Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 209417 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#71131 Jan 16, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't put the blame on someone who opened a can of your worms.
And no I am not one of those white-male haters. lol
My worms?

Anyway, I'm not sure you're a liberal either. You're all over the map.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#71132 Jan 16, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm. Would you call it discrimination to not allow an epileptic to fly a commercial airliner? All I'm interested in is perspective, not litmus test politics.
An epileptic airline pilot would be an obvious danger to humanity.

How could you say the same for a legally married gay couple?
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#71133 Jan 16, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha!
So...you came here to intimidate?
I came here to procrastinate. I know I am wasting my time trying to explain how reality works to people like you, but to be honest, I don't write for you. I write for others and use you as a foil. The things is, people without religious prejudice aren't going to ask such uninformed questions. So the forums need people like you, with all your biases and strange beliefs to drive conversations.
I used to post links to scientific articles to back up everything I write. Time after time they just get ignored - people with committed belief systems are immune to learning. You guys just ignore the science. So why bother posting the links?
Cheers.
OK, you're not here to intimidate.

What's so "hahaha" funny?

Just answer the question. Don't set up your choreography first.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#71134 Jan 16, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm. Would you call it discrimination to not allow an epileptic to fly a commercial airliner? All I'm interested in is perspective, not litmus test politics.
Then why do you insist on a litmus test for two people to get married?

You may not see it but you are being very hypocritical.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#71135 Jan 16, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
anonymous, even if, no change that, when homosexual marriage is legally recognized in your state no one will force you to marry a "homo". So you can quit worrying.
Why are you so opposed to the concept?
First, I don't like the trivialization of real liberalism, and I don't like the Democratic party litmus test.

Second, you ask "Why are you so opposed to the concept?" What was that concept? Allowing other to engage in gay marriage, or your own sub-conscious (or conscious)effort to dominate the discussion with an invasion of my personal space?

Freudian slip or is that cigar just a cigar? Hmmmm..... hmmmmmm!

“what we think we become”

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#71137 Jan 16, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
false analogy fallacy
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#71136 Jan 16, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do you insist on a litmus test for two people to get married?
You may not see it but you are being very hypocritical.
I already said, remove all financial considerations from the act of marriage, and get government out of the business of marriage. Problem solved.

Everett, WA

#71138 Jan 16, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I don't like the trivialization of real liberalism, and I don't like the Democratic party litmus test.
Second, you ask "Why are you so opposed to the concept?" What was that concept? Allowing other to engage in gay marriage, or your own sub-conscious (or conscious)effort to dominate the discussion with an invasion of my personal space?
anonymous, this is a public forum. You have no "personal space" here. And why do you think this is a Democratic party litmus test? When this motion failed in California it had more to do with the Democrats than the Republicans. The black and latino population voted strongly against it. In my state it passed largely because they aimed most of their advertisements towards Republicans. This is not a party issue.

Everett, WA

#71139 Jan 16, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>I already said, remove all financial considerations from the act of marriage, and get government out of the business of marriage. Problem solved.
Once government has a power it practically never gives it up freely. Live in the real world, government is not going to get out of the marriage business. So why shouldn't gay people have the same rights in regard to their spouse as straight people?
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#71140 Jan 16, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
An epileptic airline pilot would be an obvious danger to humanity.
How could you say the same for a legally married gay couple?
You just said the magic word. "legally"

Nothing about sexual preference should be part of law. Been there already. Whether it's gay sex, bigamy or animal sex, there's no legal "right" that guarantees government protection. The reasons why one may be illegal and another is not is not based on any such right or official government endorsement.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#71141 Jan 16, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wondering...do you happen to lick windows?

“Help religion science wander”

Since: Jan 11

into the night.

#71142 Jan 16, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't put the blame on someone who opened a can of your worms.
And no I am not one of those white-male haters. lol
Glad to hear that.

into the night.

#71143 Jan 16, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You just said the magic word. "legally"
Nothing about sexual preference should be part of law. Been there already. Whether it's gay sex, bigamy or animal sex, there's no legal "right" that guarantees government protection. The reasons why one may be illegal and another is not is not based on any such right or official government endorsement.
When you say "animal sex" are you talking about sex between humans and animals, sex between animal and animal or really awesome sex?
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#71144 Jan 16, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
anonymous, this is a public forum. You have no "personal space" here. And why do you think this is a Democratic party litmus test? When this motion failed in California it had more to do with the Democrats than the Republicans. The black and latino population voted strongly against it. In my state it passed largely because they aimed most of their advertisements towards Republicans. This is not a party issue.
Because this is a public forum, I can call it a litmus test and that is what it is. However, you are confirming my observations that minorities don't tend to support gay marriage. It's because the topic trivializes real rights issues.

But don't believe me. Just don't ask questions about litmus tests if you're just acting out your choreography and the point couldn't be made more clearly yet never get through to you.

into the night.

#71145 Jan 16, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what that means, but I am fascinated.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#71146 Jan 16, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but if you're referring to the kids who ride the short bus to special ed classes, I did grow up with one. Do you think that's funny?

into the night.

#71147 Jan 16, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Sexual attraction is driven by genetics, it's connected to the reproduction system a species utilizes to assist in genetic diversity. Are you saying that the birds which choose based on plumage are just choosing based entirely on cosmetic traits as well? Same thing.
I haven't read the articles yet, but I came across some research indicating that there may be an epigenetic component to homosexuality. Either way there is a strong biological origin for sexual attraction and it isn't a medical condition as some would have us believe. It sounds like you are up on this, but sometimes I write in the extra stuff for other readers.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#71148 Jan 16, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
false analogy fallacy
False analogy to what? You're posing.

Just answer the question.

Everett, WA

#71149 Jan 16, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Because this is a public forum, I can call it a litmus test and that is what it is. However, you are confirming my observations that minorities don't tend to support gay marriage. It's because the topic trivializes real rights issues.
But don't believe me. Just don't ask questions about litmus tests if you're just acting out your choreography and the point couldn't be made more clearly yet never get through to you.
You screwed up and you ducked. Bad form and a loss right off the start.

How does the quest for gay rights trivialize anyone else' quest? Gay people have rights too, even though you may not think so. When idiots say idiotic things I tend to try to see if they can defend them, they practically never can. Thanks for showing that you cannot defend your idiotic claims.

“what we think we become”

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#71150 Jan 16, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you hate the Amish Mafia too?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Louisiana accordionist Buckwheat Zydeco has died 2 hr Old Sam 1
Jimmy swaggert (Feb '16) 8 hr thomas gibbons 3
Jimmy Swaggart Ministries Faces New Scandal (Aug '11) Sep 22 tom g 535
News This is NOT OKAY | Austin Westdale Parke former... (Jul '08) Sep 17 Www 15
#1 Bisexual Dating Site in US (Sep '13) Sep 14 JessicaKen 22
News America and Israel Share a Weird Political Path... Sep 5 Cath League of Du... 54
News Anti-Nazi PAC to defeat David Duke includes ex-... Sep 3 zionism is racism 1
More from around the web