Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,349)

Showing posts 66,961 - 66,980 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, it's not unlawful.
It is now. So you will have to take your horse love to another state.

Kabong!

“I have upset the hand of god”

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't put down the southern states in that fashion. I am from Washington state where it was legal because no one had thought it was necessary to be made illegal. In some ways I would take a second look at states that had found that they had to make it illegal, like mine sadly did when a man died from his proclivity.
I may not be correct on all southern states, but a lot of them have laws with wording like "act against nature" or something similar. I don't know what Missouri laws are. As you say, it never occurred to me to concern myself, but I grew up in the Ozarks where stories if not factual occurrences abounded. But sadly, it was not confined to animals either.

I disagree with anonymous regarding laws being on the books against bestiality in part because it is a form of cruelty to animals.

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Alaska
Arizona
Colorado
Connecticut
Florida
Hawaii
Iowa
Kentucky
Louisiana
Missouri
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Ohio
Oregon
South Dakota
Texas
Vermont
Washington
West Virginia
I see Missouri is on there. Got to be proud of that.

A very widely spread group of states. I am surprised.

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Kabong!
I don't think you can love a horse unless your friends put you up to it.

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Wolfganged wrote:
<quoted text>
Sexuality is not even the issue,I do not for the life of me understand why it's such a big deal.
I agree too. Fundamentalists seem to have a fascination with what others do with their junk.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Kabong!
Hehehe.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I see Missouri is on there. Got to be proud of that.
A very widely spread group of states. I am surprised.
So was I.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Bestiality, or more precisely, zoophilia.
It's legal in 18 US states.
Really?

O_O

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Washington should no longer be on that list. For at least the third time. Since the Enumclaw incident in 2005 it has been defined as animal abuse in my state.

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hehehe.
Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

“The golden age is before us, ”

Since: Jan 13

not behind us.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I agree too. Fundamentalists seem to have a fascination with what others do with their junk.
Yea funny that. Perhaps they should look in their own backyards and stay out of peoples private affairs... But that makes to much sense.

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Wolfganged wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea funny that. Perhaps they should look in their own backyards and stay out of peoples private affairs... But that makes to much sense.
Agreed.

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Epileptics, Tourette's patients and others aren't considered mentally handicapped in that way either. I never claimed that gays were mentally handicapped in a cognitive way. They have a medical symptom which may be the result of biology or environment. Some may have genetic reasons for the symptom, but not all. A lot of effort was made to find the "gay" gene. Nothing was found.
Freud's abstractions are awful. Even modern psychology is pathetic. Here's a good government source quote.
"The accuracy of psychiatric diagnosis was the highest for cognitive disorders 60%, followed by depression 50% and anxiety disorders 46%, whereas the accuracy of diagnosing psychosis was 0%."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3...
Well, who's to say who is political and who isn't? The question is, if homosexuality is a medical problem, then is it sensible to address it constitutionally? Race? Sex? Part of the human condition and consistent with evolution. Religion? Sexual preference? Not so absolute.
We protect the medically afflicted. We don't nurture their conditions.
I have to agree that psychology for much of its history looks like pseudoscience with unfalsifiable dogmas rather than testable hypotheses.

Perhaps now with some good hard neuroscience and direct observation we can get a bit further in understanding how we tick.

In the meantime...homosexuality is victimless, consensual behavior and therefore no more requiring government control than any other victimless activity, whatever its presumed causes. And disappointed mums or dads do not count as "victims".

As for the difference between "civil union" and "marriage", isn't that just primitive voodoo word magic? So long as any couple forms a permanent bond and is given the same rights in law (taxation, inheritance, etc) as a result of that bond, who cares what we call it?

Religions of course can forbid it internally as we always give cults the right to enforce whatever barmy idiocy they want on their subjects.

Bacon, anyone?

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I may not be correct on all southern states, but a lot of them have laws with wording like "act against nature" or something similar. I don't know what Missouri laws are. As you say, it never occurred to me to concern myself, but I grew up in the Ozarks where stories if not factual occurrences abounded. But sadly, it was not confined to animals either.
I disagree with anonymous regarding laws being on the books against bestiality in part because it is a form of cruelty to animals.
I still have to scroll back to anonymous' statement.
But do i understand that you are against laws on bestiality if they are only seen (the ratio) as a form of cruelty to animals?
I would agree since it is a rather male-oriented point of view.
Not representative of the abject actual goings on.

Sex is more often than we would ideally want about power.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Bestiality comes to mind. Yeah, because you could have meant one of three different things here. You can do what you want about the first two, but I don't want anyone messing with that last one.
You speak in riddles...or have rather more imagination than i have.

Another page back.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You just said the magic word. "legally"
Nothing about sexual preference should be part of law. Been there already. Whether it's gay sex, bigamy or animal sex, there's no legal "right" that guarantees government protection. The reasons why one may be illegal and another is not is not based on any such right or official government endorsement.
You sound like the NRA...let everybody have any kind of gun and as many as they want, because you can't prevent atrocities happening anyway.(Compared to banning heroine and why only the police should cary guns. Added to that why Obamas kids would be entiled to protection. Does he think he is the president ..or a king. Yep there was a tiny hesitation their when the spokesman realised the grotesqueness and implied racism and low opinion he just vented on international television.)

As long as privately guns can be sold without control you can stop neither, since a lot end up in f.i. Mexico to support the drugtrade.

Ban the sale of bullets and have people undergo a yearly psych evaluation plus a permit and id cheque before renewing.
If they have to protect themselves they can start clubbing.

But bestiality would usually be after the fact and when caught. Repressive acting.

Isn't everyone in America supposed to live free, happy and without harassment. I would see precedent there.
And in international human rights as well.
So homosexuality would fall under freedom of expression and human rights laws that protect minorities.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I have to point out that you ducked when I corrected you for claiming that I had invaded your personal space? I guess so.
And I am not bullying you, I am showing how pathetic your argument is, I guess you might call that bullying I am not.
And you are still the one who wants to apply a litmus test. Hypocrites rarely can see when they are being hypocritical.
You didn't correct me at all. You blustered.

My observation remains. Was your ambiguous choice of words an effort to engage in harassment? I don't need an answer. Ask yourself the question, because you claim you don't have a stake in this while I do.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'm not sure that I agree, at least not totally.
I can't say why birds choose their mates, but plumage isn't a survival strategy in itself. A male with bright plumage may be demonstrating past successful survival ability by being conspicuous. As long as that conspicuous plumage isn't compulsory for the immature males, it's showing off. I guess female birds tend to go for the punks too!
That mating pattern DOES suggest that child rearing is mostly a female responsibility for such species. Is there a moral to this story?
Plumage is a survival strategy, it is how the species improves it's genetic diversity. You speak from ignorance, that is easy to see, but you should actually look up and study something before making assertions. There are also many instances of homosexuality in many animals, we are not unique in that regard. That is what bothers you most, I am betting, having to admit that we are indeed animals.

“Go ahead.”

Since: Mar 11

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Plumage is a survival strategy, it is how the species improves it's genetic diversity. You speak from ignorance, that is easy to see, but you should actually look up and study something before making assertions. There are also many instances of homosexuality in many animals, we are not unique in that regard. That is what bothers you most, I am betting, having to admit that we are indeed animals.
Uhm...species don't set out trying to improve their genetic diversity. That sort of just happens through mutation and population increase.

Everything else you wrote is spot on though.

:)

“Go ahead.”

Since: Mar 11

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Wolfganged wrote:
<quoted text>
Sexuality is not even the issue,I do not for the life of me understand why it's such a big deal.
But...but...if homosexuality is natural then suddenly gay marriage is ok and then the whole world will stop buying gasoline and the sun will nova!

No! We cannot allow the end of all humanity!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 66,961 - 66,980 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••