Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#53238 Oct 17, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Correction:
I am indirectly or directly telling you the truth. I am in favour of language because, all subjects or disciplines, are simply a form of communication.

Why don't you just write in your native language and I can run it through a translator on the net. You English is just incomprehensible most of the time.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#53239 Oct 17, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Lol.
Try that help to one of your cousins, babbons, chimpazees, monkeys and many others. I think they will be most grateful to you. Lol.

Again, I don't think you understood what I wrote. Here is the post you replied to. Please note that your response makes no sense as a reply to what I said.

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
As understanding what is in people heads (hearts) is my profession I hope I at least have some, god given, skill in that regard!
Again, your response was off topic as I never claimed to be god. I was just trying to help you with your anger and self esteem issues.
I also try to help you with your English. For my efforts I receive nothing but vitriol from you. I guess appreciation is a bit to much to expect for my service to you.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#53240 Oct 17, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The bible is written by men, inspired by God. If really the bible is not a Godly inspiration, it would have been history by now. But to no avail.
Ah, so the Jews were right all along!

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#53241 Oct 17, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The bible is written by men, inspired by God. If really the bible is not a Godly inspiration, it would have been history by now. But to no avail.

Okay, I understood what you said in this post! That is wonderful.

Why would the bible be history. Other works that are even older have survived and done quite well, even works of fiction. So there is no reason to assume that just because the bible is still around that it is inspired by God. It may be true, but the logic does not follow.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#53242 Oct 17, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Our hero is back in action again! He's sealed the mummy that wouldn't die back into the tomb after tricking it in with some gummy bears.
Now he must seal the gateway with the spell of the Ancient Incontinence. All that library work must pay off now! The mummy MUST NOT find its way back into the light of day. Its hideous screams of "Mommy!!!" must not reach the ears of the living ever again!
He placed the amulet back on the altar, where it was removed years ago by the cursed Professor X. He brought his notes out of his shirt pocket and offered the gift of Frankincense and nasal excretions to the altar bowl of penance. He spoke the ancient words of the Zoroastran monks from the Order of Bad Grammar.
Would the mummy be forever sealed? Would it spend eternity chasing itself through the ancient passages that it dug for itself so long ago? Our hero slumped back against the gateway door. He was exhausted. Never again would he invite the undead into the living world where it would never find peace.
The dues of English language, has been paid a long time ago, during the colonial rule. Harvard and Yale university, are some good evidence to that.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#53243 Oct 17, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Get a day old chimp or monkey, start training that animal like humans, till the animal grows up. Send that animal to the best school, and see whether that animal will ever graduate out of that school. This is just practical. The differences are very clear.

Again I was able to make out what you are saying in your post, but your logic does not follow. We are all decended from worm like creatures that lived over half a billion years ago. Would you expect a worm to be successful at college?

And on the other end I bet if you had to survive in the seas of ancient earth you would not do even so well as the worm in college!!!

The difference are very clear.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#53244 Oct 17, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are of the bands of losers and liars.

You are of the bands of losers and liars.

At least when I say it the sentence follows from the post I am responding to.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#53245 Oct 17, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Typos:
I meant, if you don't know, the dues has been paid during the colonial times. Harvard and Yale university, are some good examples.

I'm very sorry, but this makes no more sense than what you wrote the first time.

You can now respond with a poorly worded insult as is your custom.

Location hidden

#53246 Oct 17, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about?
Here is what I said again:
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I have thus clarified my stance.
Mathematics is not a science in the same sense that Chemistry, Evolution, Physics, Anthropology,..... are sciences. It is an applied science and only a small portion is devoted to research. Mostly, as it is actually used BY science is as a language,... i.e. a method of describing fundamental reality in precise terms.
-----
You seem (again I am not sure of your exact meaning) to be trying to say that science needs mathematics to do its job.[Please type the number 5 at the beginning of your response if you have read this and comprehend it.] That would be correct. When have I ever suggested otherwise? Again, I don't think you comprehended my post before you responded emotionally to it.
Calculus, Integration, differentiation, exponentials, logarithms, surds, indices, sines, cosines, tangents, metric systems, reciprocals to mention a few, are Mathematical concepts, Physics and Chemistry, can never ever do without. Except they want to rest in peace, forever.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#53247 Oct 17, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The dues of English language, has been paid a long time ago, during the colonial rule. Harvard and Yale university, are some good evidence to that.

AAAARRRRRRGGGGG! Why do you keep repeating this barrage of random words!?!?!?!

Harvard pains the initiate. The displayed table scores. The yellow chicken waters a biting vacuum. Can English drain the wrapped billfold?

http://www.watchout4snakes.com/creativitytool...

Location hidden

#53248 Oct 17, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you are ranting about something I never suggested. This reflects a lack of reading comprehension on your part.
College courses are not all language though they are presented in a language. I am not sure if this is a misunderstanding or if you just feel the need to say anything no matter how asinine.
Grow up and be serious for once, Clown. Mathematics, as a subject or course of study, is under the faculty or college of science, in my country. This Mathematics to be science. In yours, no.
So, this is just a matter of choice( an Economics concept).

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#53249 Oct 17, 2012
Mary wrote:
Our God is an awesome God.
Your god is a myth...as are ALL others

Location hidden

#53250 Oct 17, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
??? We are not talking about disproving the creations of God or at the expense of any faith (except pseudoscience). We are talking about the fact of evolution.
Furthermore, you have just denied the understanding of hundreds of millions of Christians from around the world. Do you understand that you just did that?
Please reread what I wrote and try to look into the matter more deeply.
----------
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
This is incorrect.
1. Evolution has no stand on God, beliefs, theology, etc.
2. The theory of evolution was first proposed by a man who believed in god.
3. The early supporters of the theory were mostly Christians.
4. Major Christian universities nearly all teach evolution in their science department.
5. The majority of U.S. Christian denominations that have expressed an opinion on Evolution have stated that it does not conflict with Christian beliefs.
6. Millions of biological scientists around the world are Christians or members of other theistic religions.
7. Clergy Letter Project
http://www.theclergyletterproject.org/
8. Thank God For Evolution
www.thankgodforevolution.com/
Also, Evolution IS a science. In fact (as I have told you before) it is one of the hallmark sciences in terms of explication of the scientific method. Darwin is regarded, among scientists, and one of the 3 greatest scientists of all time. It is also the science that has more material evidence than any other theory in the history of science.
Evolution is BOTH a Theory AND a FACT
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_as_fact_and_t ...
I hope this helps you clarify your mispreception of evolution as being somehow "anti - godly beliefs".
You are welcome.
Evolution of apes to humans, is a lie. To date, their so called evidence, are just manipulations, guessings, shams and projections, just to mention a few. No valid evidence, to date.

Location hidden

#53251 Oct 17, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just write in your native language and I can run it through a translator on the net. You English is just incomprehensible most of the time.
Observation, Mr. English professor?
What is you English ?
I really thought that, it is only people like us, that can make such a mistake. Lol.

Location hidden

#53252 Oct 17, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I don't think you understood what I wrote. Here is the post you replied to. Please note that your response makes no sense as a reply to what I said.
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
As understanding what is in people heads (hearts) is my profession I hope I at least have some, god given, skill in that regard!
Again, your response was off topic as I never claimed to be god. I was just trying to help you with your anger and self esteem issues.
I also try to help you with your English. For my efforts I receive nothing but vitriol from you. I guess appreciation is a bit to much to expect for my service to you.
If you are looking for living animals to educate, the babbons, monkeys etc, are all there, waiting for your visit. Do that quickly!

Location hidden

#53253 Oct 17, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I understood what you said in this post! That is wonderful.
Why would the bible be history. Other works that are even older have survived and done quite well, even works of fiction. So there is no reason to assume that just because the bible is still around that it is inspired by God. It may be true, but the logic does not follow.
There are so many countless ancient books, but the bible, is widely read, world wide. That, other could not do.

Location hidden

#53254 Oct 17, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I was able to make out what you are saying in your post, but your logic does not follow. We are all decended from worm like creatures that lived over half a billion years ago. Would you expect a worm to be successful at college?
And on the other end I bet if you had to survive in the seas of ancient earth you would not do even so well as the worm in college!!!
The difference are very clear.
I0 million years, and the likes. Another form of exaggeration.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#53255 Oct 17, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The dues of English language, has been paid a long time ago, during the colonial rule. Harvard and Yale university, are some good evidence to that.
Our hero finds himself exhausted on the floor of the temple. Suddenly, yet another tomb bat, the dreaded scholastic quote bat, is coming at him to punish him with arcane words of old English.

He thinks to himself, "I think I AM!" Sadly, the bat is Italian and cannot conjugate without clear masculine and feminine verb action. He switched over to American and gives the bat a fatal concussion with his pistol butt, never realizing the poor choreography!

He left the tomb and began his journey back to civilization.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#53256 Oct 17, 2012
Daniel Webster

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our overthrow. Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from anothe quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence. I must confess that I do apprehend some danger. I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men and become the instruments of their own undoing."

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster, and what has happened once in 6000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution, for if the American Constitution should fail, there will be anarchy throughout the world."

"If we abide by the principles taught in the Bible, our country will go
Elohim

Branford, CT

#53257 Oct 17, 2012
wolverine wrote:
Daniel Webster
"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our overthrow. Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from anothe quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence. I must confess that I do apprehend some danger. I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men and become the instruments of their own undoing."
"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster, and what has happened once in 6000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution, for if the American Constitution should fail, there will be anarchy throughout the world."
"If we abide by the principles taught in the Bible, our country will go
"Fascism will come wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Number of Louisiana towns have pit bull bans wh... Dec 22 countrylad 18
Gay marriage ruling appealed to La. Supreme Court Dec 19 KiMare 42
Jimmy Swaggart Ministries Faces New Scandal (Aug '11) Dec 18 peter 365
new orleans roads Dec 15 jimmifsu85 2
Jerry Lee Lewis sustained by brief glory Dec 13 squeezers 2
Louisiana voters decide fate of Mary Landrieu, ... Dec 12 serfs up 46
Republicans closing in on ninth Senate pickup i... Dec 7 tha Professor 102
More from around the web