Kansas cuts aid for illegal immigrant...

Kansas cuts aid for illegal immigrants' kids

There are 9 comments on the The Capital-Journal story from Jan 22, 2012, titled Kansas cuts aid for illegal immigrants' kids. In it, The Capital-Journal reports that:

Kansas welfare officials are eliminating or cutting food stamp benefits for hundreds of low-income, U.S.-born children whose parents are illegal immigrants.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Capital-Journal.

Tom

Kansas City, MO

#1 Jan 22, 2012
It's not the kids' fault. Don't punish them for the actions of their parents. Try humanity before politics and economics.
Hog Wash

De Soto, KS

#2 Jan 22, 2012
Tom in Kansas City, MO? lmao
Quirky

Denver, CO

#3 Jan 22, 2012
Good Job Kansas! A step in the right direction !
babynurse

Overland Park, KS

#4 Jan 22, 2012
No one thinks of the children that are sick. I work with very high acuity babies that are sent home with a mini ICU set up in their homes. What about those children? How can you take away food from a LEGAL citizen? Especially ones that need food? Do I believe that something needs to be done about illegal immigrants...yes. But don't take away food from these children.....especially sick children that count on nutritous food to get well.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5 Jan 22, 2012
way to go kansas,when they start leaving it will show all they are here only to beg.
Quirky

Denver, CO

#6 Jan 22, 2012
babynurse wrote:
No one thinks of the children that are sick. I work with very high acuity babies that are sent home with a mini ICU set up in their homes. What about those children? How can you take away food from a LEGAL citizen? Especially ones that need food? Do I believe that something needs to be done about illegal immigrants...yes. But don't take away food from these children.....especially sick children that count on nutritous food to get well.
If they can`t afford them , they should not breed them.
Tom

Kansas City, MO

#7 Jan 23, 2012
Kansas may run into a legal battle over this. The 14th amendment says that if they were born here they are citizens, I believe.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#8 Jan 23, 2012
Tom wrote:
Kansas may run into a legal battle over this. The 14th amendment says that if they were born here they are citizens, I believe.
ca once voted to stop social services for illegal aliens,the cout shut it down,prop 187 that showed years ago even my state knew illegal aliens are a costly problem.
John

De Soto, KS

#9 Jan 23, 2012
Tom wrote:
Rico, stop using proxy servers!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kansas Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News No A/C for Prisoners: Cruel & Unusual Punishment? (Aug '11) Feb '17 Adrian lawton 25
News Judge orders voter suppressor Kris Kobach to ex... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Joyce 1
News How racism came to be called a mental illness a... (Jun '16) Sep '16 BLM 15
News Judge to monitor Kansas' actions on gay marriag... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Gremlin 28
News Kansas presidential caucuses could be rocky soi... (Mar '16) Mar '16 levs4660 5
News Democrats see close race in Kansas between Hill... (Mar '16) Mar '16 ClintonTricks 1
News Kansas among several states looking to ban sanc... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Cliff 6
More from around the web