Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#73358 Jan 31, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda like the kid in school who copies off a smarter student in class and claims he didn't copy.lol
in fact not kinda like that, but exactly like that.

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#73359 Jan 31, 2013
GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>
Noooo...claiming they are intelligently designed and failing to show any proof of that intelligent designer is absurd, disingenuous and DOGMA wrapped in pretty sciencey language called the INtelligent Design Movement, whom- in case you dodn't kinow- have ADMITTED their designer is the god of the bible...not the Vedas, not the Greek gods, nor Romans nor Meso-american...but Yahweh...your deflection and obfuscation doesn't change that...you're a Xian and you didn't even know it...morevover,you were fooled by the ID movement that wants to conflate science and religion...and you bit it all hook, line and sinker...that makes you a sucker.
I was talking an intelligent process....if you won't even acknowledge
an obvious intelligent process...what make you think that you would acknowledge an intelligent designer?lol

“what we think we become”

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#73360 Jan 31, 2013
GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW, I'm not sure if you should burn your diplomas or the institution that conferred them upon you...You're aggressive WATCHING sports??!?WTF...I PLAYED ALL of those sports at fairly high level(Miami-Dade County 6A sports)...I'm a scholar, a gentleman and an athlete...your projections are hilarious...I currently hold six professional licenses in several states...SO WHAT? Resumes never impressed me much, just like WATCHING a sport doesn't impress me as it relates to your athletic prowess...those who can DO, those who can't TEACH...those who can't do either TALK about it...math is a tool, not a career...I use it EVERY single minute...as do I my legal education, my business education and my good ol' street-wise common sense I got from growing up in Miami, FL...SO WHAT? Should I judge d you inability to calculate simple bits-to-bytes conversion asw I sign that you were a mediocre student? No...I take the totality of your idiodic "my own math" comments for what they are: JUST PLAIN STUPID...just another goof ball who thinks THEY have the answers...you have actually advocated aliens curently watching us, did you not? And you'll pardon me for questoning ANYONE who says they have a 'degree in science'...just doesn't ring true...but, alas, I'm not familiar with education monikers outside of the US..nor do I care...you ought to be embarrassed as a DEGREED SCIENTIST to be rambling on about space aliens are watching us, nonsense...ever think for a minute that WE are the advanced civilization in the universe and that your ALIENS might be the equivalent of Neanderthals, or chimps? Nooooooooo, why would aliens be dumber than us humans, right, they simply MUST be more advanced? Or maybe these ALIENS are ONLY at the PROTOZOIC-equivalent stage of evolution...or maybe they're not even the bacterium, yet...maybe they haven't even the ingredients for life on their planet...maybe you've watched as little too much Star Trek...could it be that your aliens are actually LESS advanced? Duuuuh? Your myopic visions aside, you simply lack any cogent material to even criticize beyond moronic... to be polite.
You may be educated but naive. To say that there are no advanced civilizations is preposterous. There is evidence kept by the military and even President Nixon had his own encounter, as well as other notable people. What are you, covering up for the government and supporting the scientific community who receive grants? Not that there's anything wrong with that. But if these people are the ones who will dismiss or reject what I have to offer, then I wouldn't waste my effin time with these people and my precious time conversing with you.

above and beyond

#73361 Jan 31, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
in fact not kinda like that, but exactly like that.
Our human brand of intelligence is actually 3 distinct kinds of intelligence, sometimes cooperating, sometimes competing, and real AI systems will have different mixtures of this combination that make will make them safer and more commercially successful. To understand the different facets of human intelligence, we need to go back to Sigmund Freud. I have found Freud’s characterization of the human mind into components of id, superego, and ego amazingly useful for understanding real people. And as it turns out, Freud’s model turns out to be even more valuable for understanding how AI systems will be architected.

http://predictionboy.blogspot.com/2008/06/sig...

above and beyond

#73362 Jan 31, 2013
"human intelligence is primarily id-driven, with the superego providing a powerful id-control mechanism as well as "instant" judgment on many topics, and the rational mind helping the id execute its desires as needed. The mistaken notion that we have 1 mind, not 3 working in synchronicity (and often competing with each other) is the reason we consider the total of all that stuff swirling around in our heads as “intelligence”. And since that is what intelligence is, the thinking goes, we assume that an AI-powered droid must also have these same constituents organized in the same way in order to behave intelligently."

To claim we are the only source of intelligence is plain stupidity.

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#73363 Jan 31, 2013
Cybele wrote:
"human intelligence is primarily id-driven, with the superego providing a powerful id-control mechanism as well as "instant" judgment on many topics, and the rational mind helping the id execute its desires as needed. The mistaken notion that we have 1 mind, not 3 working in synchronicity (and often competing with each other) is the reason we consider the total of all that stuff swirling around in our heads as “intelligence”. And since that is what intelligence is, the thinking goes, we assume that an AI-powered droid must also have these same constituents organized in the same way in order to behave intelligently."
lol...agreed...it's sheer egotism.

One must know the limits and flaws of an instrument to come to the right conclusions...

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#73364 Jan 31, 2013
Along those same lines...a collective, subjective bias agreement,is not reality.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#73365 Jan 31, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda like the kid in school who copies off a smarter student in class and claims he didn't copy.lol
So that’s where you get you “intelligence”(nod, wink) from, Thanks for sharing

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#73366 Jan 31, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So that’s where you get you “intelligence”(nod, wink) from, Thanks for sharing
“Learning is experience. Everything else is just information.”

&#8213; Albert Einstein

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#73367 Jan 31, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You may be educated but naive. To say that there are no advanced civilizations is preposterous. There is evidence kept by the military and even President Nixon had his own encounter, as well as other notable people. What are you, covering up for the government and supporting the scientific community who receive grants? Not that there's anything wrong with that. But if these people are the ones who will dismiss or reject what I have to offer, then I wouldn't waste my effin time with these people and my precious time conversing with you.
Your first statement is the last straw that the uneducated and naive people hold. It means you're a failure and you know it.

The rest is nothing but conspiracy nonsense.

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#73368 Jan 31, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Every thing points to advanced civilizations...pretty much a no brainer with the diversity of life present on earth.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#73369 Jan 31, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Every thing points to advanced civilizations...pretty much a no brainer with the diversity of life present on earth.
So, my big toe is evidence of dragons, my pinky finger is evidence of leprechauns, and my hair is evidence that your brain is half the size of your skull.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#73370 Jan 31, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it's simply manipulating of 'intelligent' phenomena found in this universe.
Baseless claim, period.

I'm open to the possibility, but no-one has any evidence.
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

#73371 Jan 31, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Before we become extinct, our species will first go through a transition to the next age. It's becoming apparent with all the technology we have. Here's what I think. The first book ever published or printed was the bible. And I'm under the assumption that these inner circle, who influenced the writing of the bible, knew the power of language. Ever heard of Bibliomancy? They were careful of what they had to print. So they provided moral teachings on the level that people would understand and follow but on a deeper level, there are other meanings attached to the scriptures. They knew this power would affect the lives of people. It was sort of a moral responsibility, if that was God's intention.
But now we're in the information age, we have the internet replacing newspapers, magazines and books. We don't have to let just one ancient book affect our lives. There are tons of information out there fact or fiction. We can learn about ancient wisdom, secret knowledge, gnosticism, from other sources. Whatever means of information one has access to, it will affect one's life the same manner the first book ever printed provided to the people in the old times. People should have the freedom to read and acquire knowledge whatever pleases them any way they want. Whatever rocks your boat. lol
Im alans shadow. Of course, its all guess work or exaggerated stories.Thunders Gods, Valcano Gods and Earthguakes Gods became real in the minds of men. Powerful forces able to frighten and enhance the God mystery. It all formed into a Book that has been changed over the course of history. Now, telescopes can see beyond human imagination. Whats out there? Who is out there..........The God story makes the mind stop thinking about other possibilities of human existance. Just knowing that other earthlike planets exist is exciting. Humans need to understand....we are not alone.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#73372 Jan 31, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking an intelligent process....if you won't even acknowledge
an obvious intelligent process...what make you think that you would acknowledge an intelligent designer?lol
Simple. Just provide objectively verifiable scientific evidence. This should be the easiest thing in the world if the evidence is so "obvious".

Every time I've asked though you always tell me about what humans are building instead.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#73373 Jan 31, 2013
Cybele wrote:
Yup.

However to claim the Earth is the only source of intelligence observed SO FAR, isn't.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#73374 Jan 31, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...agreed...it's sheer egotism.
... as opposed to the humility of assuming the **entire universe** was made especially for us.
xxxooxxx wrote:
One must know the limits and flaws of an instrument to come to the right conclusions...
Yup. Creationists tend to ignore this advice completely however.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#73375 Jan 31, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
Along those same lines...a collective, subjective bias agreement,is not reality.
Indeed. Which is why creationism is pure bollox.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#73376 Jan 31, 2013
God and the angels and mankind are the advanced intelligence.

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#73377 Jan 31, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So, my big toe is evidence of dragons, my pinky finger is evidence of leprechauns, and my hair is evidence that your brain is half the size of your skull.
lol...whatever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans closing in on ninth Senate pickup i... 3 hr radiofreeamerica 8
Who's got your vote in the Louisiana Senate rac... Nov 25 boo hoo 10
Jimmy Swaggart Ministries Faces New Scandal (Aug '11) Nov 22 Karen 357
democrats party of lies Nov 16 Wyatt 6
Acadia Parish Election Results Nov 8 Big Moe 1
Hillary Clinton reaches back to Katrina to tout... Nov 7 dragoon70056 4
HELP U.S. send MARY LANDRIEU back to her 2.5-MI... Nov 7 dragoon70056 8

Louisiana People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE