Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
70,401 - 70,420 of 115,204 Comments Last updated 26 min ago

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#74816 Feb 9, 2013
sickofit wrote:
I could maybe beleive some advanced aliens millions or billions of years ago came and seeded life here. And set about evolution. So that is only case for creation that makes any sense. But some all powerfull god figure creating things is just flat out INSANE......
"I could maybe beleive some advanced aliens millions or billions of years ago came and seeded life here"

Of course you could! LOL

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#74817 Feb 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the point is you do not know about the real world around you. you rely on wrong myths and stories...
Likewise!
There are millions of christians world wide who are scientist, are you also including them.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#74818 Feb 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Are the meteorites people find also fake?
Just because people find meteorites, doesn't mean your video is not fake.

Location hidden

#74820 Feb 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, i was almost dead for a few minutes also.
you did not die. you were not called back. you just didn't die. the brain does funny things when it is running out of oxygen and nerve impulses.
God did that for you, he has special plans for you. Despite your unbelief of him, he never turned you away from his sight.
One day, you will understand that.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#74821 Feb 9, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You will note I stated a singularity not a black hole. Facts are fun!
a black hole IS a singularity. Again, it would be most helpful if you understood these theroies you think you can debunk.
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

#74822 Feb 9, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Why from a distance?
What distance?
Between his ears. Hears the deal, must see this God/Jesus first in the flesh. Not in a vision(mind games), not in the Bible(character), not on a piece of toast(image). 100% front and center, just us and the almighty. Till than its just another man made story. The gullible human animal has a big time imagination. Why believe in deep space aliens..........experience. Once God/Jesus appears the story will change.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#74823 Feb 9, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not a law it's a theory and a failed theory at that. GR has been a proven failure in regards to Singularity's.
A theory that does not work everywhere in the universe needs to be modified.
No theory is perfect. Scientists hopefully know this. So theories do not "need to be modified". Theories are tools. We use them as long as we can and where we can.

Newton's Laws of Gravity have been "proven" not to work. Guess what? We still use them. They work fine for the vast majority of the time. We did not use Einstein's theories of gravity when we went to the Moon and back. We used Newton.

Heck most of the time we don't even use Newton when we work gravitational problems. Most of the time we go further back and use gravitational theories that existed before there were proper the concept of Laws or theories. Do you know whose gravity we use most of the time?

St. Croix valley

#74824 Feb 9, 2013
KandaDogon wrote:
If you look at the univers,how everything is created by perfect measure,intelligence, diversity and harmony ,how dare you claim that all this was the result of radom accident? If you was walking on a desert and discover a mobile phone on the sand, you will know that this phone is the product of the creation of something!denying this is only the proof of insanity!people are just afraid of the unknown,and wish their wrong passion to be reality
Everything is created perfectly? really?

i think you need to get out more.

epic fail
sickofit

Faribault, MN

#74825 Feb 9, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"I could maybe beleive some advanced aliens millions or billions of years ago came and seeded life here"
Of course you could! LOL
That atleast makes some sense. A god figure makes no sense and has been proven to be false and made up.

St. Croix valley

#74826 Feb 9, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because people find meteorites, doesn't mean your video is not fake.
we have ways of determining if videos have been faked. people try it all the time with "UFO videos and they are always busted. do you have a point?

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#74827 Feb 9, 2013
KandaDogon wrote:
If you look at the univers,how everything is created by perfect measure,intelligence, diversity and harmony ,how dare you claim that all this was the result of radom accident? If you was walking on a desert and discover a mobile phone on the sand, you will know that this phone is the product of the creation of something!denying this is only the proof of insanity!people are just afraid of the unknown,and wish their wrong passion to be reality
Who are you talking to here? Evolutionary scientists do not believe that life is an accident. Anybody who told you this was lying and I would be very wary in believing anything that they told me.

Your watchmaker fallacy (I found a cell phone) fails as a proper analogy. I can demonstrate it with one simple question: Does a cellphone have babies?

St. Croix valley

#74828 Feb 9, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Likewise!
There are millions of christians world wide who are scientist, are you also including them.
used to be everyone pretty much 'believed' in religion. you had to or you were ostracized or outright killed. it takes a while for such worldwide cultural conformities to die out. the # of people moving away from these ridiculous myths is growing at a huge rate.

St. Croix valley

#74829 Feb 9, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Well no longer proof because of the ability to fake videos.
If I see a meteorite and I do not take a photo does that mean I did not see it?
Faked videos are easily detected.

if you attempt to use the fact that you saw something as proof, that would be silly. many people say they see ghosts, but there are no ghosts.

Location hidden

#74830 Feb 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the people that made the first crop circles and started the whole craze, and admitted to it, and showed how they did it know...
Did they? Or are they just making it up ( like a the crop circle)so they get the get credit.

Seems to me, that anyone who would make up a crop circle to deceive other people in the first place, would have a little problem with credibility.

But you without a doubt, believe their story? why?

St. Croix valley

#74831 Feb 9, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you talking to here? Evolutionary scientists do not believe that life is an accident. Anybody who told you this was lying and I would be very wary in believing anything that they told me.
Your watchmaker fallacy (I found a cell phone) fails as a proper analogy. I can demonstrate it with one simple question: Does a cellphone have babies?
that's not what earbuds are?

Location hidden

#74832 Feb 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>we have ways of determining if videos have been faked. people try it all the time with "UFO videos and they are always busted. do you have a point?
of course...but that does not mean that all videos are fake...they are not all proven to be fake, as you suggest.

St. Croix valley

#74833 Feb 9, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God did that for you, he has special plans for you. Despite your unbelief of him, he never turned you away from his sight.
One day, you will understand that.
No, it was some guy pounding on my heart...

i'm sure almost dying was very scary for you, and it was provbably a life changing event, it usually is. but oit was just your brain, not a supernatural being communicating with you.. why doesn't god communicate with you now, and if you think he does, again, you need counseling...

Location hidden

#74834 Feb 9, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Therefore i provide links. Click...read...scroll..read, repeat till done.
You claim GOD to actually exist, so we ask proof.
You ignore the questions we ask and so can't understand us.
Your attributions are not proof to us, especially not in a moment when the brain start failing.
Why can't you like Dogen state that you have had mystical experiences and more of these phenomena.
Because you did not.
BUT NO...YOU CLAIM GOD!
Who else should we ask.
We've read the books.
God the giver and taker of life do exist, your ignorance may not allow you to see that.
Leave Dogen to his beliefs, you are clueless.

St. Croix valley

#74835 Feb 9, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
of course...but that does not mean that all videos are fake...they are not all proven to be fake, as you suggest.
there has yet to be a video of a UFO, or a ghost, or any such thing that waan't proven fake.

there are videos or photos out there of fuzzy things, but that is not proof of anything.

summation... no proof of those things.

St. Croix valley

#74836 Feb 9, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they? Or are they just making it up ( like a the crop circle)so they get the get credit.
Seems to me, that anyone who would make up a crop circle to deceive other people in the first place, would have a little problem with credibility.
But you without a doubt, believe their story? why?
who said they did it to decieve anyone? they said they did it for fun.

You know they are not from UFOs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jimmy Swaggart Ministries Faces New Scandal (Aug '11) 12 min hang them rats 334
Former Louisiana governor Edwin Edwards: Yester... 26 min hang them rats 1
Louisiana Senate race: Yes, Landrieu's vulnerab... Aug 22 Har 4
Report: Central La. needs improved access to me... Aug 10 humanSpirit 1
Crape myrtle bark scale hits the Alexandria area Aug 10 guest 2
Alexandria sting results in 17 arrests on solic... Aug 4 DUH 20
What the 2015 Louisiana governor candidates are... Aug 2 abe 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••