Post a Comment

Post a Comment

There are 2 comments on the Daily World Opelousas News story from Oct 31, 2009, titled Post a Comment. In it, Daily World Opelousas News reports that:

David C. Treen rode one of the great currents in recent politcal history, the rise of modern conservatism, and even channeled some of its power himself.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily World Opelousas News.

John Q Public

AOL

#1 Oct 31, 2009
Woopie Doo! Conservatism. WOW! To bad he couldn't have saved us all from the fatal flaws of Reaganomics and conservatism. We are left dealing with a narrowly avoided depression, the shipment of millions of Amwerican jobs overseas the last eight years, and a personal vendetta war in Iraq. Woopoie Doo.
Black Widow

Chicago, IL

#2 Aug 4, 2011
Hello,
I have a legal issue that has been of concern for over a year now. Basically my mother in law did not tell me that my spouse had passed. She was living with him at the time. He and I were separated due to marital discord. I was in Illinois where I retired after the Navy and he remained in New Mexico. To make a long story short, she discovered his body. Instead of informing me, she told the police that we were divorced and called her estranged daughter to pick her up. Needless to say they came and packed up all of the valuables and returned to Exton, Pennsylvania. I got a call three weeks later from the coroner informing me of his passing and asking me what I wanted to do with his remains. Mind you this was left via voice mail message. I was in shock and angry at the method of notification and abandonment. I also received a call from their lawyer telling me not to contact the family. I found out later after my arrival to NM that they changed the locks and removed all valuable property. I tried and failed to recover the property because they live in another state (Pennsylvania). The police won't assist because f the mother in law's claim that we were divorced so they refused to intervene. They also took my spouses military identification cards and refuse to return them. I don't know what to do and feel violated not to mention disrespected and hurt for me and my late husband at his family's actions and treatment of his body. I have been at this for a year. I am also concerned because a large amount of guns were stolen and they also have his I'd cards for military base access. As I citizen I am concerned because of the security risk that this could cause. I tried reporting it to the FBI and ATF and was basically brushed off. Any advice or contacts would be greatly appreciated. Additionally, the brother in law that removed the guns from the home is a retired Exton, Pa. police officer and he just happens for work for the DA's office. I am appalled because these people did not even bury his body or have to decency to offer to pay for the funeral. Instead they came, stole and left the place a wreck. They had no contact with him whatsoever when he was alive so why they felt as though they were entitled to come into my home and steal is incredulous. Not only that the mother in law was kicked out of her home by the daughter and that is why she was living in my home. I am just disgusted at human nature and the way in which people behave when someone dies. The sister is a person that has never worked a day in her life and hoards things that donít belong to her and that she did not earn. What a thief. On top of that they even stole pets. Who does that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jindal Announces Planned Parenthood Investigati... Jul 15 Dan 1
News Bobby Jindal jumps into the 2016 election Jul 5 BoneYard 63
News The Jindal legacy Jun '15 Go Blue Forever 1
News How To Remove Florida Arrest.org And a Dui Mug ... (Jun '11) Mar '15 the shield 138
News Letter: Immigration problem is nothing new Mar '15 wild child 1
News Jindal to leave Louisiana's next governor with ... Feb '15 AA 1
News Richland sheriff arrests 17 on drug charges; mo... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Ace McMillan 1
More from around the web