Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more

“what we think we become”

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#71406 Jan 20, 2013
nemesis wrote:
<quoted text>What would humans do if they knew that an energy or control could make their mind fall asleep....? Knowing it exist. Its real. its scary. What ramifications would that bring to human existence?
what are you talking about? mind control?

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#71407 Jan 20, 2013
Those poor Biblical Creationists have gotten caught in a double bind.
The more kinds they recognize, the more work they impose on Noah and his seven trusty crewman.
The fewer kinds they recognize, the more evolving--excuse me, adapting--they impose on the animals, and in just 4500 years.

Did Noah take only two dogs? That's 35 species in 14 genera.
Did Noah take only two bats? That's 850 species.
Did Noah take only two worms? That's 28,000 species in 18 phyla, which is over half the phyla in the Animal Kingdom.
How about beetles? That's half a million species.

Duane Gish claimed that the concept of kinds can be understood by "any high school student with average intelligence." However, he cannot remember his own system. On page 35 of the 1978 edition of Evolution: The Fossils Say No! hhe assigns a slot each to gibbons, chimpanzees, and gorillas, but 0on page 47, he designates all apes as a "major kind."

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#71408 Jan 20, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
If there is no intelligence in the structure of the universe how can scientists use physics to explain it?
Scientists use physics to *model* what we observe.

If every possible Universe, from the most chaotic to the most regular, actually exists at some point, then you're going to have observers only in the relatively regular ones.(Too chaotic, no life, and too regular, not enough variety to produce life.)

If the Universe were sufficiently chaotic, we wouldn't be around to observe it, remember?

Tampa, FL

#71409 Jan 20, 2013
nemesis wrote:
<quoted text>What would humans do if they knew that an energy or control could make their mind fall asleep....? Knowing it exist. Its real. its scary. What ramifications would that bring to human existence?
You mean, if humans learned about the existence of Ambien?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#71411 Jan 20, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's just coincidence that polls taken over a period of time by different organizations show the same results?
It's just coincidence that polls are able to predict who wins in elections?
That humans are intelligent does not allow us to conclude that, when taken as a large group, we can't predict their behavior.
Otherwise, it would be impossible to design highways or buildings, it would be impossible for restaurants to predict how many staff they'll need for different shifts, it would be impossible for stores to predict how many items they need to put on the shelves.
And yet all of these things are done.
Intelligent humans, in the aggregate, are still predictable.
<quoted text>
Ah, the wishful thinking of a homophobe. I do love a good fantasy story. But just like the Jetsons and their flying cars, your view of the future isn't likely to happen, either.
<quoted text>
And yet you keep doing it. Why is that?
<quoted text>
Well, since you admit that you can't predict the future, your predictions are valueless, are they not?
<quoted text>
You mean the way that the "good ol' boys" have managed to prevent interracial marriages from taking place?
Oh, wait, they haven't.
I guess those "good ol' boys" won't have their day, after all.
Hit the gas! Pay no attention to the policeman who's trying to help!

Tampa, FL

#71412 Jan 20, 2013
anonymous wrote:
Pay no attention to the policeman who's trying to help!
You think you're some sort of policeman?

Seriously?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#71413 Jan 20, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry, nothing that a good tin foil hat won't solve.

above and beyond

#71414 Jan 20, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientists use physics to *model* what we observe.
If every possible Universe, from the most chaotic to the most regular, actually exists at some point, then you're going to have observers only in the relatively regular ones.(Too chaotic, no life, and too regular, not enough variety to produce life.)
If the Universe were sufficiently chaotic, we wouldn't be around to observe it, remember?
So now you want to call it 'regular' rather than intelligent. You just want to use semantics here. Intelligent is what it is. You don't call US Intelligence Agencies 'regular' do you? Whether you want to admit it or not, there are organized orders in everything from nature to human affairs. Order out of chaos.
nemesis

Kansas City, MO

#71415 Jan 20, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo! So, lets say its the govt. They just use that ability occasionally. No big deal. They send energy at the brain that causes a "Sleep state". People have had it happen and never knew it, people knew it happened and will never say nothing for fear of being labeled "crazy". Or, "alien technology" is being used, a form of mind telepathy. We feel its the second choice....experience matters! Most humans will say, "your nuts" and go read Bible verses. Its real......it happened and nobody has any answers. They just say, "We don't care about your little green friends" Well, if its the govt you better start worrying!!!!!If it was aliens, don't worry they mean no harm. Just taking some samples back to the mother ship..........nothing to fear, don't be scared.

above and beyond

#71416 Jan 20, 2013
nemesis wrote:
<quoted text>Bingo! So, lets say its the govt. They just use that ability occasionally. No big deal. They send energy at the brain that causes a "Sleep state". People have had it happen and never knew it, people knew it happened and will never say nothing for fear of being labeled "crazy". Or, "alien technology" is being used, a form of mind telepathy. We feel its the second choice....experience matters! Most humans will say, "your nuts" and go read Bible verses. Its real......it happened and nobody has any answers. They just say, "We don't care about your little green friends" Well, if its the govt you better start worrying!!!!!If it was aliens, don't worry they mean no harm. Just taking some samples back to the mother ship..........nothing to fear, don't be scared.
The method of causing or inducing a sleep state is what I need. I have a very active mind. Reading at night and watching TV puts me to sleep though so it all depends on what I'm reading and what program is on. Kind of hypnosis.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#71417 Jan 20, 2013
nemesis wrote:
Dark city?...lol
nemesis

Kansas City, MO

#71418 Jan 20, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
The method of causing or inducing a sleep state is what I need. I have a very active mind. Reading at night and watching TV puts me to sleep though so it all depends on what I'm reading and what program is on. Kind of hypnosis.
We had many questions prior to our encounter. One question was answered....."We are NOT alone in the universe". Next question. Why do aliens insist on being like gray ghost and make humans fear them? The more we learn, the more we understand that with the universe having infinite earth-like planets the odds of an advanced civilization existing is fact, not fiction. Why they will not make direct and factual contact is a mystery. Science does not have a clue. All the number crunching in the universe will never answer that question. Again, we understand the "negative" response.......we know what happened was real.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#71419 Jan 20, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
thinking the cube analogy...Here's an article on Hoyle's intelligent universe
http://home.planet.nl/~gkorthof/pdf/korthof47...
very interesting read...there's a lot of ideas that I was not aware of presented....I read somewhere that there was deep mining operation in western US, that cut into solid rock and they found flint artifacts.
The rocks that house these artifacts were dated like a million years old or older...alot of things are swept under the rug if they don't support current mainstream scientific ideology.

above and beyond

#71420 Jan 20, 2013
nemesis wrote:
<quoted text>We had many questions prior to our encounter. One question was answered....."We are NOT alone in the universe". Next question. Why do aliens insist on being like gray ghost and make humans fear them? The more we learn, the more we understand that with the universe having infinite earth-like planets the odds of an advanced civilization existing is fact, not fiction. Why they will not make direct and factual contact is a mystery. Science does not have a clue. All the number crunching in the universe will never answer that question. Again, we understand the "negative" response.......we know what happened was real.
Please describe your encounter with these aliens. Do they really look like what they describe them to be?
nemesis

Kansas City, MO

#71421 Jan 20, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Please describe your encounter with these aliens. Do they really look like what they describe them to be?
We encountered a craft not the occupants of the craft. At a distance of 10-15 ft away hovering and slowly crusing over our auto. The bottom was covered with red glowing pamels approx. 6-8" wide and 2' long. They didnt rotate or make a sound as it crused slowly over our auto. It was twighlight at the time, so he craft was almost invisible os transparent. It was an awsome experience!Why these entities will not make contact with such God fearing and violent beings is .....shocking indeed! Not!

above and beyond

#71422 Jan 20, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
very interesting read...there's a lot of ideas that I was not aware of presented....I read somewhere that there was deep mining operation in western US, that cut into solid rock and they found flint artifacts.
The rocks that house these artifacts were dated like a million years old or older...alot of things are swept under the rug if they don't support current mainstream scientific ideology.
Were they from Wyoming? lol
nemesis

Kansas City, MO

#71423 Jan 20, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Were they from Wyoming? lol
No, thats where Adam and Steve live! LOL!!!!

above and beyond

#71424 Jan 20, 2013
nemesis wrote:
<quoted text>We encountered a craft not the occupants of the craft. At a distance of 10-15 ft away hovering and slowly crusing over our auto. The bottom was covered with red glowing pamels approx. 6-8" wide and 2' long. They didnt rotate or make a sound as it crused slowly over our auto. It was twighlight at the time, so he craft was almost invisible os transparent. It was an awsome experience!Why these entities will not make contact with such God fearing and violent beings is .....shocking indeed! Not!
I believe these things are from a different dimension. I watched a documentary about people who were part of an experiment. They wanted to see what happens when a person don't sleep for days. And the tests showed the subjects encountered the same things - a presence of something in the room like these entities you are talking about. It's probably why I get these same feelings after I've experienced not sleeping or eating for three days! lol

It's probably why some religions tell you to fast for days, because it kind of takes you to this level of trance and experience the unknown, or God.

But be careful!

above and beyond

#71425 Jan 20, 2013
nemesis wrote:
<quoted text>No, thats where Adam and Steve live! LOL!!!!
Were Adam and Steve Amish? lol
nemesis

Kansas City, MO

#71426 Jan 20, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe these things are from a different dimension. I watched a documentary about people who were part of an experiment. They wanted to see what happens when a person don't sleep for days. And the tests showed the subjects encountered the same things - a presence of something in the room like these entities you are talking about. It's probably why I get these same feelings after I've experienced not sleeping or eating for three days! lol
It's probably why some religions tell you to fast for days, because it kind of takes you to this level of trance and experience the unknown, or God.
But be careful!
Im not trying to scare you....it just happened. We wre not even thinking about anything like that. It just happened. So, two people can have the same dream in the same instant?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jimmy Swaggart Ministries Faces New Scandal (Aug '11) 6 hr SPIRITUALLY HUNGRY 394
News How To Remove Florida Arrest.org And a Dui Mug ... (Jun '11) 21 hr the shield 138
Cheating Husbands TX (Dec '13) Mar 15 Kikimorris 5
Why is everyone still single? Mar 12 Claudia 1
News $2.4 billion metals mill planned in Central Lou... Mar 9 Duckhunter 1
News 'Kissing Congressman' considering run for re-el... (Jun '14) Mar 9 swedenforever 4
News Letter: Immigration problem is nothing new Mar 1 wild child 1
More from around the web