Need Park Place Monopoly Piece!!!

Posted in the Illinois Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
JessicaS

Rockton, IL

#1 Oct 29, 2007
I have quite an unexpected dilemma on my hands, and I do not want to give out too many details over the internet. Last week, I stopped at a McDonald’s near campus and got lunch. I usually do not eat here, and haven’t really taken part in the Monopoly game that has been going on this month. Imagine my surprise when one of my game stamps turns out to be the BOARDWALK game piece!!! At first, I thought this must be the “common” stamp, but after investigating online, I figured out that this is actually the most difficult piece to get in the game. Here comes the problem: I do not have the Park Place piece! The solution was not as easy as going and buying more McDonald’s food because the day after I figured out my luck, all of the McDonald’s around me were sold out of pieces. I called probably 100 McDonald’s in the area and they were all out of pieces. I can’t believe they all ran out of pieces before the game even ended. I do not have many people I can trust with this amount of money in my life. The few people I trusted enough to even ask if they collect the pieces, do not. I do not want to give up on a million dollars yet, even if I have to share it with someone.
If YOU have in your possession, the Park Place piece, and are SERIOUS about working something out with me, I would like to. I am a female in my early twenties and am very scared of this piece being stolen from me. I do not want to be hurt, killed, or robbed over a game piece. I am keeping the piece discreetly at my bank. I do not want to negotiate over the phone, email, or internet. I am not giving out my personal information. If you are SERIOUS, this is the only way I will negotiate. Meet me at the Eastland Mall in Bloomington, IL on Saturday, NOV. 10th at 3pm. I will be in the food court near Panda Express. We will talk in person. Even though I have the rare piece, I am not out to screw anyone over. I am willing to go 50/50 on this with someone. At our public meeting, we will work out a plan to contact a lawyer to develop a written contract for us to protect both our personal interests. We will sign this contract BEFORE contacting McDonald’s about the piece. Time is on our side, as pieces need to be redeemed by January 4, 2008.
Here are my rules for the Nov 10th meeting: Tell me you are coming with a first name, and description of yourself, responding to this thread. Wear a bright yellow or orange shirt so I can easily identify you. Bring only yourself to the mall. Bring the Park Place game piece.(I will bring a picture of me holding the game piece, and close up shots to prove that I have it). I will not have the physical piece on me because I do not want to get robbed. If you are afraid of getting robbed too, just bring a picture of yourself holding the Park Place game piece. You and me will not leave the mall together, and you will leave before I do. I have dark brown hair and will be alone. If our meeting goes well, we will exchange contact information in person and set a date to meet with a lawyer. I am not responsible for any travel expenditures in you getting to Bloomington, IL or costs it takes you to get back home. IF more than one person shows up, following all of these rules, then we will have a fair tie-breaking process. We will have a drawing to determine who I will work with. We will also set up a backup list for if things do not work out with the person who wins the drawing.
I really hope someone can help me here, in an honest and ethical way. Hopefully someone will be able to work out a plan that will give us plenty of time to sign a contract before the due redeem date. SERIOUS RESPONSES ONLY TO THIS THREAD PLEASE!
-Jessica
2bit

Lombard, IL

#2 Oct 30, 2007
Sheesh, and I was gonna just give it to ya.
Jeremy88

Collinsville, IL

#3 Oct 31, 2007
If you are for real i have the other game piece and i dont live to far from bloomington. But i need some kind of proof that this is real because i have seen many fakes and there are only three of these pieces in the entire US. If you are serious prove it at [email protected] then we will talk about everything
btnw

Mansfield, TX

#5 Nov 1, 2007
I also have the park place piece. Located in Ft. Worth,TX. Seriously interested in your offer.
Tommy

Fairview Heights, IL

#6 Nov 1, 2007
Bring verifiable picture ID, witnesses, a notary, a good lawyer, and an binding contract.
2bit

Lafayette, IN

#7 Nov 11, 2007
I have Park Place. I will sell it to you for $150K. Then you do with it what you will and I have wasted no gas and time. If your interested I'm up by Gurnee. You want it?
Jen wash ill

Galion, OH

#8 Nov 11, 2007
Hi Jessica,
I have park place and live 20 minutes from Bloomington. I would be very happy to work something out with you. Please contact me at [email protected] and we can exchange more details then.
Thanks, Jen
jen wash il

Peoria, IL

#9 Nov 14, 2007
Jessica,

I will meet you at 2:00pm at Eastland Mall/Food Court between Panda Express and Labamba on Saturday the 17th, 2007... if You tell me what you will be wearing. I will also email you a photo of me and piece so U know it is the truth.

Please email at [email protected]
DONNIE

San Antonio, TX

#11 Oct 19, 2008
Does anyone have park place. if u do we can work something out for the both of us.
DONNIE

San Antonio, TX

#12 Oct 19, 2008
does anyone have park place
Doug

Chicago, IL

#13 Oct 21, 2008
I have Park Place, looking for Boardwalk.

Email me @ [email protected]
Doug

Chicago, IL

#14 Oct 21, 2008
I am in Downers Grove, IL, definately willing to travel to Bloomington.
noobie

Liberty, TX

#15 Oct 21, 2008
Wow.....someone sure likes f**king with you unhealthy retards enough to write HELLA BULL S**T!!
buddibrazil

Durham, NC

#16 Oct 24, 2008
i have 20 park places
Jessica T

United States

#17 Oct 24, 2008
DONNIE wrote:
Does anyone have park place. if u do we can work something out for the both of us.
I HAVE IT AND LIVE IN NEW BRAUNFELS!!
[email protected]
Jonathan

New York, NY

#18 Oct 30, 2008
I have Park Place and I'm looking for BoardWalk. Email me: [email protected]

Or Call: eight, four, five; two, two, eight; eight, seven, seven, one.
Dorina

AOL

#19 Oct 31, 2008
I need the following monopoly and am willing to split 50/50
I Have the following Monopoly
Dorina

AOL

#20 Oct 31, 2008
Please email me at [email protected]
If you would need any of mine or sell any of your
Monopoly pieces...For 50/50
Tyler

Red Deer, Canada

#21 Oct 31, 2008
I have park place , going for low :P [email protected]
boss

Cambridge, Canada

#22 Nov 1, 2008
i need park place and also boardwalk

let me know if you can give them to me and i will gladly take them off your hands. ;)

my email is [email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illinois Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News We had a very interesting week Fri John 1
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) Fri Mark 52,069
News Mayors give south suburbs a strong voice on tol... Fri with 2
News Expanding McHenry manufacturer Fabrik Plastics ... Jul 29 Old Timer 3
News Romeoville Project Receives Illinois Economic D... Jul 28 Happy Trails 5
Illinois lottery scam? (Feb '10) Jul 27 ULJ1234 163
News Zion, Illinois: City To God, Destroyer Of Beer Jul 27 David and Jacob 4
More from around the web