Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 156555 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#87713 Sep 26, 2012
How much longer wrote:
Do we have to wait for the rapture?
No, you can go now and beat the rush.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
thanks

Wilmington, OH

#87714 Sep 26, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>No, you can go now and beat the rush.
I was just waiting for someones permission. Goodbye.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#87715 Sep 26, 2012
thanks wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just waiting for someones permission. Goodbye.
NP

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Creation

Winchester, KY

#87716 Sep 27, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, but its a foot in the door, will it stop there, I would guess no.
What are you atheist afraid of? If there is no god then why waste your time pushing the atheistic message?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LOL in a suit

Corbin, KY

#87717 Sep 27, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>No, you can go now and beat the rush.
You sure like telling people to die, Christie. Why don't you take your own advice. Do as you you say. Walk the walk... Stop being a hypocrite.

Semper Fi.... LMAO

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Quantummist

Corbin, KY

#87718 Sep 27, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you atheist afraid of? If there is no god then why waste your time pushing the atheistic message?
Good observation.
You're correct, true atheists don't exhibit anger. They rely on logic, reason, and confidence in their own beliefs. There's never a need to get angry over the imaginary or push their beliefs, because they don't have a God telling them to "spread the Word."

But as you can obviously see, "LOL in a suit" is not a true atheist. He's a former Christian. A backslider. A heathen. A failed Christian. Upon first arriving on this thead, he stated that he was "unsure" and hoping to "research" and find answers.
He's struggling with conviction and lashing out at his God in anger and rebellion. The only way to lash out at a God he feels has ignored him and not performed as his personal genie in times of despair, is to attack the followers of the aforementioned God. He feels that somehow will get his God back. If he can convert others to his own "heathenistic" views, he won't feel so alone.

It's a sad plight. I'd feel sorry for him if I could stop laughing.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Quantummist

Corbin, KY

#87719 Sep 27, 2012
*thread

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Quantummist

Corbin, KY

#87720 Sep 27, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Just want to say, I am sorry, I should not have posted such trash, very stupid of me.
ROFL......

HaHahAhahHaAhhAhAaahh!

And, the back slider repents.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Church Lady

Corbin, KY

#87721 Sep 27, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
I apologize to all you topix users for my recent posts, they were stupid and I am sorry.
What POSSESSED you to write such filth, Christie?

What got a'hold of you? Was it... oh, I don't know....

SATAN?

LMAO

Nah, you just let a little ol' TROLL make you mad.
Don't beat yourself up. It's happened to all the sad sack Topix Scholars I've encountered.

Say 10 Hail Marys, donate to Pat Robertson, and attend 1 Sunday potluck dinner, and you'll be cleansed.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Satanic Priest

Corbin, KY

#87722 Sep 27, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I have not seen one post by YOU that was stupid. I thought some where meant to be funny, and they where funny. I CAINT SPEEL WOARTH A SHIT
They "WHERE"?

It figures you'd think they "WHERE" funny. You two have about the same IQ. Somewhere around 36... combined.

You know what they say.... Tards of a feather stick together.

Ohhhh, I misspelled Birds, didn't I?

(Pardon the plagiarism, YAA)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
aWitchintheWoods

Corbin, KY

#87723 Sep 27, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>He was probably ousted for bragging about his buddy the black minister he keeps talking about!
YAA, you know, it's amazing how much control these people allow me over them.
I feel like... like some sort of Hillbilly Whisperer.
A puppeteer of sorts... watching them dance all over the forum all butt-inflamed and scowling... Blood pressure near 375.

Topix is all fun and games for them until they get all raw and red faced. Then, the Topix polymaths and valorous marines (*snicker*) are reduced to gibberish babbling buffoons.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
trusted

New Haven, KY

#87724 Sep 27, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Accepted!
Forgive me too!
I just want to say this....
Yer Grammy was no fool, and I'd bet she was a dear, straight shooting lady!
(forget my last post... I posted from the last page)
I am like one proud mom, now , I knew you guys could be nice to each other, even if it is only joking. After all we all have a heart , dont we? You all be good , you have made my day..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#87725 Sep 27, 2012
trusted wrote:
<quoted text> I am like one proud mom, now , I knew you guys could be nice to each other, even if it is only joking. After all we all have a heart , dont we? You all be good , you have made my day..
You have a Blessed Day too!
:-)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
trusted

New Haven, KY

#87726 Sep 27, 2012
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
Marianne W.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#87727 Sep 27, 2012
Psalms
23:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not
want.
23:2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me
beside the still waters.
23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of
righteousness for his name's sake.
23:4 Yes, though I walk through the valley of the shades of
death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and
thy staff they comfort me.
23:5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of my
enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of
my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Amen!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
curious

Wilmington, OH

#87728 Sep 27, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure like telling people to die, Christie. Why don't you take your own advice. Do as you you say. Walk the walk... Stop being a hypocrite.
Semper Fi.... LMAO
what does semper fi mean anyway?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Creation

Winchester, KY

#87729 Sep 27, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Good observation.
You're correct, true atheists don't exhibit anger. They rely on logic, reason, and confidence in their own beliefs. There's never a need to get angry over the imaginary or push their beliefs, because they don't have a God telling them to "spread the Word."
But as you can obviously see, "LOL in a suit" is not a true atheist. He's a former Christian. A backslider. A heathen. A failed Christian. Upon first arriving on this thead, he stated that he was "unsure" and hoping to "research" and find answers.
He's struggling with conviction and lashing out at his God in anger and rebellion. The only way to lash out at a God he feels has ignored him and not performed as his personal genie in times of despair, is to attack the followers of the aforementioned God. He feels that somehow will get his God back. If he can convert others to his own "heathenistic" views, he won't feel so alone.
It's a sad plight. I'd feel sorry for him if I could stop laughing.
You absolutely did not answer my question. Why are Atheist so determined to spread their message? What do you fear? Are you guys afraid that people, will discover that your Big Bang theory is a farce. You cannot have somthing come from nothing, this goes against the scientific method of cause and effect.

Since that is the case, then we know that our universe and the fine tuned conditions for life on Earth have come from the Creator our God. This is what must be taught in our school systems. Intelligent Design is the most plausible scientific explanation for life.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#87731 Sep 27, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
You absolutely did not answer my question. Why are Atheist so determined to spread their message? What do you fear? Are you guys afraid that people, will discover that your Big Bang theory is a farce. You cannot have somthing come from nothing, this goes against the scientific method of cause and effect.
Since that is the case, then we know that our universe and the fine tuned conditions for life on Earth have come from the Creator our God. This is what must be taught in our school systems. Intelligent Design is the most plausible scientific explanation for life.
God did it! You are a creationist TARD!! God Bless and Amen!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Creation

Winchester, KY

#87732 Sep 27, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>God did it! You are a creationist TARD!! God Bless and Amen!!!
Okay since you disagree, please respond with an intelligible answer if you can. I love it when the Atheist lash out with name calling, you realize and they realize that they have no answers.

Life is but a fleeting time on this earth, may God have mercy on your soul.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#87733 Sep 27, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>You absolutely did not answer my question. Why are Atheist so determined to spread their message? What do you fear? Are you guys afraid that people, will discover that your Big Bang theory is a farce. You cannot have somthing come from nothing, this goes against the scientific method of cause and effect.

Like any other type of person, there are different types of atheists. Some are more aggressive than others.

Atheism is simply not believing in a god. That is it, nothing else.

Regarding your remarks against science, you should first understand what you are criticizing. There is such thing as a "method of cause and effect". And Intelligent Design requires a supernatural component, which is why it is unscientific.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kentucky Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr AMERICAN SUNSHINE 253,357
News 2 charged with trafficking - 5:15 pm updated: 23 hr friends of strays 1
Ol your blood bleed for me Thank you Jesus Ch... Mon For God so Loved 2
Celeste Gambino Dec 4 Usermd 1
News KSP commissions new CVE officers Dec 2 Mac 1
News Hillary Clinton to visit Northern Kentucky on S... (May '16) Nov 27 Patriot 63
House burned down Nov 25 Kat 1
More from around the web