Southeastern Louisiana University Sor...

Southeastern Louisiana University Sorority Members Accused of Hazing

There are 374 comments on the KALB-TV Alexandria story from Apr 27, 2008, titled Southeastern Louisiana University Sorority Members Accused of Hazing. In it, KALB-TV Alexandria reports that:

Seven sorority members accused of hazing another student at Southeastern Louisiana University are seeking a court order allowing them to return to school while they appeal their suspensions. via KALB-TV Alexandria

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KALB-TV Alexandria.

Waiting 09

Hammond, LA

#362 Oct 5, 2010
Possible Spring 2011 but Fall 2011 for sure.
waiting

Hammond, LA

#363 Oct 22, 2010
i hope so!!!
ANXIOUS

Hammond, LA

#364 Nov 11, 2010
I know I'M hoping in the mix late, but I honestly don't care what happened because my decision is still the same! I want to pledge AKA & that is all. Now are they really returning Fall 2011 "Waiting 09" or are you assuming their coming back?
TheOnlyWay

Zachary, LA

#365 Apr 3, 2011
Waiting 09 wrote:
Possible Spring 2011 but Fall 2011 for sure.
Fall 2011
New chapter
Have your stuff together!
Anony

Zachary, LA

#366 May 2, 2011
Possibly Fall 2011
Same chapter (Lambda Omicron)
Just be ready for anything. Waiting09 is probably going off of rumors.
Cant wait

Detroit, MI

#368 Jun 9, 2011
Anony wrote:
Possibly Fall 2011
Same chapter (Lambda Omicron)
Just be ready for anything. Waiting09 is probably going off of rumors.
Yes i heard it's going to be alumni that is retuning "lambda omicron" this year, just not sure when, but I'm hoping it's spring!
Unknown

Baton Rouge, LA

#369 Jun 30, 2011
They're not returning until 2014.
patient

United States

#370 Jul 7, 2011
Unknown wrote:
no their def returning this yr. can't say how i know, but it's true.
patient

United States

#371 Jul 7, 2011
oh & it was also in the lions roar that their returning & if u went to the greek show they announced that divine nine was going to be complete very soon so that was a nice little hint!
unknown

Baton Rouge, LA

#372 Jul 19, 2011
Nope. Things have changed since then. Trust me, they're not.
Informed

Denham Springs, LA

#373 Jul 27, 2011
Sweetheart they are not coming back until 2014.Being real also if you are not legacy then your chances of getting in are slim. When chapters re charted legacy come first. Now that doesn't mean you wont get picked didn't say that but I can say that from informed sources sweetheart. Focus on school and when they return THEY WILL have your stuff together and hopefully you'll get picked.Stay positive girl. if you really want it then seek it but do it for the right reasons.
patient wrote:
<quoted text>
no their def returning this yr. can't say how i know, but it's true.
Informed

Denham Springs, LA

#374 Jul 27, 2011
http://www.aka-southcentralregion.com/akascr/...

Oh to further prove my point click on the website(COPY AND PASTE) they are not even listed as a chapter. It will take a least a year for them to come back and the graduate chapter will be over that line. So just wait patience is a virtue.
Informed

Denham Springs, LA

#375 Jul 29, 2011
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. can come at anytime in your life!! Do not focus your whole life around it, you seem really superficial. If all else fails graduate chapter it is. Look at the above link for local graduate chapters in Louisiana.
LEGEND

Hammond, LA

#376 Nov 29, 2011
Wow I just so happen to stumble across this article. I just transferred to SELU this fall. I've always wanted to come here. My family is filled with AKA's including my mother she's an AKA, it's my dream to follow in her foot steps, but it looks like I may never get that chance :(. Seems like no one knows when Lambda O will return.*sighs* If anyone just so happen to get legit information please post!
Hopeful

Baton Rouge, LA

#377 Feb 19, 2012
I would advise all young aspiring women to start praying and getting ready. They'll be back on campus BEFORE 2014. Since every member has graduated or is no longer currently enrolled, efforts are being made to have the chapter back as soon as next semester. Legacy WILL NOT matter. It's been established only determined & dedicated young women that fulfill the requirements will be chosen. This isn't definite but this is DEFINITELY not a rumor! If all the aspirants can get together then that will prove so much to Nationals.
Reality check

Hammond, LA

#378 Mar 8, 2012
Sorry to crush everyone's dreams but their not returning nationals turned them down that's not a rumor it's a fact!
Faction

Hammond, LA

#379 Apr 16, 2012
Reality check wrote:
Sorry to crush everyone's dreams but their not returning nationals turned them down that's not a rumor it's a fact!
They're returning. Just not anytime soon. We'll all just have to wait.
Informed

Lithonia, GA

#380 Jul 16, 2012
Many people are in the dark about lambda omicron chapter returning. I have some reliable info. from one of my good friends who happen to be apart of one of the Devine Nine fraternities at selu. What I have been told is basically, their not returning. At one point there was discussion about selu inviting them back but, it's just not gona happen. It's very sad b/c so many people are interested including myself, but if AKA is something you're really interested in, maybe transferring to a school that has an active chapter is something to think about!
Kell

Atlanta, GA

#381 Aug 7, 2012
Unknown wrote:
Where is everybody getting this date 2014 from. That is so made up. Why 2014?? Who is giving u all this information because it's clearly NOT legit. NO ONE knows when the K's will return most likely their not its been 4 years going on 5 & their probation was only for 3 years, think about it!
Reappearance

Baton Rouge, LA

#382 Dec 12, 2012
Maybe they are waiting for Ariel and all of her friends to leave so they want be harassed anymore. There are still a few around campus, and I saw Ariel in Hammond so maybe she is in grad school or something, but I dont think they coming back at all. Definitely no alums that were involved, they all had their letters stripped except Loretta, I saw it on the AKA website.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 hr MIDutch 221,214
Jimmy Swaggart Ministries Faces New Scandal (Aug '11) Apr 23 FM_ Stephens 597
Chat and meet friends in your area... (Oct '16) Apr 9 Casey 2
Is Rev. Gabriel Swaggart Teaching False Things? (Jul '14) Apr 8 Denise 7
News Why 1,000 women from Louisiana are planning to ... Apr 3 On The Hoof 3
Pagan holidays. Corrections made in spelling. ... Mar 30 Sister Annette Paige 1
Paga Holidays Mar 30 Sister Annette Paige 1
More from around the web