KY Medical Marijuana SB 129

KY Medical Marijuana SB 129

Posted in the Kentucky Forum

MaryJane

Louisville, KY

#1 Mar 10, 2012
Currently KY has a Senate Bill - 129, in favor of legalizing medical marijuana in the Bluegrass state. Please do a little research on this subject matter. I can not find one documented case of death from marijuana on this planet. This non-toxic plant has the ability to kill free-radicals (cancer causing cells), used topically it has been curing skin cancers for many years. My career has been cut short due to becoming disabled from a few auto-immune illnesses. The worst is having to take opiates to help control my neuropathic pain that keeps me awake at night. I have read about how the human body has an endocannabinoid system, the cannabinoids in marijuana are mega antioxidents and aid the body to heal, not just relieve symptoms. Please call your local Senator and ask them to support this bill. The session ends 4/13. Currently in America we have 16 states with medical marijuana laws. Studies have shown that those states have seen a decline in teenage marijuana use. Sadly, our Gov't made this plant illegal in 1937, long before scientist had the ability to understand that this safe plant should have never been put into prohibition. Afterall, all of these Gov't appointed men who earned a pay check keeping alcohol prohibition, they had to grasp at a new prodoct that they could slander and continue to have prohibition on the brain and keep their precious pay checks. Sadly, U.S. History classes do not contain this information.
choices

Greensburg, KY

#3 Mar 21, 2012
please people help a sick brother out,call your law makers, e-mail them, some sick folks need the weed.i also have to take c-11 meds,i can not do alot after i take meds,they drain me.I try my best not to bash anyone for the choices,if you drink fine with me,if you smoke fine with me,if you abuse any substance,fine with me.As sad as it is, we find substanceabuse out, then we try and help the ones seeking support and help. Substance abuse is going on today,yesterday,tomorrow. lets stop the suffering,legalize med mari. lets not punish people for the choices they make for wanting to use med mari as a option to opiates or benzos.
NORML

London, KY

#4 Mar 22, 2012
It's time to end prohibition and use NATURE to it's fullest potential.
Observer

Bolivar, MO

#5 May 15, 2012
Sadly this plant has been prohibited by tobacco and pharmaceutical lobbyist because they do not want the competition. Kentucky is filled with lush land to produce this plant. Hemp can be used in various ways and is much stronger than rope. Perhaps we should start putting Mother Nature to work on our side. Medical Marijuana has been proven to help with cases of arthritis and multiple sclerosis. Various other diseases have found that this plant aids in treatment- People need to wake up and realize that there is more to this plant.
dream over

Richmond, KY

#7 May 18, 2012
I tink that we have to do it seening are sate would have jobes that pay good.that is the only way the U.S.A will be #1. it was say it would take 5 years to pay back what bush did to us!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#8 May 19, 2012
Perhaps we could speed up the process a bit by starting a petition and have people vote on it, The Majority of people support it and the people can get things done quicker than any assembly can these days. Anyone that smokes tobacco couldn't ethically say no, and look at how many people smoke cigs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kentucky Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 25 min Mickey402 163,259
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 45 min Chicagoan by Birth 265,025
live pd in logan county ky Apr 15 gonnagetya 2
News Support surges for smoking ban in tobacco country Apr 14 stateleader 23
Lincoln county jail closing Apr 11 really 1
News Madisonville PD Make Arrest within Hours of Vic... (Feb '11) Apr 11 Insearchof 27
does anyone know Leesha Kline (Oct '15) Apr 10 Bud 2
More from around the web