what is a creole?
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Lumberton, TX

#105 Mar 15, 2010
sorry i forgot to put the link for the site. please read it!!!! its our time and its in our hands!!!!

shannon wrote:
Thats the thing about a culture we are made up of many different things. You can not sum us up in a definition because frankly it seems like every region has a different one. I've been talking to different creoles for almost a year now. From all over the states. Everyone has their on identity, we all come from different backgrounds. But we are united because the basic foundation is there. It's not so much the racial make up or the ethnic background. But of the morals and traditions thats passed down. We have an rich culture that sometimes gets torn apart or over shadowed because so many put so much time and energy in trying to figure out what racial back ground makes you creole or not. When at the end of the it really does not matter. This is our time to speak up and say I am Creole. We need to move into a positive direction.
I know in the past that lighter creoles have discriminated against darker one with the brown paper bag and comb test. The area that my roots are from are known for that. But today if you go there that is no longer an issue or concern.
We have the chance this year to make history by for the first time to be counted on the census. On question number 8 please write in Cajun and Louisiana creole. Their have be concerns with this because we also including Cajuns in the mix but we have a lot more in conman with Cajuns then most people think.
Check out this website to learn more. This is the first step in the right direction. I am sorry this was a long post be i feel that it needed to be said.

Sun City, CA

#106 Apr 29, 2010
Creoles were originally people who were French , Spanish or Portugese in origin who were born in Louisiana , or the West Indies . With or without being mixed .

Ville Platte, LA

#107 Jun 19, 2010
Cajun wrote:
What's the difference between Creoles and Cajuns?
in lousiana we call black/white mulattos. creoles are of african indian french and spanish decent. cajuns are decendents from nova scotia and those areas. they are called acadiens. I live in a area in Louisiana called acadiana. now many of the acadians have intermarried so now cajuns consist of british spanish native american french creole wihich is part black, german and some others. we also speak a totally different frech. my x-husband was creole. his mom is french/indian his dad french/indian/black.there last name is Laurent. they say that they are black because in louisiana past if u were not 100% white u were black. they accounted for every ounce of black or indian blood! with strong creole blood u never know what color those kids will be but i can assure u they will be beautiful!!

Ville Platte, LA

#108 Jun 19, 2010
From South Louisiana wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree...you simply can't compare the two types of cuisine- one is not better tasting than the other. Creole cuisine is not indiginous to the country/bayou/prairie areas of Acadian Louisiana..Creole cooking has stronger connection to traditional French cuisine often reinvented with local ingredients imparted to the Colonists from the Indians ( with later Spanish influence of course).. Gumbo is Creole as is Shrimp Remoulade, Turtle Soup, Crawfish Bisque and Eggs Sardou. I could go on and include can't touch cajun!
base French sauces, Mirepoix, Meuniere, which are incorporated into Creole.
I love Cajun Food, it is essentially rustic cooking, but is in no Creole is good but they way as sophisticated nor is it more flavorful than Creole.. the great thing about Louisiana is that it gave birth to both.
i have to disagree with you i am a cajun and when i cooked for those creole people they said "girl we creoles can cook but u got it". i cooked a gumbo cajun style with all the trimmings. i have never seen people eat a whole pot of gumbo. I couldn't get a piece of sausage. My sister n laws husband pulled me 2 the side and asked me to teach her how to cook her rice because he hated it boiled and strained. My dad cooked a sause pecan and they went crazy! we cajuns will have you fat in no time. fricase, couvellion,sauce pecans, and i haven't began to touch those homemade praillens and pies!
No one is a pure bred

San Diego, CA

#109 Jan 3, 2011
Mulatto mud wrote:
Mulattos and "high yellows" will claim to be Creole when they are really just mutts.
Well, if other "mixes" are mutts then what does that make a "creole"? a SPECIAL mutt?


Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#110 Feb 13, 2011
No one is a pure bred wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if other "mixes" are mutts then what does that make a "creole"? a SPECIAL mutt?
This is the real problem with CREOLES!!

Why can't you accept and take a real identity?

Why do you still wish to trade partners with those who FUCKEDD up the whole true race as GOD created and become BATARDER.

Either some of you accept yourself as mixed race with>>>>


AFRICAN NEGROEEE pure and original.

You are never going to be accepted in a community until you make that decision.

Coudersport, PA

#111 Jul 27, 2011
I need help, Iv told people Im Creole cause I am Native American,Italian,and African. Am I right or wrong?? HMU at [email protected] an tell me PLEASE:)
More info

Lumberton, TX

#112 Jul 27, 2011
Kiwi wrote:
I need help, Iv told people Im Creole cause I am Native American,Italian,and African. Am I right or wrong?? HMU at [email protected] an tell me PLEASE:)
There is more to being Creole than mixed race. One must have ties to Louisiana and practice a Creole lifestyle.


#113 Apr 8, 2012
a creole is a mixed race person....u have the creole portuguese[brazil cap vert] creole french[dominica st lucia martinique st marteen guadeloupe reunion mauritius] and creole english [jamaica].


#114 Apr 8, 2012
creole are native african,indian,european,arawak in west indies

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min the HOG 177,080
Spanish Creole?Hispanic Identity? (Mar '14) Oct 6 Dark43 4
News Alexandria sting results in 17 arrests on solic... (Jun '14) Oct 3 Laura F 27
News Louisiana's first same-sex marriage performed i... Oct 2 Jbyrd 4
News LSU, Southern get first shot to grow medical ma... Oct 1 louisianATHEIST 2
News Weed the people Oct 1 louisianATHEIST 2
Election Who's got your vote in the Louisiana Senate rac... (Oct '14) Sep 30 John 13
More from around the web