Slain Terre Haute police officer to get statue

May 8, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTHR-TV Indianapolis

With all the rain we've had already this season, experts predict we'll probably see a lot more mosquitoes.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of68
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Hmmmm

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Why???
I thought our city was having a budget crisis?
I always thought the story of how Officer Long died was fishy. I thought they were trying too hard to cover up the fact that he was shot by another officer who heard shots and panicked. But, it's not like we'll ever know the real truth.
FluckBrentLong

Kristianstad, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

It doesn't matter how many crappy news stories they run on this c_ocksucker. it won't bring his corrupt ass back from hell. Think of all the lives that he ruined unnecessarily to feed his ego/mental problems.
I am sorry about the dog but no so much about the jack-booted thug. May he never escape hell. He is where God thinks he belongs.
FluckBrentLong

Kristianstad, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Wish that I could get saluted for being against freedom and common sense
Not sure

Danville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

If the budget is tight, they can honor him in other ways.
justwannaknow

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

I am sorry about officer Long, and sorry about the whole situation that his family was thrust into but.....he was doing his job when he got killed, he knew it was a real probability that he could be killed, and so did his family.
Its real nice to pay respects, and gratitude to fallen officers, but this has gone CRAZY!
I dont remember all this hoopla when any other officer was killed, I lived down the road from where officer Arts was killed, and remember that happening very well, also remember he didnt get no where the recognition officer Long is still getting......did I miss something??
JunkieJimmy

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

You people are so uninformed its pathetic! Every Pennie spent on that statue came from donations from people in our community. Not one tax dollar was spent.

The least you could do is check your facts before you spew crap from your filthy meth mouths
Know

Delphi, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Will the statue be at Square Donuts?
SFBPIGS

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

The TH City Cops Could have been the fatel shot.

Freindly fire.

The New Truth About the Cop Shot in Watertown: Friendly-Fire in a Getaway

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/...
fyea

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

I dont give a rats ass about then negative things you have say about bean. I knew him before he was a cop and after. He was a good man and a good cop. He did not have a evil bone in his body. That piece of shit that shot him? I knew him also. Full blooded piece of shit through and through.
confused

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

I thought we honored officer Long by retiring his police car. Will it be parked next to the statue?
Hmmmm

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

I wasn't saying anything bad about Officer Long. I was merely questioning the circumstances of his death. At no time was I implying he's guilty of anything other than being at the wrong place at the wrong time.
His death is a tragedy but what makes his death more important than any other cop that was killed in the line of duty? Makes you wonder if it's a guilty conscience that's driving this campaign to make him a saint.
Did a cop in the hall hear gunshots and opened fire without realizing Long was in the way? I'm not saying it was done intentionally, I'm just wondering what the truth really is.
Before you respond, think about it. When has Terre Haute carried on in such a way about a cop killed in the line of duty? This man has a street named after him, his car was retired and now he has a statue? Something is wrong with that picture.
CCC

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

fyea wrote:
I dont give a rats ass about then negative things you have say about bean. I knew him before he was a cop and after. He was a good man and a good cop. He did not have a evil bone in his body. That piece of shit that shot him? I knew him also. Full blooded piece of shit through and through.
You didn't know Brent very well then. And the crook that shot him was a pos just as much as Brent was. May they BOTH rot in hell.
CCC

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

I still have my Bean bracelet and use it for a cock ring
YourMomsBox

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

CCC wrote:
I still have my Bean bracelet and use it for a cock ring
You have to put a ring around that little thing so you can find it under that fat belly?
Papaw

Attica, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Hmmmm wrote:
I wasn't saying anything bad about Officer Long. I was merely questioning the circumstances of his death. At no time was I implying he's guilty of anything other than being at the wrong place at the wrong time.
His death is a tragedy but what makes his death more important than any other cop that was killed in the line of duty? Makes you wonder if it's a guilty conscience that's driving this campaign to make him a saint.
Did a cop in the hall hear gunshots and opened fire without realizing Long was in the way? I'm not saying it was done intentionally, I'm just wondering what the truth really is.
Before you respond, think about it. When has Terre Haute carried on in such a way about a cop killed in the line of duty? This man has a street named after him, his car was retired and now he has a statue? Something is wrong with that picture.
You are either a youngster or a recent transport to Terre Haute. We don't have a lot of police injured or killed but when they are murdered like Brent Long or Kevin Artz we do honor them. Those like Sonny Rogers who were not killed in the line of duty still receive recognition. Get up to speed.
wow

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

I thought that only vultures feasted off of dead rotting corpses. You people need to grieve and and go on with your lives. I have no doubt that their are plenty more jack-booted freedom America officers to take Commisar Longs place in destroying liberty even further more. We all know that "serve and protect" is a joke.
wow

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

I do hope that no one else gets hurt or killed. Suicide by meth addict isn't the best way to leave planet earth I'm sure.
Satanic Priest

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

This is so WRONG on so many levels that is baffles the mind. Who, or whom, have the power in Terre Haute to stop this idolization of his life? The Mayor? The People? It is just crazy and out of control. It is better to stop it now that to have people down the road take it down who disagree with the premise of the statue.
Bill

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

I support the police, but I think they have overdone it here. The money should have been contributed to something to help youth.
Boy Blue

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Papaw wrote:
<quoted text>
You are either a youngster or a recent transport to Terre Haute. We don't have a lot of police injured or killed but when they are murdered like Brent Long or Kevin Artz we do honor them. Those like Sonny Rogers who were not killed in the line of duty still receive recognition. Get up to speed.
Sonny was killed in the line of duty. A patron pulled out a gun when Sonny was off duty at a local bar where he was playing guitar. Sonny identified himself as a police officer and ordered the patron to drop the gun. The patron shot Sonny.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of68
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••