I-65 accident kills Purdue researcher

I-65 accident kills Purdue researcher

There are 19 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Dec 12, 2007, titled I-65 accident kills Purdue researcher. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A friend of Yujiro Shidara said he was the only man she's ever met who was happy to wake up in the middle of the night to tend to his infant daughter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

God Bless

Tarrytown, NY

#1 Dec 12, 2007
For the sake of His sorrowful passion have mercy on him and the whole earth.
kim in eci

Evansville, IN

#2 Dec 12, 2007
Such a tragic accident, my heart goes out to his family and those who worked closely with him.
Northsider

United States

#5 Dec 12, 2007
He sounds like he was a good man. I am sorry for the loss of his life and wish the best for his family. We desperately need more decent people like him in the world.

“Going thru hell, keep going!”

Since: Dec 06

Decatur, IL

#6 Dec 12, 2007
What a tragic accident. My orayers are with his family. I pray whatever he was working on becomes a breakthrough that cures hundreds of thousands and in his death he becomes a blessing to others.
condolences

Circleville, OH

#8 Dec 12, 2007
Idiot wrote:
Where were the parents....
Oh, she was in the car. Sorry, my bad.
Your name is perfect for you; I doubt you're working on a post-doctoral anything-- how rude,inconsiderate, and inappropriate. You thought you were being funny continuing the where are the parents joke, but this is not the place.
This is a senseless tragedy --how horrendous that the mother may have witnessed her son's death and on her way to leave the country. I cannot imagine the levels of grief the family is experiencing going from the joy of a newborn, new place, and new job to this :( and during the holiday season:( of all times-- Someone lost a husband, father, and son. In addition, the world lost a great mind. May God bring peace to this family in time :( This is absolutely heartbreaking sigh....
Hmmm

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Dec 12, 2007
Look... a sad story but here's how to avoid this situation for less than $5... flares!

Buy a package of roadside flares at an auto store. Keep them in the back of your car. If there's an accident like this, light a flare or two and place them a couple hundred feet behind your car.

It's a very simple thing to do, but it will keep traffic out of the accident scene for a good 30 minutes.

We just got back from PA and helped at a serious accident on the turnpike... using flares there may have saved a life.

I wish that had happened here. Shidara sounds like a great guy. Condolences to his family.
Smoke

Perry, MI

#10 Dec 12, 2007
Got plenty of opinions wrote:
What a tragic accident. My orayers are with his family. I pray whatever he was working on becomes a breakthrough that cures hundreds of thousands and in his death he becomes a blessing to others.
AMEN..AMEN...AMEN...
Blasted

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Dec 12, 2007
Hmmm wrote:
Look... a sad story but here's how to avoid this situation for less than $5... flares!
Buy a package of roadside flares at an auto store. Keep them in the back of your car. If there's an accident like this, light a flare or two and place them a couple hundred feet behind your car.
It's a very simple thing to do, but it will keep traffic out of the accident scene for a good 30 minutes.
We just got back from PA and helped at a serious accident on the turnpike... using flares there may have saved a life.
I wish that had happened here. Shidara sounds like a great guy. Condolences to his family.
You are an IDIOT how would flares help if the first time he got out of his car he was hit, say he was getting out of the car to put up the flares, he was still going to be hit by the other car. Flares don't light themselves and get put in the road by themselves.
chicago transplant

Marysville, OH

#12 Dec 12, 2007
I am so sorry to hear of this accident. I pray that his family will get through this devasting time.
Purdue Family

West Lafayette, IN

#13 Dec 12, 2007
While I did not personally know Yujiro, I'm sure I speak for a lot of the Purdue staff when I say I'm so sorry to hear about this tragic loss to our family.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those he left behind.
carmel person

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Dec 12, 2007
this is so horrible.
pinhead

Erlanger, KY

#16 Dec 12, 2007
Wow, how horrible. Tragic.
Sad Day

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Dec 12, 2007
Sorry for this loss. At least he was doing what he loved and trying to make the world a better place.
asdf

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Dec 12, 2007
Blasted wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an IDIOT how would flares help if the first time he got out of his car he was hit, say he was getting out of the car to put up the flares, he was still going to be hit by the other car. Flares don't light themselves and get put in the road by themselves.
You are the IDIOT. He got hit when he got out of the car to see if the cop was there. Had he put the flares out right after the accident not only would he not have to get out to make sure the cop saw the car but also the other car would have changed lanes and avoided the ice.
humh

Duncan, OK

#19 Dec 12, 2007
Blasted wrote:
<quoted text>
Duke, the flares could have been put out IN FRONT OF the patch of ice, thus cars would have missed it.
educated one

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Dec 12, 2007
...or the other car could've hit the flares and created even more of a problem...and who's to say that he would not have been hit when he got out of the car to place the flares...the point of having or not having flares is not the issue...

...the life of a father, husband, son and friend was lost...such a sad tradgy and can't begin to imagine what his mother felt as she witnessed it. My prayers go out to the family...
Sad in IL

Chicago, IL

#21 Dec 12, 2007
My deepest condolences to Mr. Shidara's family. On Dec. 1, I too, lost control on I-65 during the ice/sleet/snow storm while driving about 40mph. I have another idea: WHY DOESN'T INDOT SALT THE ROADS IN YOUR STATE??????? After talking with others, including truck drivers, they all complain the Indiana is terrible with that. Maybe "My Man Mitch" could do something about that, or is that too much government?
Kim

Newport, KY

#22 Dec 12, 2007
God Bless
Mani

West Lafayette, IN

#23 Dec 13, 2007
It is a sad tragedy and hard time to his kith and kin. I pray Almighty to give peace and strength to the new born, his wife and family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Worst Mayor in the state of Indiana 3 hr Thomas 7
News Grandfather of Indiana teen found dead near hik... (Mar '17) Apr 16 Gary johnson 153
roger wethington (Aug '15) Apr 14 Anonymous 18
News Indiana lawmaker hopes to protect forests from ... Apr 13 Everdeen 2
News Infant safe after being left in Indiana baby box Apr 12 diur3hfukrehufherj 1
News Serial bandit charged in Winchester bank heist Apr 9 Hat as 5
News Out of Our Past: Locals in last Civil War fight Apr 8 Jake 2