Obama Blunder: 10,000 Died In Kansas Tornado

May 14, 2007 Full story: CBS 3 74

Barack Obama, caught up in the fervor of a campaign speech Tuesday, drastically overstated the Kansas tornadoes death toll, saying thousands had died.

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed," Obama said in a 27-minute speech to 500 people packed into a sweltering art studio for a fundraiser.

The death toll was 12. According to the 2000 census, the population of the town was 1,574.

Obama mentioned the disaster in saying he had been told by the office of Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius that the state's National Guard had been depleted by its commitment to the Iraq War. Read more

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Michelle in KS

Overland Park, KS

#1 May 15, 2007
Obviously, Barack Obama and/or his speech writer(s) should make every effort to insure the accuracy of the information being delivered. However embarrasing, I'm sure this blunder was not intentional. In fact, I seriously doubt it's any worse than anything George Bush has ever said or done. This incident, in and of itself, would certainly not dissuade me from taking Obama and his candidacy seriously.
Anthony

Staten Island, NY

#2 May 15, 2007
Everyone on the planet makes mistakes like that. Big deal.
Richard

Overland Park, KS

#3 May 15, 2007
Well, the dems seem to go to any length to blame Bush for something .......... even if it means resorting to distortion of facts. Are we surprised ? This sort of thing says something to me about the great need we have for character and integrity in our choices for high office, no matter what political party one favors. And I do not see it in this candidate.
Mark

Lenexa, KS

#4 May 16, 2007
Michelle in KS wrote:
Obviously, Barack Obama and/or his speech writer(s) should make every effort to insure the accuracy of the information being delivered. However embarrasing, I'm sure this blunder was not intentional. In fact, I seriously doubt it's any worse than anything George Bush has ever said or done. This incident, in and of itself, would certainly not dissuade me from taking Obama and his candidacy seriously.
First of all Michelle, I assure you it was intentional. No one mistakes 12 dead for 10,00. He did it so he could blame the White House as always, just like Gov. Sebilus tried to do. Has anyone noticed there were no complaints about lack of National Guard trucks and troops available for Greensburg like she said there was? It's because there weren't any complaints. Typical Dems have to lie to try to prove a point.
Tom D

Shawnee, KS

#5 May 18, 2007
It was abundantly clear to the most uninformed observer that Kansas Gov. Sebelius was making her comment (about the Greensburg tragety) in order to be a good democrat. And she later admitted getting a wake up call from Washington at 5am with instructions on how she should blame everything on Pres. Bush.
So then, comes Borat Obama, and his stupid remarks about how many died in Greensburg from the hurricane.
One question for Michelle in Ks. and Anthony in NY.
How can you even tolerate such a blunder and call it unintentional or a mistake par with everyone else on the planet.
For as long as I can remember since his inaugeration I have listened to boobs like you in the Democratic Party call Pres. Bush stupid, a dunce, illiterate, and every other unkind word one can imagine.
Why would you be so fast to extend grace to Obama for some factural blunder, while lamenting on and on About Pres. Bush.
It seems to this observer that even as "TOLERANT," (NOT) as you Dems say you are, you would want to tolerate another four years of Obama blunders.
Let's not be hypocritical......eh
Linda

Pleasanton, CA

#7 May 24, 2007
as i was reading all the comments on this, i realized that tom had greensburg hit by a hurricane. so i guess we all have problems with getting all our facts straight, republican or democrate!!
Lee

Baton Rouge, LA

#8 May 25, 2007
The problem is we all make mistakes and we are quick to call others on theirs, but you can't call one person a fool and fail to call the other a fool when he has made more mistakes, Obama 1 vs. Bush ?. You do the math.
Tom D

Shawnee, KS

#9 May 25, 2007
Lee suggests that President Bush is a bigger fool then Osama, sorry, Obama.

Uh, Lee, I don't remember any mistakes Pres. Bush has made.
Pres. Bush 0 vs. Obama ?

I am sure, everything that George W. has done, is a mistake according to you.

I must now appologize to everyone, especially Linda, for saying a tornado was a hurricane.
But Linda, I do beleive most people who read these posts did pick up on the point I was making, in spite of your cheap little shot.
Tom D

Shawnee, KS

#10 May 25, 2007
Oh, Lee, by the way, that was pretty feeble.

And Lee, it has been said, "A wise man can learn from a fool, as soon as you determine which is which."
You foolish man, you.
Jim

Lenexa, KS

#11 May 26, 2007
Tom D wrote:
I don't remember any mistakes Pres. Bush has made.Pres. Bush 0 vs. Obama ?
Tom, are you really that in love with Bush that you can't see his mistakes through your rose-colored glasses? How about the entire Iraq War? How about Katrina? The national debt? Medicare? North Korea? I could go on. Obama's little slip seems pretty insignificant compared to all of that.
dave

Tuolumne, CA

#13 May 26, 2007
Thanks for straigtening us all Mark. We stupid democrats need to be taken to the wood shed sometimes. God knows your party has a corner on morality, ethics and justice.
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all Michelle, I assure you it was intentional. No one mistakes 12 dead for 10,00. He did it so he could blame the White House as always, just like Gov. Sebilus tried to do. Has anyone noticed there were no complaints about lack of National Guard trucks and troops available for Greensburg like she said there was? It's because there weren't any complaints. Typical Dems have to lie to try to prove a point.
Tom D

Shawnee, KS

#14 May 26, 2007
To Jim in Lenexa.
I don't have any rose-colored glasses. and yes I know Pres. bush has made mistakes.

When I wrote that I didn't remember any and scored the contest, Pres. Bush 0 vs. Obama ?- I was pointing out the folly of the comments made by Lee from La.

Lee, and probably you as well, would blame Bush if the sun didn't shine one day.
And you throwing out a litany of two and three word questions i.e. How about Katrina? The national debt? Medicare? Norh Korea? And then saying "I could go on." - implying these were all mistakes made by the president (as well as many others) is simply not a valid argument.

I am sure that you and I would never agree on much of anything.
My history with and knowledge of folks like you (extreme liberals) is: You lack integrity, morals, and are generally short on ethics. Everything is situational to people like you.

You let your passions rule your life, you rarely think or reason for yourself, and you simply spew out venom you have heard on Letterman or from one of your cronies at the pub.

I know you probably find this insulting. Too bad.
Jim

Lenexa, KS

#15 May 27, 2007
Tom,

Jumping the conclusion that I am an extreme liberal after reading a single post from me is rather short-sighted, and quite honestly, rather ignorant on your part. Typical Ultra-conservative view...I don't agree with you, so I am wrong and have no integrity or morals. Character attacks are the essense of conservative thinking (if you can call it "thinking").

Just because I don't like what Bush has done to this country does not make me an extreme liberal. I actually consider myself more of a moderate and rather apolitical. I don't have much of an interest in politics, and don't think highly of most politicians whether they be Republicans or Democrats. The best thing any new president can hope for is to not make things worse, which I can wholeheartedly say Bush has failed miserably. Next November, a huge sigh of relief will come over this country as he leaves office....shortly followed by another large breath hoping that his successor will not continue to make things worse.
Tom D

Shawnee, KS

#16 May 27, 2007
WOW
It's obvious you were insulted by my comments.

And truth is, yes I could tell from one post that you are liberal.

Again, I repeat, your two and three word accusations in the form of a question were very revealing in addition to being ignorant.

Your last post is a good attempt at trying to convince others that you are a moderate and apolitical, but not good enough.

Katrina? Medicare? North Korea? All mistakes by Pres. Bush?
Jim, that's a major stretch.

And you said. "you could go on."
by all means, PLEASE DO.

Jim, fact of the matter is, you can't go on - you can't even gives reasons how or why Katrina, Medicare, and North Korea are Bush mistakes.

I think Pres. Bush has made some mistakes since being in office, the biggest of which are: 1. The Royals are not playing 500 ball. 2. There have been more reported tornadoes this year then last year for the same period, and 3. Blue Bunny has removed CHOCOLATE CHERRY BLAST ice cream from the shelf. and that's more then enough to hate George Bush.

And if you offered an appology for attempting to lie in your last post, I am big enough to forgive you.
Rick

Olathe, KS

#17 May 31, 2007
Anthony wrote:
Everyone on the planet makes mistakes like that. Big deal.
No they don't. Most check facts first.
yahbe

Ashburn, VA

#18 Jun 3, 2007
Obama's speech that 10,000 people died in Kansas in the Tornado is The Almighty's creator's way of making criminal like Obama Hussein to confess what is in their heart. Yahuweh made Mel Gibson confess of his antisemitic hatred while he was drunk. Yahuweh of Yahshua Messiah made him confess that He hated Jews.

I guess, he was confessing that He was part of the plot to destroy Kennedy Airport. He must have known something and couldn't contain his excitement and he blundered about the tornado's destruction of 12 people in Kansas.

Yahuweh is not on the side of the Wicked. The true Almighty Creator protects His people.

He is going to go after Hillary Clinton to destroy her with her black Panther fangs. Praise be to the Creator of Yahshua Messiah for keeping Him out of the White House both Him and Hillary Clinton.
yahbe

Ashburn, VA

#19 Jun 3, 2007
The demon seed of Islam, Obama Hussein, wants to conquer America for Allah and the Islamic World. Can you believe it? Yahuweh says that Obama Hussein is a black Panther and He has a Black Panther leader holding his leash. He is being led by his master. He doesn't do anything without his master telling him.

He wants to turn America into the Middle East where people don't have the right to free speech. Look at the demons in power: Hugo Chavez's demon wants to remove free speech. Amahdinejad removed free speech. Fidel Castro removed free speech. All the despotic leaders are possessed by a despotic demons who first want to remove free speech in order to enslave the people to them.

Ahmadinejad, along with the Asian countries are going to destroy a group of Jews with their gas. It is not only Ahmadinejad who wants to destroy Israel and America, it is wherever Islam is, the Islamic demons want to destroy.

These demons want to rule the world while they refuse to understand that The Unholy Roman Empire, which they are within, is the last wicked empire that will ever rule the whole world. No more demonic rulers after this. That makes Islam a losing candidate.

Glory be to Yahuweh. Who wants the demonic Islam ruling the whole world? Not only the demons of Islam are despotic, but they are vicious animals as well.

The wicked are using forceful and deceiving methods to convert lost souls to the demons of Islam. Those people were bitter and sadistic before they convert to Islam and being possessed by demon spirit, they become several time more violents than they were before they converted to Islam.

Watch the movie: The mask and you will understand. The demons matched themselves to their hosts according to their characters and attitude. That is why that crazy demon possessed man killed Little Jessica Langsford. He was a mean drug addict character and a mean and violent spirit entered him and destroyed the little girl.

We have plenty of black people whom the demons of Islam are profiting from their past slavery problem and using these people as hosts to destroy America. The black panther are possessed by very violent demon spirits. Many other races in America who are dejected by their daily lives are prey to those Islamic demons.

Some people hate President Bush so much that they will do anything that those demon Islamic people tell them. Demons don't even like their hosts. The demons who possess the Islamic people don't love them. They just use them for their goals which they've been pursuing since Constantine the Great: Demoting the Cross god and rule as supreme Rock god. But the Rock demons are so hateful and vicious that they even killed their own seeds.
bottlecap

Auburn Hills, MI

#20 Jun 6, 2007

If Barack Obama was a Republican the main-stream media, aka the LIARS( liberal inteligentsia and rich socialists) club, would be all over it like a hound dog after a soup bone.
steve

Minneapolis, MN

#21 May 27, 2008
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all Michelle, I assure you it was intentional. No one mistakes 12 dead for 10,00. He did it so he could blame the White House as always, just like Gov. Sebilus tried to do. Has anyone noticed there were no complaints about lack of National Guard trucks and troops available for Greensburg like she said there was? It's because there weren't any complaints. Typical Dems have to lie to try to prove a point.
You must be gay.
steve

Minneapolis, MN

#22 May 27, 2008
yahbe wrote:
The demon seed of Islam, Obama Hussein, wants to conquer America for Allah and the Islamic World. Can you believe it? Yahuweh says that Obama Hussein is a black Panther and He has a Black Panther leader holding his leash. He is being led by his master. He doesn't do anything without his master telling him.
He wants to turn America into the Middle East where people don't have the right to free speech. Look at the demons in power: Hugo Chavez's demon wants to remove free speech. Amahdinejad removed free speech. Fidel Castro removed free speech. All the despotic leaders are possessed by a despotic demons who first want to remove free speech in order to enslave the people to them.
Ahmadinejad, along with the Asian countries are going to destroy a group of Jews with their gas. It is not only Ahmadinejad who wants to destroy Israel and America, it is wherever Islam is, the Islamic demons want to destroy.
These demons want to rule the world while they refuse to understand that The Unholy Roman Empire, which they are within, is the last wicked empire that will ever rule the whole world. No more demonic rulers after this. That makes Islam a losing candidate.
Glory be to Yahuweh. Who wants the demonic Islam ruling the whole world? Not only the demons of Islam are despotic, but they are vicious animals as well.
The wicked are using forceful and deceiving methods to convert lost souls to the demons of Islam. Those people were bitter and sadistic before they convert to Islam and being possessed by demon spirit, they become several time more violents than they were before they converted to Islam.
Watch the movie: The mask and you will understand. The demons matched themselves to their hosts according to their characters and attitude. That is why that crazy demon possessed man killed Little Jessica Langsford. He was a mean drug addict character and a mean and violent spirit entered him and destroyed the little girl.
We have plenty of black people whom the demons of Islam are profiting from their past slavery problem and using these people as hosts to destroy America. The black panther are possessed by very violent demon spirits. Many other races in America who are dejected by their daily lives are prey to those Islamic demons.
Some people hate President Bush so much that they will do anything that those demon Islamic people tell them. Demons don't even like their hosts. The demons who possess the Islamic people don't love them. They just use them for their goals which they've been pursuing since Constantine the Great: Demoting the Cross god and rule as supreme Rock god. But the Rock demons are so hateful and vicious that they even killed their own seeds.
Yabe Dahbe dooo

You must be gay too

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kansas Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Growing demand for rail service bolsters growth... Dec 4 Ace McMillan 4
Kansas prisons face staffing shortages Nov 24 Go Blue Forever 1
Kansas tax collections short as election... Nov '14 Agents of Corruption 4
A Kansas group's push to oust judges exposes a ... Oct '14 Ace McMillan 1
Hutch prison tops in recycling (Aug '09) Oct '14 cntdoit 4
Transgender Kansans fear voter ID law is roadblock Jul '14 Sneaky Pete 10
Conservative heavyweights have solar industry i... (Apr '14) Jun '14 Solarman 4
More from around the web