Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
67,121 - 67,140 of 115,411 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#71413 Jan 20, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
what are you talking about? mind control?
Don't worry, nothing that a good tin foil hat won't solve.

“what we think we become”

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#71414 Jan 20, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientists use physics to *model* what we observe.
If every possible Universe, from the most chaotic to the most regular, actually exists at some point, then you're going to have observers only in the relatively regular ones.(Too chaotic, no life, and too regular, not enough variety to produce life.)
If the Universe were sufficiently chaotic, we wouldn't be around to observe it, remember?
So now you want to call it 'regular' rather than intelligent. You just want to use semantics here. Intelligent is what it is. You don't call US Intelligence Agencies 'regular' do you? Whether you want to admit it or not, there are organized orders in everything from nature to human affairs. Order out of chaos.
nemesis

Kansas City, MO

#71415 Jan 20, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
what are you talking about? mind control?
Bingo! So, lets say its the govt. They just use that ability occasionally. No big deal. They send energy at the brain that causes a "Sleep state". People have had it happen and never knew it, people knew it happened and will never say nothing for fear of being labeled "crazy". Or, "alien technology" is being used, a form of mind telepathy. We feel its the second choice....experience matters! Most humans will say, "your nuts" and go read Bible verses. Its real......it happened and nobody has any answers. They just say, "We don't care about your little green friends" Well, if its the govt you better start worrying!!!!!If it was aliens, don't worry they mean no harm. Just taking some samples back to the mother ship..........nothing to fear, don't be scared.

above and beyond

#71416 Jan 20, 2013
nemesis wrote:
<quoted text>Bingo! So, lets say its the govt. They just use that ability occasionally. No big deal. They send energy at the brain that causes a "Sleep state". People have had it happen and never knew it, people knew it happened and will never say nothing for fear of being labeled "crazy". Or, "alien technology" is being used, a form of mind telepathy. We feel its the second choice....experience matters! Most humans will say, "your nuts" and go read Bible verses. Its real......it happened and nobody has any answers. They just say, "We don't care about your little green friends" Well, if its the govt you better start worrying!!!!!If it was aliens, don't worry they mean no harm. Just taking some samples back to the mother ship..........nothing to fear, don't be scared.
The method of causing or inducing a sleep state is what I need. I have a very active mind. Reading at night and watching TV puts me to sleep though so it all depends on what I'm reading and what program is on. Kind of hypnosis.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#71417 Jan 20, 2013
nemesis wrote:
<quoted text>What would humans do if they knew that an energy or control could make their mind fall asleep....? Knowing it exist. Its real. its scary. What ramifications would that bring to human existence?
Dark city?...lol
nemesis

Kansas City, MO

#71418 Jan 20, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
The method of causing or inducing a sleep state is what I need. I have a very active mind. Reading at night and watching TV puts me to sleep though so it all depends on what I'm reading and what program is on. Kind of hypnosis.
We had many questions prior to our encounter. One question was answered....."We are NOT alone in the universe". Next question. Why do aliens insist on being like gray ghost and make humans fear them? The more we learn, the more we understand that with the universe having infinite earth-like planets the odds of an advanced civilization existing is fact, not fiction. Why they will not make direct and factual contact is a mystery. Science does not have a clue. All the number crunching in the universe will never answer that question. Again, we understand the "negative" response.......we know what happened was real.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#71419 Jan 20, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
thinking the cube analogy...Here's an article on Hoyle's intelligent universe
http://home.planet.nl/~gkorthof/pdf/korthof47...
very interesting read...there's a lot of ideas that I was not aware of presented....I read somewhere that there was deep mining operation in western US, that cut into solid rock and they found flint artifacts.
The rocks that house these artifacts were dated like a million years old or older...alot of things are swept under the rug if they don't support current mainstream scientific ideology.

above and beyond

#71420 Jan 20, 2013
nemesis wrote:
<quoted text>We had many questions prior to our encounter. One question was answered....."We are NOT alone in the universe". Next question. Why do aliens insist on being like gray ghost and make humans fear them? The more we learn, the more we understand that with the universe having infinite earth-like planets the odds of an advanced civilization existing is fact, not fiction. Why they will not make direct and factual contact is a mystery. Science does not have a clue. All the number crunching in the universe will never answer that question. Again, we understand the "negative" response.......we know what happened was real.
Please describe your encounter with these aliens. Do they really look like what they describe them to be?
nemesis

Kansas City, MO

#71421 Jan 20, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Please describe your encounter with these aliens. Do they really look like what they describe them to be?
We encountered a craft not the occupants of the craft. At a distance of 10-15 ft away hovering and slowly crusing over our auto. The bottom was covered with red glowing pamels approx. 6-8" wide and 2' long. They didnt rotate or make a sound as it crused slowly over our auto. It was twighlight at the time, so he craft was almost invisible os transparent. It was an awsome experience!Why these entities will not make contact with such God fearing and violent beings is .....shocking indeed! Not!

above and beyond

#71422 Jan 20, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
very interesting read...there's a lot of ideas that I was not aware of presented....I read somewhere that there was deep mining operation in western US, that cut into solid rock and they found flint artifacts.
The rocks that house these artifacts were dated like a million years old or older...alot of things are swept under the rug if they don't support current mainstream scientific ideology.
Were they from Wyoming? lol
nemesis

Kansas City, MO

#71423 Jan 20, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Were they from Wyoming? lol
No, thats where Adam and Steve live! LOL!!!!

above and beyond

#71424 Jan 20, 2013
nemesis wrote:
<quoted text>We encountered a craft not the occupants of the craft. At a distance of 10-15 ft away hovering and slowly crusing over our auto. The bottom was covered with red glowing pamels approx. 6-8" wide and 2' long. They didnt rotate or make a sound as it crused slowly over our auto. It was twighlight at the time, so he craft was almost invisible os transparent. It was an awsome experience!Why these entities will not make contact with such God fearing and violent beings is .....shocking indeed! Not!
I believe these things are from a different dimension. I watched a documentary about people who were part of an experiment. They wanted to see what happens when a person don't sleep for days. And the tests showed the subjects encountered the same things - a presence of something in the room like these entities you are talking about. It's probably why I get these same feelings after I've experienced not sleeping or eating for three days! lol

It's probably why some religions tell you to fast for days, because it kind of takes you to this level of trance and experience the unknown, or God.

But be careful!

above and beyond

#71425 Jan 20, 2013
nemesis wrote:
<quoted text>No, thats where Adam and Steve live! LOL!!!!
Were Adam and Steve Amish? lol
nemesis

Kansas City, MO

#71426 Jan 20, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe these things are from a different dimension. I watched a documentary about people who were part of an experiment. They wanted to see what happens when a person don't sleep for days. And the tests showed the subjects encountered the same things - a presence of something in the room like these entities you are talking about. It's probably why I get these same feelings after I've experienced not sleeping or eating for three days! lol
It's probably why some religions tell you to fast for days, because it kind of takes you to this level of trance and experience the unknown, or God.
But be careful!
Im not trying to scare you....it just happened. We wre not even thinking about anything like that. It just happened. So, two people can have the same dream in the same instant?

above and beyond

#71427 Jan 20, 2013
nemesis wrote:
<quoted text>Im not trying to scare you....it just happened. We wre not even thinking about anything like that. It just happened. So, two people can have the same dream in the same instant?
No. You asked why these beings don't make contact with humans. And I was just suggesting a way to experience them because I sorta did. I have seen a UFO that just vanished and a strange looking airplane that disappeared in an area where there was no airport nearby. But it happened during the day before an air show. So maybe they were part of a drill or practice. Who knows.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#71428 Jan 20, 2013
If every possible Universe, from the most chaotic to the most regular, actually exists at some point, then you're going to have observers only in the relatively regular ones.(Too chaotic, no life, and too regular, not enough variety to produce life.)
If the Universe were sufficiently chaotic, we wouldn't be around to observe it, remember?
Cybele wrote:
So now you want to call it 'regular' rather than intelligent.
No, I'm pointing out that all possible Universes fall along a spectrum from completely chaotic to completely orderly.(If you prefer the word "orderly" to "regular", that's fine.) These result from all of the possible values of the universal constants.

It has nothing to do with whether anything is "intelligent".
Cybele wrote:
Intelligent is what it is.
How so?
Cybele wrote:
Whether you want to admit it or not, there are organized orders in everything from nature to human affairs. Order out of chaos.
Again, if the Universe were sufficiently chaotic, we wouldn't be here to observe it. So the only type of Universe in which there can be observers are Universes that are sufficiently ordered.

Where exactly in any of that does it say that an "intelligence" *caused* it?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#71429 Jan 20, 2013
jkjkhardcore wrote:
<quoted text>Actually the Big Bang is just a theory that gives a suggested answer to how the universe was created and is based on how the galaxy moves. It has more evidence than the bible which for the most part seem to be a collection of stories gathered together by a bunch of "disciples" or "gospels" that lend no evidence and points to the supernatural. If in modern day someone were to find a book similar to the bible they would disregard it as fairy tales and nonfiction. But I do have to say that the bible has played many important parts in human history, but so has the koran, the torah and many confucian teachings.
And all three plus the seven stone tablets from Sumerian all tell of the same creation.

The Quran further states that Allah created the sun, the moon, and the planets, each with their own individual courses or orbits. "It is He Who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon; all (the celestial bodies) swim along, each in its rounded course" (21:33).

The Quran states that "Allah created the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them, in six days" (7:54). This seem similar to the account related in the Bible.

Torah

1. In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.

2. Now the earth was astonishingly empty, and darkness was on the face of the deep, and the spirit of God was hovering over the face of the water.
3. And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.
4. And God saw the light that it was good, and God separated between the light and between the darkness.
5. And God called the light day, and the darkness He called night, and it was evening and it was morning, one day.
6. And God said, "Let there be an expanse in the midst of the water, and let it be a separation between water and water."

The Bible

Genesis

The Creation
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light: 2 Cor. 4.6 and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8 And God called the firmament Heaven. 2 Pet. 3.5 And the evening and the morning were the second day.
9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry landappear: and it was so.
10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

Seven stone Tablets of creation:
Sumerian cuneiform stone tablets and writings that are 6,000 years old.
The Sumerian culture, the first civilization to invent writing as a complete written language, recorded stories that have been preserved through the modern day biblical passages found in the Old and New testament. All of which speak of a time when man lived among their living gods here on earth. The Sumerians had 7 sacred tablets that explained our creation. These stories preserved in stone, are now told to us in the form of the english version, "7 days of creation".

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#71430 Jan 20, 2013
nemesis wrote:
The more we learn, the more we understand that with the universe having infinite earth-like planets the odds of an advanced civilization existing is fact, not fiction. Why they will not make direct and factual contact is a mystery.
It's not a mystery at all. There can be countless advanced civilizations in the Universe. That doesn't mean that they have the capability to communicate across interstellar distances (let alone travel between them).

Location hidden

#71431 Jan 20, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>We have more proof of evolution aka 'Darwinism' then you do for Allah (pbuh)
The thing is you have zero proof of Macro evolution. As far a micro evolution no big deal there, so some genes get turn on or off. Big deal.

Not one fossil proves Macro evolution
Not once has it been observed.
Never in the history of the planet has macro evolution left behind a bit of proof that it ever happened.

Location hidden

#71433 Jan 20, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>Can you define "kind"?

Is "Bird of Prey" a kind? Or just "bird"? Or "Anything with feathers"?

Is "Primate" a kind? Or "Mammal"? Or "Animal"?

If I present you with an as of yet undiscovered animal, how would you know which "kind" it should be?

How many "kinds" are there?

How do I determine if something like a penguin is "bird kind" or "fish kind"?

What about something like a snail? Is it the same kind as a slug?

Are snakes and false snakes both "snake kind"? Or are false snakes "lizard kind"? Or are they all "reptile kind"? Or are they all "things that lay eggs kind"?
Created kinds are organisms that are defined by creation biology as sharing a common ancestry. The phrase refers to the Genesis account of the creation week during which God created many kinds of plants and animals. They are also referred to as "original kinds," "Genesis kinds," and more formally by creation scientists as baramin The term barmin was coined in 1941 by Frank Marsh from the Hebrew words bara (create) and min (kind). The study of baramin (known as Baraminology) is a rapidly growing field of creation science involved with the identification of the created kinds.[1]

The concept of the "created kind" originates from the biblical book of Genesis where it is first mentioned in chapter 1.

"The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed after their kind, and trees bearing fruit with seed in them, after their kind; and God saw that it was good. There was evening and there was morning, a third day... Then God said,'Let the waters teem with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth in the open expanse of the heavens.' God created the great sea monsters and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarmed after their kind, and every winged bird after its kind; and God saw that it was good. God blessed them, saying,'Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth.' There was evening and there was morning, a fifth day. Then God said,'Let the earth bring forth living creatures after their kind: cattle and creeping things and beasts of the earth after their kind'; and it was so."Genesis 1:12-24
In contrast to the evolutionary principle of common ancestry, creation biologists argue that organisms were created in a finite number of discrete forms as described in the Bible, which subsequently diversified through speciation and microevolution. There is much uncertainty about what exactly the Bible means when it talks of "kinds".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Renee Stringer: Jonesboro's issues being ignored (Jun '12) 11 hr Well 27
Jimmy Swaggart Ministries Faces New Scandal (Aug '11) 23 hr NellHard 338
Is Rev. Gabriel Swaggart Teaching False Things? Mon NellHard 3
sammyboy Aug 30 Lim 1
Alexandria sting results in 17 arrests on solic... Aug 29 Hahahaha 21
Former Louisiana governor Edwin Edwards: Yester... Aug 29 hang them rats 1
Louisiana Senate race: Yes, Landrieu's vulnerab... Aug 22 Har 4
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••