Louisiana May Force Women To Read A Pamphlet About 'Abortion...

Apr 22, 2014 Full story: ThinkProgress 47

Louisiana lawmakers are currently advancing a measure that would require women to receive biased information about the mental health risks of abortion before being allowed to continue with the procedure.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#1 Apr 22, 2014
Louisiana has pretty high illiteracy rates.....What happens when the pregnant woman says she can't read?
someoneuknow

Akron, OH

#2 Apr 22, 2014
OMG! Racist and bigot!!!! You are a pig! Gross and disgusting filthy slime! I hope some of your compatriots on here see this and YOU for the RACIST PIG you are!
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Apr 22, 2014
They should also require women to read about the high incidence of cervix harm done and the subsequent high rate of miscarriages for women after they've had an abortion and desire a full term pregnancy. The real agenda of the active "progessives" in America is to sterilize women. They don't give a flying crap about women. Their only interest is destroying women and reducing population of their perception of undesirables. The eugenics professions of the Planned Parenthood founder have not changed. They will harm you and your ability to child birth as soon as you fall for their murderous philosophy of control.
Jorja Fox

Eagle Rock, VA

#4 Apr 22, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
Louisiana has pretty high illiteracy rates.....What happens when the pregnant woman says she can't read?
Am shocked to see these words from you.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#5 Apr 22, 2014
Jorja Fox wrote:
<quoted text>
Am shocked to see these words from you.
Good - you weren't previously palpitating quite enough to suit my tastes.

:)

But why be shocked? See for yourself.

http://nces.ed.gov/naal/pdf/state_summaries/L...

Twenty-four to 26 percent of the adults in Louisiana demonstrated skills in the lowest level of prose, document, and quantitative proficiencies (Level 1). Though all adults in this level displayed limited skills, their characteristics are diverse. Many adults in this level were successful in performing simple, routine tasks involving brief and uncomplicated texts and documents. For example, they were able to total the entries on a deposit slip, locate the time or place of a meeting on a form, and identify a piece of specific information in a brief news article. Others did not perform these types of tasks successfully, however, and some had such limited skills that they were unable to respond to much of the survey.

Now then, are you more shocked by the fact that more than a quarter of Louisiana's adult population can't read beyond a simple routine task? Or that I mentioned it as a factor in whether or not women in Louisiana will be capable of reading a chunk of political propaganda, designed to convince them to gestate?

Next....

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#6 Apr 22, 2014
someoneuknow wrote:
OMG! Racist and bigot!!!! You are a pig! Gross and disgusting filthy slime! I hope some of your compatriots on here see this and YOU for the RACIST PIG you are!
Who are you talking to?

Illiteracy isn't a function of race....but it might have something to do with bigotry.

Next...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#7 Apr 22, 2014
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
They should also require women to read about the high incidence of cervix harm done and the subsequent high rate of miscarriages for women after they've had an abortion and desire a full term pregnancy...
...yeah, and we should also be required to read about the likelihood of getting pregnant by a glitter-farting unicorn.

(About the same level of probability as complications following a safe, legal abortion, performed in a sterile environment, by qualified personnel.... what you're referring to are the ones which will be performed in back alleys, and kitchen tables, once the lunatic pro-gestation crowd gets its way....)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#8 Apr 22, 2014
Hmmm....are these same folks clamoring for military enlistees to have the same information about PTSD at all, much less threatening to force-feed it to them, before they're allowed to join up?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#9 Apr 22, 2014
This sort of heavy-handed government intrusion RARELY, if ever, changes a woman's mind... as it fails in every respect to change the circumstances under which women decide to terminate a pregnancy...but of course, the so-called 'conservatives' don't care about that part. As long as they can mandate one more hoop for a woman to jump through before she undergoes a legal medical procedure, they can collectively gather in the back room of the courthouse with cigars, and congratulate themselves on their 'moral superiority' again. Even if they're lying through their clenched teeth to prod her through it.

Think of it this way: you are diagnosed with a medical condition, which threatens to wipe out your economic security, inexorably change your body structure, further impact your bones and your dentition with each successive episode, and could be the cause of numerous OTHER short-term and long-term threats to your health. Are you going to sit idly by, while the legislature decides that you should read some obviously false propaganda, about how treating your condition would negatively impact your mental health, before you are allowed to have it treated?

Of course not. If the medical condition in question was a cancer, you'd be up in arms about such nonsense, and so would the rest of the country. But you're in favor of this when it comes to a medical condition you'll not biologically equipped to acquire....how hypocritical are you, anyway?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#10 Apr 22, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Who are you talking to?
Illiteracy isn't a function of race....but it might have something to do with bigotry.
Next...
Well said.
4life

Chapmanville, WV

#11 Apr 22, 2014
You barbarians are seriously trying to defend murdering babies. Let me guess, none of you have actually ever seen an abortion victim photo? You all actually still believe that "it" is a "blob"? You sure do advocate for the deaths of others, but would probably go to ends of the earth to save yourselves. Wow, how heroic (& by heroic, I of course mean self-centered and despicable).
Nice try with trying to make people who want to save human life the "bad guy". Sometimes I wonder if any of you even hear the PP talking points you're reciting like the little hand puppets you are. Women's healthcare does not and should not include paying upwards of $15,000 for the government to literally get inside your uterus & scrape out it's contents (isn't that what u claim u want pro-lifers to stay out of--your uterus? Odd how that's exactly what pro-lifers want, too, yet abortion lovers convince you they're helping you by making your child's murderer rich).
Twisted, and murderous, & some of you are buying it without even giving it another thought.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#12 Apr 24, 2014
4life wrote:
You barbarians are seriously trying to defend murdering babies.
Tell you what: If you'll say the same thing to a woman who has just successfully undergone In-Vitro Fertilization, and record her response, I'll pay you $2K for the recording....if you survive to collect.

Bear in mind, that she elected to MURDER every one of the embryos created from several of her eggs and a man's sperm, which were NOT implanted in her womb. But she's pregnant with their potential brother or sister.

Once you have this recording in hand, message me here, and I'll send you the money.

And..........GO!
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#13 Apr 24, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>...yeah, and we should also be required to read about the likelihood of getting pregnant by a glitter-farting unicorn.
(About the same level of probability as complications following a safe, legal abortion, performed in a sterile environment, by qualified personnel.... what you're referring to are the ones which will be performed in back alleys, and kitchen tables, once the lunatic pro-gestation crowd gets its way....)
Every single abortion involving invasion of the cervix damages the cervix, which results in an appalling and unnecessary increase in the incidence of future miscarriages.

You avoiding the reality is monstrous and the real assault on the safety of women and of course, babies. Your sick and perverse jokes resulting in harm to women is criminal and you should be in prison, or hung like Julius Streicher, or more recently, the most active proponent of your viciousness... Gosnell.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#14 Apr 25, 2014
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
Every single abortion involving invasion of the cervix damages the cervix,
Hold the phone........You're referencing a tiny surgical instrument. I underwent 'invasion' of my cervix last night, when my husband opened it wide enough to get the tip of his penis inside it....by repeatedly smashing the tip of his penis against it for about 15 minutes.

Guess what - by tomorrow morning the "damage" to my cervix, caused by a blunt instrument,
will have healed to the point where I'm ready for him to "damage" it again the same way.
(See, the tiny incision or instrument to which the cervix is subject during a legal safe abortion, is much less damaging to the cervix, than is robust and passionate sex.)

Facts itch, don't they.

But for all I know, the menstrual period I'm currently on, may contain a fertilized ova...or two... which resulted from the LAST time he bashed his penis against my cervix.

(Do you have enough information about my sex life yet, or would you like me to continue in this vein?)
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
which results in an appalling and unnecessary increase in the incidence of future miscarriages.
WAIT a gol-durn minute there, Pilgrim...
If miscarriage is appalling and unnecessary, why is there a tighter focus on abortion? Miscarriage occurs in 2/3 of all conception. Fix that.
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
You avoiding the reality is monstrous
Do you really want to discuss which of us is monstrous?

Monsters are figments of imagination - like belief in 'Gods'.

Try again?
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
...and the real assault on the safety of women and of course, babies.
....is government policy which discounts individual women and children as 'welfare takers', and exalts mega-corp as 'welfare earners'.

Nice try.
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
Your sick and perverse jokes
Here's my favorite:
The chicken and the egg were exhausted. The egg rolled over, lit a cigarette, and said...."Well, I guess that answers THAT question."
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
resulting in harm to women
If you care about harm to women, why do your 'representatives' in Congress consistently deny us equal protection under the 14th Amendment? Why don't you advocate for them to legislate in favor of it?
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
is criminal and you should be in prison, or hung like Julius Streicher, or more recently, the most active proponent of your viciousness... Gosnell.
Once again.......your stance on abortion encourages Gosnell's acolytes. Those who would prey on desperate pregnant women, regardless of the law, will be your legacy.

Own it.

Next....

“ABORTION KILLS A HUMAN BEING”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#15 Apr 25, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
Why am I not surprised by this attitude? Thanks for showing your true colors. I knew you were a pos, now everyone does! This speaks volumes for the proaborts here...
Jorja Fox

Eagle Rock, VA

#17 Apr 26, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Good - you weren't previously palpitating quite enough to suit my tastes.
:)
But why be shocked? See for yourself.
http://nces.ed.gov/naal/pdf/state_summaries/L...
Twenty-four to 26 percent of the adults in Louisiana demonstrated skills in the lowest level of prose, document, and quantitative proficiencies (Level 1). Though all adults in this level displayed limited skills, their characteristics are diverse. Many adults in this level were successful in performing simple, routine tasks involving brief and uncomplicated texts and documents. For example, they were able to total the entries on a deposit slip, locate the time or place of a meeting on a form, and identify a piece of specific information in a brief news article. Others did not perform these types of tasks successfully, however, and some had such limited skills that they were unable to respond to much of the survey.
Now then, are you more shocked by the fact that more than a quarter of Louisiana's adult population can't read beyond a simple routine task? Or that I mentioned it as a factor in whether or not women in Louisiana will be capable of reading a chunk of political propaganda, designed to convince them to gestate?
Next....
You got the blood pumping for sure.

The figures are very old--may not be accurate for today.

Shocked by both actually-both are demeaning to women--both offensive to me. Being forced to read this crap (because they think women are stupid and don't know what they're doing) and you for appearing to agree with them.
Jorja Fox

Eagle Rock, VA

#18 Apr 26, 2014
kaylayossi wrote:
<quoted text>
Why am I not surprised by this attitude? Thanks for showing your true colors. I knew you were a pos, now everyone does! This speaks volumes for the proaborts here...
"Playa" said something that offends you and you lump all PRO_CHOICERS into one basket? So the 3 letters "POS" apply to ALL PRO_CHOICERS? Pretty narrow-minded of you.
JorjaFox

Eagle Rock, VA

#19 Apr 26, 2014
4life wrote:
You barbarians are seriously trying to defend murdering babies. Let me guess, none of you have actually ever seen an abortion victim photo? You all actually still believe that "it" is a "blob"? You sure do advocate for the deaths of others, but would probably go to ends of the earth to save yourselves. Wow, how heroic (& by heroic, I of course mean self-centered and despicable).
Nice try with trying to make people who want to save human life the "bad guy". Sometimes I wonder if any of you even hear the PP talking points you're reciting like the little hand puppets you are. Women's healthcare does not and should not include paying upwards of $15,000 for the government to literally get inside your uterus & scrape out it's contents (isn't that what u claim u want pro-lifers to stay out of--your uterus? Odd how that's exactly what pro-lifers want, too, yet abortion lovers convince you they're helping you by making your child's murderer rich).
Twisted, and murderous, & some of you are buying it without even giving it another thought.
What's barbaric is forcing women to give birth when they don't want to.

http://health.costhelper.com/abortion.html

The cost of abortion depends on the type of abortion performed and how far the pregnancy has progressed.

Yes I want you out of my health care decisions. Don't understand why your nose is even there.

If you find abortion so disgusting-I hope you are out there fighting for affordable birth control for every woman that wants it-including the morning after pill. And if they can't afford it--help them pay for it-making sure it is covered by health insurance, taxpayer funded etc etc etc--make sure they ALL have access to what ever it is they want to prevent pregnancy. Remember it takes two to get pregnant--make sure men are educated and have access to what ever they need to prevent pregnancy. Fight for the gays rights & equality--isn't the argument against rights/equality is they can't procreate? Well, there you go--no unwanted pregnancies-maybe more adoptions will occur. Do you have any idea how hard it is for a female under the age of 25 to get her tubes tied? Fight for a higher minimum wage so families can more afford what they need. Get out there and fight for changes --you will be preventing a lot of unwanted pregnancies. Spend less time trying to make women give birth and more time on helping her prevent pregnancy.

“ABORTION KILLS A HUMAN BEING”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#20 Apr 26, 2014
Jorja Fox wrote:
<quoted text>
"Playa" said something that offends you and you lump all PRO_CHOICERS into one basket? So the 3 letters "POS" apply to ALL PRO_CHOICERS? Pretty narrow-minded of you.
That poster is obviously ignorant to post that bigotry. She didn't offend just me, she offended everyone. You backing her up makes you no better. Own it...

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#21 Apr 26, 2014
they can read in LA now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Letter: Immigration problem is nothing new Mar 1 wild child 1
Jindal to leave Louisiana's next governor with ... Feb 12 AA 1
How To Remove Florida Arrest.org And a Dui Mug ... (Jun '11) Jan '15 John 136
Richland sheriff arrests 17 on drug charges; mo... Dec '14 Ace McMillan 1
Louisiana On The Lookout For Voter Suppression ... Dec '14 Ace McMillan 3
GOP group seizes on Landrieu's 'I did not vote ... Dec '14 Ace McMillan 1
'Go vote again tomorrow': Video shows Louisiana... Dec '14 Ace McMillan 5
More from around the web