Accused cop found dead

Accused cop found dead

There are 200 comments on the Floyd County Times story from Mar 25, 2009, titled Accused cop found dead. In it, Floyd County Times reports that:

The Kentucky State Police officer who was arrested by Pikeville City Police last year and charged with alcohol intoxication, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest, was found dead in a Harold residence on Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Floyd County Times.

Concerned

London, KY

#21 Apr 14, 2009
AMUSED wrote:
PEOPLE GET ARRESTED ALL THE TIME AND PEOPLE DIE EVERYDAY. BEFORE THE TRIAL I HAD NEVER HEARD A GOOD THING ABOUT TIM MOORE. THE ONLY THING I HAD EVER HEARD WAS THAT HE HAD A DRINKING PROLBLEM AND LIKE TO BEAT ON WOMEN. IT SHOULDN'T BE ABOUT THE PIKEVILLE PD ARRESTING HIM. TIM WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS OWN ACTIONS. HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A ROLE MODEL AND PROTECT AND SERVE. WHY WAS HE SO DRUNK OUT IN PUBLIC ANYWAY? HE HAD A IMAGE HE WAS SUPPOSED TO MAINTAIN SO HE MADE THE WHOLE KSP LOOK BAD
So drunk? How drunk was he? Oh yeah, we will never know, because they refused to give him a breathalyzer. Also, Tim must have been sober enough! He knew that if he got out of his car (how can you be arrested for AI or PI in YOUR car?) than he could be arrested. He had enough sense about him to know what they were trying to pull. And you must be talking to a bunch of criminals, because they are the people who don't like police.
RIDICULOUS

Ashburn, VA

#22 Apr 15, 2009
IT'S LOSER LIKE YOU THAT GIVE YOUR HUSBAND A BAD NAME MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS
RANDOM

Ashburn, VA

#23 Apr 15, 2009
WHY DON'T YOU ASK TRISH WHY THEY WERE FIGHTING ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD SEPERATE INCIDENT FROM CONCERT ARREST WHEN A ROOKIE TROOPER PULLED IN TO ASK WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS HE FLASHED HIS KSP BADGE AND SAID MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS HIM BEING A SUPERIOR OFFICER THEY WENT ON I KNOW PLENTY OF KSP UNITS THAT TOLD ME OF THIS INCIDENT THEY SAID THEY WOULD HAVE ARRESTED BOTH TIM AN TRISH EXSPECIALLY IF THEY GOT CALLED A FAG THEY AS WELL WOULD HAVE HOOKED HIM UP EXACT QUOTE YOU CAN'T BE AN OFFICER OF THE LAW HAVE A DRUD-DEALING BAR HOPING IN-LAWS AND NOT BE A SHIT-BIRD!!!!!!!!!!
Marvelous

Elkview, WV

#24 Apr 15, 2009
Random, I heard that story too, but I heard Trish locked him out of the car at the Log Cabin and called Pikeville PD herself. The way I heard it, the PD let him go that time after he calmed down and she agreed to drive him home. If it is true, why is everyone so upset with the PD? Of course, it could all be just another rumor.
Trish

Pikeville, KY

#25 Apr 15, 2009
AMUSED wrote:
PEOPLE GET ARRESTED ALL THE TIME AND PEOPLE DIE EVERYDAY. BEFORE THE TRIAL I HAD NEVER HEARD A GOOD THING ABOUT TIM MOORE. THE ONLY THING I HAD EVER HEARD WAS THAT HE HAD A DRINKING PROLBLEM AND LIKE TO BEAT ON WOMEN. IT SHOULDN'T BE ABOUT THE PIKEVILLE PD ARRESTING HIM. TIM WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS OWN ACTIONS. HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A ROLE MODEL AND PROTECT AND SERVE. WHY WAS HE SO DRUNK OUT IN PUBLIC ANYWAY? HE HAD A IMAGE HE WAS SUPPOSED TO MAINTAIN SO HE
MADE THE WHOLE KSP LOOK BAD
First of all were you there did you know how many beers my husband had to drink,NO,so that is not fact!Secondly,yes people do die everyday,hopefully when someone close to you passes,in a wrongful matter you might think back and say that's what I get for judging,when you don't know the facts!Thirdly,he did not make ksp look bad if anything he made them look good,I heard stories of arresting people and how he handled certain situations,alot of people probably wouldn't have cared to go to jail if he was the one taking you,I don't know why I am doing this to myself by reading this crap,but I feel compelled to tell the truth as to what happened and it's obvious you either know or you are with the city and that's fine,but have a little common courtesy for those who did know him and love him,remember he was a Trooper,but to me he was a Husband,to my daughter,he was a Daddy,a very good one,to my son,he was wonderful to come in ti his life and treat him as though he was his very own,You made a good comment before the trial you never heard anything about him,that's because he had 11 years invested in a job in which he wore the uniform well,as for being a drunk or to beat women I would love to know who you are and for what reason you would have to say that bacause that is so far from the truth,but since you don't disclose your name or anything that shows me that you are such a coward,I mean if you really are concerned about his well being and all let it be known who you are,I bet you won't because chickens do what you are doing,you may need to go to church and ask God to forgive you for judging someone and for saying things that you don't know what you are talking about,you should clean up your own house before you talk about other people,I will pray that God gives you a sign that you just might be wrong about my husband,you did not know him!Also I pray that he gives you a vision in your mind when you lay down to sleep what I saw that day ,just maybe then you would realize he was only human and he was a very sensitive,and loving person,he couldn't take all of the negativity about him because he wasn't that person at all!
Trish

Pikeville, KY

#26 Apr 15, 2009
RANDOM wrote:
WHY DON'T YOU ASK TRISH WHY THEY WERE FIGHTING ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD SEPERATE INCIDENT FROM CONCERT ARREST WHEN A ROOKIE TROOPER PULLED IN TO ASK WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS HE FLASHED HIS KSP BADGE AND SAID MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS HIM BEING A SUPERIOR OFFICER THEY WENT ON I KNOW PLENTY OF KSP UNITS THAT TOLD ME OF THIS INCIDENT THEY SAID THEY WOULD HAVE ARRESTED BOTH TIM AN TRISH EXSPECIALLY IF THEY GOT CALLED A FAG THEY AS WELL WOULD HAVE HOOKED HIM UP EXACT QUOTE YOU CAN'T BE AN OFFICER OF THE LAW HAVE A DRUD-DEALING BAR HOPING IN-LAWS AND NOT BE A SHIT-BIRD!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like you know everything,first of all no one locked him out of the car,yes we had a disagreement of where we wanted to eat,that's minor,no I did not call the PPD,he was sitting at the restaurant and saw us arguing,it was none of his business,I mean I think a husband and wife are entitled to have arguments,but it really doesn't matter what you say obviously you are a city police officer,you are probably on duty right now and don't have anything better to do,although it is Thursday night and the Mark 2 is not open so you can go get phone numbers from other women,drunk women at that,and you have the right to talk about my family,what does anyone esle have to do with this,I have never done nothing to no-one!I don't need someone else to act like they know me,I know I am a good person and one of faith,this will be my very last comment because it's senseless to see all these lies,Furthermore ,if oher ksp officers said they would to have arrested him for calling them a name,then maybe whomever said that and you need to go to the law manual,you can't go to jail for that,also you had no reason to pull my vehicle,that to was against the law,and as for the fellow officers of Tim who knew him I really appreciate the ones who showed their respects and believed in my husband!As for you I bet it would be safe to say that if you would reveal who you were you would have skeletons in your family,so don't throw stones.Please I am done with this,it hurts enough,just quit talking about it and telling things that aren't true,you should have went to church where I go,this past Sunday he preached on cleaning your own windows before you say the nighbor is hanging up dirty laundry.I am asking please stop this be a better person,I loved my husband as well as he loved me and his daughter,let him rest in peace now,Please!
Friend

Macon, GA

#27 Apr 15, 2009
Leave Trishes family out of it...your right Patricia, Pikeville City Police have nothing better to do with their time.."PATHEITC"

Trish, please stop reading this forum!! It will only keep you from healing..
concerned

Pikeville, KY

#28 Apr 15, 2009
RANDOM wrote:
WHY DON'T YOU ASK TRISH WHY THEY WERE FIGHTING ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD SEPERATE INCIDENT FROM CONCERT ARREST WHEN A ROOKIE TROOPER PULLED IN TO ASK WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS HE FLASHED HIS KSP BADGE AND SAID MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS HIM BEING A SUPERIOR OFFICER THEY WENT ON I KNOW PLENTY OF KSP UNITS THAT TOLD ME OF THIS INCIDENT THEY SAID THEY WOULD HAVE ARRESTED BOTH TIM AN TRISH EXSPECIALLY IF THEY GOT CALLED A FAG THEY AS WELL WOULD HAVE HOOKED HIM UP EXACT QUOTE YOU CAN'T BE AN OFFICER OF THE LAW HAVE A DRUD-DEALING BAR HOPING IN-LAWS AND NOT BE A SHIT-BIRD!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like this was personal to you,you might need medication yourself,it saddens me that you would not have more consideration for a family that's obviously suffering enough with the loss of a close family member,my prayers are with his family
cares

Perry, OK

#29 Jun 28, 2009
well tim was a good man and hes gone now and his wife and baby girl loved him deeply and they miss him,,, i'm trish's cousin and i think that its wrong that the baby will never really know her father and things.. i think its very sad that everyone still talking about him and hes passed on so let him rest in piece and let his wife and baby heal thanks i love you trish (sissy)......
nobody

United States

#30 Jul 1, 2009
I think there was more to the story. I only meet the man once and thought he was wonderful. Trish seemed so happy with him. Things will get back to normal just one day at a time. You will always see Tim everyday as long as your little girl is around. Every time she laughs you will see some of her daddy. Every time she smiles you will see him.As far as the arrest goes he will get his justice.
upset

Englewood, CO

#31 Jul 8, 2009
this is just terrible, do they know who shot him or if it was one of the police officers? It sounds to me like the police force need new recruiters what they have is a joke. they need to worry about getting these dealers, murders, child molesters and so on off the streets instead of harrassin someone that was just tryin to enjoy a night off and really couldnt do that from the hear of things.
cares

Perry, OK

#32 Jul 9, 2009
well you all just let him rest in peace and let his family heal for god sakes the man killed him self no one shot him so ley him rest in peace hes passed on ok ley his wife and baby girl try to heal and move on i'm the cousin of the wife trish
freedom

AOL

#33 Jul 9, 2009
This makes me wonder how this state trooper would have acted had it been a city cop in his place. Would he arrest them? Would he show them courtesy? Was the reason for his sucide really about the arrest?
We are all human and make mistakes, was this man better than any other person that he might have seen argueing in public?
It's sad that he took his own life and left a family to fend for themselves. Sorry for the child, especially. Not enough details and not right to pass judgement on the dead, either.
love

Ransom, KY

#34 Jul 10, 2009
This is to AMUSED.. You didn't know Tim Moore at all you just heard hear say. If you knew him you would know he was the greatest person you never would ever could meet. It takes people like you to hide behide a computer and say shit. He was one of my best friends and i love him with all my heart. Its takes a sick people to get on here and about someone who isn't here to defend there self. But I guess thats makes you feel big and bad about yourself. He was more than a people than you ever will be. I LOVE YOU TIMMY MOORE...
KIM WOOD

Ransom, KY

#35 Jul 12, 2009
I LOVE YOU TIM MOORE YOU ARE ONE OF THE BEST PEOPLE I NEVER HAD THE PLEASURE 2 GET 2 KNOW..I KNOW I SMILE EVERYTIME I THINK OF YOU, I LOVE YOU 2 TRISH.....YOU PEOPLE NEED TO GET A LIFE......
Help

United States

#36 Jul 12, 2009
If you know someone who has a drinking problem get them help. Dont encourage it by laughing and bragging how funny they get when they are drunk. No matter how lovable and fun a drunk is they are still an alcoholic and that is a disease.
MeInUSA

United States

#37 Jul 12, 2009
Trish wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks to everyone who can see past what has happened,My Husband Tim Moore was a wonderful person,yes their was evidence he was targeted!We has great attorneys and a awesome privated investigator who believed in Tim the whole time,the only reason Tim agreed to community service on the AI,was all other charges were dropped,they could not be substantiated,and Tim wasnted to be back home as soon as possible.The trial ended Feb.23,and the next day the press,App News Express,lied about everything that happened in court,let it be known that I will not stop until JUSTICE is served,I will fight for what I believe in,and I believe whole heartedly that he was done wrong,he knew the laws better than The Barney Fife officer did that's why he refused to get out of the car,also he was never told he was under arrest!When he did get out of the car,he was roughed up and I then got out 7 months pregnant,and simply asked what was going on and I was crying,the officer told me "you can get your pregnant ass back in the vehicle,or you to will go to jail for disorderly conduct,it was like something you see on cops,only these were bad,maybe God will have mercy on them for lying because I sure don't,my little girl will never know her DADDY!
Trish, you probably won't ever see this because it's been such a long time when it was started, but I believe everything you have said that happened because I had a horrible incident with a Pikeville city policeman pulling me over the other day. He treated me like I was a murderer or theif or something worse. My crime was my tags were expired. I couldn't believe the way he treated me. I have never, ever been treated that badly by any police officer. I've been thinking and saying exactly the same things as you said, it was like some movie you see where the cops are corrupted and using their power. And what they said to you was horrible, too. Obviously, there's some bad cops in the Pikeville Police Department. I would love to know which one arrested your husband. I bet this has made really bad feelings, too, between the Kentucky State Police and the Pikeville City Police, who obviously would sometimes have to work together. Sometimes there are policemen/women with egos that are way too big to handle that job with all of that power. I hope and prayer something is done about it.

God bless you and your family!
So what

Winchester, KY

#38 Jul 12, 2009
RANDOM wrote:
WHY DON'T YOU ASK TRISH WHY THEY WERE FIGHTING ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD SEPERATE INCIDENT FROM CONCERT ARREST WHEN A ROOKIE TROOPER PULLED IN TO ASK WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS HE FLASHED HIS KSP BADGE AND SAID MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS HIM BEING A SUPERIOR OFFICER THEY WENT ON I KNOW PLENTY OF KSP UNITS THAT TOLD ME OF THIS INCIDENT THEY SAID THEY WOULD HAVE ARRESTED BOTH TIM AN TRISH EXSPECIALLY IF THEY GOT CALLED A FAG THEY AS WELL WOULD HAVE HOOKED HIM UP EXACT QUOTE YOU CAN'T BE AN OFFICER OF THE LAW HAVE A DRUD-DEALING BAR HOPING IN-LAWS AND NOT BE A SHIT-BIRD!!!!!!!!!!
You can not judge someone by their in-laws shit bird! and so what if he was arguing with his wife, what couple hasn't????
Hello

Winder, GA

#39 Jul 12, 2009
How about drug testing the Barney Fife fool that arrested him?

Since: Feb 09

Burkesville, KY

#40 Jul 13, 2009
AMUSED wrote:
PEOPLE GET ARRESTED ALL THE TIME AND PEOPLE DIE EVERYDAY. BEFORE THE TRIAL I HAD NEVER HEARD A GOOD THING ABOUT TIM MOORE. THE ONLY THING I HAD EVER HEARD WAS THAT HE HAD A DRINKING PROLBLEM AND LIKE TO BEAT ON WOMEN. IT SHOULDN'T BE ABOUT THE PIKEVILLE PD ARRESTING HIM. TIM WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS OWN ACTIONS. HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A ROLE MODEL AND PROTECT AND SERVE. WHY WAS HE SO DRUNK OUT IN PUBLIC ANYWAY? HE HAD A IMAGE HE WAS SUPPOSED TO MAINTAIN SO HE MADE THE WHOLE KSP LOOK BAD
A very rude and poorly timed comment- not your typical Eastern Kentuckian who I've always found (up to now) to be very respectful and less gossipy than this. My deepest sympathy for the family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kentucky Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2 dead, 17 wounded in shooting at Kentucky high... 9 min Ren 869
The Russian didn't do it 20 min Ren 3
Why is CA. Poor 33 min Ren 5
The butcher of waco 41 min Ren 6
Liberals can't tell the difference between dem ... 51 min Ren 9
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 hr Ren 172,959
Trump's failure to drain the swamp 19 hr Ifso 28
More from around the web