Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Jan 6, 2011, Best of New Orleans story titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#77140 Feb 22, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>'WHAT'?

;p
What part is "What"

Fun watching you back peddle and squirm to try and pull your feet out of your mouth.

SZ wrote:
"By the way, if you need to go to a dictionary to define a word, you have usually already lost the debate."

My reply:
Ok so from now on you'll just take my word for it then?

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#77141 Feb 22, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Likewise
thewordofme wrote:
OK what's up with the Nibiru, planet X stuff. That's about as true as Moses and the Exodus....Not..:-)
Yes I can see where someone like you could confuse "Nibiru, planet X stuff. " with the Bible.
Go Figure!
Ah finally.
All of this nonsense because of proving how some can't translate akkadian properly and how others can't translate hebrew.

DOLTS

Location hidden

#77142 Feb 22, 2013
Cybele wrote:
MAAT, that's interesting. It happens all the time.
Laughing...talk about the timing in posting that remark!

But indeed, but the remark on sagesity is very relevant. So aware and observant and allready having some knowledge in your backpack would make coincidences happen more regularly.

Location hidden

#77143 Feb 22, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
What part is "What"
Fun watching you back peddle and squirm to try and pull your feet out of your mouth.
SZ wrote:
"By the way, if you need to go to a dictionary to define a word, you have usually already lost the debate."
My reply:
'WHAT'

Location hidden

#77144 Feb 22, 2013
Hey, lango, if you manage to use the word 'what' three times in a row as comment, than that is your word/handle.

It is a joke.(see the dictionary for the meaning of joke.)

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#77145 Feb 22, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
What part is "What"
SZ wrote:
My reply:
Poor Langy did not understand that using a dictionary is usually the act of a loser. Especially if he picks the wrong definition of the word under discussion.

Location hidden

#77146 Feb 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Langy did not understand that using a dictionary is usually the act of a loser. Especially if he picks the wrong definition of the word under discussion.
If i did not write some words on paper (the body memory) i would need a dictionary a lot, i do anyway, but that unavoidable with all the languages.
I use the weekend usually to sort information.
But this discussion started with nibiru and the (non)-association with the 'giants' of Elohym. Noah's giants/mighty/heroes/warriors of old.
Messengers, Arab would have 'people in chains'.
The languages from surrounding areas would point to a mountain people/tribe from the original territory of the god=judges/rulers/governors/el ders/priest-court known as elohym.
Monotheism just manages to confuse the distinctions.

Location hidden

#77147 Feb 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>What? Where have I back pedaled (note spelling please). If you had half of a brain you would have realized that words can have several meanings, including "imagine". You lost the debate by using the dictionary for a meaning of the word that was not the one that Lennon used. Nice work dipshit.
Oh ok.

Location hidden

#77148 Feb 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>I see, you overdid your drug habit. That just might explain the obvious brain damage.

Perhaps we should take it easy on Langy. It is not fair to beat up on the handicapped.
No I just stopped too soon.
A few more decades and I could have been like you.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#77149 Feb 22, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
No I just stopped too soon.
A few more decades and I could have been like you.
Sorry, I am not the one that is denying almost the entire world of science while using science to spread my message. That is called being a hypocrite Langoliers.

“too hard to handle”

butler, pa

#77150 Feb 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I quite disagree.

The use of a dictionary is most helpful. In addition to using a dictionary, use of a lexicon and an english grammar primer would help most posters on this thread.

Since: Feb 13

Fort Myers, FL

#77151 Feb 22, 2013
Drink coffee praise cats
anunnaki

United States

#77152 Feb 22, 2013
"Where is the proof? This is usually the first questions people ask when presented with the idea that Aliens exist, or that we have been visited in the past by ancient astronauts. When a person does gain enough interest to start looking into topics such as Aliens and Ufos, they must wade through a vast amount of information.

I have spent over a decade researching various areas of Ufology. My first interest in Ufology, was sparked by the structures on Mars, and NASA's explanation for the Cydonia region of Mars. Are the "Face" and "Pyramids" on Mars connected with the ancient Pyramids and Sphinx in Egypt?

This led me to look into many other Megalithic Monuments around the world that are still here today from previous civilizations. Some of the structures including Giza, display architectural and mathematical achievements still unmatched to this day!"

http://xfacts.com/xnews/index.html
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#77153 Feb 22, 2013
TaylorChristineCreations wrote:
Drink coffee praise cats
The fundies around here do anything BUT praise cats.

They never consider the kittens.

:-(
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#77154 Feb 22, 2013
anunnaki wrote:
"Where is the proof? This is usually the first questions people ask when presented with the idea that Aliens exist, or that we have been visited in the past by ancient astronauts. When a person does gain enough interest to start looking into topics such as Aliens and Ufos, they must wade through a vast amount of information.
I have spent over a decade researching various areas of Ufology. My first interest in Ufology, was sparked by the structures on Mars, and NASA's explanation for the Cydonia region of Mars. Are the "Face" and "Pyramids" on Mars connected with the ancient Pyramids and Sphinx in Egypt?
This led me to look into many other Megalithic Monuments around the world that are still here today from previous civilizations. Some of the structures including Giza, display architectural and mathematical achievements still unmatched to this day!"
Case in point.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#77155 Feb 22, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Then tell me how did the universe came into form?
Still dodging the responsibility of bringing evidence of your god. Where is the evidence that your god did it, and how did your god do it?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#77156 Feb 22, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You yourself are a positive assertion atheist. That my boy is a believe.
You are a perfect example of an Atheist that DOES believe there is no God.
Not an atheist that has an absence of all believe.
Merriam-Webster
athe·ist\ˈā-thē-ist\
noun
: one who believes that there is no deity
Point proven!
Most Buddhists are atheists, there are several other religions that are as well. Atheism is a description of one aspect, and it is a "lack of" descriptive. You can attempt to change that all you want, it won't change what it is, and still doesn't change the important fact that you have no evidence of your god.

Fort Myers, FL

#77157 Feb 22, 2013
Praise the annunaki

Fort Myers, FL

#77158 Feb 22, 2013
TaylorChristineCreations wrote:
Praise the annunaki
Anunnaki*

Taizhou, China

#77159 Feb 22, 2013
The house lights dimmed and the chattering stopped.We are back from our intermission, and first of all, I would like to thank all of you for attending the Annual Humility Contest. I believe that the judges have decided on three finalists for this award. May I have the envelope, please?

The emcee opened the envelope.Finalist number one, KAB. A smiling KAB came to the stage while the percussion section played a drum roll.

Finalist number two, Charles Idemi. The contestant named likewise came forward.
Finalist number three, marksman11. Ditto.

Of these three fine people, there will be only one first place winner. That choice will depend on three questions which we will new hear the finalists answer. Contestant number one: tell us of a mistake which you later corrected.

KAB answered,We were visiting a familys home. One of the members of the family asked us to list all the doomsday prophesies which our church made. I listed the prophesies, but I left one of them out. I corrected that the next time we visited the home.

The audience applauded.Thank you, number one. And now we go on to number two. Tell us of an apology which you recently made.

Charles Idemi answered,One time I called an Evolutionist a moron. I wrote again and told him I didnt really mean it, and I called him a buffoon instead.

The audience applauded again.That must have really taken a lot of courasge. And now we go on to number three. Tell us of the worst mistake you ever made.

marksman11 answered,One time I thought I was wrong when really I was right.

The audience applauded a third time.That must have been really traumatic for you. And now, while the judges are making their final decision, we would like for John Cowan to sing a number for us.

John Cowan stepped onto the stage while the people shouted and whistled. The finalists walked back off the stage.

John Cowan finished his number while the people again shouted and whistled. The emcee received the envelope from the judges and stepped to the microphone. The percussion section played another drum roll.The winnerrrrr iiiiiiss MARKSMAN ELEVEN.

The happy winner stepped to the stage. The people in the audience unanimously rose from their seats and cheered. The emcee put a crown on his head and a scepter in his hand. The victorious contestant walked down the aisle, waving right and left at his cheering admirers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jindal says he'd attend same-sex wedding 48 min WeTheSheeple 2
News Unpopular at home, Jindal getting little tracti... Apr 21 Gary 6
Jimmy Swaggart Ministries Faces New Scandal (Aug '11) Apr 21 BARBARA BURRAGE 405
#1 Bisexual Dating Site in US (Sep '13) Apr 21 Bidatingsitecom 15
News Louisiana Is Latest State in Religious Objectio... Apr 12 Wondering 31
News 44 arrested in Sabine on drug charges (Oct '12) Apr 8 truth is out there 41
Need Louisiana Law School Scholarships! Mar 30 John Favinger 1
More from around the web