say evolution cant happen because something cant come from nothing. So how did something come from a nothing god? I mean is this. Who created god if all thinsg need a creator who created god??????Maybe we should worship grand god or super god....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
Chip, Chip, Chip...for the umpteenth time, that is not irony. Do no use words you do not understand....
True!
You are indeed talking to yourself.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

sickofit, use new and improved ULTRA-GOD!!! Wipes away all your theological conundrums with no scrubbing of buffing. Order now and you'll get our trinity package of three ULTRA-GODS in one!*

order now, operators have been, and always will be standing by...

(*Offer void in Mecca and Tel-Aviv.)

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

So Chaz, what other things do you pst that you do not understand? Everything? You'v clearly shown your lack of knowledge of the religion you profess to believe in and adhere to...anything you want to look foolish about?
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
sickofit, use new and improved ULTRA-GOD!!! Wipes away all your theological conundrums with no scrubbing of buffing. Order now and you'll get our trinity package of three ULTRA-GODS in one!*
order now, operators have been, and always will be standing by...
(*Offer void in Mecca and Tel-Aviv.)
Now that is funny...LOL

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be a gnostic atheist.

There are different types of atheist.

An agnostic atheist would be somebody who doesn't claim to know there is no god, but doesn't believe that there is one.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

sickofit wrote:
Religous people say evolution cant happen because something cant come from nothing. So how did something come from a nothing god? I mean is this. Who created god if all thinsg need a creator who created god??????Maybe we should worship grand god or super god....
It's gods all the way down.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty: "It's gods all the way down."...

Turtle denier!
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
Well before you can read the tanakh you should work on being an atheist.
Freservant:
Ecclesiastes 1:9 "The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun."
Solomon, with the guidance of the Spirit of God, is telling you that those things that have happened before, will happen again. It is important that you understand this. There is no new idea or thing that can happen to man that has not already happened to man.
>>Remember that "under the sun" in in reference to "this flesh body of man".
FREESERVANT WROTE: Very good insight. The natural circuit is another term for cycles in all of creation.
FOR THE SEASONS, or seven circumambulations and a handy explanation to f.i. keep the flood at bay.(Someone should notify KAB.)
Just bringing it to the fore, so you will never forget that "UNDER THE SUN" references "THIS FLESH BODY OF MAN".
But oscillation does not feature much, a bit in moonphases.
There is really nothing new. Everything is just reproduced by cyclic patterned systems. Patterns are shown and followed.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

The Gnostics, Aerobatty? Isn't that another of the christian sects that were wiped from the face of the Earth by this loving, peaceful, non-inherently-divisive religion?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>There is really nothing new. Everything is just reproduced by cyclic patterned systems. Patterns are shown and followed.
Dave?

Is that you?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
Aerobatty: "It's gods all the way down."...
Turtle denier!
I'm an aturtleist.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Louisiana Forum right now

Search the Louisiana Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Jimmy Swaggart Ministries Faces New Scandal (Aug '11) 18 hr Debbie 332
Report: Central La. needs improved access to me... Aug 10 humanSpirit 1
Crape myrtle bark scale hits the Alexandria area Aug 10 guest 2
Alexandria sting results in 17 arrests on solic... Aug 4 DUH 20
What the 2015 Louisiana governor candidates are... Aug 2 abe 1
Wedding: Carlos Bastida & Ashley Romero Aug 1 Lisaseymour 1
#1 Bisexual Dating Site in US (Sep '13) Aug 1 bidatingnow 8
•••
•••