Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
72,681 - 72,700 of 114,781 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And there are many atheist buddhists.
I believe you mis-understand the concepts of Buddhism pertaining to "atheism"...

Most "atheist" Buddhists do not believe they evolve from un-intelligent goo...

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> If truly you are not an agnost, don't judge others .
If you don't know, God's existence is beyond scientific understanding.
Judging is only human...we all do it.
Do you have issues with judgements-calls!
I thought you couldn't wait for the big rapture.

God is spirit..how would you know jesus had returned?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, the whole "worship" thing is one of the first things that started me on the road to atheism.
It never made sense to me that some supposedly perfect, all powerful being would require worship.
That just struck me as a very vain and egotistical thing to require. It made the god I was supposed to believe in seem petty and more akin to an ego-maniacal human than any kind of supreme being.
From there, it was just a matter of time before the god of the bible, and any god for that matter, became matters of pure fiction for me-much like Santa Claus.
worshiping in essence, is just showing deep respect....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, the whole "worship" thing is one of the first things that started me on the road to atheism.
It never made sense to me that some supposedly perfect, all powerful being would require worship.
That just struck me as a very vain and egotistical thing to require. It made the god I was supposed to believe in seem petty and more akin to an ego-maniacal human than any kind of supreme being.
From there, it was just a matter of time before the god of the bible, and any god for that matter, became matters of pure fiction for me-much like Santa Claus.
That would indeed be religion.
Never really saw the point either.
I consider it more a cultural phenomenon.
Nevertheless i'm thankfull for free choice and for the ability to give my own meaning to life.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you mis-understand the concepts of Buddhism pertaining to "atheism"...
your kidding, are you now imposing your standards on all buddhists?

Atheism is a roman concept. Well being jewish you would have the honorary titles of : atheist, heretic, pagan.
So i basicly wipe my shoes on this kind of racism.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
worshiping in essence, is just showing deep respect....
Another attribution.
Why shouldn't f.i. joy fit the bill.
Or a feeling of sharing.

Football fans feel the same towards their idols.
They've just learned that church is putting the solemn face on.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is a roman concept. Well being jewish you would have the honorary titles of : atheist, heretic, pagan.
racism?...lol...what?
IRVINE

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Judging is only human...we all do it.
Do you have issues with judgements-calls!
I thought you couldn't wait for the big rapture.
God is spirit..how would you know jesus had returned?
God is a Spirit and Jesus is now seated at his right hand and he and his father are one. When Jesus returns,I believe he will have a body just as he had when he ascended into heaven. Jesus has a glorified body.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Well before you can read the tanakh you should work on being an atheist.

Freservant:
Ecclesiastes 1:9 "The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun."
Solomon, with the guidance of the Spirit of God, is telling you that those things that have happened before, will happen again. It is important that you understand this. There is no new idea or thing that can happen to man that has not already happened to man.

>>Remember that "under the sun" in in reference to "this flesh body of man".
FREESERVANT WROTE: Very good insight. The natural circuit is another term for cycles in all of creation.

FOR THE SEASONS, or seven circumambulations and a handy explanation to f.i. keep the flood at bay.(Someone should notify KAB.)

Just bringing it to the fore, so you will never forget that "UNDER THE SUN" references "THIS FLESH BODY OF MAN".

But oscillation does not feature much, a bit in moonphases.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
...and what standards was I imposing?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

IRVINE wrote:
<quoted text>God is a Spirit and Jesus is now seated at his right hand and he and his father are one. When Jesus returns,I believe he will have a body just as he had when he ascended into heaven. Jesus has a glorified body.
So if we see a shiny alien...
Reminds me of that song: what if god was one of us, just a stranger on the bus.

That is how revelation is actually meant. You are to make whole, heal=make holy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
racism?...lol...what?
Eh! Yes.
One moment you are just being your usual panENtheistic henotheistic self, and the next moment they are discriminating you and burning you and your books.

Racists make it up as they go along...well known fact.

On a serious note, read the churchfathers and their discussions.

Since: Feb 13

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Christianity is all about money all they want is your money every church you go to they will ask you to make money donations am tell you it's for the church or some charity but they keep a lot of the money for themselves. Ever been to a preachers house? They have nice big houses nice clothes expensive things, why? Because you idiotic. Christians just throw money at them hoping that will get you into a place of eternal happiness which by the way doesn't exist. Ever notice how every Christian is either a criminal of some sort, a child predator, or someone who had a really bad childhood. They think praying will make everything better for them an some will have there stories how they triumphed over everything bad by having faith in The Lord but no god didn't help them god didn't help you he's not real. If you tell yourself your going to do something over and over and over again (I.e praying) then eventually it will happen its like setting a goal for yourself. It's you that's helping yourself not an "all loving, homosexual hating man in the sky"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
...and what standards was I imposing?
That they all need a creator* because they like a clean place to put their prostrated body, so goo-ists ideas are out.

*I go by a crater with hot pool on the continent and Montmorillion soil.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
The basic Buddhist concept of the Universe is one of a intrinsical natural intelligence...

...not to be confused with modern day materialist atheism.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> What about dinosaurs?
Just try another road. No one can rule out the existence of spirits, God is a spirit.
What about dinosaurs?

Are you claiming they're not real?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> What about dinosaurs?
Just try another road. No one can rule out the existence of spirits, God is a spirit.
Oh gosh, almost forgot the first believers!
Four braincells.
One braincell to eat or not, one to kill or run, one to sex or get confused and one for god or not!

So Charles how do you know what dinosaurs believed?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

TaylorChristineCreations wrote:
Christianity is all about money all they want is your money every church you go to they will ask you to make money donations am tell you it's for the church or some charity but they keep a lot of the money for themselves. Ever been to a preachers house? They have nice big houses nice clothes expensive things, why? Because you idiotic. Christians just throw money at them hoping that will get you into a place of eternal happiness which by the way doesn't exist. Ever notice how every Christian is either a criminal of some sort, a child predator, or someone who had a really bad childhood. They think praying will make everything better for them an some will have there stories how they triumphed over everything bad by having faith in The Lord but no god didn't help them god didn't help you he's not real. If you tell yourself your going to do something over and over and over again (I.e praying) then eventually it will happen its like setting a goal for yourself. It's you that's helping yourself not an "all loving, homosexual hating man in the sky"
Did we have gay dinosaurs?

We best leave these theological issues to Charles.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
What about dinosaurs?
Are you claiming they're not real?
Talk about serendipidous epiphanies.

Immediate schism.;p

Ofcourse they were real.
The question is whether they were good believers.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

TaylorChristineCreations wrote:
Well put, though I disagree with your assertion that every Christian is a criminal...etc.

I think you know that that's not true and I know I hate it when christians say that all atheists are immoral, hateful, angry, etc.

I try to apply the golden rule better than christians do.

It's usually not all that difficult.

Funny aside.

When I grew up, the golden rule was "Treat others the way they treat you".

I was like, "Ok. Cool."

It wasn't until my later years that it morphed to "Treat others as you'd like to be treated".

Somebody finally figured it out. Still doesn't seem to work that way here, though.

Unless, of course, christians here WANT to be treated like fools.

Ok.

I guess that wasn't THAT funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••