Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 2,454)

Showing posts 49,061 - 49,080 of111,934
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51234
Oct 8, 2012
 
Subduction Zone wrote:
Starky's views on the supposed decreasing number of atheists is based upon one poorly run survey which would have an error bar greater than the supposed change in number of atheists.
And of course it was a survey based upon Americans, not the whole world.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51235
Oct 8, 2012
 
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I meant more like life was created out of stuff.
The universe was born from quantum fluctuations that created a potential difference in an infinite infinitesimal.
Again we agree. The video I linked goes over that, in a bit more rigorous of a discussion. Still aimed at the general populace, or the educated general populace. He explains how the universe is "flat" and why it has to be "flat". Of course that is an idea that Starkey would get totally wrong.

“"Fortitudine Vincimus"”

Since: Oct 09

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51236
Oct 8, 2012
 
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever come up with that proof that god exists??
Given the nature of, and how the world views "god", it is equally as valid to pose the same question to you....
did you ever come up with that proof that god does not exist?

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51237
Oct 8, 2012
 
Subduction Zone wrote:
Starky's views on the supposed decreasing number of atheists is based upon one poorly run survey which would have an error bar greater than the supposed change in number of atheists.
LOL

Must be the "thin Denver air"

"Stuff's gettin better"
2012

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51238
Oct 8, 2012
 
Joe USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Given the nature of, and how the world views "god", it is equally as valid to pose the same question to you....
did you ever come up with that proof that god does not exist?
The standard in science if there is no evidence to support a the existence of something is to use the Null Hypothesis:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Null_hypothesis

In the case of the existence of god that means the standard is to assume that in absence of evidence is that he does not exist.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51239
Oct 8, 2012
 
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Must be the "thin Denver air"
"Stuff's gettin better"
2012
Yes, you do debate about as well as Obama.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51240
Oct 8, 2012
 
Langoliers wrote:
"No statement about the real world can be "proven absolutely"
Here is an absolute proven fact in the real world. "You're reading this right now"
Metastatements aren't about the real world. They are about statements.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51241
Oct 8, 2012
 
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
There is more testimony of Gods existence than there is of a missing link.
In fact, most oath's of office require that the person taking the oath swear to God.
People place their hand on a book with Gods words swearing to tell the truth.(So help you God)
Do you swear to the missing link that you'll tell the truth next time you post?
:)
"Stuff's gettin better"
2012
So where is that proof?? Where or when can I see it?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51242
Oct 8, 2012
 
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
There is more testimony of Gods existence than there is of a missing link.
In fact, most oath's of office require that the person taking the oath swear to God.
People place their hand on a book with Gods words swearing to tell the truth.(So help you God)
Do you swear to the missing link that you'll tell the truth next time you post?
:)
"Stuff's gettin better"
2012
Oh, by the way, there is no missing link anymore, all the evidence has come together with DNA's contribution to the archaeological and paleoanthropological evidence.

One more gap closed for you guys

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51243
Oct 8, 2012
 
Joe USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Given the nature of, and how the world views "god", it is equally as valid to pose the same question to you....
did you ever come up with that proof that god does not exist?
I keep looking for proof of god...and I can find none...can you help me??

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51244
Oct 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
So where is that proof?? Where or when can I see it?
I never said there was proof.
I said there is as much proof as there is that Man evolved from apes.
LOL

"Stuff's gettin better"
2012

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51245
Oct 8, 2012
 
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, by the way, there is no missing link anymore, all the evidence has come together with DNA's contribution to the archaeological and paleoanthropological evidence.
One more gap closed for you guys
Then it is as I suspected, apes did in fact evolve from liberals.

"Stuff's gettin better"
2012

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51246
Oct 8, 2012
 
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said there was proof.
I said there is as much proof as there is that Man evolved from apes.
LOL
"Stuff's gettin better"
2012
Then you probably need to check into what DNA science has been up to lately. You can also visit the Smithsonian: http://humanorigins.si.edu/

Also, we know there was never an Adam and Eve.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51247
Oct 8, 2012
 
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it is as I suspected, apes did in fact evolve from liberals.
"Stuff's gettin better"
2012
Oh yeah, you probably have some small percentage of Neanderthal blood/genes in your body.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51248
Oct 8, 2012
 
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
And of course it was a survey based upon Americans, not the whole world.
Of Course.......Like Anyone Else Really Matters ?
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51249
Oct 8, 2012
 
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you probably need to check into what DNA science has been up to lately. You can also visit the Smithsonian: http://humanorigins.si.edu/
Also, we know there was never an Adam and Eve.
You, And They, Dont Know SQuat.....Just Floundering For A Vowel.

I Could Bury A Rabbit Carcass, Say 100 Years Ago....Some Scientologist Would Have You Believe It was A New Realitive Of The Hobbit Family.

Lets No Let Real Facts Get In Your Or Their Way.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51250
Oct 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, you probably have some small percentage of Neanderthal blood/genes in your body.
With Your Analogy, Women Should Be Called Prickupines....If They Had As Many Pricks Sticking Out Of Them, As They Had Stuck In Them.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51251
Oct 8, 2012
 
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it is as I suspected, apes did in fact evolve from liberals.
"Stuff's gettin better"
2012
Its Worse Then We Thought...Look In The White House....Odumbo IS The Missing Link.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51252
Oct 8, 2012
 
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep looking for proof of god...and I can find none...can you help me??
You Can Lead A Horse To Water.....But If Hes To Stupid To Drink...???

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51253
Oct 8, 2012
 
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>

Lets No Let Real Facts Get In Your Or Their Way.
Yeah that seems to be the creationists credo. Present them with a fact and they deny it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 49,061 - 49,080 of111,934
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••