Posted in the Kentucky Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Gay or Vain

Harrison, AR

#1 Feb 25, 2009
Should men wear makeup?
There is a new movement towards men wearing makeup - and it's not just gay men. Several well-known women's lines are starting to offer cosmetics just for males. They call concealer "camouflage" and put the stuff in masculine packaging. So what do you think about it?

Don't believe me? Check out these sites: http://www.studio5ive.com/
http://www.4voo.com/makeup.htm
http://www.sephora.com/browse/section.jh ...

CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE ANSWERING!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/3646...

“DONE WITH TOPIX”

Since: Dec 08

Lexington, KY

#2 Feb 26, 2009
A man should be a man.... he shouldn't have to 'doll' himself up in any way, to try to be more attractive and cover up his 'faults.'
Gay or Vain

Harrison, AR

#3 Feb 26, 2009
Where did all the comments go...

So who's to say a man is not a man just because he fixed faults?
just one womans opinion

United States

#4 Feb 26, 2009
thats why i like men because their manly vainity in a man is a real turnoff..if a man wants girly things theres a girl in there some where...

“DONE WITH TOPIX”

Since: Dec 08

Lexington, KY

#5 Feb 26, 2009
just one womans opinion wrote:
thats why i like men because their manly vainity in a man is a real turnoff..if a man wants girly things theres a girl in there some where...
lol I agree
Pizza for me

Harrison, AR

#6 Feb 26, 2009
I don't agree simply because I am open to people being differnt.
I personally like the clean shaven man, over the stinky ruff cut man..

If we women can put on a "fake" face, why should a guy be able to...
Think about it.. We put this face on and then take it off at night.. Scarrrrrry
So why do guys not get that right??

LOL.. Just being silly..
But honestly, I have no problem with it,.. It's cosmetic, a little foundation can do alot...
As long as it's not full blown drag queen!!
But this is kentucky where people are little old fashioned.. Change will not happen here first..LOL!!!
Some guy from Irvine

Somerset, KY

#7 Feb 26, 2009
that that was called being a metrosexual or what not. why not go all out and get all 80's hair band lol
Kentuckyman

Radcliff, KY

#8 Feb 27, 2009
For a guy to wear makeup like a Girl seems Girly to me! While I don't see myself as particuly Macho I am a normal REAL Man. Make up just don't make any sense to me. My Dad use to call it War Paint! When I was a Kid and the neighbor Girl wore Make Up Dad said She was wearing War Paint!
Gay or Vain

Harrison, AR

#9 Feb 27, 2009
Kentuckyman wrote:
For a guy to wear makeup like a Girl seems Girly to me!....!
I am not thinking wearing it like a "girl" with pretty red lipstick and blue eye shadow.
I am thinking more like the article said, to cover up flaws. Dark/Red spots, achne, very simple. Even women look better if they keep it minimal. To much make-up on a women does look like war paint, or a clown.. or something else at times....:o)

I guess my opinion, is if they are wearing it and I can't tell. To each his own. I wouldn't think less of him. I sure wouldn't catagorize him.. Well maybe a little vain, But I wouldn't say gay or girly..
peeved

United States

#10 Feb 27, 2009
REAL MEN DON'T WEAR MAKEUP!!!
Give us a break

Harrison, AR

#11 Feb 27, 2009
peeved wrote:
REAL MEN DON'T WEAR MAKEUP!!!
Only if your from Somerset Kentucky, where they think real men are Tractors and Mud..
Clean and Sexy don't apply to Kentucky Rednecks..
peeved

United States

#12 Feb 27, 2009
Give us a break wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if your from Somerset Kentucky, where they think real men are Tractors and Mud..
Clean and Sexy don't apply to Kentucky Rednecks..
Look, a real man can be clean and sexy without makeup.If you're wanting to wear it that bad,just do it.Maybe you can still hide the gay thing....lol
Give us a break

Harrison, AR

#13 Feb 28, 2009
I do wear it, but I am a women so I don't think I am hiding anything!
I have an open mind to different taste! Apparently you don't... Maybe your afraid of your own sexuallity!
Hilljacks

Louisville, KY

#14 Mar 1, 2009
Out here in Kentucky, we got people with green teeth living out in the country. They don't even bother to brush once a day never mind any other time. With the dirt they have on them one would think they had a good tan. But its just dirt and standards here aren't very good. It explains a lot, it really does
Truth

Harrison, AR

#15 Mar 1, 2009
I think to many people are afraid of someone being different this causes the to say, "they are gay".
But the truth is, we are all different and make-up, cloths , jewelry, hairstyles, are not what makes the person. It's what they are on the inside..
Maybe a better question would be, would you hate a man who wore make-up and if so why?
i used to be a pimp

Lexington, KY

#16 Mar 1, 2009
i love men but i dont think i could stand sharing my make up remover with one,i like clean shavin,smelling all good,non green teeth having ky men,but every now and then if your man comes home and he is sweaty and has motor oil smeared on his face it doesnt mean you have low standards if you put it on him in the garage!i have male friends whom i pluck or wax,even some who wear anti wrinkle cream but if guy askes me to borrow foundation for any other reason than to cover a hicky he dont want his mama to see im gonna tease the sh*t out of him!
Meez

Winchester, KY

#17 Mar 1, 2009
Only comment I have to make on this is. A guy that wears make up is afraid of his own personal image. That goes for women as well. If you have a great personal image of yourself, then that should radiate to all who see you.
SNJ

Spydeberg, Norway

#18 Mar 1, 2009
jewels09 wrote:
A man should be a man.... he shouldn't have to 'doll' himself up in any way, to try to be more attractive and cover up his 'faults.'
Some men don't smell well and walk around farting like old brewery horses on oats. If they apply some good odours and stop farting this will be a better world for all. So I'm all for it!
SNJ

Spydeberg, Norway

#19 Mar 1, 2009
Meez wrote:
Only comment I have to make on this is. A guy that wears make up is afraid of his own personal image. That goes for women as well. If you have a great personal image of yourself, then that should radiate to all who see you.
Hi Freud! I'm surprized - thought you had left us long while ago....at least stopped writing..
SNJ

Spydeberg, Norway

#20 Mar 1, 2009
Give us a break wrote:
I do wear it, but I am a women so I don't think I am hiding anything!
I have an open mind to different taste! Apparently you don't... Maybe your afraid of your own sexuallity!
...or allergic..!?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kentucky Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min russianrepukes 287,620
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr ChromiuMan 166,396
AMBERT ALERT from N.C. to KY 16 hr AMBERT ALERT 1
News Citizens Concerned over Location of Police Chie... (Oct '10) Aug 17 Darnell 11
will trump fire jeff sessions next Aug 17 Chris_Jarvis 2
News Audubon Metals to add aluminum capacity Aug 15 shamey 2
Bluegrass Conspiracy/Melanie Flynn (Aug '08) Aug 15 Beth 361
More from around the web