Kansas Unemployment
Mandy

Andover, KS

#63 Jan 25, 2010
Update.. my friend who filled out tier III application in middle of December did get all of his back pay today.. in case this gives anyone hope. I have not gotten paid yet since filling out a date wrong on my first job prospect form even though it was returned to me and I sent it back corrected. Have been trying to get through all day and nothing so far..
Sara Rice

Shawnee, KS

#64 Jan 25, 2010
So does anyone know if you are on the State extended benefits that I will automatically be put on the tier 3 or do I have to fill out another application for that. I am so confused..
Mandy

Andover, KS

#65 Jan 25, 2010
I thought it would be automatic but I recieved the Tier III application in the mail today.. even though I still have about 10 weeks of State extended benefits. Guess it's a good thing that they are sending the application so early, but confusing none the less..
frustrated

United States

#66 Jan 26, 2010
still waiting for UI to call me, and usually my claim is processed by today, but it hasn't been yet. Pray to God they're doing something with my case. I figured it up, and they've taken over 1600$ more than they should have.
proudfsresident

United States

#67 Jan 26, 2010
I finally got through to the call center yesterday afternoon. I was amazed at how nice the lady I talked to was and how willing to help she was. First time that has ever happened there. She must have been new! Anyway. She kept repeating what she had been instructed to say, and I kept saying this does not make since. Finally, she says you know, this is what it says to tell you, but it makes no since to me either, so I am going to get to the bottom of it. She proceeds to put me on hold for about 10 minutes, gets back on the line, says I was right there was an error in the processing of my account! If she had not been the one nice person in that call center that sounded like she really did want to help I would still be stuck not getting payments. Needless to say, she fixed everything and her boss was sending it on to the people in the right department to get my payment issued. So by Wednesday I should be paid. But she is going to call me and check on it just to be sure. Talk about finding a diamond in the rough!
really frustrated

Kansas City, MO

#68 Jan 26, 2010
I have been getting the state extended benefits just fine. Then my last employer who I worked for 3 days decided to appeal my claim! Had the little phone hearing last week and haven't gotten a letter but all of a sudden the computer is showing that my claim for this last week has not been processed and the telephone is saying it has. Of course can't get in anywhere!! What to do?
ExtremelyFurious

Coffeyville, KS

#69 Jan 26, 2010
I've been a 5 weeks, grand total, not including this upcoming week. No money. Zero. I've tried calling ALL 4 Unemployment call center telephone numbers and only once in a great phenomenon get the prompt system, which eventually leads the system to tell me they're too busy and it disconnects the call. The other i'd say 97.5 percent of the time it is simply a busy tone. I'm very much broke and falling behind on my bills. I need some serious help here. I've been burning my cell phones battery dead everyday trying to get through to someone. Whats the deal? Really? Do they not realize, not me per say, that people have family's and need money to pay bills, get groceries, etc, etc. Five weeks is far too long for this nonsense. I really am on the verge of being in some seriously deep debt. I'm just in shock that its taking this long. What to do?
proudfsresident

United States

#70 Jan 26, 2010
Contact the Governor's office. It will take longer than the 72 hours for them to call you back but they will. The lady that just called me today was an absolute b**ch but she did call me back at least. Of course to tell me there is nothing she can do its all up to the computer programmers but like I said she did call. Remember when it comes to these people the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Call the Gov. Call Department of Labor. Call your local congressmen. The first two will just take your info and say we will have someone call you. Your local rep, and sen, should on the other hand take and interest in your issue. Mine did, spoke to me for 30 minutes or so on the phone and has called back a couple of times to check on things as well as me having talked to his staff several times. And remember when you talk to the call center, do not just take their is nothing I can do as an reply. Demand more, if it does not make since to you, odds are it is not right. YOu have to demand for them to look into things or they wont.
Mandy

Andover, KS

#71 Jan 26, 2010
Finally got thru to the call center today. My payments have been suspended because I put one wrong date on my first job prospect form. I put 12/31 instead of 01/01 for one of my jobs. They are sending it back to me to be corrected so I can send it back to them and hopefully start getting paid again. I am only about 3 weeks into my extended state benefits and received the tier III application in the mail yesterday. I was transfered to another agent and she advised that she didn't know why I had gotten it already and to hold onto it for a month before sending it back in. So still a waiting game..
frustrated

United States

#72 Jan 26, 2010
Thats right. Contact your Senator, your Representative, and your Governor! The problems I have been having, like today, got the runaround from both the call center and office of appeals. BULL****! But, once again I emailed Sen. Barnett, and lo and behold, had unemployment calling ME!!! Amazing! Now, my benefits will be going back to what I was receiving(minus the child support i got behind on because of ther FUBAR) plus back pay, which is a good chunk. Lets see if it'll pan out. If not, I guess I'll complain some more.
Mike

Wichita, KS

#73 Jan 27, 2010
Ive had it ....
bake

Concordia, KS

#75 Jan 27, 2010
Let me tell you all how to get through
Call the Governors office. Tell them you are tired of trying to get through they will have someone call you back. It is the only way I have figured out how to get to them.
frustrated no more

United States

#76 Jan 28, 2010
I finally got all my back pay they owed me. I'm so glad that's thru with. Even though child support is being taken out, the way I figured is they've took enough, and part of my state tax refund, that I'll be caught up :)Plus have a job offer. Wow!
An unemployed individual

Canton, NY

#77 Jan 28, 2010
7 weeks...no pay...no one picks up...no one sends me a letter to know whats going on...
laney smith

Little River, KS

#78 Jan 28, 2010
man.....can things get any worse. Wheres the support we need? The system they have going sucks!!
Sherry

Kansas City, MO

#79 Jan 29, 2010
Why don't they just hire more people to answer the phones? It was terribly difficult to call them two years ago. Since then it has gone from difficult to impossible. This has become scandalous.

I tell you what. I saw a job posting for a customer service rep at the Overland Park workforce center, so I applied for it. Now if you really don't want to pay me the benefits I'm rightfully entitled to, then hire me so I can help process your excessive volume, and then you can give me paychecks instead of unemployment benefits.
kim

Kansas City, MO

#80 Feb 4, 2010
i have a real problem with the comments from the spokesperson in the kansas city star article post 2/3/10. she states that the reason the phones lines are so backed up is becuase too many people are calling who dont need to and the comment "that almost nothing in the process needs to be done on the phone" that is absulutly not the case, my husband worked part of the last 18 months in Mo, so he has to call in order to file an initial claim. Which i am sure they will say they need to investigate and it will be weeks before we see any money.
eff this ks ui

Claremont, CA

#81 Feb 4, 2010
ExtremelyFurious wrote:
I've been a 5 weeks, grand total, not including this upcoming week. No money. Zero. I've tried calling ALL 4 Unemployment call center telephone numbers and only once in a great phenomenon get the prompt system, which eventually leads the system to tell me they're too busy and it disconnects the call. The other i'd say 97.5 percent of the time it is simply a busy tone. I'm very much broke and falling behind on my bills. I need some serious help here. I've been burning my cell phones battery dead everyday trying to get through to someone. Whats the deal? Really? Do they not realize, not me per say, that people have family's and need money to pay bills, get groceries, etc, etc. Five weeks is far too long for this nonsense. I really am on the verge of being in some seriously deep debt. I'm just in shock that its taking this long. What to do?
14 Weeks here.
Katie

Prairie Village, KS

#82 Feb 4, 2010
My unemployment will be ending the end of Feb. 2010. Does anyone know if I will get an extension. I've been on unemployment for 6 months.
An unpaid individual

Schenectady, NY

#83 Feb 5, 2010
I've been trying to get a hold of their offices since mid December, and today, February 5, 2010, I got a hold of someone! Amazing! And suprisingly, she was nice, took her time with me, and got all my issues resolved. I will be receiving 8 weeks of back pay...8 times 405...cha ching!!! Finally! Thank the lord...someone was praying for me. Keep calling guys, no matter how many months it takes to get through. And Katie, yest you should be getting an extension. Their's about three of them after you exhaust your original benefits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kansas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 16-year-old is running for Kansas governor seat... Aug 16 Christsharians on... 9
Election Who's got your vote in the Kansas Attorney Gene... (Oct '14) Aug 9 ExPatron 8
News Kansas political leaders debate Brownback's legacy Jul 29 Why oh Why 6
News Trump to nominate Sam Brownback as religious fr... Jul 28 Putins Glock Holster 1
News In Wichita, Kobach blasts funding for illegal i... Jul 21 ardith 2
News Trump election-fraud official running for Kansa... Jul 21 ardith 28
News 10 Things to Know for Tuesday Jul '17 Third World Order 5
More from around the web