Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
68,581 - 68,600 of 115,180 Comments Last updated 22 min ago

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#72942 Jan 28, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Why of course it must! Everything must be JUST like your religious beliefs!
(except not as good of course)
Yeesh, your ego is edging on Shoobie scale, and he effectively thinks he's Jesus.
Instead of criticisms, do your research.

Location hidden

#72943 Jan 28, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
In which case my skepticism is exactly what He wants. Don't fight it.
Do you know what will happen to you in the next 3 hours?
Our lives is in the very hands of God. Know that, Mr. Sceptic.

Location hidden

#72944 Jan 28, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, particle/anti-particle pairs sprang up on their own. This has been scientifically observed. It's what that whole CERN thing is all about. Pretty elaborate (and expensive) "lie", ain't it? Boy I tell ya, that evil worldwide atheist Darwinist conspiracy will stop at nothing!!!
Don't see why it's such a big deal for fundies, since their idea of God itself is also an uncaused cause. You should be welcoming it with open arms, but instead you act like it's the anti-Christ.(shrug)
You have no evidence or there are no scientific evidence that will truly tell us of how the universe came about or into existence.
Faith based evidence stands out.

Location hidden

#72945 Jan 28, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a dodge. There is simply no evidence for any preceding events. I cannot provide you with a negative.
You on the other hand are making a POSITIVE claim. Therefore you can describe the scientific mechanisms that "God" used to cause said phenomena and the scientific evidence for them.
I imagine you will find this twice as difficult as usual, since you don't even have a clue what the heck I'm talking about anyway.(shrug)
The heck is that, you are a liar!
Simple.

Location hidden

#72946 Jan 28, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I did.
People who simply disagree with the Almighty Chuck don't have to be liars.
But you're like, welcome to your opinion, man.
Likewise.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Tenerife

#72947 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
So far, however, there isn't a single archaeological discovery that disproves the Bible in any way."

http://carm.org/can-we-trust-new-testament-hi...
Sorry Langoliers, but archaeology and archaeology in conjunction with some of the other ‘earth’ sciences have disproven a number of the Biblical myths.

For over a hundred years archaeology has been looking for evidence of a million+ Hebrews walking the Sinai desert for 40 years and have been unable to find ANY evidence at all for this event. So you could say that this is an event that lack of evidence disproves the story.

Geology primarily, but with much input from archaeology has never found any evidence for a world-wide flood. Archaeology's input in this is that it can prove that the WHOLE earth (minus Antarctica) was inhabited both before and after the supposed flood with no change in population or culture.

Archaeology, paleoanthropology, and DNA prove that we humans did evolve from the earlier ‘Homo’ species, and how long ago, pretty much destroying the Adam and Eve myth.

Archaeology along with other ‘earth’ sciences has proven that mankind has been around 200,000 +- years, as well as proving that other pre-humans were making tools and fire many hundreds of thousands of years ago…totally destroying the notion that the earth and humans are 6,000 +- years old.

Archaeology has disproven the Biblical story of Joshua and walls of Jericho. It has proven that Jericho’s walls and those of the other conquests (except for one) written about in the Bible, were already down, or were downed at a different date, or never down at all.

The Bible tells the story of Abraham and says he came from Ur of the Chaldea’s somewhere around 2,000 BC….However archaeology proves that the Chaldean's did not control Ur until about 500-600 BC thereby giving us the clue that ‘Moses’ did NOT write the Pentateuch. Archaeology also disproved the story of Abraham rescuing Lot from the city of Dan because its name wasn't ‘Dan’ until 300 years later. Further proof that the Abraham story was written later thereby excluding Moses as the author.

Don’t say that archaeology can’t disprove the Bible….it already HAS in the very foundational stories of the religion

Location hidden

#72948 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem
http://www.seeking4truth.com/historical_accur...
I have also seen a program on PBS on this find. So there is a DVD on it.
"Recent archeological investigations have demolished the position of those who rejected the biblical account of Israel's kings such as King David. In 1993, archeologists digging at Tel Dan in the Galilee in northern Israel found a fragment of a stone inscription that clearly refers to the "house of David" and identifies David as the "king of Israel." This is the first inscription outside the Bible that confirms the Bible's statement that David was the king of Israel in the ninth century before Christ."
"In addition to the archeological evidence for King David, we now have confirmation of other kings of Israel. The name of Omri, king of Israel, is recorded on an inscription known as the Stela of King Mesha of Moab. In addition, Omri's name appears on the rock inscriptions of three kings of Assyria, the annals of both Tiglath-Pileser III and Sargon II, and the Black Obelisk of King Shalmaneser III, who wrote, "I conquered ... all of the Land of Omri (Israel)." Other Assyrian inscriptions found in Nineveh confirm the Bible's records about these kings of Israel: Ahab, Jehu, Joash, Menehem, Pekah, and Hoshea. In addition, the names of many of the kings of the southern kingdom of Judah are also recorded on inscriptions of the nations that fought against the Jews. The inscriptions found by archeologists also confirm the names of these kings of Judah: Ahaziah, Uzziah, Ahaz, Hezekiah, Manasseh, and Jehoiachin. Scholars found ration records of the army of Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon (606 to 562 B.C.) that state, "ten sila of oil to Jehoiachin, king of Judah...." Obviously, the fact that these foreign nations listed the kings of Israel and Judah provides the strongest evidence confirming the accuracy of the Word of God.
Historicity of other Biblical Personalities
One of the most interesting discoveries in recent years was the finding of two bull', or clay seals, that bear the impression of the actual seal used by Baruch, the scribe of Jeremiah the prophet who transcribed the Book of Jeremiah. Both bull' bear the inscription, "Belonging to Berekhyahu, son of Neriyahu, the Scribe." One of these clay seals is on view in the Israel Museum in Jerusalem. However, the second bull' was found in Jerusalem earlier in this century and purchased by collector Shlomo Moussaieff of London who owns the greatest private collection of ancient Jewish inscriptions in the world. This second clay seal, bearing the same inscription, also reveals a fingerprint that probably belonged to Baruch."
Quite educative. God bless!

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#72949 Jan 29, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem
http://www.seeking4truth.com/historical_accur...
I have also seen a program on PBS on this find. So there is a DVD on it.
"Recent archeological investigations have demolished the position of those who rejected the biblical account of Israel's kings such as King David. In 1993, archeologists digging at Tel Dan in the Galilee in northern Israel found a fragment of a stone inscription that clearly refers to the "house of David" and identifies David as the "king of Israel." This is the first inscription outside the Bible that confirms the Bible's statement that David was the king of Israel in the ninth century before Christ."

etc.
You miss the point.

We would expect the chronicles of the Bible to increasingly conform to historical evidence, the more recent the records, especially in the era when events could be recorded as they happened. Myth blending into legend blending into history.

Before the era of writing and allegedly written down in the time of Moses, the myths of Creation, Adam and Eve, Noah, the Tower of Babel, Methuselah etc, all have absolutely no physical evidence and the pure flavour of creation myth.

Claiming that the real existence of say Babylon proves the earlier claims of the Bible is as silly as claiming that the real existence of Troy proves Homer's contention that Achilles was the son of the river goddess Thetis.

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#72950 Jan 29, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>You have no evidence or there are no scientific evidence that will truly tell us of how the universe came about or into existence.
There is no such thing as "faith based evidence". They are contradictory terms. Faith is by definition a belief held in the absence of evidence.

We have no idea why there is something rather than nothing. We do not even know if that is a meaningful question. But we DO know that your superficial answer "It must be God!" does not answer the question any better than any other attempt. All you are really saying is, "Its beyond our brains, lets hope there is a super-powerful intelligence out there that can answer it!". Faith without evidence.

We know there is a universe. Unlike the time wasting theologians and non-science philosophers that preceded them, scientists started by asking questions they could answer, based on observation of the universe we live in. How fast does a ball bearing accelerate down an incline? What can that tell us more generally? And proceeded from the most immediate questions to the deeper ones, layer by layer.

It is this approach that has given us the answers we do have until now, not this "Must have been God!" fake certainty, accompanied of course by fake rewards, fake punishments, and playing on humans' hope and fear to control them.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#72951 Jan 29, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> There is a reason behind every action. God does not kill intentionally.
Total tosh,

The babble says gods intention to kill was deliberate and planned and based on nothing more than intolerant greed, i.e. MURDER for profit so why does the babble NOT agree with you?

If it were accidental then the book would not have the readership it has, a bit of blood, guts and mayhem does wonders for a books popularity, hey, you are hooked on it.

Genesis 6:11-17 and 7:11-24 – God planned and carried out the first recorded mass murderer in history for no other reason than intolerance that his own creation were not being good little subjects.
Exodus 12:29 – God planned and carried out the killing innocent children for no other reason than egotistical spite that there parents (his creation) were not being good little subjects
Deuteronomy 21:10-13 – God allows and condones the rape, slavery and subjugation of women for no other reason than he gets off and rape, slavery and subjugation of those who ere not being good little subjects

Or do you have some christian cop out for those atrocities, no not one of the worthless excuses written by apologists thousands of years later when people began questioning but a contemporary and valid reason that would be accepted in a court of law for such abhorrent behaviour written in the babble? No? wow I am surprised…
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Summarily speaking, Christianity decline does not change its top position. Liar.
Summarily speaking who cares about a dying faith built on genocide, child murder and rape, deception and LIES?
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Go on rolling that lying tongue of yours.
The bible has come to stay.
That’s what was though of the Roman Empire and I believe Hitler thought the same about the Reich, as did Genghis Khan. History is littered with such claims.

Genesis 6:11-17 and 7:11-24
Exodus 12:29
Deuteronomy 21:10-13

Are you saying that the babble does not agree with you? Because it’s printed in the babble in the verses I cite and you are denying them and calling me a liar?

Or is it that you have no excuse so simply IGNORE the parts of the babble that disagree with you and call the person who cites those verses you IGNORE a liar.

You pathetic moron, I have given you every chance to justify your cause and all you can do is try and change the subject and call me a liar. Pathetic…

Honey, just because you build you life around lies does not mean that everyone lies, It simply means you have no understanding of truth. I have no god to lie for so I see no need to lie. Christianity is declining, you cannot call that a lies because it is a FACT

God was the first recorded mass murderer in history - FACT
God killed children - FACT
God condoned rape - FACT

No lies, that is WRITTEN, accept it and become a better christian

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#72952 Jan 29, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>You have no evidence or there are no scientific evidence that will truly tell us of how the universe came about or into existence.
Precisely what happen after 10^-34th of a second (that’s a very tiny fraction of a second billions of times faster than a single clock tick on the fastest computer known to man) following the event known as the “Big Bang” is known. Science is working to push those boundaries further, the mathematics exists.

The babble bashers aren’t bothering, they are resistant to modern understanding of science because it contradicts a bronze age delusion that goddodit

Faith based evidence? A bronze age guess based on NO evidence is not evidence. It’s delusion.

What it says is – we don’t know how the universe happened so good must have done it – that’s the mantra of deliberate ignorance.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#72953 Jan 29, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
Wow, complete projection, you have demonstrated that all you have is projection now and nothing to actually debate with.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#72955 Jan 29, 2013
The God of the Bible did create the heaven and the earth which includes all things in the universe. God shows patterns as to how things are to be built or proceed. SCP concept or Systems Cycles Patterns theory has claimed this is how things work from the start.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72956 Jan 29, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's official writings in stone that revealed the proof of King David and the house of David.
Atheist long used King David as proof that the Bible was not historically accurate. Then they find the proof that King David did in fact exist exactly as the Bible described. And atheist try and trash that proof. Here's to trying to have it both ways.
And Troy existed just as the Illyad described. Therefore Zeus is real.

If you got a problem with atheists I suggest you take it up with them.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72957 Jan 29, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Debunking:
noun
1: what one does when they roll over and see KK in the bunk with them."
You didn't like this?
Didn't care. Rhetorical dismissals don't address the evidence. It doesn't matter a bit if Darwin was Ghengis Khan. It has no bearing on the scientific validity of evolution. Tycho Brahe was an ahole but that doesn't falsify astronomy.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72958 Jan 29, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler believed the Germans were the master what,builders ,no , thinkers, no,fishermen no...oh yeah the master race! Maybe you've heard of that.
Yeah, we've hear of that. So what?(shrug)
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Here monkey , here monkey, take the penicilin.
I will. You better not though, since modern medicine uses evolution as its basis. You don't wanna support the master race by taking penicillin!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72959 Jan 29, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
You do not seem to understand that I don't need someone to tell me what I believe. I believe the Bible as I read it.
You don't seem to understand that we don't give a flying fig about your baseless religious opinions.
Langoliers wrote:
Makes no difference what you think you have against the Bible.
I know it makes no difference because evidence is irrelevant to you. If something supports the Bible, great. If it doesn't, make something up.(shrug)
Langoliers wrote:
See I also know how Satan works.
Of course you do. Which is because you have objectively demonstrated its existence in a scientific manner via the scientific method.

Oh, wait.

:-/
Langoliers wrote:
Gods word is like sowing seeds, some sprout and gets choked out by weeds some lands on rocks and never takes root while some lands in fertile land and produces a bumper crop.
You're preaching again.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72960 Jan 29, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Well true to form you don't know what the hell your talking about .Hitler even had a list of where the races were on the scale.Number one were the Aryans, 2. were the nordic type peoples, whites in general , then the asians with, followed by colors,blacks then jews.Hitler didn't give a shit about the church or christians,ask Dietrich Bonhoffer.
Hitler's religious opinions are irrelevant to the scientific validity of evolution. He had his own ideas about theism which did not necessarily concur with the church. However theism is irrelevant to science.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72961 Jan 29, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Lord your a dumbass, taking Hitler at his word, Ha,Ha,Ha. Didn't the Russians and the English do that?
So when Hitler says he's a theist we're not supposed to take him at his word, but if he says he bases his ideology on evolution we're supposed to take him at his word? Even though he was using it wrong?

Got it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72962 Jan 29, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
You mean your baseless assertions?
Go on!
They aren't baseless, I cite the evidence with it. You never address it therefore there is no reason to presume there is a problem. Especially since the scientific community agrees with me and you're scientifically illiterate.
Charles Idemi wrote:
Instead of criticisms, do your research.
LIKEWISE!
Charles Idemi wrote:
Do you know what will happen to you in the next 3 hours?
Actually I have a pretty good idea, yeah.
Charles Idemi wrote:
Our lives is in the very hands of God. Know that, Mr. Sceptic.

Metaphorically speaking that sounds cool to me.
Charles Idemi wrote:
You have no evidence or there are no scientific evidence that will truly tell us of how the universe came about or into existence.

And that's why I've never claimed that science knows for certain. Yet here I am in a position where you need to have the concepts of "theory" and "hypothesis" to you all over again. Keep in mind you don't even have those, hence faith-based evidence stands out.
Charles Idemi wrote:
The heck is that, you are a liar!
Simple.
Yes, very simple. You're incapable of debate so it's much simpler to accuse others of lying for daring to disagree with you. After all, you are important.
Charles Idemi wrote:
Likewise.
LIKEWISE!!!!!!!!!!11!1!1

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Louisiana Senate race: Yes, Landrieu's vulnerab... Aug 22 Har 4
Jimmy Swaggart Ministries Faces New Scandal (Aug '11) Aug 19 Debbie 332
Report: Central La. needs improved access to me... Aug 10 humanSpirit 1
Crape myrtle bark scale hits the Alexandria area Aug 10 guest 2
Alexandria sting results in 17 arrests on solic... Aug 4 DUH 20
What the 2015 Louisiana governor candidates are... Aug 2 abe 1
Wedding: Carlos Bastida & Ashley Romero Aug 1 Lisaseymour 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••