Fla. doctor, 10 Kentuckians plead guilty in drug ring

Nov 15, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Kentucky.com

A Florida doctor and 10 Kentuckians who were charged in an interstate prescription-pill ring have pleaded guilty, U.S. Attorney James Zerhusen announced Friday.

Comments
1 - 20 of 115 Comments Last updated Feb 2, 2009
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
fed up

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2008

It's about time people like these are getting what they deserve. Keep diggin, there's more out there.
Mad Max

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2008

I hope they get more than court ordered rehab.
JJM

Berkley, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2008

Mad Max wrote:
I hope they get more than court ordered rehab.
Hey do you know anyone in that area named Colwell
Mad Max

Beattyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2008

No Why ?
Common Sense

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2008

With the fed involved- they'll probably be rolling on all of their fine weather friends and that will lead to more of the same.
With the feds, if they are sentenced-and feds usually fill up all the plug holes so their investigation stays tight-on something like this, they will have to do 80 percent of the time they are sentenced to.
They are all probably looking at 20 years.
That would mean they would have to serve 16 years.
That's a long time no matter how you slice the cheese.
Hell, that's a lifetime in itself.
Mad Max

Beattyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2008

I hear the guy that was shot at by police officers is looking at a long 5 years and will be out in 3. That is what you get when you let people take plea aggrements.
Common Sense

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2008

I hear ya Mad Max.
Sometimes, depending on the circumstances and the specifics of an alleged crime, I think a plea agreement is the right and justified thing, but sometimes the prosecuters get a little too happy with pleas while looking to score bigger fish in the process-or more aptly -more politically correct fish in the process.
Just an opinion.
I do believe there is some selctive prosecution going on.
Within

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

fed up wrote:
It's about time people like these are getting what they deserve. Keep diggin, there's more out there.
The feds need to take notice.
JJM

Berkley, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

Within wrote:
<quoted text>The feds need to take notice.
They sure do on something like this.. I have a friend in Perry County and I was thinking of going down there and visit, I meant the person online and have had much communication with them over several yrs now...love her to pieces! I don't want to thread on any unsafe territory.
info

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

They need to look at the people from Bath and Montgomery Co indepth.
Within

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

Common Sense wrote:
I hear ya Mad Max.
Sometimes, depending on the circumstances and the specifics of an alleged crime, I think a plea agreement is the right and justified thing, but sometimes the prosecuters get a little too happy with pleas while looking to score bigger fish in the process-or more aptly -more politically correct fish in the process.
Just an opinion.
I do believe there is some selctive prosecution going on.
Definitely selective prosecution is going on.
Master-Beta

Auburn, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

I know that selling the pills is illegal, but what crime did the Doc commit? Is it against the law to for a Doc to perscribe drugs to out-of-state patients? I don't understand what they got him for.
QUITE HONEST

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

Who has gotten busted so far?
Common Sense

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

To 'Quite Honset' on your question.
"Morehead resident Drew Evans Lane Jr., 32, admitted providing money to several other people to go to Browne's office and get pills containing oxycodone. That is the ingredient in OxyContin, a much-abused painkiller in Eastern Kentucky and elsewhere.Lane also pleaded guilty to selling pills.
The others who pleaded guilty in the scheme were Rhonda Burchett; Seth Clay; James Clay; Janie Simmons; Herbert Euglindon; Pear Sue Drake; Charles Winthrow; Jason Todd Marshall; and Nick Sorrell.All but Sorrell admitted they got pills from Browne and turned over at least some of them to others to sell, Zerhusen said in a news release."

This is from the Lexington Herald. You can acces the complete story by scrolling up the page to the top center.
hope the info is helpful.
God is First

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

Judged:

Not in this community. Watch and see they will most likely get a slap on the wrist and a small fine. This community is so easy on this stuff it isn't even funny. I don't even see them getting court ordered rehab. I know one person who got caught with stuff(amazing thing is I didn't even know they were doing it)and they only got a fine with a warning not to get caught again.
This area just sucks in removing drugs. I pray the main government catches on to the fact that our judge is easy on this stuff.
Dr doo little

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2008

the dr needs to pay for what he did too .But some of thee people that they are not saying is Donald Melton and Kevin Burton .I am sure everyone knows these boys .
Hoo Flung Poo

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

"the dr needs to pay for what he did too"...

What did he do?
Master-Beta

Auburn, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

Hoo Flung Poo wrote:
What did he do?
That's the same question I've been asking. Does anybody know?
wake up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

these people need chance to go to rehab get some help and be the productive members of morehead that they once were. Everyone makes mistakes and you learn from them, everyone deserves a second chance at life.
true one

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

Hoo Flung Poo wrote:
What did he do?
i have a falimy member that use to make those trips and he got busted most of the drs know why they are getting them and it dont matter i mean if someone travels all the way down there for that many something is up they dont get just one prescriotion they get several from the drs so they know what is going on and where the pills are going thts what the dr does most of them

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Kentucky Forum right now

Search the Kentucky Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Cornelius Scudmister 146,960
Poll: Opposition to gay marriage waning in Ky. 47 min Conroy 2
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr pusherman_ 128,948
Judge jilts Kentucky voters at altar of demo... 11 hr Christsharians on the DL 17
Majority of Kentucky voters oppose same-sex mar... 14 hr Rainbow Happiness Express 4
32 arrested in NKY; meth lab closed (Sep '09) Mon Putter 8
32 arrested in NKY; meth lab closed (Sep '09) Mon Crack Head 38
•••
•••