Clinic's abortion license revoked

There are 14 comments on the Sep 4, 2010, The Shreveport Times story titled Clinic's abortion license revoked. In it, The Shreveport Times reports that:

The Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals ordered a Shreveport abortion clinic Friday to cease performing the procedures after determining the clinic's operating procedures were putting patients at risk.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Shreveport Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sue

Emmaus, PA

#21 Sep 5, 2010
State the Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>
The zeal doesn't bother me nearly as much as the dishonesty.
What dishonesty? I am very clear about the fact that I don't believe that abortion on demand should be illegal and I am very clear on why I think that way.

Since: Jun 07

Vallejo, CA

#22 Sep 5, 2010
Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
What dishonesty? I am very clear about the fact that I don't believe that abortion on demand should be illegal and I am very clear on why I think that way.
You dodge questions. That's dishonest.

"How dangerous do you think that abortion would be for the woman..if clinics were not regulated?"
Sue

Emmaus, PA

#23 Sep 5, 2010
State the Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>
You dodge questions. That's dishonest.
"How dangerous do you think that abortion would be for the woman..if clinics were not regulated?"
As I posted on the other thread:

But if they are busted, but allowed to continue operating, what's the point in busting them? What has it accomplished?

Since: Jun 07

Vallejo, CA

#24 Sep 5, 2010
Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
As I posted on the other thread:
But if they are busted, but allowed to continue operating, what's the point in busting them? What has it accomplished?
They were busted, which is good. Without oversight, no bust. Right?
Sue

Emmaus, PA

#25 Sep 5, 2010
State the Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>
They were busted, which is good. Without oversight, no bust. Right?
Again, so what? If nothing is done to stop them, what good is busting them? They might as well be a back alley "clinic".

Since: Jun 07

Vallejo, CA

#26 Sep 5, 2010
Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, so what? If nothing is done to stop them, what good is busting them? They might as well be a back alley "clinic".
What does "bust" mean, Sue? You're implying there were no consequences.
Sue

Emmaus, PA

#27 Sep 5, 2010
State the Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>
What does "bust" mean, Sue? You're implying there were no consequences.
With as many times as this "doctor" has been caught providing substandard care, with unqualified staff, with a revoked license, etc, tell me what were the consequences that he faced (other than possibly a bit of temporary inconvenience)?
Sue

Emmaus, PA

#28 Sep 5, 2010
OK, it's almost 4:30 AM and I need to get some sleep before everyone else wakes up. STO, we will never agree on this issue, but I have enjoyed having a civil discussion with you.

Since: Jun 07

Vallejo, CA

#29 Sep 5, 2010
Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
With as many times as this "doctor" has been caught providing substandard care, with unqualified staff, with a revoked license, etc, tell me what were the consequences that he faced (other than possibly a bit of temporary inconvenience)?
If he broke the law, he should serve some time, imo.

Sounds like the system failed. You tell me. You seem to know the details.

Since: Jun 07

Vallejo, CA

#30 Sep 5, 2010
Sue wrote:
OK, it's almost 4:30 AM and I need to get some sleep before everyone else wakes up. STO, we will never agree on this issue, but I have enjoyed having a civil discussion with you.
Good night, Sue:)
wrong

United States

#31 Oct 26, 2010
I saw a site almost a year ago about a woman under cover in a abortion clinic. She uncovered the aborded babies being sold in many clinics all over. Some were done outside clinics in motel rooms and if the fetus was still alive they drowned them or bashed them. The fetuses were sold for thousands to labs and such. The pictures were discusting and cruel. I don't agree with abortion but if I did it would only be to save a life or for a rape victim. There are many who want children. Why can't they think about that before destoying a life they couild have taken precautions for.
Real Liberty

Carol Stream, IL

#32 Oct 27, 2010
State the Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>
If he broke the law, he should serve some time, imo.
Sounds like the system failed. You tell me. You seem to know the details.
Good point. Abortion should be regulated just as all medical procedures should be. Also, if the accepted standard of care is not followed there should be strong punishment(first time, monatary and for subsequent willful violation, jail time).
candymixedgirl

United States

#33 Jan 3, 2011
abortion is murder,and women who do this need to get fixed so they can't murder anymore kids.
anonymous

Abbeville, LA

#34 Jan 3, 2011
abrotion is wrong. you are still killing a human being and they, as i know, they are defenseless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How To Remove Florida Arrest.org And a Dui Mug ... (Jun '11) Mar 28 the shield 138
News Letter: Immigration problem is nothing new Mar '15 wild child 1
News Jindal to leave Louisiana's next governor with ... Feb '15 AA 1
News Richland sheriff arrests 17 on drug charges; mo... Dec '14 Ace McMillan 1
News Louisiana On The Lookout For Voter Suppression ... Dec '14 Ace McMillan 3
News GOP group seizes on Landrieu's 'I did not vote ... Dec '14 Ace McMillan 1
News 'Go vote again tomorrow': Video shows Louisiana... Dec '14 Ace McMillan 5
More from around the web