Support strong for French immersion c...

Support strong for French immersion center

There are 5 comments on the Daily World story from Aug 11, 2013, titled Support strong for French immersion center. In it, Daily World reports that:

Not that that many Louisiana residents speak French any longer. According to the Council for the Development of French in Louisiana, the language that was spoken fluently by about 1 million Louisianans four decades ago is spoken by only about 150,000 today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily World.

Concerned

United States

#1 Aug 11, 2013
We need this going but we have so many people that are jealous because one person may get praised for doing something good for this town . What's going on with this little town I grew up in we have nothing now. Having the French language to continue here is a blessing and I wish more people would realize it. I approve what George Marks and Mavis Fruge are doing keep up the good work . They would like to use the old hospital for the students to learn French and we have people from all over the country whating to come here but we have that would rather have a half way house there instead oh and they would have to put up a large fence to keep the drug heads in . That's the kind of crap we have running the town
cajun

Opelousas, LA

#2 Aug 11, 2013
I would love to learn to speak Cajun french...
Alive

Lafayette, LA

#3 Aug 12, 2013
I believe our forefathers new what they were doing when they declared that all needed to speak english in 1920.
cajun

Opelousas, LA

#4 Aug 12, 2013
Alive wrote:
I believe our forefathers new what they were doing when they declared that all needed to speak english in 1920.
Is this the reason we now need to press 1 for english, every place that we call.
Alive

Lafayette, LA

#5 Aug 14, 2013
cajun wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this the reason we now need to press 1 for english, every place that we call.
The concept is. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great to hold on to ones heritage and even learn other languages. But not at tax payer expense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Same-sex couples wed, others have to wait 55 min Frank 12
Anti-racist is a codeword for anti-white 1 hr iyor9684 1
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 hr ChristineM 168,467
..NATIVE Gardens.. 11 hr PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
...MISSION Stuttering 11 hr PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
News Louisiana's first same-sex marriage performed i... 16 hr Disappointment 1
News 2016 hopefuls react to Obamacare ruling 19 hr Cat74 14
Jimmy Swaggart Ministries Faces New Scandal (Aug '11) Sun teresitaallig 431
More from around the web