Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
55,941 - 55,960 of 114,536 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> His works is on the internet, find out.
Hopefully he has better grammar than you.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

I believe the oldest language may be Hebrew and it was once known as the language of Canaan. One of the oldest writings in Hebrew is in that language and it is on the Moabite Stone. Babylon and the Assyrian empire played a great part in the history of ancient Hebrew.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
I believe the oldest language may be Hebrew and it was once known as the language of Canaan. One of the oldest writings in Hebrew is in that language and it is on the Moabite Stone. Babylon and the Assyrian empire played a great part in the history of ancient Hebrew.
Wrong
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong
THINK! Is Assyria centered in Mesopotania and isn't the biblical land of Shinar in a plain in Mesopotania? Didn't the Assyrian empire hold the Canaanites captive for 100 years in the Caucasus mountains?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Darwinist Evolutionist would have you believe we are nothing more than apes or some of them would have you think you are related to a pig. The Bible tells us different and Jesus said that you are of great value to our Creator. People have been misrepresenting science and making it a religion which changes often when it comes to Darwinism and the Evolution vs Creation debate. Let God be true in your life and believe Jesus and he will lead you the right way.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
Darwinist Evolutionist would have you believe we are nothing more than apes or some of them would have you think you are related to a pig. The Bible tells us different and Jesus said that you are of great value to our Creator. People have been misrepresenting science and making it a religion which changes often when it comes to Darwinism and the Evolution vs Creation debate. Let God be true in your life and believe Jesus and he will lead you the right way.
Yes, the Bible has been shown to be wrong many times. Thanks for bringing up that additional way that it is in error. Of course we are related to a pig. It is a rather distant relationship, but we are more closely related to a pig than we are to an iguana.

Why does this simple fact bother creatards?

Since: Jul 12

Everton, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
It appears all that anyone wants to talk about here is languages.

I have said many times here that TOE is a philosophy, as you are more or less suggesting.

TOE is based on the philosophical assumption that all life arose without the hand of God. From here theist evolutionists throw in their slant.

Hence, it does not matter if we are 99% the same as a chimp or 99% different, it does not matter if all our dna is functional or 98% is junk. It does not matter if one single finding can over turn the current thinking of the day, because evolutionists come from the standpoint that evolution must be true and they will interpret any data from an evolutionary base.

Evolutionists have made many claims that have been refuted.

I, personally don't really care how God created. What I believe is that to conclude that if a deity exists their ability is determined by what mankind understands at present is the height of arrogance. After all, we are refering to a life form we know nothing about.

Evolutionists made huge claims in relation to junk DNA being evidence that God could not have created. Their claim was that 98% of the genome had no function in non coding dna. Now it appears that evolutionary scientists have found 80% of DNA to be functional.

A long standing creationist prediction is that all dna will be found to be functional. DNA does not have to be vital, it simply needs to be functional in some way.

The same goes for vestigial organs. This was another great evolutionary claim. Having organs that were left over from 'evolutionary change' that had absolutely no function was great evidence for TOE. However, with further research this is not what scientists have found. What they have found is that many organs proposed as being vestigial do in fact have function. The appendix is an example. The so called legs on whales have become not only a part but a vital part of the reproductive system etc.

Again, creationists can predict that if mankind was created there would be no organ that was simply left over from evolution that had no function. Evolutionist claims are being slowly erroded so much so that the definition of vestigial was redefined to suggest an organ that had changed its function.

The claims around junk dna and vestegial organs are an example of evolutionists continually making claims and predictions that are from a philosophical base. When their claims or predictions do not materialize they simply change them with the wave of a hand.

What has stood the test of time, unlike the changing face of evolutionary theory, is that these two creationist predictions have remained stable. Not only have they remained stable, they also are being supported more by research as time goes by.

Since: Jul 12

Everton, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the Bible has been shown to be wrong many times. Thanks for bringing up that additional way that it is in error. Of course we are related to a pig. It is a rather distant relationship, but we are more closely related to a pig than we are to an iguana.
Why does this simple fact bother creatards?
The bible has not been shown to be wrong many times at all. It is only cretins that want to mine quote and think they know it all that just such a thing.

In fact the majority of the claims against the bible have been shown to be outdated.

People laughed at the bibles suggestion that the moon was created after the earth. That was up until these bright ones found evidence that indeed the moon was created after the earth.

Then there was all the woffle about how can plants live without sunlight. Of course it has been found that plants do not need sunlight and any source of energy can support life, including the light and energy produced at the creation.

The bible spoke to a universal beginning before modern science. Genesis was the first to speak of what may be found in the fossil record beginning with earth, plants, animals then mankind. In fact the only two kinds that are out of order are birds and whales and the nested hierarchoes of these are a mess.

I can present research, from evo researchers BTW, that have found bird footprints dated to 212mya and more than halfway back to the devonian

I can present research, from evo researchers, that date a recent basilosaurus to 49mya and predates Indohyus.

Many biblical structures not accepted have been found. Parts of the NT have been found dated to the 1st century AD refuting a heck of a lot of the woffle the intelligencia and all their ramblings previously put forth.

Homology is not more than pick a box of triats that suit. For over 150 years the bones in human wrists 'proved' mankind evolved from a knuckle walker. This was refuted on the back of one single fossil find in Ardi.

The same goes for dna comparisons.

Some organism had to be closer to man than another. Terms like deletions of huge chunks of genomic material, insertions, recombinations, multiplications, gentic and morphological homoplasy, convergent evolution etc etc, are all terms that speak to the vast differences between human and chimp dna. More recently it has been found that the expression differs by a whopping 80%.

The simple fact that bothers creationists is that evos are evotards when they suggest that TOE is supported by more than hand waving.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

McMurdo Station

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
Well, The Akkadians and Sumerians were speaking and writing around 5100 years ago, as were the Egyptians...I KNOW they weren't speaking, or writing, Hebrew

The Chinese were a fairly big population around 7,000 years ago...I don't think they were speaking Hebrew.

11,000 years ago there was a population in Gobekli Tepe in Turkey that was building what some archaeologists believe were religious forums. I don't think they were speaking Hebrew.

North and South America was populated around 15,000 years ago and I don't think they spoke Hebrew, despite the Mormon beliefs that they were Jews that came to the 'New World' in a submarine.

15,000 years ago much of Europe and Asia were populated, as was Australia...I wonder what language they were speaking??

“Darwin was right..of course.”

McMurdo Station

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
Darwinist Evolutionist would have you believe we are nothing more than apes
This has been pretty much proven by archaeology, paleoanthropology, and DNA science.

You probably even carry some small percentage of Neanderthal genes/blood in your body.
Russell

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Now children remember, nothing, when left to itself turns into everything. This is how everything 'evolved' isn't it?? Oh don't forget, hydrogen, when left long enough turns into people. If you believe that you have great faith. Evolution is a religious faith - a substitute for Christianity. There is not one shred of evidence for evolution. Just lots of blind faith. Science has always supported what the Bible says about our origins, and other things. Gasp, stretch.. Has anything jumped out of the blender? Remember?? We did an experiment to see if life would jump out of a soup made up of amino acids, enzymes, proteins etc. All right I'll not keep you in suspense any longer. The answer is.... no! Life will not jump out of the chemical soup. Sorry for the disappointment. Life can only come from life:

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Now which smartypants can tell me the reference for this bible verse??
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Russell wrote:
Now children remember, nothing, when left to itself turns into everything. This is how everything 'evolved' isn't it?? Oh don't forget, hydrogen, when left long enough turns into people. If you believe that you have great faith. Evolution is a religious faith - a substitute for Christianity. There is not one shred of evidence for evolution. Just lots of blind faith. Science has always supported what the Bible says about our origins, and other things. Gasp, stretch.. Has anything jumped out of the blender? Remember?? We did an experiment to see if life would jump out of a soup made up of amino acids, enzymes, proteins etc. All right I'll not keep you in suspense any longer. The answer is.... no! Life will not jump out of the chemical soup. Sorry for the disappointment. Life can only come from life:
Thanks for the great post.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

The real evidence plainly suggest that patterned systems adapt to sustain life and reproduce it, and cycles of life sustain. Evolution claimed that linear simple to more complex random events cause it, but now it is unclear what rabbit they will pull out of their hats in the face of new findings.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:

This is just your ignorance talking.

Science does not put itself up against religion. It is the fearful religionists who do this.

Evolution is a simple biological fact. If you cannot reconcile that with your religious beliefs then that is your failing, not the failing of either science or God.

You just try to spread your fear and stir up the seeds of delusion in the faithful who have no issues with science. This is the work of Satan that you are doing.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears all that anyone wants to talk about here is languages.
I have said many times here that TOE is a philosophy, as you are more or less suggesting.
TOE is based on the philosophical assumption that all life arose without the hand of God. From here theist evolutionists throw in their slant.
Hence, it does not matter if we are 99% the same as a chimp or 99% different, it does not matter if all our dna is functional or 98% is junk. It does not matter if one single finding can over turn the current thinking of the day, because evolutionists come from the standpoint that evolution must be true and they will interpret any data from an evolutionary base.
Evolutionists have made many claims that have been refuted.
I, personally don't really care how God created. What I believe is that to conclude that if a deity exists their ability is determined by what mankind understands at present is the height of arrogance. After all, we are refering to a life form we know nothing about.
Evolutionists made huge claims in relation to junk DNA being evidence that God could not have created. Their claim was that 98% of the genome had no function in non coding dna. Now it appears that evolutionary scientists have found 80% of DNA to be functional.
A long standing creationist prediction is that all dna will be found to be functional. DNA does not have to be vital, it simply needs to be functional in some way.
The same goes for vestigial organs. This was another great evolutionary claim. Having organs that were left over from 'evolutionary change' that had absolutely no function was great evidence for TOE. However, with further research this is not what scientists have found. What they have found is that many organs proposed as being vestigial do in fact have function. The appendix is an example. The so called legs on whales have become not only a part but a vital part of the reproductive system etc.
Again, creationists can predict that if mankind was created there would be no organ that was simply left over from evolution that had no function. Evolutionist claims are being slowly erroded so much so that the definition of vestigial was redefined to suggest an organ that had changed its function.
The claims around junk dna and vestegial organs are an example of evolutionists continually making claims and predictions that are from a philosophical base. When their claims or predictions do not materialize they simply change them with the wave of a hand.
What has stood the test of time, unlike the changing face of evolutionary theory, is that these two creationist predictions have remained stable. Not only have they remained stable, they also are being supported more by research as time goes by.

Didn't I run you off of this thread?

Maybe it was the other one.

I refuted your lies and you ran away. Nothing you say has a shread of truth to it as I proved.

Do you still have your wisdom teeth?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible has not been shown to be wrong many times at all. It is only cretins that want to mine quote and think they know it all that just such a thing.
In fact the majority of the claims against the bible have been shown to be outdated.
People laughed at the bibles suggestion that the moon was created after the earth. That was up until these bright ones found evidence that indeed the moon was created after the earth.
Then there was all the woffle about how can plants live without sunlight. Of course it has been found that plants do not need sunlight and any source of energy can support life, including the light and energy produced at the creation.
The bible spoke to a universal beginning before modern science. Genesis was the first to speak of what may be found in the fossil record beginning with earth, plants, animals then mankind. In fact the only two kinds that are out of order are birds and whales and the nested hierarchoes of these are a mess.
I can present research, from evo researchers BTW, that have found bird footprints dated to 212mya and more than halfway back to the devonian
I can present research, from evo researchers, that date a recent basilosaurus to 49mya and predates Indohyus.
Many biblical structures not accepted have been found. Parts of the NT have been found dated to the 1st century AD refuting a heck of a lot of the woffle the intelligencia and all their ramblings previously put forth.
Homology is not more than pick a box of triats that suit. For over 150 years the bones in human wrists 'proved' mankind evolved from a knuckle walker. This was refuted on the back of one single fossil find in Ardi.
The same goes for dna comparisons.
Some organism had to be closer to man than another. Terms like deletions of huge chunks of genomic material, insertions, recombinations, multiplications, gentic and morphological homoplasy, convergent evolution etc etc, are all terms that speak to the vast differences between human and chimp dna. More recently it has been found that the expression differs by a whopping 80%.
The simple fact that bothers creationists is that evos are evotards when they suggest that TOE is supported by more than hand waving.

Is there anything here that I have not refuted? Once something is refuted and you continue to say it you are no longer just wrong, you are then a liar, too.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the great post.

Who but a minister of Satan would encourage people to lie?

You encourage people to lie out of love for the master liar.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:

This is wrong. Hebrew is not the oldest language. Egyptian is 2,000 years older than Hebrew and even it is not the oldest language.

You love to spread lies that you make up with the help of your master.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
The real evidence plainly suggest that patterned systems adapt to sustain life and reproduce it, and cycles of life sustain. Evolution claimed that linear simple to more complex random events cause it, but now it is unclear what rabbit they will pull out of their hats in the face of new findings.

Crack induced gibberish.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Russell wrote:
\

John 8:44

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••