iagreewithsteve

Kansas City, MO

#391 Feb 13, 2011
if your approved then you'll get all your back pay at one time. as long as you were filing your claims then they'll pay them. congrats i know how frustrating this stuff is...goodluck
broke parent

Liberty, MO

#392 Feb 13, 2011
My daughter had her phone interview with the unemployment office 2 months ago and still no news on the outcome! We r going broke trying to help her until this comes through! Help please!
stuck in limbo

Wellington, KS

#393 Feb 14, 2011
I was down to mon-thurs 32 hour weeks and I came in on the monday and got laid off an hour after I was there. I was on unemployment most of 2010 but never went to tier 2 or 3 and they told me on the phone I had to email them asking for an extension based on an alternate base pay period since I haven't worked a full quarter. When I did the initial claim I forgot about the hour I worked and I got rejected for not claiming earnings. Now I don't know how to talk to a person to fix it. The letter they sent me says to call the office, but when I call the number it directs me to the website. Sooooo frustrated.
Jarvis In Johnson County

Lenexa, KS

#394 Feb 15, 2011
Reading all the posts on here is scaring the crap out of me.
I have gone through all the tiers. I will be receiving my FINAL tier 3 payment tomorrow (Weds).
I received the two forms that have to be filled out and mailed in for the final 13 weeks...which, I believe, is the EB or Emergency State Extended Benefits. I mailed in the two forms a few days ago, within a day or two or receiving them. MY CONCERN- is how long is it going to be before I see my next payment...which will be my first of EB. I have seen some posts on here saying that it takes them 4 to 6 weeks to process those forms and get started on EB. I have to pay March rent. A 4 to 6 week delay will kill me. I HOPE that is not the case.
Cheryl

Shawnee Mission, KS

#395 Feb 15, 2011
I'm in the same boat, Jarvis. I submitted an online claim last week after my temp job ended and yesterday got an email saying I had to mail in an EUC app form, which I sent today. It will probably take forever to process. Back in August, it took them about five weeks to process my claim when I moved from Tier 1 to 2.
Tommy

Lawrence, KS

#396 Feb 16, 2011
So I login today to check my status and it finally says I was approved and the last 3 weeks looks like this:

Week Claimed: February 12, 2011
Amount of Payment:(amount)
Date Payment Mailed: February 16, 2011
Weekly Benefit Amount:(amount)
Current Balance:(amount)

Does it usually say "Date Payment Mailed"??? Shouldn't it have went onto my Debit Card?
screwed

Mission, KS

#397 Feb 16, 2011
the mailed date is actually the day they transmit the info to the debit card. should be on your card tomorrow.
gettingscared

Kansas City, MO

#398 Feb 16, 2011
how long does it take to start extended benefits?my last paymenton tier III is on the 19th and then i start eb.
Tommy

Lawrence, KS

#399 Feb 16, 2011
@screwed Thank you so much. Everyone in here has been extremely helpful!!
N 2 DEEP

Kansas City, MO

#400 Feb 16, 2011
I was wrongfully terminated Oct. 6. Filed for benefits company naturally chose to fight it since they've FIRED (not laid off due to "lack of work") ALL english speeking production workers. Jan 16 was my Telephone Hearing-- they didnt show!Get the determination letter DENIED-AGAIN.Reason I sent appeal in 5 days late. I WAS IN KY AT A FUNERAL!!Then spent 3 days n hosptital.UI Judge reported times n dates not even close to what i testified. resulting n denial AGAIN!!!--ANYONE THINK I STILL HAVE A SHOT AT MY BACK PAY(22weeks)
N 2 DEEP

Kansas City, MO

#401 Feb 16, 2011
Any company doesn't want their UI raised can simply appeal everyone terminated right's to UI benefits. By simply appealing our right to benefits, we'r knocked out of receiving ANY of "OUR" Benefits until proven innocent!! THATS CRAZY!!
Anne

Kansas City, MO

#402 Feb 21, 2011
Tommy wrote:
So I login today to check my status and it finally says I was approved and the last 3 weeks looks like this:
Week Claimed: February 12, 2011
Amount of Payment:(amount)
Date Payment Mailed: February 16, 2011
Weekly Benefit Amount:(amount)
Current Balance:(amount)
Does it usually say "Date Payment Mailed"??? Shouldn't it have went onto my Debit Card?
When did u initially apply? I applied January 2nd.
Steve

Wichita, KS

#403 Feb 21, 2011
Tommy,

When you log in to see your status, it will say the date payment mailed! And, the $$$ should be on the card the day after the date mailed! Actually, I believe the $$$ is available at midnight on the date mailed!!! However, there could be a delay if there is a holiday in that week!!! Also, you can check the balance by loging onto the website on the back of the Visa card they sent you! Good Luck!!!

Seve
Anne

Kansas City, MO

#404 Mar 2, 2011
What does it mean if a weekly benefit amount is listed but there is a zero balance? It also says no payment has been issued. I have been waiting for 8 weeks. Prior to this, it kept saying payment was temporarily suspended.
Cheryl

Shawnee Mission, KS

#405 Mar 2, 2011
Anne, have you received a lettr regarding why your payments are temp. suspended? This happened to me on my initial claim too, but I got a letter requesting a phone interview because of questions regarding job separation. It took them several weeks to approve, but I did get all my back pay.
I'm on EUC right now and just resumed getting payments after being laid off from a temp job. First they sent me a letter saying I wasn't entitled and then got another one couple days later giving me a benefit amount. Talk about confusing. Anyway, I got a payment and my account balance still shows zero.??????
Anne

Kansas City, MO

#406 Mar 2, 2011
Yes, I got a letter and had a phone interview way back on January 21st. I called the Governor's office last week to see if they could help speed things along. I think it worked. Yesterday, the "temporarily suspended" changed to no payment issued. The amount is different and it also says zero balance. I was just wondering why it says zero balance and if anyone else had that happen because I seemed to remember reading that on here somewhere.
Cheryl wrote:
Anne, have you received a lettr regarding why your payments are temp. suspended? This happened to me on my initial claim too, but I got a letter requesting a phone interview because of questions regarding job separation. It took them several weeks to approve, but I did get all my back pay.
I'm on EUC right now and just resumed getting payments after being laid off from a temp job. First they sent me a letter saying I wasn't entitled and then got another one couple days later giving me a benefit amount. Talk about confusing. Anyway, I got a payment and my account balance still shows zero.??????
Cheryl

Shawnee Mission, KS

#407 Mar 2, 2011
My online account used to show a balance until the KDOL system got upgraded this past summer because of EUC getting temporarily halted. Since Sept, I have received payments off and on and my account balance had never been updated from showing zero. Hopefully, since calls to the governor's office seem to elicit action on their part, you will get your payments soon.
dan

Topeka, KS

#408 Mar 2, 2011
Cheryl wrote:
I'm in the same boat, Jarvis. I submitted an online claim last week after my temp job ended and yesterday got an email saying I had to mail in an EUC app form, which I sent today. It will probably take forever to process. Back in August, it took them about five weeks to process my claim when I moved from Tier 1 to 2.
Cheryl,

I am waiting to hear from them re my tier 2 benefits. My tier 1 benefits ran out this week and I have not been sent any forms for tier 2. Is this what happened to you? Please let me know.

Thanks.
Cheryl

Shawnee Mission, KS

#409 Mar 3, 2011
Hey Dan, I don't believe you have to submit any new forms or claim to move from Tier 1 to 2. (That's per the KDOL website also). Just keep filing your weekly claim. The delay on mine in August was because of EUC getting temp. suspended and KDOL had to update their system when EUC was reinstated. They were many people caught in the processing backlog like me, but they are caught up now. You should be getting a determination letter soon showing your new total and weekly benefit amount. They were quick in resuming my claim after my temp job ended. I've already gotten two payments. Good luck.
dan

Topeka, KS

#410 Mar 3, 2011
Cheryl wrote:
Hey Dan, I don't believe you have to submit any new forms or claim to move from Tier 1 to 2.(That's per the KDOL website also). Just keep filing your weekly claim. The delay on mine in August was because of EUC getting temp. suspended and KDOL had to update their system when EUC was reinstated. They were many people caught in the processing backlog like me, but they are caught up now. You should be getting a determination letter soon showing your new total and weekly benefit amount. They were quick in resuming my claim after my temp job ended. I've already gotten two payments. Good luck.
Thanks Cheryl.

I appreciate your help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kansas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Senate panel spikes adult business regulation bill Sun WTFteaHATER 1
State of Kansas Accounting Change Results in $1... Feb 27 ron 1
Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutio... (Oct '10) Feb 24 The Kangaroo 6,059
Kobach bill tackles Obama deportation order, se... Feb 18 spud 5
Kansas governor rescinds order protecting gay s... Feb 17 lol 57
Kansas governor removes protections for LGBT em... Feb 17 Belle Sexton 93
Gay-rights advocates planning rally at Kansas S... Feb 15 Rick in Kansas 3
More from around the web