"The Navy" The worst thing you can do...
MRS

Studio City, CA

#220 Sep 4, 2006
I am not sure about being in the military but prerec. for being licensed as a nurse in Illinois you must first be a CNA. USNRET is correct. No matter where you get your training you must pass state exams before being licensed. I am sure that would be true in any state. Illinois has brought nurses from the Philippines and they also must pass state exams.
Jose

AOL

#221 Sep 5, 2006
NO offense, your a dumb a$$. I bet your dad is one of those pricks that kisses so much a$$ and that when he breathes he stinks like Sh^$ and climbs the rank ladder. Dont talk about things you dont know, why dont you join the navy...and better yet join as a deck seaman, and tell me how you like it lol. Your a delusional b$%$, you see but yet you havn't experienced. YOur dad is gonna get a sh$^y as^ pention and end up as a cab driver lol. How the f' are we ungrateful, we come in to get some benifits and hopefuly some hope in life, but in return we get treated like tools and be made to clean sh.. for unimportant people like admirals. Clean sh.. for 2 hours, just for one guy to pass by for 2 minutes and not even glance at you lol. You have no clue man, no clue at all... THATS ITS, YOUR JUST A NAVY BRAT...a brat that is braind washed by your lifer dad. I served, you havn't, so shut it lol.
alan

Shippingport, PA

#222 Sep 5, 2006
Navy is not for Anybody wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Alan. You not thinking I'm a Millionaire is not what my objective on this posting is. I'm just saying that the NAVY is not for anybody and that you can still make it in the real world and achieve financial independency.
I agree with that--the Navy was legal slavery and I hated about 2/3rds of the 20 years I did as a nuclear submariner--you don't have the rights of a normal US citizen and it shows in the way they treat you!
ryu

Dallas, TX

#223 Sep 5, 2006
i want to get paid in the medical feild what is a good paying feild
slobo

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#224 Sep 6, 2006
I would not want you attending to me. You apparently cannot spell "field". This means you are semi-illiterate. Stick to truck driving.
punk21812000

Champaign, IL

#225 Sep 6, 2006
Ok I was a navy medic for 3.5 yrs. I loved it and wished I couldve stayed in but do to medical problems I was removed with a honorable discharge. I recommend the corpsman field to anyone who wants to endure the medical life. As for alot people on this blog I think you need to think about alot of things before you write it on here because you do show alot of ignorance. I have been out of the service for over 2 yrs now and I am still going to college for nursing so like I said if you want to enjoy a great life in medical go corpsman.
navy

Virginia Beach, VA

#226 Sep 6, 2006
hotsauce wrote:
NO! being a nurse or a doctor is not really wat i want! It's like the bottom of my list! like i said the only reason i pick HP is dat if i wont like the Navy and my term is up then i could jus be a certified nurse or somethin in the Civilian life. which is good pay! and i didnt waste my 5 yrs. in the navy. Before i decided to pick the job as an Hospital Corpsman, i was thinkin of being in the media feild, like photography or journalism and all dat stuff. But if i pick those kind of job and i decide to get out of the navy after my term is up then i would not get much anythin of it ryt? I mean what kind of jobs awaits me in the civilian life. Journalism and photography is not really a highly demand job. So dats why i pick HP! anywayz i wanna know is HP more likely to be in the ship or in land? and also i wanna know if i can go to a regular college while in the Navy? like am talkin about a real university not some college from the navy or some professor in the navy ship! and if we can! can we like do it after we go to dat navy school thing? oh and its good to know theirs some fine girls in the navy! i thought ill haf to mess with those masculine military women!
if that's not what you want to do then don't do it. you will hate then. photography is kind of fun on the ship. and yes in the civilian life you can open up your own photograpy and do weddings and all that. they make good money doing that. HM doesn't do anything for you when you get out. if you must know about ship or land i would say ship because there are more dangers on a ship. i believe when you are in the navy you could probably do internet courses, but sometimes there is no guarentee the internet will be up and you have to pay full for the college. you have to pay tuition and books where as you get the MGI Bill you only have to pay for books. And yes you can take some courses on the ship. I myself am doing that starting October. I am taking a couple courses. All I have to pay for is the books.
Evenson

Sydney, Australia

#227 Sep 6, 2006
slobo wrote:
I would not want you attending to me. You apparently cannot spell "field". This means you are semi-illiterate. Stick to truck driving.
Maybe you should stop paying out people about type-o's and actually discuss something relevant.
Evenson

Sydney, Australia

#228 Sep 6, 2006
Jose wrote:
NO offense, your a dumb a$$. I bet your dad is one of those pricks that kisses so much a$$ and that when he breathes he stinks like Sh^$ and climbs the rank ladder. Dont talk about things you dont know, why dont you join the navy...and better yet join as a deck seaman, and tell me how you like it lol. Your a delusional b$%$, you see but yet you havn't experienced. YOur dad is gonna get a sh$^y as^ pention and end up as a cab driver lol. How the f' are we ungrateful, we come in to get some benifits and hopefuly some hope in life, but in return we get treated like tools and be made to clean sh.. for unimportant people like admirals. Clean sh.. for 2 hours, just for one guy to pass by for 2 minutes and not even glance at you lol. You have no clue man, no clue at all... THATS ITS, YOUR JUST A NAVY BRAT...a brat that is braind washed by your lifer dad. I served, you havn't, so shut it lol.
Your saying that that this person is brainwashed, and you feel like youshould be important. Yet you joined, so what does that say about you? And obviously you have not experienced grammer on any level ahve you?
BigDebt

Woods Hole, MA

#229 Sep 7, 2006
Any current/former Navy people out there who can comment on the Loan Repayment program? I'm considering joining the Navy to get out from a mountain ($80K) of loan debt. I have a B.A. degree was looking at OCS, but apparently the Navy Loan Repayment Program only applies to enlisted not officers.
Also, any other advice on the Navy would be welcome. Thx
MRS

Studio City, CA

#231 Sep 7, 2006
Navy Brat wrote:
Escuse me but you guys are really ignorant. For your information my father is in the Navy and he goes on those ships all the time. He gets sent over seas and has to go around the coasts where all the other militarys are. navy men and women are hard working you guys are ingrateful and deserve to be on the ships when and if they sink
I really wish you wouldn't have put that last part in. You really don't want to see a ship go down and people die do you? I just bet your Dad would not have appreciated what you said. I agree, there are some pantywaist young people going in the military and they don't realize that is what the military does but to wish anyone to die is just wrong no matter how you look at it.
Hotsauce

Alexandria, LA

#233 Sep 8, 2006
damn! so i guess i made a bad decision in life then! and i hate regrets man!! so i joined Navy for nothing! i mean i thought joining the navy would be a great thing to me! My master plan was to go to the navy get a medical feild job so that i could use it in the civilian life. and then while in the navy i was gonna go to college and take those two years nursing program wtvr, i think they're called LPN then if i finish that and my 5 yrs. is up. then i dont have to re-inlist and be a civilian and jus enojoy life. and maybe use G.I. Montgomery bills to go to college to be a full nurse or somethin else. whats the best thing for me to do? i mean i dont ship out till December!
jalarise84

Portage, WI

#234 Sep 8, 2006
Hello. I am new to this posting. I joined the Navy in june but I had to get my ship date changed to March 6, 2007 instead of Sept. 13th. Looking at the reviews, there seems to be a lot more bad things about the Navy than good. Right now I am struggling to decide what I want to do for a career and how I am going to pay for it, and I am looking to the Navy for help. Yes, all the benefits sound promising, but one person wrote, JOIN THE NAVY WITH CAUTION which is exactly what I am doing. Right now, the Navy is going to be a last resort for me considering I have six months to really think about if I really want to go or not. I must say, I agree with the comment about how everyone on the boats cuss and have negative attitudes. Even though, I am not in the Navy yet, while at the MEPS, I encountered negativity and a whole lot of profanity . I thought this particular recruiter was very unprofessional in how much profanity he used. Even one of the young ladies processing the applicants called our paperwork "s***t". The whole experience at the MEPS made me feel like I was apart of a pack of dogs being checked for the best breed. I am still very much considering the Navy, but like I said, it will be a last resort for me.
navy

Virginia Beach, VA

#238 Sep 9, 2006
jalarise84 wrote:
Hello. I am new to this posting. I joined the Navy in june but I had to get my ship date changed to March 6, 2007 instead of Sept. 13th. Looking at the reviews, there seems to be a lot more bad things about the Navy than good. Right now I am struggling to decide what I want to do for a career and how I am going to pay for it, and I am looking to the Navy for help. Yes, all the benefits sound promising, but one person wrote, JOIN THE NAVY WITH CAUTION which is exactly what I am doing. Right now, the Navy is going to be a last resort for me considering I have six months to really think about if I really want to go or not. I must say, I agree with the comment about how everyone on the boats cuss and have negative attitudes. Even though, I am not in the Navy yet, while at the MEPS, I encountered negativity and a whole lot of profanity . I thought this particular recruiter was very unprofessional in how much profanity he used. Even one of the young ladies processing the applicants called our paperwork "s***t". The whole experience at the MEPS made me feel like I was apart of a pack of dogs being checked for the best breed. I am still very much considering the Navy, but like I said, it will be a last resort for me.
honestly you are a big baby, if you don't like all the cussing then don't join the navy. if you don't like the attitude then don't join, you won't like it. either suck it up or don't join
jalarise84

Portage, WI

#239 Sep 10, 2006
navy wrote:
<quoted text>
honestly you are a big baby, if you don't like all the cussing then don't join the navy. if you don't like the attitude then don't join, you won't like it. either suck it up or don't join
Excuse me, but I am a person of professionalism and character which does not make me a baby. I expect those things from a government organization who claims to be about "pride, courage, and committment." There was absolutely no cause for the profanity nor the attitude, but I guess that's what one should expect living in this world. To me, it's not a matter of "sucking it up." It's a matter of personal standards that I will not let down just for educational benefits which would be the only reason why I would join the Navy. I said in my last post that the Navy would be a last resort for me, but at this point, it is no longer a resort at all. Success is a choice and I will choose to succeed and find other means of funding my education.
jalarise84

Portage, WI

#240 Sep 10, 2006
general scott wrote:
you make me wanna puke ,a day with out blood is like a day with out sunshine .
Go ahead and puke. Who's stopping u?
navy

Virginia Beach, VA

#241 Sep 10, 2006
jalarise84 wrote:
<quoted text>Excuse me, but I am a person of professionalism and character which does not make me a baby. I expect those things from a government organization who claims to be about "pride, courage, and committment." There was absolutely no cause for the profanity nor the attitude, but I guess that's what one should expect living in this world. To me, it's not a matter of "sucking it up." It's a matter of personal standards that I will not let down just for educational benefits which would be the only reason why I would join the Navy. I said in my last post that the Navy would be a last resort for me, but at this point, it is no longer a resort at all. Success is a choice and I will choose to succeed and find other means of funding my education.
oh now you are just joining for the educational benefits? you should be joining the navy to fight for your country and the people in it no matter what kind of environment. not just for educational benefits.
graetness

Arcadia, FL

#242 Sep 11, 2006
the navy is great they protect the country
MSTT

Columbus, OH

#243 Sep 11, 2006
Exactly what do you think the navy does to protect our country? It is a service which has not been involved in a major battle for over 60 years. The navy at best is a diplomatic function. We sail around and hit ports so that we can kiss that countryís ass and try and convince them that Americans arenít assholes.
Ace

York, PA

#245 Sep 11, 2006
You are full of shit . In every conflict we have been in the Navy has been in action. They are the backbone of our arm forces. They have and aways will stand between us and who every wants to harm us ,but they don't do anything?.. Also The USMC is part of the Navy , just go up to any Marine and tell them they don't do anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illinois Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Mark 52,057
News Expanding McHenry manufacturer Fabrik Plastics ... 7 hr Old Timer 3
News Romeoville Project Receives Illinois Economic D... 21 hr Happy Trails 5
Illinois lottery scam? (Feb '10) Mon ULJ1234 163
News Zion, Illinois: City To God, Destroyer Of Beer Mon David and Jacob 4
News 'iCarly' star Miranda Cosgrove breaks ankle in ... (Aug '11) Jul 23 Victoria Justice 10
dcfs tearing apart familie (Mar '06) Jul 22 Ronda66 1,301
More from around the web