John Clary

Columbus, OH

#85 Sep 27, 2008
price per pound for dry ginseng as of september 27 2008 anybody got better than 500 dollars a pound yet?
wondering

Sandy Hook, KY

#86 Sep 28, 2008
could the marijuania burner give the address of the percon in berea that is buying ginsein for this price?
Lige

United States

#87 Sep 28, 2008
does anyone really know the price that genseng is really going for now?
runner

Elizabethtown, KY

#88 Sep 28, 2008
My buyer was informed yesterday by his Chinese buyer to LOWER his buying price from $385 down to $320 a pound.
He strongly believes that after this Economy bailout situation is over, that prices will start to go back up.
If everyone will hold on to there ginseng till late November or early December, this will make the overseas buyers need it BADLY, and in turn will make prices go through the roof.
I do understand that some people really need the money, but try to hold on to it as long as possible to make the prices go up.
Eubank

AOL

#89 Sep 29, 2008
Sold mine for $392.00 per pound.
gwen

Prestonsburg, KY

#90 Sep 29, 2008
anyone hear if the price dropped i hope it goes back up as i have a pound but will no sell it at 350.00
Wondering wrote:
I need to start digging if its bringing that much money.....I have a child on the way (my 1st) so yea i could use the xtra cash
amanda

Oceana, WV

#91 Sep 29, 2008
i live in southern wv and my dad has around 6lbs dry do you think he should sell at alittle over 400?? is the price going to keep dropping?
nathen

United States

#92 Sep 29, 2008
i found one that looks like a man do u know how much is worth e-mail me @ nathend@suddenlink.net
trenomere

London, KY

#93 Sep 29, 2008
I don't know why you say its hard to find, it seems to be everywhere. Just a little time in the woods and you can dig quite a bit. I don't dig all I find because as everyone says its getting harder to find, gotta save some for years to come that is if someone else don't come behind me and dig it all.

Most of the plants I have dug this year have root systems bigger than the palm of your hand. I have had more problem this year than in previous years finding anyone thats buying it. It seems that everyone has quit buying it because of the laws associated with it.

If you know someone thats buying it, please let us know because it seems that more than one person is interested in finding out who is purchasing it.
John Clary

Columbus, OH

#94 Sep 29, 2008
amanda wrote:
i live in southern wv and my dad has around 6lbs dry do you think he should sell at alittle over 400?? is the price going to keep dropping?
Hang on to it till early november we sold last year in ohio for 850 if we would of waited a week we would of got a thousand dollars
John Clary

Columbus, OH

#95 Sep 29, 2008
trenomere wrote:
I don't know why you say its hard to find, it seems to be everywhere. Just a little time in the woods and you can dig quite a bit. I don't dig all I find because as everyone says its getting harder to find, gotta save some for years to come that is if someone else don't come behind me and dig it all.
Most of the plants I have dug this year have root systems bigger than the palm of your hand. I have had more problem this year than in previous years finding anyone thats buying it. It seems that everyone has quit buying it because of the laws associated with it.
If you know someone thats buying it, please let us know because it seems that more than one person is interested in finding out who is purchasing it.
what is email address will email you people
informed

London, KY

#96 Sep 30, 2008
Asian market fell 10% overnight. Some dealers dropped to $300 per lb. Maybe to $280 by the weekend.Other dealers have quit buying because of the uncertainy of the Chinese Market.Everything is a mess.I'd suggest if you can get anywhere from $350 to $400 sell or you will be keeping it for a long while. May have to check with your state laws about keeping it over to next season.
Entrapment

London, KY

#97 Sep 30, 2008
Most Ginseng gatherers are trespassers and thieves.
lori

Bedford, VA

#98 Oct 1, 2008
ginseng prices going back up in VA, 415.00 pound
interested

Corbin, KY

#99 Oct 1, 2008
sharonwalker wrote:
Hey to the diggers, we buy ginseng, yellow root and black kosh along with other varities of roots. we are located at Walker, Kentucky. We are paying 352.00 a lb. dry thats 22.00 a oz. and 8.00 a oz. green for ginseng you can contact someone at.We can also make arrangements to meet you if your volume is high.
are you still buying as of today?and will you post your new prices
lori

Bedford, VA

#100 Oct 2, 2008
sharonwalker wrote:
Hey to the diggers, we buy ginseng, yellow root and black kosh along with other varities of roots. we are located at Walker, Kentucky. We are paying 352.00 a lb. dry thats 22.00 a oz. and 8.00 a oz. green for ginseng you can contact someone at.We can also make arrangements to meet you if your volume is high.
how much is golden seal and black kosh?
informed

London, KY

#101 Oct 2, 2008
on the phone to different buyers today. Tn. back to $250 Virginia botanicals $300 Ky. $300 and said they may drop to $280 a lb.
illinois here

United States

#102 Oct 2, 2008
My local buyer is only paying 200$ a lb. Central illinois
I hear Indiana is paying 325$...
I know

Cecilia, KY

#104 Oct 3, 2008
Just hold on to your Ginseng as long as you can. The longer you hold out the more the Chinese will pay in late November or December. You'll see.
Donkey

United States

#105 Oct 3, 2008
ginseng grows on the side of a mountain that the morning sun shine on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kentucky Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 18 min Le Duped 158,793
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 35 min The_Box 131,411
Who's got your vote in the Kentucky Senate race? 1 hr hmmmm 26
New study shows bourbon means jobs and money fo... 12 hr Ace McMillan 2
Kevin Howard Arrested 13 hr u will see 17
The Son of God 13 hr Son of God 1
Editorial On Re-election of Judge Debra Lambert (Apr '06) 13 hr dead horse 56

Kentucky People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE