Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,433)

Showing posts 68,641 - 68,660 of112,809
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>You have no evidence or there are no scientific evidence that will truly tell us of how the universe came about or into existence.
Faith based evidence stands out.
There is no such thing as "faith based evidence". They are contradictory terms. Faith is by definition a belief held in the absence of evidence.

We have no idea why there is something rather than nothing. We do not even know if that is a meaningful question. But we DO know that your superficial answer "It must be God!" does not answer the question any better than any other attempt. All you are really saying is, "Its beyond our brains, lets hope there is a super-powerful intelligence out there that can answer it!". Faith without evidence.

We know there is a universe. Unlike the time wasting theologians and non-science philosophers that preceded them, scientists started by asking questions they could answer, based on observation of the universe we live in. How fast does a ball bearing accelerate down an incline? What can that tell us more generally? And proceeded from the most immediate questions to the deeper ones, layer by layer.

It is this approach that has given us the answers we do have until now, not this "Must have been God!" fake certainty, accompanied of course by fake rewards, fake punishments, and playing on humans' hope and fear to control them.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> There is a reason behind every action. God does not kill intentionally.
Total tosh,

The babble says gods intention to kill was deliberate and planned and based on nothing more than intolerant greed, i.e. MURDER for profit so why does the babble NOT agree with you?

If it were accidental then the book would not have the readership it has, a bit of blood, guts and mayhem does wonders for a books popularity, hey, you are hooked on it.

Genesis 6:11-17 and 7:11-24 – God planned and carried out the first recorded mass murderer in history for no other reason than intolerance that his own creation were not being good little subjects.
Exodus 12:29 – God planned and carried out the killing innocent children for no other reason than egotistical spite that there parents (his creation) were not being good little subjects
Deuteronomy 21:10-13 – God allows and condones the rape, slavery and subjugation of women for no other reason than he gets off and rape, slavery and subjugation of those who ere not being good little subjects

Or do you have some christian cop out for those atrocities, no not one of the worthless excuses written by apologists thousands of years later when people began questioning but a contemporary and valid reason that would be accepted in a court of law for such abhorrent behaviour written in the babble? No? wow I am surprised…
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Summarily speaking, Christianity decline does not change its top position. Liar.
Summarily speaking who cares about a dying faith built on genocide, child murder and rape, deception and LIES?
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Go on rolling that lying tongue of yours.
The bible has come to stay.
That’s what was though of the Roman Empire and I believe Hitler thought the same about the Reich, as did Genghis Khan. History is littered with such claims.

Genesis 6:11-17 and 7:11-24
Exodus 12:29
Deuteronomy 21:10-13

Are you saying that the babble does not agree with you? Because it’s printed in the babble in the verses I cite and you are denying them and calling me a liar?

Or is it that you have no excuse so simply IGNORE the parts of the babble that disagree with you and call the person who cites those verses you IGNORE a liar.

You pathetic moron, I have given you every chance to justify your cause and all you can do is try and change the subject and call me a liar. Pathetic…

Honey, just because you build you life around lies does not mean that everyone lies, It simply means you have no understanding of truth. I have no god to lie for so I see no need to lie. Christianity is declining, you cannot call that a lies because it is a FACT

God was the first recorded mass murderer in history - FACT
God killed children - FACT
God condoned rape - FACT

No lies, that is WRITTEN, accept it and become a better christian

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>You have no evidence or there are no scientific evidence that will truly tell us of how the universe came about or into existence.
Precisely what happen after 10^-34th of a second (that’s a very tiny fraction of a second billions of times faster than a single clock tick on the fastest computer known to man) following the event known as the “Big Bang” is known. Science is working to push those boundaries further, the mathematics exists.

The babble bashers aren’t bothering, they are resistant to modern understanding of science because it contradicts a bronze age delusion that goddodit

Faith based evidence? A bronze age guess based on NO evidence is not evidence. It’s delusion.

What it says is – we don’t know how the universe happened so good must have done it – that’s the mantra of deliberate ignorance.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
Wow, complete projection, you have demonstrated that all you have is projection now and nothing to actually debate with.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

The God of the Bible did create the heaven and the earth which includes all things in the universe. God shows patterns as to how things are to be built or proceed. SCP concept or Systems Cycles Patterns theory has claimed this is how things work from the start.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's official writings in stone that revealed the proof of King David and the house of David.
Atheist long used King David as proof that the Bible was not historically accurate. Then they find the proof that King David did in fact exist exactly as the Bible described. And atheist try and trash that proof. Here's to trying to have it both ways.
And Troy existed just as the Illyad described. Therefore Zeus is real.

If you got a problem with atheists I suggest you take it up with them.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Debunking:
noun
1: what one does when they roll over and see KK in the bunk with them."
You didn't like this?
Didn't care. Rhetorical dismissals don't address the evidence. It doesn't matter a bit if Darwin was Ghengis Khan. It has no bearing on the scientific validity of evolution. Tycho Brahe was an ahole but that doesn't falsify astronomy.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler believed the Germans were the master what,builders ,no , thinkers, no,fishermen no...oh yeah the master race! Maybe you've heard of that.
Yeah, we've hear of that. So what?(shrug)
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Here monkey , here monkey, take the penicilin.
I will. You better not though, since modern medicine uses evolution as its basis. You don't wanna support the master race by taking penicillin!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
You do not seem to understand that I don't need someone to tell me what I believe. I believe the Bible as I read it.
You don't seem to understand that we don't give a flying fig about your baseless religious opinions.
Langoliers wrote:
Makes no difference what you think you have against the Bible.
I know it makes no difference because evidence is irrelevant to you. If something supports the Bible, great. If it doesn't, make something up.(shrug)
Langoliers wrote:
See I also know how Satan works.
Of course you do. Which is because you have objectively demonstrated its existence in a scientific manner via the scientific method.

Oh, wait.

:-/
Langoliers wrote:
Gods word is like sowing seeds, some sprout and gets choked out by weeds some lands on rocks and never takes root while some lands in fertile land and produces a bumper crop.
You're preaching again.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Well true to form you don't know what the hell your talking about .Hitler even had a list of where the races were on the scale.Number one were the Aryans, 2. were the nordic type peoples, whites in general , then the asians with, followed by colors,blacks then jews.Hitler didn't give a shit about the church or christians,ask Dietrich Bonhoffer.
Hitler's religious opinions are irrelevant to the scientific validity of evolution. He had his own ideas about theism which did not necessarily concur with the church. However theism is irrelevant to science.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Lord your a dumbass, taking Hitler at his word, Ha,Ha,Ha. Didn't the Russians and the English do that?
So when Hitler says he's a theist we're not supposed to take him at his word, but if he says he bases his ideology on evolution we're supposed to take him at his word? Even though he was using it wrong?

Got it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
You mean your baseless assertions?
Go on!
They aren't baseless, I cite the evidence with it. You never address it therefore there is no reason to presume there is a problem. Especially since the scientific community agrees with me and you're scientifically illiterate.
Charles Idemi wrote:
Instead of criticisms, do your research.
LIKEWISE!
Charles Idemi wrote:
Do you know what will happen to you in the next 3 hours?
Actually I have a pretty good idea, yeah.
Charles Idemi wrote:
Our lives is in the very hands of God. Know that, Mr. Sceptic.

Metaphorically speaking that sounds cool to me.
Charles Idemi wrote:
You have no evidence or there are no scientific evidence that will truly tell us of how the universe came about or into existence.

And that's why I've never claimed that science knows for certain. Yet here I am in a position where you need to have the concepts of "theory" and "hypothesis" to you all over again. Keep in mind you don't even have those, hence faith-based evidence stands out.
Charles Idemi wrote:
The heck is that, you are a liar!
Simple.
Yes, very simple. You're incapable of debate so it's much simpler to accuse others of lying for daring to disagree with you. After all, you are important.
Charles Idemi wrote:
Likewise.
LIKEWISE!!!!!!!!!!11!1!1
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
The God of the Bible did create the heaven and the earth which includes all things in the universe. God shows patterns as to how things are to be built or proceed. SC
We still don't care Mikey.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
We still don't care Mikey.
It's Systems Cycles and Patterns theory and it has not been refuted yet! We are talking real science here, so why don't anyone care?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Go through your own shit you call a post.
Charles, It's not that your bark is worse than your bite. It's that you're like a 20 year old toothless mutt who's out to gum everyone to death....you should have figured out by now that when others talk about "your bite", it's more about your odor then your teeth.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>It's Systems Cycles and Patterns theory and it has not been refuted yet! We are talking real science here, so why don't anyone care?
Cuz no-one's refuted the Cosmic Sheep of dimension Zog either.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>It's Systems Cycles and Patterns theory and it has not been refuted yet! We are talking real science here, so why don't anyone care?
Because SCP is not a scientific theory. Instead, it is your private little philosophy that answers NOTHING.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
No one cares because you aren't talking "real science" here.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
Hmmm... Yeah. Have anything without a religious agenda?
Langoliers wrote:
I have also seen a program on PBS on this find. So there is a DVD on it.
Simcha Jacobovici?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No one cares because you aren't talking "real science" here.
It has withstood the scientific method and it will also stand the test of time, like it or not!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 68,641 - 68,660 of112,809
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••