Catholic leaders speak out against ne...

Catholic leaders speak out against new contraception regulations

There are 1216 comments on the The Wichita Eagle story from Feb 7, 2012, titled Catholic leaders speak out against new contraception regulations. In it, The Wichita Eagle reports that:

Lawmakers and politicians scrambled Monday to respond to a growing furor over the Obama administration's decision to require no-cost contraceptive insurance coverage - even in policies offered by religious employers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Wichita Eagle.

First Prev
of 61
Next Last
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#1273 Mar 16, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>That's a Free Market Decision of the Employer and the Insurance Company, that's not a Government Mandate.

Are you, or are you not a Free Market Conservative?
never said it was a mandate. But it is reality. And obammy knew it would happen. And obammy lied about it.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#1274 Mar 16, 2012
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand how an employer contributing to a healthcare plan as part of compensation is not pulling your own weight. That's a weak and silly argument.
You not understanding is an intenal flaw. We've figured that out already, you would argue against water being wet.

That's just your conditioning is all.
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#1275 Mar 16, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>The Same people that voted against him in 2008 are going to vote against him in 2012 and, in 2008 that was 11 Million short.

with a 9% approval rate, the Tea Party and Republicans in Congress have not made up 11 Million popular votes to defeat President Obama.

ROFLMAO....... that's just not real to believe, but that's never stopped you extremist in three years.
congress isn't running for president. The republican will defeat the fool named obammy.
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#1276 Mar 16, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>Repeating lies about Health Care is not learning about it.....

Employers stand to benefit from the new law, those that have gone over the legislation with their legal representation know the benefits and how to profit from the legislation.
I haven't lied about. Point out the lie.

Obammy has lied about it. And I have been very clear in pointing them out.
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#1277 Mar 16, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>no, approval is not now or ever necessary, but will be next year.

Now you are lying to save face.
yes they do. You lie over and over.
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#1278 Mar 16, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>The Tax Credits are the subsidy, but the Federal Government is subsidizing low income families, those earning below $49,957 a year with Earned Income Tax Credits.

And also subsidizing Families with Children with similar low earnings, for having Children they simply can not afford.

Half of the Working Population in Kentucky has their salaries subsidized and subsidized further for having Crumb Snatchers they can't afford.

How is that fair to those of us who are not subsidized?
it isn't. Thanks for arguing my point for me.
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#1279 Mar 16, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>You aren't forced to drop insurance, but if you are looking to increase revenue from your production activities it's advisable to drop Employees Health Care and reduce those expenses.

That's a simple Free Market Decision. If they don't like it they are free to find another place of employment. Most employer are in business to earn a profit. You may think that's idiotic, but I can assure you business operating for the purpose of maximization of profits do not.
I think it is idiotic to take a huge expense that is now being paid by business and shifting it to the gov. Yes I do find that idiotic.

Yes business will be forced to. When the cost is to great it will force the business to drop the coverage. That is why obammy has been handing out so many waivers.
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#1280 Mar 16, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>You not understanding is an intenal flaw. We've figured that out already, you would argue against water being wet.

That's just your conditioning is all.
your right. I don't understand your illogical argument. That isn't a problem on my part. It is the idiot I am speaking to.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#1281 Mar 16, 2012
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
yes they do. You lie over and over.
Name one State where the Insurance Company has to have approval to raise their premiums.

I could be wrong, but I say you're lying. Prove me wrong
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#1282 Mar 16, 2012
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
it isn't. Thanks for arguing my point for me.
Beginning tax year 2010, small-business and even domestic employers can receive a 35 percent income tax credit based on premiums paid to cover employees under the Small Business Health Care Tax Credit.

If you actually were an employer, you would know that you are NOW subject to a Tax Credit for providing health Care Insurance to your Employees.

Seems you where lying or you don't file taxes, which is it? Stop. You were lying!

How in the hell can you pretend to have employees and not know the benefits of paying a portion of their insurance cost?

ROFLMAO.......
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#1283 Mar 16, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>Name one State where the Insurance Company has to have approval to raise their premiums.

California
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#1284 Mar 16, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>Beginning tax year 2010, small-business and even domestic employers can receive a 35 percent income tax credit based on premiums paid to cover employees under the Small Business Health Care Tax Credit.

If you actually were an employer, you would know that you are NOW subject to a Tax Credit for providing health Care Insurance to your Employees.

Seems you where lying or you don't file taxes, which is it? Stop. You were lying!

How in the hell can you pretend to have employees and not know the benefits of paying a portion of their insurance cost?

ROFLMAO.......
that's a benefit??
mark

Thane, India

#1286 Mar 27, 2012
vbn
Keno

Shawnee, KS

#1287 Mar 30, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one State where the Insurance Company has to have approval to raise their premiums.
Kansas

Since: Jun 12

Sacramento, CA

#1289 Jun 23, 2012
How about the church starts paying taxes like the rest of the world and than they can enter the political ring.
Sick of Stupid

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#1290 Jun 23, 2012
Ian95630 wrote:
How about the church starts paying taxes like the rest of the world and than they can enter the political ring.
That position makes too much sense to be any part of republican policy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 61
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kansas Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Transgender Kansans fear voter ID law is roadblock (Jul '14) Jul 15 TerryE 13
News Kansas governor's order shields clergy on same-... Jul 9 WasteWater 13
News Report: Kansas tax system puts higher burden on... Jun '15 whatever 2
News No A/C for Prisoners: Cruel & Unusual Punishment? (Aug '11) May '15 unknown and anony... 24
News Kansas governor rescinds order protecting gay s... Apr '15 Lawrence Wolf 64
News Kansas governor removes protections for LGBT em... Feb '15 Belle Sexton 91
News Gay-rights advocates planning rally at Kansas S... Feb '15 Rick in Kansas 3
More from around the web