Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#75140 Feb 10, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
How does one prove a negative? Like with the tooth fairy, the greys or sasquatch it is the believers who need to show the evidence. If they have none then what is the credibility of their claim?
Given that depending on the religion pretty much anything can be defined as a god I suppose that if you believe there are lifeforms in the universe more advanced than we are...
God created the world!
Disprove that if you have any valid evidence as to how the earth came into form.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#75141 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> When you are tired of beating around the bush, let me know.
Until then!
yet i have shown my proof. you have not.

St. Croix valley

#75142 Feb 10, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Like with Lincoln Milosevic wished to hold his nation together. Was that about religion? Outside of Clinton wishing to win points with the Saudis, Iran and Al Quieda by supporting Islamic radicals in Bosnia-Herzegovina... and that was about political cynicism rather than religious conviction.
yes, the Balkan conflict was a three way religious war. read up on it. the two christian sides even wore their christian symbols to mark who they faught for.

St. Croix valley

#75143 Feb 10, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
If Newton and Einstein had only observations in front of them but no imagination... in truth playing with numbers in their heads was far more important to real science than the testing of facts.
they had mathematics to back up their thoughts and observations that were in their turn started by facts and observations.

Then science set about proving the math and theories were correct with experimentation.
Bob

Kansas City, MO

#75144 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God created the world!
Disprove that if you have any valid evidence as to how the earth came into form.
How did God come into form?

St. Croix valley

#75145 Feb 10, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
It did not even come from their religion. Nowhere in scripture does it suggest the Sun revolves around the Earth in a perfect circular motion. The church borrowed those ideas from the ancient Greek philosophers. So the Inquisition was threatening scientists with being burned at the stake for not agreeing with...
That is how truly nuts the church was.
the point we were discussing is that they said this was true through divine guidance of god's word.

they lied. again.

Location hidden

#75146 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet i have shown my proof. you have not.
Proof? Lol
you mean your bloody rantings.
I need evidence, where is it/ that?
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#75147 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, the Balkan conflict was a three way religious war. read up on it. the two christian sides even wore their christian symbols to mark who they faught for.
Utter nonsense. The Serbs wished to hold the Yugoslav nation together, the Croats wanted their independence from Belgrade and the Bosniak Moslems were Al Quieda style terrorists.

Outside of the Islamic radicals it was about politics... not religion.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#75148 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Show me your evidence disproving the existence of GOD?
Reason leads us to truth. Revelation, dogma, and authority do not. If they did there would be only one religion instead of thousands with their conflicting and very disparate doctrines.

I am saying to you that there is no material proof, at all, to prove the existence of your God, therefore He does not exist.

You are saying that God exists and that lack of evidence does not prove He doesn’t exist.

The side with the logic wins…..
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#75149 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>to be more exact about what the church said there would be tht they said the sun revolved around the Earth. divine guidance told them so...
The Ptolemaic system is where the church got the idea of an Earth centered universe. It had nothing to do with Christian doctrine. They burned people at the stake for not believing in Greek philosophers.

Tempe, AZ.

#75150 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God created the world!
Prove that He did.

St. Croix valley

#75151 Feb 10, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
The Ptolemaic system is where the church got the idea of an Earth centered universe. It had nothing to do with Christian doctrine. They burned people at the stake for not believing in Greek philosophers.
yes. again. the point in discussion is that they tried to back up this belief by saying it was god's word given to them by divine guidance.

they lied.

St. Croix valley

#75152 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Proof? Lol
you mean your bloody rantings.
I need evidence, where is it/ that?
there is no eveidence that any god or gods or godddesses have ever existed. what part of tha are you unclear about?

Location hidden

#75153 Feb 10, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>How did God come into form?
Can any body bear that title, God , except the almighty?
God does not really need a form before he can function.

Tempe, AZ.

#75154 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The same old gabbage!
Show me your evidence if you have one to counter my defence.
You have no evidence, therefore you have no defense.

Location hidden

#75155 Feb 10, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Reason leads us to truth. Revelation, dogma, and authority do not. If they did there would be only one religion instead of thousands with their conflicting and very disparate doctrines.
I am saying to you that there is no material proof, at all, to prove the existence of your God, therefore He does not exist.
You are saying that God exists and that lack of evidence does not prove He doesn’t exist.
The side with the logic wins…..
Logically speaking, no one can disprove God, but people can asserts, rants etc.

St. Croix valley

#75156 Feb 10, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Utter nonsense. The Serbs wished to hold the Yugoslav nation together, the Croats wanted their independence from Belgrade and the Bosniak Moslems were Al Quieda style terrorists.
Outside of the Islamic radicals it was about politics... not religion.
that is incorrect. the Serbs wanted to keep their christian othodox state alive. as they had against ottoman rule. the Croats were catholics that didn't want to be ruled by the christian orthodxy.

where did you hear the mulims there were alquada style terrorists?

for some good intel on the area , read the book "Balkan Ghosts" by Robert Kaplan.

or just goolge if you want to become moderately informed...

Location hidden

#75157 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>there is no eveidence that any god or gods or godddesses have ever existed. what part of tha are you unclear about?
This is just assertions or rantings. Validate your proof, if you have a single shred of evidence disproving the existence of God.

St. Croix valley

#75158 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Can any body bear that title, God , except the almighty?
God does not really need a form before he can function.
nothing has born that title yet, as far as any human knows.

St. Croix valley

#75159 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Logically speaking, no one can disprove God, but people can asserts, rants etc.
no one can disprove something that has no evidence whatsoever of ever existing.

no one can disprove the flying spaghetti monster.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Number of Louisiana towns have pit bull bans wh... Sun countrylad 16
Gay marriage ruling appealed to La. Supreme Court Dec 19 KiMare 42
Jimmy Swaggart Ministries Faces New Scandal (Aug '11) Dec 18 peter 365
new orleans roads Dec 15 jimmifsu85 2
Jerry Lee Lewis sustained by brief glory Dec 13 squeezers 2
Louisiana voters decide fate of Mary Landrieu, ... Dec 12 serfs up 46
Republicans closing in on ninth Senate pickup i... Dec 7 tha Professor 102
More from around the web